Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,064 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage (76027 Views)

Compel Osinbajo-led FEC To Declare Buhari Unfit, Court Told / Senate Gives Osinbajo 3 Conditions To Accept Magu / It's Wrong For Mikel, Siasia To Accept $390,000 Gift - Senator Ogba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Efremszlek(m): 7:47am On Jul 16, 2015
I don't no oo my brother
Olofintoto:
na by force?

1 Like

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Olofintoto(m): 7:54am On Jul 16, 2015
Efremszlek:
I don't no oo my brother
no mind d US.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 16, 2015
sweetgala:

The supreme Court was the body that actually imposed the gay right judgement on all states in the US.

There was no legislative oversight

That's my point. Primitive people kept pointing accusing finger on President Obama as if he is the one who solely did it. Bunch of educated illiterate are just so much in this generation
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by akbahbah(m): 8:59am On Jul 16, 2015
I so much trust PMB on this. He will not even avail himsef to b part of such talks n anyone that raises it including Obama shud be ready to see Fulani anger. Thank God no ebele dis again.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Dragonking: 9:02am On Jul 16, 2015
akbahbah:
I so much trust PMB on this. He will not even avail himsef to b part of such talks n anyone that raises it including Obama shud be ready to see Fulani anger. Thank God no ebele dis again.

What are you saying? Was it not GEJ that refused america pleas of homosexuality? Is it not GEJ that imposed 14years imprisonment for them? Your hatred for GEJ is disgusting. I won't be surprised if PMB accepts america offer of homosexuality.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Madeb: 9:10am On Jul 16, 2015
We re stil praying 2 GOD 2 4gve all our trespasses nd bring back our lost glory, we shouldnt add another curse 2 our land by practising same sex. Devil is a liar
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by evtrade: 9:22am On Jul 16, 2015
aaronson:
Tell me something,Through your days in school,was there a curriculum for sexual education except the reproduction topic you leart in biology, Is there any school in the world where they teach how to be gay? How can you relate education to sexual orientation and still think you being intelligent thinking straight? C'mon man Think clear and think smart,if your dumb god never saw the reason for gay existence he wouldn't make them come into the world,I feel like am as dumb as you already for you making me to believe god creation while in the real sense,I'm a product of science and a symbol of co-existense. Funk Your god.

If you must know its now in the US curriculum...even for kindergaten schools. The formative years of any child has a lot to do with how the child will turn out. If a child is being taught that gay relationships are okay and this same child happens to be adopted by a gay couple the probability of the child becoming gay is higher.
By the way, what is the point of insulting. Having a different view gives you no right to refer to another as dumb. Have some respect.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by jbcul4ril(m): 9:56am On Jul 16, 2015
We will not accept this
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by simdam500(m): 10:05am On Jul 16, 2015
xammyx:
The anus is naturally designed to hold in feces. The anus is surrounded with a ring-like muscle, called the anal sphincter, which tightens when we are not defecating. Repetitive penetration may lead to weakening of the anal muscle, making it difficult to hold in feces when you are hard pressed, especially when you are passing watery stool. You would have noticed the increasing presence of adult diapers on super markets shelves. Apart from some sick people and senior citizens, people whose anus malfunction as a result of repeated penetration use adult diapers to prevent feces leakage getting to their clothes. - See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/anal-penetration/#sthash.wh8CX3d5.dpuf
Thanks
Even with this little article I guess it should discourage everyone of us from this silly attitude.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by sweetgala(m): 10:13am On Jul 16, 2015
Stelvin101:

That's my point. Primitive people kept pointing accusing finger on President Obama as if he is the one who solely did it. Bunch of educated illiterate are just so much in this generation

Obama is the source of the matte, it was him knowing he would not be able to influence the legislature both federal and all states to support LGBT marriage that sensitized the supreme Court a handful of judges mostly liberal in nature to pass both the obamacare and LGBT marriage as a federal directive into law.

You need to realise what the supreme Court had been used to do by presidents in the past, it is a kind of veto power is a president is so favoured by them, they have been used to force desegregation of the south, secure voting rights for women, etc

Obama should take the flack for this, he knew when to do it toward the end of his second term, this is a guy who verbally said "marriage is an institution between a man and a woman" when campaigning for president the first term , and went full 360. Obama is an ordinary president by all measurements, no better than bush. He has managed to destabilize world peace by using the CIA to instigate the arab spring, see what we normw have in Syria and Libya , Egypt. Drone strikes and NSA issues are worse , CIA have more power to kill as they wish without legislative permission
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by efficiencie(m): 10:19am On Jul 16, 2015
HungerBAD:
The first time i saw two men kissing was in London, specifically at the St James's Park on a cool summer day many years ago. I still remember the shock and revulsion i felt.

I stood transfixed, staring at them for about 5 Minutes and was just turning my head around like AM I THE ONLY ONE SEEING this,and then it hit me, i was no longer in Africa and even if i had been living in the US, i was yet to see two men kiss. It was a cultural shock for me to see two men make out.

I hated gays.

Then one day in Church, at a bible study. Somebody asked the pastor that if the Church preaches a lot of things about repentance and acceptance,why then do they still find it hard to accept gays?the pastor's reply was an eye opener.

And then it hit me. Why do i exactly hate gays?they don't bother me, they sleep with each other,they marry each other,they pay their own bills,i don't even know them.

As i grow older, i have learned to be very tolerant of others. I have also learned to mind my business with how others handle their lives, that is why i do not judge married women/men when they cheat in their marriages, i am not in their marriage so don't know what lead to the infidelity.

While i do have my personal reservation about the gay thing, i have come to accept the fact that my feelings will not stop people from being gays, or stop them from loving each other. i have also come to accept the fact that no matter what, there will be others that will have sexual orientation that is different from mine.

In Nigeria, there have been instances where men have been caught making love to goats and chickens. Nairaland even carried some of those pictures.

So what am i saying?people should let other people live their lives the way they deem it fit. what you cannot correct, leave alone.

***Modified***

So i wrote this on the last page, but feel i should add it here too.

Did not know my harmless comments will ignite a firestorm, literally.

No i am not gay, neither am i advocating for gay rights.

So, i took the time to read all the comments here, plus the insults and all, and i find them to be very entertaining.

I am also very appreciative of the mature replies by some, even if they disagree with my views. We all cannot have the same views about things in life, and for the fact that you don't see things my way,or i your way , does not necessarily need for it to get to name callings, insults and the rest.

I have a right to my views. I am a grown man,and my views is with the school of thought that the GAY people should be left alone. If they are not bothering you, they are not a threat to your being, did not steal from you, did not come to you for any kind of relationship, do not have any contact with you in any way.

THEN LEAVE THEM ALONE.

My last page on this topic.

So what we can't correct shld be left alone...well we'll leave rape, robbery, incest, paedophilia, drug abuse n domestic violence alone since all societies have been trying to solve these problems using legislation, religion, education and many other institutional methods TO NO AVAIL...so let the evil go on unabated afterall we can't stop it...

What a philosophy! A doctrine of nihilism, chaos and anarchy!!!

2 Likes

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by chipet67(m): 10:36am On Jul 16, 2015
[quote author=Maintech post=35890857]If it was Jonathan i would have said maybe but with Sai Baba... you better have another thought coming because with his Islamic background that is a no-go area. He wont even seat across the table to have such a dirty, inhumane, dehumanizing, adulterous, morally-depraving, ignominious, sadistic, devilish, barbaric, demonic, and gory discussion with anyone including Obama, the killer of Osama.... I am even more afraid because its buhari
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by anssy(f): 11:12am On Jul 16, 2015
kennygee:

What does your bible tell u about it?

the same thing it said about homosexuals
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Mykelpato(m): 11:31am On Jul 16, 2015
grin grin The change you have been chanting for is here... Take it as you see it.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by badlaw(f): 11:52am On Jul 16, 2015
I think people should mind they business for real so the world will be a better place for human kin. I am not a gay/lesbian and cannot support it non accept it, but I must advise it should be done completely in secret in other not to affect other people's life.that means d govt most not say anything about it,they should not even behave as if there is any word like gay,lesbian etc, for it is a taboo to the ear.

1 Like

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 16, 2015
evtrade:

If you must know its now in the US curriculum...even for kindergaten schools. The formative years of any child has a lot to do with how the child will turn out. If a child is being taught that gay relationships are okay and this same child happens to be adopted by a gay couple the probability of the child becoming gay is higher.
By the way, what is the point of insulting. Having a different view gives you no right to refer to another as dumb. Have some respect.
You know minuscule or nothing of what you talking about because,the US just legalized same sex marriage about two weeks ago and since two weeks ago till now,how come its now added in the US curriculum and how is it possible for the kindergarten class to understand sexual orientation in their anal stage of pre school...who is feeding you lies and myth? Time to change your teacher/lecturer because all your postulations are falsified.

Driving in home,Since sexual orientation isn't in the Nigeria scheme of work for student that means being gay is some social issue learnt in the intricate web of socialization and sometimes could be as a result of self expression sexually prior to personal mental orientation and that's why its called sexual orientation,Gays are as human as you but different view of sexual life prior to personal sexual orientation however the Bi-sexual are those they refer to as bi curious because they are aware of different sexual orientation and curious to wanna explore.Boils down to self expression and if you too cultured/religious to see the world from different people point of view then where's is the empathy in you and what's is the essence of your education?
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by msogunro: 4:21pm On Jul 16, 2015
If a homosexual offered you a good paying office job, all of you would take it and attend his/her wedding in support.

Stop fooling yourselves. Get with the times and stop thinking like neanderthals.

2 Likes

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 16, 2015
msogunro:
If a homosexual offered you a good paying office job, all of you would take it and attend his/her wedding in support.

Stop fooling yourselves. Get with the times and stop thinking like neanderthals.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by winner01(m): 5:18pm On Jul 16, 2015
kevinberry:
that will only happen if polygamy is legalise in america,after all we have to be tolerant of each other sex life and wishes
not only polygamy, incest, necrophilia and beastiality sgmhould be legalized
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by brainiac007: 7:18pm On Jul 16, 2015
emperorchedda:
I'm sorry how will they affect that boy or girl in your neighbourhood??

If that little kid grows to be an adult he will decide on which sexuality to belong to. By then he will have known the advantages and disadvantages of both and will understand his fantasies and what he wants, with this he can choose to become or straight.

No one on the street will force him to be anything he doesn't want to become

So because a kid sees gays, likes them, you his parent will now force him to become what he doesn't want to be?? Mind you he sees straight people as much as he see homosexuals..so the choice is his or hers!

Haa...Now, I understand. So, the world view is this bad? I really have a lot of work to do protecting the next generation from this debt of decay in morals in our society.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by lawaldoski(m): 10:12pm On Jul 16, 2015
emperorchedda:
I'm sorry how will they affect that boy or girl in your neighbourhood??

If that little kid grows to be an adult he will decide on which sexuality to belong to. By then he will have known the advantages and disadvantages of both and will understand his fantasies and what he wants, with this he can choose to become or straight.

No one on the street will force him to be anything he doesn't want to become

So because a kid sees gays, likes them, you his parent will now force him to become what he doesn't want to be?? Mind you he sees straight people as much as he see homosexuals..so the choice is his or hers!
den it nt bad if i ask for ur sons hand in marriage nd my sister ur daughters. Nd i hope u wl sit in church during d conjugal nd u wl gladly invyt people to ceremony.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by lawaldoski(m): 10:16pm On Jul 16, 2015
emperorchedda:
not everyone believes in religious doctrines bro. Women weren't made for sexual pleasure. The vagina also has various uses like child birth.

They weren't made just for dickks.
Can Eve be impregnated by Eve. Hand can Adam be impregnated.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by emperorchedda(m): 6:51am On Jul 17, 2015
lawaldoski:

den it nt bad if i ask for ur sons hand in marriage nd my sister ur daughters. Nd i hope u wl sit in church during d conjugal nd u wl gladly invyt people to ceremony.
Yea it's not bad. And i'll definitely attend the wedding so far they willingly accept your proposal
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by laudate: 9:28am On Jul 17, 2015
msogunro:

God forbid! It is like saying that if an armed robber or fraudster offers you a job, you would take it and kiss his a.ss?? shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by davien(m): 7:34pm On Jul 17, 2015
Boko haram: Western education is a sin,and we will kill and imprison/enslave all who vouch for it

Nigeria: Homosexuality is a sin of the western world and we will kill and imprison anyone involved

One is referred to as a terrorist group and the other is referred to as a democratic country... undecided

1 Like

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by alphalpha(m): 8:06pm On Jul 17, 2015
Stelvin101:

how many mention David Mark or Alhaji Tambuwal when talking about the good or ills of the last government?
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by alphalpha(m): 8:06pm On Jul 17, 2015
aaronson:
You know minuscule or nothing of what you talking about because,the US just legalized same sex marriage about two weeks ago and since two weeks ago till now,how come its now added in the US curriculum and how is it possible for the kindergarten class to understand sexual orientation in their anal stage of pre school...who is feeding you lies and myth? Time to change your teacher/lecturer because all your postulations are falsified.

Driving in home,Since sexual orientation isn't in the Nigeria scheme of work for student that means being gay is some social issue learnt in the intricate web of socialization and sometimes could be as a result of self expression sexually prior to personal mental orientation and that's why its called sexual orientation,Gays are as human as you but different view of sexual life prior to personal sexual orientation however the Bi-sexual are those they refer to as bi curious because they are aware of different sexual orientation and curious to wanna explore.Boils down to self expression and if you too cultured/religious to see the world from different people point of view then where's is the empathy in you and what's is the essence of your education?

I saw it in the news o. it's true, at least in one school
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by alphalpha(m): 8:12pm On Jul 17, 2015
davien:
Boko haram: Western education is a sin,and we will kill and imprison/enslave all who vouch for it

Nigeria: Homosexuality is a sin of the western world and we will kill and imprison anyone involved

One is referred to as a terrorist group and the other is referred to as a democratic country... undecided

but imprisoning and killing drug abusers, inbreeders isn't against human rights abi?
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by davien(m): 8:13pm On Jul 17, 2015
alphalpha:

but imprisoning and killing drug abusers, inbreeders isn't against human rights abi?
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by alphalpha(m): 8:21pm On Jul 17, 2015
davien:
you questioned the democracy of Nigeria because of laws against homosexualism
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by davien(m): 8:25pm On Jul 17, 2015
alphalpha:

you questioned the democracy of Nigeria because of laws against homosexualism
homosexualism
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 17, 2015
alphalpha:

I saw it in the news o. it's true, at least in one school
What news station? What was the source of the news broadcast? What's the name of the school? What state/city is it located in? Provide me with those answers so I make my research on it because I keep tab on daily news headlines and have never seen such.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Judges Order Peter Obi’s Legal Team To Go Home / Nana Akufo-Addo Statue By Rochas Okorocha In Imo. Nigerians React (Photo) / Akemokue Lukman Funny Resignation Letter From An APC Ward Chairman In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.