Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 (9084 Views)

Java Program To Solve Quadratic Equation-dealwap / Q-basic Program To Compute Simple Interest. / President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by rahdio: 7:21pm On Jul 16, 2015
proxy20:

your code be like geometry .

Hehe.
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by jacob05(m): 7:47pm On Jul 16, 2015
proxy20:

your code be like geometry .
Lolz
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 17, 2015
Seun:
Is anyone working on this? Thinking of shutting it down if no one is working on it, since there are concerns about legality.

Abeg oh! Why you no include .Net languages
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by asumo12: 8:02am On Jul 18, 2015
Any solution yet?
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 18, 2015
If there is no winner - then I shall claim the award. . . .
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by jacob05(m): 10:36am On Jul 18, 2015
asumo12:
Any solution yet?
dhtml18:
If there is no winner - then I shall claim the award. . . .
Check https://www.nairaland.com/2452831/program-sign-greek-finance-ministers/1#35930582
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 18, 2015
^^^I saw that, but have you been declared winner yet?
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by jacob05(m): 1:04pm On Jul 18, 2015
dhtml18:
^^^I saw that, but have you been declared winner yet?

Nope.. But your thoughts about my submission?
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Seun(m): 1:18pm On Jul 18, 2015
I'll announce the winner this afternoon. Apologies for the delay...

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 18, 2015
Seun:
I'll announce the winner this afternoon. Apologies for the delay...
Accepted. boys are salivating, especially the ones that did not write code. . .

jacob05:

Nope.. But your thoughts about my submission?
My comments are reserved. . . .and you can see that Seun has reserved his comments as well (I am following my master)
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 18, 2015
basbone:

Abeg oh! Why you no include .Net languages
wow! is it possible to write a program that can stimulate the signature in .net ; That one is too advance .
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by jacob05(m): 5:03pm On Jul 18, 2015
Trying Java...

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by jacob05(m): 5:33pm On Jul 18, 2015
Trying Java grin

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 18, 2015
This dude. . . . . . . . . . .you just wanna eat this 10k sha?
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by jacob05(m): 6:18pm On Jul 18, 2015
dhtml18:
This dude. . . . . . . . . . .you just wanna eat this 10k sha?
Lolz... Boss na so ooo.. Not for the money though but the fun... But love when it comes with money ... It's like being paid for learning or enjoying something you love doing..kinda cool. wink grin
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Seun(m): 6:29pm On Jul 18, 2015
jacob05:
"My Solution" grin grin grin cool cool cool... File Attached ... (Jacob05.zip)

Cc: Seun for your review
Good attempt, but you got three things wrong:
1) The animation looks like someone drawing a short lines in quick succession rather than actually drawing smooth curves with a pen.
2) There is no anti-aliasing. All pixels are either black or white. Anti-aliasing makes lines and curves smoother by adding shades of grey.
3) You didn't maintain the proper aspect ratio for the signature. Depending on user input, the output can be too fat or too skinny (pics).

2 Shares

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Seun(m): 6:46pm On Jul 18, 2015
rahdio:
An attempt. Got lazy towards the end. Where Seun?? Winner don show na. grin
jacob05, congrats.. wink
Interesting entry, but:
1) The animation is better than jacob05's, but it looks like someone using a pen to draw straight lines connected to each other, not curves.
2) There is no anti-aliasing. All pixels are either black or grey. Anti-aliasing makes lines and curves smoother by adding shades of grey.
3) You maintained a constant aspect ratio regardless of the size of the box, but it is different from the aspect ratio of the original signature.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Seun(m): 6:48pm On Jul 18, 2015
I've decided to double the prize to encourage the contestants to improve their entries. The winner will get 20,000 naira (instead of 10k).

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by nollyj: 7:11pm On Jul 18, 2015
Interesting, when is the competition ending? Let me see if I can try my hands on it.
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by RobinHez(m): 8:13pm On Jul 18, 2015
Seun:
I've decided to double the prize to encourage the contestants to improve their entries. The winner will get 20,000 naira (instead of 10k).
i shouldnt have stopped my programming lecures cry cry cry
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 18, 2015
jacob05:
Lolz... Boss na so ooo.. Not for the money though but the fun... But love when it comes with money ... It's like being paid for learning or enjoying something you love doing..kinda cool. wink grin
You see, I actually spotted some of those things that Seun did, that was why I kept quiet and did not declare you as winner. But it was a good try sha. Somehow, I get the odd feeling that JavaScript by itself cannot really give you the necessary precision you require for this kind of task.
I will be thinking more along the lines of Flash with Actionscript (it can easily draw anti-aliased curves you know), or Node Webkit (if we are still talking JavaScript).

But I am keeping my mouth shut, as I do not have time to actually code for the quiz - i should not give away "how i might have tackled it" - since I am just an external observer here. . . .

Disclaimer: It is possible that I am drunk and my tips are actually wrong. So use my tips at your risk. If you use them and fail the quiz, dont blame me o but if you use them and win the quiz, you must divide the spoils with me.
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by joseph1832(m): 8:17pm On Jul 18, 2015
Seun:
Can't you make it 50,000 Naira? That amount will even motivate many to renounce their religion. grin

2 Likes

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 18, 2015
joseph1832:
Can't you make it 50,000 Naira? That amount will even motivate many to renounce their religion. grin
If he does that, I shall submit like 10 entries in 10 different programming languages and wont even go to church tomorrow sef to ensure that I win. So that by Monday morning when I have been declared winner (first runner up, second and third runner up) i will be dancing SHAKITI BOBO!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by joseph1832(m): 9:41pm On Jul 18, 2015
dhtml18:

If he does that, I shall submit like 10 entries in 10 different programming languages and wont even go to church tomorrow sef to ensure that I win. So that by Monday morning when I have been declared winner (first runner up, second and third runner up) i will be dancing SHAKITI BOBO!
Lol.

1 Like

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by jacob05(m): 9:44pm On Jul 18, 2015
dhtml18:

hmmmm.you're mouthed..
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by jacob05(m): 9:48pm On Jul 18, 2015
Seun:

Good attempt, but you got three things wrong:
1) The animation looks like someone drawing a short lines in quick succession rather than actually drawing smooth curves with a pen.
2) There is no anti-aliasing. All pixels are either black or white. Anti-aliasing makes lines and curves smoother by adding shades of grey.
3) You didn't maintain the proper aspect ratio for the signature. Depending on user input, the output can be too fat or too skinny (pics).
very well noted... Some of the points I observed myself before posting... My Version 2 would fix them.... Would be posting 2 entries... One in Java and Second in Javascript.,Allowed It's been fun sha.
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 18, 2015
Seun:
the Winer of what?
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Nairalander01: 11:42pm On Jul 18, 2015
dhtml18:

Judas isdhtml18 grin
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jul 18, 2015
dhtml18 aka Shakiti Bobo!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Programming Languages Do I Need To Design A Site Like Nairaland? / Which Phone Will You Recommend For A Programmer? / The Travails Of Junior Developers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.