Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,343 members, 7,811,992 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 (9087 Views)

Java Program To Solve Quadratic Equation-dealwap / Q-basic Program To Compute Simple Interest. / President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Seun(m): 7:49am On Jul 19, 2015
basbone:
Abeg oh! Why you no include .Net languages
Included.
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by RobinHez(m): 7:57am On Jul 19, 2015
Seun:

Included.
Why not move to FrontPage...there could be other programmers not aware of this..
#justsaying
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by bomsy1(m): 2:50pm On Jul 19, 2015
Happy to participate...... smiley
my copy has been attached for your scrutiny.. grin

1 Like

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 19, 2015
Na wa o, me sef don start to dey code my own o.
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by jacob05(m): 4:11pm On Jul 19, 2015
Version 2 released
Seun:

Good attempt, but you got three things wrong:
1) The animation looks like someone drawing a short lines in quick succession rather than actually drawing smooth curves with a pen. FIXED
2) There is no anti-aliasing. All pixels are either black or white. Anti-aliasing makes lines and curves smoother by adding shades of grey. FIXED
3) You didn't maintain the proper aspect ratio for the signature. Depending on user input, the output can be too fat or too skinny (pics). FIXED
FIxed necessary issues (I think undecided)..

Cc: Seun for your review
Updated: 5:53pm

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Nmeri17: 7:11pm On Jul 19, 2015
dhtml18:

If he does that, I shall submit like 10 entries in 10 different programming languages and wont even go to church tomorrow sef to ensure that I win. So that by Monday morning when I have been declared winner (first runner up, second and third runner up) i will be dancing SHAKITI BOBO!
grin grin
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by GoodBoi1(m): 7:49pm On Jul 19, 2015
I think there should be a deadline for the submission of entries so more people can participate. #justsaying
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by rahdio: 9:06pm On Jul 19, 2015
Bad-ass entries. cheesy
I'll post mine too. Not to win. For educational purposes. grin grin
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Seun(m): 9:54pm On Jul 19, 2015
I have found the winner!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by nollyj: 10:21pm On Jul 19, 2015
Seun:
I have found the winner!

So it has ended or is there room for more entry?
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Nobody: 1:35am On Jul 20, 2015
nollyj:

So it has ended or is there room for more entry?
Hahahahaha, fantastic - so someone has started dancing shakiti bobo already be that
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Craigston: 3:03am On Jul 20, 2015
Jacob05, I like what you did. I hope one day I'll be so skilled to enjoy such contests. It's really fun if only you have an idea.

1 Like

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Nobody: 3:55am On Jul 20, 2015
So Seun who is the official winner?
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Seun(m): 12:49pm On Jul 20, 2015
jacob05:
Version 2 released

FIxed necessary issues (I think undecided)..

Cc: Seun for your review
Updated: 5:53pm
This is certainly an improvement though not perfect. Alas, it came too late. Kudos to you for the admirable effort. It's the 2nd best entry!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Seun(m): 12:58pm On Jul 20, 2015
bomsy1:
Happy to participate...... smiley
my copy has been attached for your scrutiny.. grin
Congratulations, you won! Fantastic entry! Can you explain how it works? I've sent you a PM about how to claim your prize.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 20, 2015
Santa maria! SVG is also another thing that would have solved it quite easily especially with the anti-aliasing!
Okay, great job guys. Seun I assumed you have now unbanned me. . . .at least I participated in the thread despite not winning award

CELEBRATION TIME GUYS! WHERE IS THE DJ MAKE WE DANCE SHAKITI BOBO!
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by bomsy1(m): 1:33pm On Jul 20, 2015
Seun:
Congratulations, you won! Fantastic entry! Can you explain how it works? I've sent you a PM about how to claim your prize.

Hi, Mr. Seun, thanks a lot, I have replied your message
Well, in summary...
I used a vector editor (Inkscape) to trace out the original image to obtain and generate an SVG file that contained the path i needed,
then, the magic was in the 'strokeDashoffset' style attr of the 'path' tag( in actual sense, this offsets the 'strokeDasharray' attr). When this attr equals the total length of the path string, the image is invisible, but while it decreases and tends to zero, the image is drawn... So the aim was to animate the gradual decrease of this attr.. smiley

I hope I managed to explain it... I might give a tutorial on it if you guys permit me..
Oh.. BTW.. I used Javascript.
Thanks once again.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by jacob05(m): 2:36pm On Jul 20, 2015
bomsy1:

Well, in summary...
I used a vector editor (Inkscape) to trace out the original image to obtain and generate an SVG file that contained the path i needed,
then, the magic was in the 'strokeDashoffset' style attr of the 'path' tag( in actual sense, this offsets the 'strokeDasharray' attr). When this attr equals the total length of the path string, the image is invisible, but while it decreases and tends to zero, the image is drawn... So the aim was to animate the gradual decrease of this attr.. smiley

I hope I managed to explain it... I might give a tutorial on it if you guys permit me..
Thanks once again.

Wow, congrats... It's funny how simple the whole thing was to achieve... Nice... It's been fun participating and learnt some stuffs too. cool wink
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Nobody: 3:18am On Jul 24, 2015
bomsy1:

Well, in summary...

Thanks once again.

Wow congrats. I also have fascination for programming but I dont just have the time, so painful.
Re: Program To Sign The Greek Finance Minister's Signature - Contest For ₦20,000 by Trippledots(m): 9:48pm On Aug 12, 2015
Nice one seun. 'Giving back' is an attribute of really successful people. Weldone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Programming Languages Do I Need To Design A Site Like Nairaland? / Which Phone Will You Recommend For A Programmer? / The Travails Of Junior Developers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.