Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,410 members, 7,812,215 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? - Technology Market (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? (130934 Views)

Cheap Used Foreign Air Conditioner for Sales / 1.5 HP Haier Thermocool Air Conditioner For Sale / Get The Best Air Conditioning Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by mangolpupa: 6:12pm On Sep 02, 2023
Ikechy08:
I bought online. And that 307 is with Accessories, so they have changed their price

Thanks for response.

God abeg oo grin
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by KingsPath: 7:03pm On Sep 19, 2023
What's your experience after this past years?

nonny1212:
Can you post the picture of your own?

Initially I wanted to go for thermocool inverter AC coz my refrigerator and my generator is thermocool and everyone know how expensive their product can be. I called their showroom in my location and I was told 181,700 for 1.5hp. It was expensive for me that was what triggered my switch to another brand.

I watched the euros match and seeing hisense as the sponsor, that gave them the boost in my list although I had LG dual inverter AC in mind.

I met someone that complained that his 1.5 LG Inverter wasn't cooling his sitting room enough, he had to add hisense non inverter to get him that chill. This review made me change my mind from LG too.

I met another guy that gave me 100% assurance that I won't regret buying hisense Inverter coz that is what he is using. And guess what, e dey cheaper than the 2 I rejected.

So far, av been enjoying this AC, very fast cooling.

Polystar too is good. I know a friend that uses it in his office and e dey try. Maybe na because say na 1hp.

Mine is 1.5hp.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by BarrElChapo(m): 10:46pm On Sep 28, 2023
mangolpupa:
I often see the very understandable question of which AC is the best or better.

Yes some AC manufacturers have distinguished themselves in the market, but apart from materials, you are also paying a premium for the name brand. Infact companies have been known to sale their business separately and brand name separately. That how powerful and profitable a good brand name is.

The "best" is also a relative term. For eg. Daikin and Panasonic are great but that doesn't mean other AC are wrote-offs and will not provide long term service. The question we should be looking at is what is my budget and my requirements. for eg. If item A cost 500k (15yrs chilling no issues) and item B cost 250k (12yrs chilling no issues). You can see that item A though 2x cost of item B is not 2x the service life of item B. Which means that one can argue correctly that item B is the "best", since it averages 21k per year but item A averages 33k per year to do same cooling.

Apart from personal experience, we also rely alot of friends/family experiences which can be subjective. So I think to make the selection objective, some of the considerations for me will be:

1. Make sure the AC is 100% pure copper.
2. See if the fins(vents) of the outdoor unit has some kind of anti corrosion coating or made of a resilient material.
3. Check for how serviceable that brand is in Nigeria. Do the have a really functioning service center?

A cheaper AC doesn't necessarily mean an inferior product. There are many marketing reason a very good build AC may be coming in fairly priced. But don't get it twisted, there bound to be cheap and poor material AC out there hence the need to do some due diligence.

I recommend original panasonic, daikin, mitsubishi but if you can't get these, there other equally good mid tier AC manufacturers. They may not be popular and not be Japanese but they're good too.

Finally, whatever you end up with, be sure to treat it right. Carry out preventive maintain once in a while by cleaning your indoor/outdoor units properly as per maintenance manual. I had almost written off an AC I bought years back for not cooling but I technician I engaged looked at everything and concluded it need to be cleaned so it can "breathe". After the cleaning with so much dirt out, the AC started chilling again. Another mistake I notice is undersized your AC (putting 1.5hp or 1hp where it should be 2hp).

Good article but you didn’t suggest any midrange options.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by mangolpupa: 9:19pm On Sep 29, 2023
BarrElChapo:

Good article but you didn’t suggest any midrange options.

Suggested are: Midea, Hisense, Thermocool (manufactured by Haier for PZ Industries and branded as Thermocool). I know these to be from original equipment manufacturers. Of course, there may be other brands but most of them are white label products. Not implicitly writing those off but prefer OEM brands because they spend money on R&grin and often have long term goals towards continous product growth.

1 Like

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by seanwilliam(m): 3:48pm On Sep 30, 2023
sacramento1212:

So many things can be wrong with it. It may be low voltage, may require servicing or may be capacitor. How's the power situation over there? I will suggest you remove the unit, take it to the car wash guys for pressure wash for them to flush both the evaporator and condenser so the unit can breathe well just incase it's blocked.

After which fix back and observe.
Good day brotherly.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by sacramento1212: 9:12pm On Sep 30, 2023
LG is a better Brand than Hisense. I cannot recommend the purchase of Hisense even for TV for anyone. LG has a name and even though Fouani happens to be the company selling both Brands, you cannot compared the quality of LG when compared to Hisense.

Go for the LG for TV. Picture quality on Hisense isn't like LG. LG is by far better and ignore whatsoever you were told by the sales rep. Many times, they try to rope you in because of their sales commission they may wanna get.

As for the AC, you either get LG or Thermocool but not Hisense.

CC: seanwilliam
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by seanwilliam(m): 10:06pm On Sep 30, 2023
sacramento1212:
LG is a better Brand than Hisense. I cannot recommend the purchase of Hisense even for TV for anyone. LG has a name and even though Fouani happens to be the company selling both Brands, you cannot compared the quality of LG when compared to Hisense.

Go for the LG for TV. Picture quality on Hisense isn't like LG. LG is by far better and ignore whatsoever you were told by the sales rep. Many times, they try to rope you in because of their sales commission they may wanna get.

As for the AC, you either get LG or Thermocool but not Hisense.

CC: seilliam

Thanks boss.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by sacramento1212: 10:32pm On Sep 30, 2023
Yes, LG is very good. I'm using one and no issues whatsoever.

CC: Seanwilliam
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by stdennis: 8:25pm On Oct 21, 2023
Please is there much difference between LG inverter and LG Dual inverter AC?
Does the dual inverter truly saves upto 70% energy and how much energy does the ordinary inverter saves?

I want to buy LG inverter AC, so I like to know the difference between ordinary inverter and dual inverter, before choosing which one to buy?

Thanks.

sacramento1212:

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by stdennis: 8:28pm On Oct 21, 2023
Does the dual inverter truly saves upto 70% energy and how much energy does the ordinary inverter saves?

I want to buy LG inverter AC, so I like to know the difference between ordinary inverter and dual inverter, before choosing which one to buy?

Thanks

mangolpupa:

Suggested are: Midea, Hisense, Thermocool (manufactured by Haier for PZ Industries and branded as Thermocool). I know these to be from original equipment manufacturers. Of course, there may be other brands but most of them are white label products. Not implicitly writing those off but prefer OEM brands because they spend money on R&grin and often have long term goals towards continous product growth.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by mangolpupa: 9:31pm On Oct 21, 2023
stdennis:

Thanks

Dual is a newer technology. LG AC with dual inverter has twin rotary compressor while normal ones have single rotary compressor. The advantages include better efficency leading to better energy performance, quiter operations, less vibration, cools faster, more reliable than normal inverter (which is also good).

Dual is better than single inverter.

1 Like

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by sundayid(m): 12:08pm On Nov 04, 2023
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Stanleyallen17(m): 6:43am On Nov 05, 2023
sacramento1212:

Good Morning Sir
My LG dual inverter ac turn on and off within 5 to 10 secs and time I turn on the wall socket equiped with a surge protector.. Please what do I need to watch out for..
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Tksunta: 8:52pm On Nov 10, 2023
Can anyone suggest which i should go for between Haier thermocool Tundra 1hp or Hisense 1hp. Both copper compressor
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by aeu1: 4:10am On Nov 11, 2023
mangolpupa:

Buying from authorised dealers is a sure no story way to go. Not that you won't find many reputable LG showroom selling genuine AC. But if you're highly risk averse, please buy from Fouani. The are LG authorised dealer in Nigeria. I think they do "free delivery" above a certain amount.
I left electronics sales job since 2008, but what i observed was - brand representatives in Nigeria do mix fake with original and sell. I knew Faouni for sure with LG products. It was so obvious with the rate of failure of LG products of all range (TV, Home theaters, AC, fridges, etc).
This deceit extended to generators and Laptops/computer country representatives too.
There is no easy way to figure out fake from original my dear - I once cross checked an item we bought from Fouani from LG's website and discovered it was not among listed LG' s models as at that time, but I found the model at Alibaba website in China. So Fouani must have ordered from China and requested them to brand it with LG label. This product started giving problem in a short time.
Suggestion; stick to sellers that offers and ho ours warranty and try and preserve your receipts and warranty cards for possible future claims.
I want to believe this practice still exists.

2 Likes

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by mangolpupa: 2:58pm On Nov 11, 2023
aeu1:

I left electronics sales job since 2008, but what i observed was - brand representatives in Nigeria do mix fake with original and sell. I knew Faouni for sure with LG products. It was so obvious with the rate of failure of LG products of all range (TV, Home theaters, AC, fridges, etc).
This deceit extended to generators and Laptops/computer country representatives too.
There is no easy way to figure out fake from original my dear - I once cross checked an item we bought from Fouani from LG's website and discovered it was not among listed LG' s models as at that time, but I found the model at Alibaba website in China. So Fouani must have ordered from China and requested them to brand it with LG label. This product started giving problem in a short time.
Suggestion; stick to sellers that offers and ho ours warranty and try and preserve your receipts and warranty cards for possible future claims.
I want to believe this practice still exists.

Sir, i welcome your contribution. Your experience, knowledge are yours and its great to share - no issues.

But at the end of the day, I am of the opinion that there is no better "person" to deal with than an OEM (LG, Panasonic, Midea etc) officially recognized distributor. Given the option to choose b/w an officially recognized dealer vs an unknown dealer in terms of product warranty claims, I will choose an officially recognized dealer.

For info, LG has manufacturing factories in South Korea (LG homebase), China, India etc..
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by toksade203: 8:03pm On Nov 14, 2023
Hi Guys, can anyone confirm if FOUANI Store does Black Friday promo or Christmas discount?
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by aieromon(m): 6:12am On Nov 15, 2023
toksade203:
Hi Guys, can anyone confirm if FOUANI Store does Black Friday promo or Christmas discount?

Yes, checkout their store on Jumia.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by toksade203: 1:50pm On Nov 15, 2023
aieromon:

Yes, checkout their store on Jumia.

Thank you for your response, the LG dualcool and Hisense are currently out of stock
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Chammpagne: 9:32am On Nov 18, 2023
toksade203:

Thank you for your response, the LG dualcool and Hisense are currently out of stock

I just ordered a 2 unit of 1.5 lg dual inverter on jumia fouani store for my new house next year before dollar skyrocks again
I hope it worth the buy
Since I'm not using now until next year hope there isn't any cons.
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by toksade203: 3:58pm On Nov 19, 2023
Chammpagne:

I just ordered a 2 unit of 1.5 lg dual inverter on jumia fouani store for my new house next year before dollar skyrocks again
I hope it worth the buy
Since I'm not using now until next year hope there isn't any cons.

Please help with the link or am I missing something
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Chammpagne: 7:58pm On Nov 20, 2023
Guy help me
I ordered 2unit of lg dual inverter from jumia fouani store
Delivery guy called to deliver 1unit
I rejected objecting I want My 2unit
Did I do the right thing
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by NoNonsense419: 9:14pm On Nov 20, 2023
Chammpagne:
Guy help me
I ordered 2unit of lg dual inverter from jumia fouani store
Delivery guy called to deliver 1unit
I rejected objecting I want My 2unit
Did I do the right thing
Thanks in anticipation
What do you mean by jumia fouani store?
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Chammpagne: 11:08pm On Nov 20, 2023
NoNonsense419:

Different brand has stores on jumia
Jumia is just like a escrow
I paid upfront 625k
Can you believe the delivery guy ended the call while talking lol 😆 😂 🤣
If I catch that guy first
I sha rejected the order I'm calling jumia customer care tomorrow
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by nonny1212: 7:29am On Nov 21, 2023
NoNonsense419:

E even surprise me. Everyone is always advised to buy directly from FOUANI. Either through their showroom or website. E dey simple. I no know why some of us just like stress
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by lovelyadeola(m): 11:51am On Nov 22, 2023
kenodrill:

Hisense is rubbish. Better don't buy it.
How do you mean ??
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Adekunletinery: 3:59pm On Dec 10, 2023
I just bought a royal A.C inverter 1.5hp. Hope I don’t make a wrong step ? And secondly hope the products is good ? Abeg make una clear me oo!!
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by keeper303: 11:52pm On Dec 10, 2023
Adekunletinery:
I just bought a royal A.C inverter 1.5hp. Hope I don’t make a wrong step ? And secondly hope the products is good ? Abeg make una clear me oo!!

Putting the cart before the horse grin grin grin
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by nonny1212: 7:55am On Dec 11, 2023
Adekunletinery:
When you don already buy
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Jskelly11: 7:55am On Dec 15, 2023
Good morning house, just got the Haier Thermacool genpal 1.5 HP Inverter AC yesterday, I don't think it cools well. The 1hp Hisense spilt Ac that was here before cools better than the 1.5hp Inverter Haier AC. Did I get a bad unit or I should give the new AC time? Thanks
Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by nonny1212: 2:30pm On Dec 15, 2023
Jskelly11:
Good morning house, just got the Haier Thermacool genpal 1.5 HP Inverter AC yesterday, I don't think it cools well. The 1hp Hisense spilt Ac that was here before cools better than the 1.5hp Inverter Haier AC. Did I get a bad unit or I should give the new AC time? Thanks
I always advise ppl to go for LG dual inverter AC. Na the best when it comes to inverters.

1 Like

Re: Which Brand Has The Best Air Conditioner? by Jskelly11: 7:48pm On Dec 15, 2023
nonny1212:
I always advise ppl to go for LG dual inverter AC. Na the best when it comes to inverters.
Funds no reach to get the LG AC na why man go for the Thermacool Boss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

PICK UP SERVICE FROM OFFERUP, LETGO AND PERSONAL SHOPPING IN ATLANTA / Buy Cheap And Quality Home Theatre Systems And Sound Bars In Lagos / MTN 1gb Now N350, 10gb = N2900 - WhatsApp: 08092002503

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.