Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? - Technology Market (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? (131735 Views)

Cheap Used Foreign Air Conditioner for Sales / 1.5 HP Haier Thermocool Air Conditioner For Sale / Get The Best Air Conditioning Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by sacramento1212: 6:11pm On Apr 24, 2023
tizteezy:

Samsung equally make good units o

Yes, they do. If you don't like LG, Samsung can still do the same job and quality similar. It's a trusted Brand too.

1 Like

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Twistkihd(m): 8:15pm On Apr 24, 2023
My chiefs in the house good evening,

Please I need your advise on the best Ac brand to get for a selfcon that consumes less units of electricity using prepaid meter.. also thinking to get a 1hp..

Thank you
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Stormyweather(m): 10:02pm On Apr 24, 2023
Who has used Transparent AC before?
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by keeper303: 10:57pm On Apr 24, 2023
Stormyweather:
Who has used Transparent AC before?

I bought the Transparent rechargeable fan and it is serving me well. I expect the same from their AC. Where is the A/C being sold and how much is it going for? Being a new brand in the market, I expect the price to be lower than those of the major brands.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Stormyweather(m): 10:51am On Apr 25, 2023
keeper303:

I bought the Transparent rechargeable fan and it is serving me well. I expect the same from their AC. Where is the A/C being sold and how much is it going for? Being a new brand in the market, I expect the price to be lower than those of the major brands.
it is pretty lower than the prices of other brands out there. ACs no matter the brand will cool but after a year is what I can't guarantee. I have their solar rechargeable fan as well. I'm looking at their smart TV and the AC.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by mangolpupa: 12:57pm On Apr 25, 2023
I often see the very understandable question of which AC is the best or better.

Yes some AC manufacturers have distinguished themselves in the market, but apart from materials, you are also paying a premium for the name brand. Infact companies have been known to sale their business separately and brand name separately. That how powerful and profitable a good brand name is.

The "best" is also a relative term. For eg. Daikin and Panasonic are great but that doesn't mean other AC are wrote-offs and will not provide long term service. The question we should be looking at is what is my budget and my requirements. for eg. If item A cost 500k (15yrs chilling no issues) and item B cost 250k (12yrs chilling no issues). You can see that item A though 2x cost of item B is not 2x the service life of item B. Which means that one can argue correctly that item B is the "best", since it averages 21k per year but item A averages 33k per year to do same cooling.

Apart from personal experience, we also rely alot of friends/family experiences which can be subjective. So I think to make the selection objective, some of the considerations for me will be:

1. Make sure the AC is 100% pure copper.
2. See if the fins(vents) of the outdoor unit has some kind of anti corrosion coating or made of a resilient material.
3. Check for how serviceable that brand is in Nigeria. Do the have a really functioning service center?

A cheaper AC doesn't necessarily mean an inferior product. There are many marketing reason a very good build AC may be coming in fairly priced. But don't get it twisted, there bound to be cheap and poor material AC out there hence the need to do some due diligence.

I recommend original panasonic, daikin, mitsubishi but if you can't get these, there other equally good mid tier AC manufacturers. They may not be popular and not be Japanese but they're good too.

Finally, whatever you end up with, be sure to treat it right. Carry out preventive maintain once in a while by cleaning your indoor/outdoor units properly as per maintenance manual. I had almost written off an AC I bought years back for not cooling but I technician I engaged looked at everything and concluded it need to be cleaned so it can "breathe". After the cleaning with so much dirt out, the AC started chilling again. Another mistake I notice is undersized your AC (putting 1.5hp or 1hp where it should be 2hp).

2 Likes

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by kevkory: 2:32pm On Apr 25, 2023
tizteezy:

Is this an inverter or non inverter unit?

And how much did you get it?

It's not inverter. But it operates like one. Very silent and cools incredibly fast. I got it 195k after bargaining. That was in January though.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by tizteezy(m): 4:45pm On Apr 25, 2023
sacramento1212
fashrola
mangolpupa

Some ACs, we don't seem to find the original ones in the Nigerian market.

For instance, I went out with a client today to find Samsung ACs, we couldn't find Korean mades, only China models flood the market.

I think same with LG. We only see the China versions and not Korea.

Problematic
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by tizteezy(m): 4:47pm On Apr 25, 2023
kevkory:

It's not inverter. But it operates like one. Very silent and cools incredibly fast. I got it 195k after bargaining. That was in January though.

Okay
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by sacramento1212: 9:09am On Apr 26, 2023
tizteezy:
sacramento1212
fashrola
mangolpupa

Some ACs, we don't seem to find the original ones in the Nigerian market.

For instance, I went out with a client today to find Samsung ACs, we couldn't find Korean mades, only China models flood the market.

I think same with LG. We only see the China versions and not Korea.

Problematic

Yes, that's another challenge. Same applies to Panasonic. The made in Malaysia ones aren't much out there but rather China. The China made is cheaper and I guess they are importing those to remain competitive in the market because the mentality of so many would be they can get similar ACs cheaper but they fail to look at the aspect of Quality and durability.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by drizzy22(m): 10:52am On Apr 30, 2023
Hello Guys!

I intend to buy a 1/1.5hp inverter AC
And also deep freezer

Between Hisense or thermocool, which should I go for?
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Stormyweather(m): 12:46pm On Apr 30, 2023
drizzy22:
Hello Guys!

And also deep freezer

@sacramento1212 I'm in same keke. I intend buying an inverter AC. I'm looking at a 2hp or 1.5. Which brand can I rely on when it comes to inverter apart from LG Dual inverter? Also will a 3.7-4.1kva generator power the AC? I run my 1.5 non inverter with the same capacity generator.

2 Likes

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by mangolpupa: 2:34pm On Apr 30, 2023
drizzy22:
Hello Guys!

And also deep freezer

Happy sunday my oga. if you've had the privilege of going through this thread, you'll notice that you type of question has been asked many times and I dont see these type of questions ending any time soon, If there is no kind of objectivity applied.

The challenge I have about these questions are that the answers are to a greater degree very subjective. What do I mean? Someone here can rightly tell you now that hisense is better from his experience. Another person can also rightly tell you that Thermocool is better from his experience. And they both would not be lying. So what do you do?

This is why I am more inclined for us (anyone) to start asking questions of what a good AC should have first, with that knowledge we will all be making an informed choice and not solely rely on often used second hand information. Note: I am not rubbishing people experiences but using that as a measure of what is good/bad is unwise.

Now Hisense is a big AC chinese manufacturer. "Thermocool" is made by Haier corporation which is also a chinese manfacturer for PZ Industries. PZ assembles. So this is really a battle of chinese AC manufacturers. Personally, I would rate both products technically similar (within limits) with each other but the only reason I would tilt towards thermocool inverter is because of the on-the-ground after sales service you get with their products provided by the numerous PZ Industries service centers. . The really honor product warranties without wahala.

Presently, I dont think Hisense after sales service is as established as that of thermocool.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by sacramento1212: 6:17pm On Apr 30, 2023
Stormyweather:
@sacramento1212 I'm in same keke. I intend buying an inverter AC. I'm looking at a 2hp or 1.5. Which brand can I rely on when it comes to inverter apart from LG Dual inverter? Also will a 3.7-4.1kva generator power the AC? I run my 1.5 non inverter with the same capacity generator.

You can go for the 1.5hp inverter. And yes, your generator capacity will be sufficient to power it without any stress on it. There are other brands of inverter AC. If you can afford Daikin or Panasonic inverter, you can go for those. If you don't like LG, Samsung is another good brand.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by sacramento1212: 6:19pm On Apr 30, 2023
drizzy22:
Hello Guys!

And also deep freezer

I won't recommend hisense. That was how i advised an inlaw of mine but he didn't listen and he's regretting today. For deep freezer, LG is the right brand and buy from Fouani. For AC, LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Daikin are brands i recommend all depends on your budget.

2 Likes

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Stormyweather(m): 9:37am On May 01, 2023
sacramento1212:

You can go for the 1.5hp inverter. And yes, your generator capacity will be sufficient to power it without any stress on it. There are other brands of inverter AC. If you can afford Daikin or Panasonic inverter, you can go for those. If you don't like LG, Samsung is another good brand.
thanks a lot. Those brands are pricey. Is Hisense inverter good option?
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by sacramento1212: 11:57am On May 01, 2023
Stormyweather:
thanks a lot. Those brands are pricey. Is Hisense inverter good option?

Hisense isn't a brand i can recommend to anyone. Quality isn't really good. LG is better
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Stormyweather(m): 12:03pm On May 01, 2023
sacramento1212:

Hisense isn't a brand i can recommend to anyone. Quality isn't really good. LG is better
okay. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Bestlily(f): 2:54pm On May 04, 2023
JayHymn:
Abeg I want to buy a 1hp inverter ac for a mini flat but I dey fear the price. So I'm considering fairly used hope I won't regret it? And what brand should I go for?

What's the update, what did you get? I'm in your position now
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by isangjohnson: 9:28pm On May 10, 2023
I saw sticker on dual inverter AC that it saves 70% energy and it has genmode while smart inverter AC saves 60% and it doesn't have genmode in LG office. I went straight to check 1.5hp dual inverter AC and I saw Normal Input 1,170w. Max Input 2,250w.
1. Should the 70% energy savings be calculated on Normal Input power of 1,170w?.
2. How does smart inverter LG AC save 60% when it doesn't have genmode?
Please, who has used 1hp and 1.5hp should let me know how many watt 1hp and 1.5hp has consumed in genmode (dual inverter) in the afternoon and at night.
Someone that has used smart inverter should please say something about the 60? energy saving.
My brother wants to power them on solar system and not generator.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by nonny1212: 12:50pm On May 11, 2023
isangjohnson:
I saw sticker on dual inverter AC that it saves 70% energy and it has genmode while smart inverter AC saves 60% and it doesn't have genmode in LG office. I went straight to check 1.5hp dual inverter AC and I saw Normal Input 1,170w. Max Input 2,250w.
1. Should the 70% energy savings be calculated on Normal Input power of 1,170w?.
2. How does smart inverter LG AC save 60% when it doesn't have genmode?
Please, who has used 1hp and 1.5hp should let me know how many watt 1hp and 1.5hp has consumed in genmode (dual inverter) in the afternoon and at night.
Someone that has used smart inverter should please say something about the 60? energy saving.
My brother wants to power them on solar system and not generator.
For the sake of PEACE OF MIND, avoid LG smart inverter. If you want to enjoy LG, go for their dual inverter.
Depending on your settings, Dual inverter can consume as less as 500watts to maintain cooling. It even consumes lesser at night. Mind you, it consumes as high as 1.2kwatts on startup but goes down to 500watts as the room cools down

4 Likes

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by isangjohnson: 5:29pm On May 11, 2023
nonny1212:

For the sake of PEACE OF MIND, avoid LG smart inverter. If you want to enjoy LG, go for their dual inverter.
Depending on your settings, Dual inverter can consume as less as 500watts to maintain cooling. It even consumes lesser at night. Mind you, it consumes as high as 1.2kwatts on startup but goes down to 500watts as the room cools down
You say it depends on the settings, does dual inverter have other settings aside genmode?
I'll like to know the settings that will make it consume less than 500w for 1hp.
I saw in a sticker that it saves 70% energy and I don't know how truth it's.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by nonny1212: 8:08am On May 12, 2023
isangjohnson:

You say it depends on the settings, does dual inverter have other settings aside genmode?
I'll like to know the settings that will make it consume less than 500w for 1hp.
I saw in a sticker that it saves 70% energy and I don't know how truth it's.
Gen mode is for when you are using generator. There is no special settings, Personally I leave my degree on 26*c
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by isangjohnson: 8:27am On May 12, 2023
nonny1212:
Gen mode is for when you are using generator. There is no special settings, Personally I leave my degree on 26*c
Please at 26*c, what is the watt you usually see during the day and at night?
Is your AC 1.5hp?
Thanks for your advice.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by nonny1212: 8:47am On May 12, 2023
isangjohnson:

Please at 26*c, what is the watt you usually see during the day and at night?
Is your AC 1.5hp?
Thanks for your advice.
I have 1.5, it can go as low as 200-300watts maintaining cooling at night, then between 500-600wats maintaining cooling at daytime
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by isangjohnson: 7:35am On May 13, 2023
nonny1212:
I have 1.5, it can go as low as 200-300watts maintaining cooling at night, then between 500-600wats maintaining cooling at daytime
Thanks for your input Sir
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Nobody: 8:45am On May 23, 2023
sacramento1212
fashrola
mangolpupa

Good morning.
I intend to purchase a tower AC for my office. The space is a bit big and my require up to 2 tower ACs. I don't have the money for 2 right now. I'm looking for a brand that's highly effective. What brands would you recommend ?
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by sacramento1212: 7:18pm On May 23, 2023
Freiden:
sacramento1212
fashrola
mangolpupa

Good morning.
I intend to purchase a tower AC for my office. The space is a bit big and my require up to 2 tower ACs. I don't have the money for 2 right now. I'm looking for a brand that's highly effective. What brands would you recommend ?

Type of Brands = Your Budget. While also factoring the aspect of Quality, durability and reliability.

You won't go wrong with Panasonic, Daikin. But expensive. You can also go for LG but ensure you are purchasing from Fouani.

1 Like

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Caleb4show: 8:29am On May 25, 2023
sacramento1212

Please I need your advice on Panasonic Inverter R410A
Do you think it's a good buy

1 Like

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by tizteezy(m): 7:49pm On May 25, 2023
Caleb4show:
sacramento1212

Made in Malaysia, India, Japan or China?

I'm equally curious if the made in China models of Panasonic and Samsung are worth it
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by sacramento1212: 8:19pm On May 25, 2023
Caleb4show:
sacramento1212

What the origin of the Panasonic? If Malaysia, go ahead. Many of the Panasonic ACs in the market are made in China.

1 Like

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by sacramento1212: 8:20pm On May 25, 2023
tizteezy:

Made in Malaysia, India, Japan or China?

I'm equally curious if the made in China models of Panasonic and Samsung are worth it

It will work but quality won't be same like the one manufactured in Malaysia and Korea. Also, price won't be the same too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (30) (Reply)

PICK UP SERVICE FROM OFFERUP, LETGO AND PERSONAL SHOPPING IN ATLANTA / Buy Cheap And Quality Home Theatre Systems And Sound Bars In Lagos / MTN 1gb Now N350, 10gb = N2900 - WhatsApp: 08092002503

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.