Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Toyota Matrix Starting Issues - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Matrix Starting Issues (6700 Views)

Please HELP Needed For My Car- Starting Issues!!!! / 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry / Toyota Matrix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Matrix Starting Issues by phnibeogu: 10:10pm On Jul 14, 2015
my Toyota matrix sometimes won't start. the ignition will turn on. but no sound or kick.. it can decide to do this for days of minutes and later start.. really need help
Re: Toyota Matrix Starting Issues by feldido(m): 10:13pm On Jul 14, 2015
Is there a security installed?
Re: Toyota Matrix Starting Issues by phnibeogu: 10:31pm On Jul 14, 2015
feldido:
Is there a security installed?

yea. but that happened before it got installed... and afterwards... what do u think is the problem??
Re: Toyota Matrix Starting Issues by feldido(m): 10:35pm On Jul 14, 2015
phnibeogu:

yea. but that happened before it got installed... and afterwards... what do u think is the problem??
It might be a security problem, does it crank?
Does the fan roll?
Re: Toyota Matrix Starting Issues by phnibeogu: 10:37pm On Jul 14, 2015
nope. smooth when it starts ... and never stops... but if u switch off and maybe try to start.. it won't make a sound...meanwhile everything works at the same time.. ac radio. lights... just the engine won't kick. or make a sound
Re: Toyota Matrix Starting Issues by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:30am On Jul 15, 2015
phnibeogu:
nope. smooth when it starts ... and never stops... but if u switch off and maybe try to start.. it won't make a sound...meanwhile everything works at the same time.. ac radio. lights... just the engine won't kick. or make a sound

Any of these could be faulty.

Ignition key
Park neutral switch
Starting relay
Starter motor
Harness problem.

If you are good at DIY contact me B4 9am and I'll help you pinpoint the problem.

If you are in lagos and are not ready for the trouble just bring it over for a fix.

Gazzuzz
Re: Toyota Matrix Starting Issues by phnibeogu: 11:36am On Jul 15, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Any of these could be faulty.

Ignition key
Park neutral switch
Starting relay
Starter motor
Harness problem.

thanks bro, am in enugu... not close, but will try to get it scanned this weekend.. thanks again

If you are good at DIY contact me B4 9am and I'll help you pinpoint the problem.

If you are in lagos and are not ready for the trouble just bring it over for a fix.

Gazzuzz
Re: Toyota Matrix Starting Issues by phnibeogu: 11:43am On Jul 15, 2015
[quote author=phnibeogu post=35885208][/quote]

thanks,am in enugu, would try to get it scanned this weekend, thnks again
Re: Toyota Matrix Starting Issues by Itulah(m): 3:03pm On Jul 15, 2015
phnibeogu:
my Toyota matrix sometimes won't start. the ignition will turn on. but no sound or kick.. it can decide to do this for days of minutes and later start.. really need help

Your only problem is the "Starter Moto" on top of the Kick Starter.
Have a re-wirer bring the Kick Starter down and have the "Brush" in the Moto change.
#3,000 will do this job with workmanship inclusive.
Do not go about tampering with other component be warn!!!

*Note: If you are in doubt, get a single cable, power ON the ignition, locate the "Kick Starter Moto" behind the Radiator close to the cooling fan, put one end of the cable on the positive on the "Starter Moto" and touch the positive+ of your battery head with the other end of the cable. Your vehicle should crank and start.
Re: Toyota Matrix Starting Issues by phnibeogu: 5:59pm On Jul 15, 2015
Itulah:

Have a re-wirer bring the Kick Starter down and have the "Brush" in the Moto change.

*Note: If you are in doubt, get a single cable, power ON the ignition, locate the "Kick Starter Moto" behind the Radiator close to the cooling fan, put one end of the cable on the positive on the "Starter Moto" and touch the positive+ of your battery head with the other end of the cable. Your vehicle should crank and start.

thnx. won't a scan see this?? cos I really want to get to the root of this
Re: Toyota Matrix Starting Issues by Itulah(m): 6:31pm On Jul 15, 2015
phnibeogu:

thnx. won't a scan see this?? cos I really want to get to the root of this

You don't need any form of scanning. Start the vehicle with the wired procedures I explained above and drive it straight to your re-wire technician.
Re: Toyota Matrix Starting Issues by phnibeogu: 1:30pm On Jul 16, 2015
[quote author=Itulah post=35899981]

You don't need any form of scanning. Start the vehicle with the wired procedures I explained above and drive it straight to your re-wire technician.[/quote

ok tnx will do
Re: Toyota Matrix Starting Issues by NumberOne2(m): 4:00pm On Jul 17, 2015
Itulah:

Totally agree. Once had a kick started replaced and had this problem. Turn key like 2 or 3 times before it starts. The initial turns made no sound at all (I first tought it was timing belt). I went back for another change and has been fine since.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Matrix Starting Issues by mosamosa01: 9:29am On Apr 20, 2022
Please am having same issue with same Toyota metrix please can you kindly explain what to do to fix this issues, I will hoping on your prompt respond thanks
Re: Toyota Matrix Starting Issues by vivalavida(m): 10:34am On Apr 21, 2022
mosamosa01:
Please am having same issue with same Toyota metrix please can you kindly explain what to do to fix this issues, I will hoping on your prompt respond thanks

There is a response up there. Read.

(1) (Reply)

American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. / A Month Old RX330 Stolen At Gun Point In Ekwulobia Anambra| How It Was Recovered / How Much Does It Cost To Clear A 40 Foot Container In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.