Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,030 members, 7,814,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage (76007 Views)

Compel Osinbajo-led FEC To Declare Buhari Unfit, Court Told / Senate Gives Osinbajo 3 Conditions To Accept Magu / It's Wrong For Mikel, Siasia To Accept $390,000 Gift - Senator Ogba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 15, 2015
Good move by the US. If Nigeria desperately need aids, they should go to Russia. I'm sure Russia will grant them aids in a platter of gold. grin cheesy
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by ephi123(f): 6:44pm On Jul 15, 2015
aaronson:
same culture has made you backward and under developed in the league of the world nations...what do they call your country again? THIRD WORLD COUNTRY so think!

Yes, Nigeria can be referred to as under-developed, that doesn't change the fact that we have a right to decide what we want rather than be coerced into accepting what we don't.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by HungerBAD: 6:45pm On Jul 15, 2015
Did not know my harmless comments will ignite a firestorm, literally.

No i am not gay, neither am i advocating for gay rights.

So, i took the time to read all the comments here, plus the insults and all, and i find them to be very entertaining.

I am also very appreciative of the mature replies by some, even if they disagree with my views. We all cannot have the same views about things in life, and for the fact that you don't see things my way,or i your way , does not necessarily need for it to get to name callings, insults and the rest.

I have a right to my views. I am a grown man,and my views is with the school of thought that the GAY people should be left alone. If they are not bothering you, they are not a threat to your being, did not steal from you, did not come to you for any kind of relationship, do not have any contact with you in any way.

THEN LEAVE THEM ALONE.

My last page on this topic.

3 Likes

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by chinedujones(m): 6:46pm On Jul 15, 2015
you just killed it bro!! I just wonder why some people can't you mind their own business, why not ask GOD!!! Y hE CREATED GAYS, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD THEY DID NOT CREATE THEM SELFS, I ONCE HAD A GAY DOG, YEA I ONCE IT, AND WAS SHOCKED WHEN I DISCOVERED MY MALE DOG WAS GAY! WHAT WILL OF THAT, I RECALL A VERSE IN THE GOOD BOOK WHICH SAYS JUDGE NOT LESS YE NOT BE JUDGED.

2 Likes

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 15, 2015
ephi123:

Yes, Nigeria can be referred to as under-developed, that doesn't change the fact that we have a right to decide what we want rather than be coerced into accepting what we don't.
But why is it that most poor and struggling countries like we have in Africa, are where you see the most homophobic people in the world? Is there a llink between being homophobic and under development?
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 15, 2015
chinedujones:
you just killed it bro!! I just wonder why some people can't you mind their own business, why not ask GOD!!! Y hE CREATED GAYS, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD THEY DID NOT CREATE THEM SELFS, I ONCE HAD A GAY DOG, YEA I ONCE IT, AND WAS SHOCKED WHEN I DISCOVERED MY MALE DOG WAS GAY! WHAT WILL OF THAT, I RECALL A VERSE IN THE GOOD BOOK WHICH SAYS JUDGE NOT LESS YE NOT BE JUDGED.

Is It Right to Judge?
How many times have you heard someone whine, "Judge
not, that ye be not judged?" This verse of Scripture from
Matthew 7:1 is often quoted out of context by people who
are terrified at the idea of someone preaching against sin
or pointing out any form of error in anyone, especially in
themselves.
As I stood in a voting line one day I overheard a woman
justifying her foolish choice for president by saying, "Well,
we aren't supposed to judge." Imagine that! Choosing NOT
to judge a political candidate on election day! No wonder
our nation is in such a mess!
As for Matthew 7:1, the context (verses 1-5) allows judging
after you have first judged YOURSELF. Jesus did not make
a blanket statement against judgment. He simply pointed
out a RULE for judging.
Now, the word "judge" in its various forms (judgeth,
judging, judgment, judges, etc) is found over 700 times in
God's word. One whole book of the Bible is titled "Judges"
for it was written at a time when God raised up judges to
lead His people.
As we are about to see, God EXPECTS His people to judge.
In fact, you are sinning against God if you refuse to judge!
(Read that again, please)
God Expects Us to Judge
"The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his
tongue talketh of judgment." (Psa. 37:30) A righteous
person will talk of judgment. He will not REFUSE to judge.
He will talk judgment.
"Seek good, and not evil, that ye may live: and so the
LORD, the God of hosts, shall be with you, as ye have
spoken. Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish
judgment in the gate: it may be that the LORD God of hosts
will be gracious unto the remnant of Joseph." (Amos
5:14-15) How can you hate the evil and love the good if
you refuse to judge? You can't. You are SINNING when
you refuse to judge.
Our generation is well described in Isaiah 59:8: "The way of
peace they know not; and there is no judgment in their
goings: they have made them crooked paths: whosoever
goeth therein shall not know peace." People have refused
to judge, so there is no peace.
Paul said in I Corinthians 1:10 to ". . . be perfectly joined
together in the same mind and in the same judgment."
Why would Paul make such a statement if judging is
wrong? In I Corinthians 2:15 Paul says, "But he that is
spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no
man." Judging is not a sin; judging is a characteristic of
being a spiritual person! Satan has been lying to us, hoping
that we will NOT judge, because he knows that the right
kind of judgment PLEASES God and betters our lives and
Christian service.
Someone says, "But should we judge PEOPLE?" Yes, we
certainly should. Paul actually REBUKES the Corinthians
for NOT judging: "Dare any of you, having a matter against
another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the
saints? Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the
world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye
unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that
we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain
to this life? If then ye have judgments of things pertaining
to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in
the church. I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is
not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able
to judge between his brethren?" (I Cor. 6:1-5) If judging is
wrong, then Paul needs to confess and repent for
misleading these Christians! He clearly told them to
JUDGE PEOPLE.
If judging people is wrong, how can we obey Romans
16:17-18? II Corinthians 6:17? II Timothy 3:5-6? I John
4:1? Friend, if judging is wrong, then God has contradicted
Himself and His words cannot be trusted!
Notice Malachi 3:18: "Then shall ye return, and discern
between the righteous and the wicked, between him that
serveth God and him that serveth him not." WOW! Does
that sound like it is wrong to judge?
What about Revelation 2:2? " I know thy works, and thy
labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear
them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say
they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:"
Why would the Lord be pleased with these Christians if
judging was wrong? Is it not impossible to find someone a
"liar" without judging them?
If the Bible is clear about anything, it is clear about the
importance of judging on a regular basis in order to
properly serve and honor God. To ignore this fact is to
ignore all of the Scripture just presented and also the rest
of the Bible. God expects us to judge.
God's Rules for Judging
Now I do not wish to imply that we should spend all of our
time judging. Sometimes people judge when they have no
business doing so. In John 7:24 Jesus tells us to judge
RIGHTEOUS judgment. This can only be done by following
the rules that God has established in His word. Here follow
seven good rules from Scripture:
Judge Scripturally
Isaiah 8:20 says, "To the law and to the testimony: if they
speak not according to this word, it is because there is no
light in them." Our standard is God's word, not our
feelings, our traditions, or our opinions. Right and wrong
should always be determined by God's word.
Don't Judge When God's Word Is Silent
If God's word is silent about a subject, then you may not
have to judge at all. Don't rush to judgment on an issue
when the Bible says very little or is silent about it. Don't
make more of a matter than God makes of it. A good
example of this is found in Colossians 2:16: "Let no man
therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an
holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:" That
is, these are not subjects of great importance today, so
let's not make these great issues of judgment.
Pray for Good Judgement Ability
When Solomon received his kingdom he asked God to
"Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge
thy people, that I may discern between good and bad: for
who is able to judge this thy so great a people?" (I Kings
3:9) James 1:5 says, "If any of you lack wisdom, let him
ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth
not; and it shall be given him." We should pray for good
judgment ability.
Don't Respect Persons
Proverbs 24:23 says, "These things also belong to the
wise. It is not good to have respect of persons in
judgment." Treat all parties fairly without favoring anyone,
such as family members or friends. A truly fair judge is
blind and deaf to any outer influence. (Isa. 42:1, 19-21)
Judge in Truth
Do not judge another when you do not have all the relevant
facts. Jeremiah 5:1 says, "Run ye to and fro through the
streets of Jerusalem, and see now, and know, and seek in
the broad places thereof, if ye can find a man, if there be
any that executeth judgment, that seeketh the truth; and I
will pardon it." A true judge is one who seeks the truth. If
you must judge, be sure and get all the facts. A Japanese
proverb says to "search seven times before you judge."
Judge Mercifully
Remember the words of Jesus in Matthew 7:2: "For with
what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what
measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again."
You'll reap what you sow (Gal. 6:7-cool. If you are swift and
harsh in judging others, then God will see to it that you
receive the same from others. Has God not been very
merciful to you, even though you deserved it not?
Likewise, you should exercise mercy toward others.
Don't Forget to Judge Yourself
I Corinthians 11:30-31: "For this cause many are weak and
sickly among you, and many sleep. For if we would judge
ourselves, we should not be judged." If you are a true
Christian, then you belong to God. You are God's child. If
you refuse to judge and improve yourself as a child of God,
then God will take it upon Himself to judge you. Many of
the troubles that we face in life are nothing more than
God's way of judging us since we often neglect to judge
ourselves.
Wouldn't it be amazing if every Christian actually took time
to judge themselves before judging anyone else? In
Matthew 7:4-5, Jesus says, " Or how wilt thou say to thy
brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and,
behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first
cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt
thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's
eye." A good judge will not fail to judge himself.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 15, 2015
HungerBAD:

So, i took the time to read all the comments here, plus the insults and all, and i find them to be very entertaining.

I am also very appreciative of the mature replies by some, even if they disagree with my views. We all cannot have the same views about things in life, and for the fact that you don't see things my way,or i your way , does not necessarily need for it to get to name callings, insults and the rest.

I have a right to my views. I am a grown man,and my views is with the school of thought that the GAY people should be left alone. If they are not bothering you, they are not a threat to your being, did not steal from you, did not come to you for any kind of relationship, do not have any contact with you in any way.

THEN LEAVE THEM ALONE.

Simple and short!
Why would people continue to blast their heads on things that cannot affect them in any way imaginable.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 15, 2015
Ollymurs:
A sensible reasoning to a delicate matter, you nibbed it right at the bud. We all have our personal opinions about people with a different sexual orientation to the norm, in this case it depends on what you define as the norm. No one made anyone a judge of others. People who condemn them and are always eager to incite hate, ask yourselfs what exactly have they done to you? Me, nothing!!!

Are you a fan of Olly Murs?I'm a huge fan. Lol

True comment, btw
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by SuzieeDee(f): 6:51pm On Jul 15, 2015
kennygee:
The devil is a liar.
Not in Nigeria
God will not allow it.
If the Americans have sold themselves to the devil, we have not.
And we will never
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by tucker12(m): 6:53pm On Jul 15, 2015
The Lord rebuke the voice speaking from America!!!! Nigeria will not accept such evil as a national culture.... Nigeria's sovereign right on Gay issue has been made clear...Its a NO!! We do not accept such act/plea/or pressure. Furthermore as a sovereign nation we have will not compromise or embrace a failed culture...
I also desire that NBC will step on their actions and monitoring process in ensuring movies, TV series, and programs broadcasts which promote homosexual act is sanctioned from the airing on our air waves or better still such areas must be edited or deleted. Its time we clear our media should also stop encouraging such viewing. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by ephi123(f): 6:53pm On Jul 15, 2015
Johnpaul88:
But why is it that most poor and struggling countries like we have in Africa, are where you see the most homophobic people in the world? Is there a llink between being homophobic and under development?

Remember that the Western countries only started this "turnaround" some years ago. Homosexuality was a crime in Britain until 1967 and Britain was certainly well developed at that point so I don't necessarily see a link between a country being homophobic and underdeveloped.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Bakrabas: 6:55pm On Jul 15, 2015
HungerBAD:
No i am not gay, neither am i advocating for gay rights.So, i took the time to read all the comments here, plus the insults and all, and i find them to be very entertaining.

If you cannot against them definately you are part of dem.you lack biblical-quranical wisdom.

2 Likes

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 15, 2015
ephi123:

Remember that the Western countries only started this "turnaround" some years ago. Homosexuality was a crime in Britain until 1967 and Britain was certainly well developed at that point so I don't necessarily see a link between a country being homophobic and underdeveloped.
Lol! You have even made alot of researches on the topic. But how can legalising gay in Nigeria affect you as a person except you might be inundated by 'eyesores' of seeing two male or female holding hands?
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by twosquare(m): 6:59pm On Jul 15, 2015
ephi123:

no mind the guy, what is development really? Is it allowing corrosive and satanic culture into our midst? For all I care, US is already in the dark ages and plunging further into darkness...development is beyond good roads, light and all of that....sodom was once a developed world in its time but God sees sodom as an abominable thing. What God calls development is what i will call development; not what men calls development.

1 Like

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Kedro(m): 6:59pm On Jul 15, 2015
I am okay with any type of marriage that does not involve ME. undecided
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by CzarChris(m): 7:01pm On Jul 15, 2015
I knew that this was the reason the US fought tooth and nail to remove GEJ from government.
But this there blackmail won't work, even if PMB is a puppet to the Americans, we Nigerians would cut those strings.

I HATE GAYS!!!

Gays are a bunch of disgusting animals that should be thrown to the sharks in the Atlantic.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by youngice(m): 7:03pm On Jul 15, 2015
yorubadelta:
Why don't they "compel" Nigeria to fix it's economy, electricity and bad roads? No, they would ignore those key problems but fight vehemently for the legalization of rubbish.
These are truly the end times.
Awon Oniranu angry
I will marry you and give you my g-wagon

3 Likes

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by yaskarahyelhope(f): 7:05pm On Jul 15, 2015
Oh Lord my Father, You said do not let a witch to live. I decree that d day this will be set aside, may they sleep and never wake up. Let there be a mistake on their part to promote Nigeria. Father if its to kill, kill. If its to destroy, destroy. If its to unseat, unseat by fire by force. No evil even by d Americans or whosoever against Nigerians and Africa will prevail in Jesus Mighty name.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaameeeeeeeeeeeeeen Na aha Jisos, Jesu Oluwawa, acikin sun an Yesu!!!!!!!!
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 15, 2015
CzarChris:
I knew that this was the reason the US fought tooth and nail to remove GEJ from government.
But this there blackmail won't work, even if PMB is a puppet to the Americans, we Nigerians would cut those strings.

I HATE GAYS!!!

Gays are a bunch of disgusting animals that should be thrown to the sharks in the Atlantic.
If it does happen that gay marriage is legalised in Nigeria, all you can do is to protest for a day or two and then you'll begin to wonder you hadn't anything better to do. So save yourself these rhetorics!
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by youngice(m): 7:11pm On Jul 15, 2015
xdos:
So also Necrophilias should be let alone afterall they only do it to dead people... Paedophiles should also be allowed cos they only do it to kids or kleptomaniacs should be allowed because it is in their nature to steal...
My problem isnt even giving them their rights or whatever but the after effect of giving them that... The church will suffer persecution.. People who do not accept it will be made to suffer.. Take a leaf from what is happening in the US right now.. People are resigning from their jobs.. People are made to pay heavy fines because they refused to do things against their beliefs... Trust me this is not about giving them their rights.. It is about giving them 'All rights'...
Your understanding is superior

1 Like

Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by EbolaParasite: 7:15pm On Jul 15, 2015
emperorchedda:
now sex with is illegal because THE KID ISN'T MATURE/OLD ENOUGH TO MAKE HIS/HER OWN DECISION. At the age of 18 everyone is old enough to choose what he or she wants, if the decision ends up hurting you no one cares because it is believed you were mentally strong enough when you chose your path.

Which kid is mature enough to choose who she wants to sleep with?? They don't know what's good for them yet that's why they have parents and guidance to lead them till they are mature enough (18 years)

So when a kid doesn't know his left from his right why will you take advantage of her and sleep with her claiming she consented to it?? That's bullshitt.

This is simply why it's a crime to sleep with people less than 18 because they are considered kids who aren't old enough to make decisions yet

Okay so what about people who like to have sex with adult animals? It's their choice too. And please don't tell me the animal couldn't choose. You can't win this argument.

By the way, half the kids you claim are already sexually active.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by EbolaParasite: 7:16pm On Jul 15, 2015
emperorchedda:
Because they exist in the society and there is no need to hide them.
Movies are about what happen in the society, gays are in the society

Bestiality exists too so should they be shown in kids cartoons too?
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by MythAngel: 7:19pm On Jul 15, 2015
Sijo01:
Chaiii.... ... .guys its time you start covering your nyash with the blood of Jah.

Its better you keep silence than expose your ignorance .. You need not polut God in every of your saying since you don't know what's acceptable...

God does not have blood ... Have you turned him into a mortal man or what ? Please be careful of what you say ... For by it we stand on that day of judgement
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 15, 2015
Maintech:
If it was Jonathan i would have said maybe but with Sai Baba... you better have another thought coming because with his Islamic background that is a no-go area. He wont even seat across the table to have such a dirty, inhumane, dehumanizing, adulterous, morally-depraving, ignominious, sadistic, devilish, barbaric, demonic, and gory discussion with anyone including Obama, the killer of Osama.
And who signed the law they want to revoke?
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by ifypedro38(m): 7:20pm On Jul 15, 2015
yes that is why are trying our best to join European Union so that we will do it, Naija go join European before nah, Jesus is Lord for i know that will never happen
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by KingSango(m): 7:24pm On Jul 15, 2015
unclecycs:

first off i believe you can make an opinion and not necessarily disrespect an opinion at variance with yours ,,in the spirit of human rights wink
that said ,i am not very smart and you have succeeded in confusing me and maybe yourself in your bid to propagate a theory i am the least inclined to believe.
whether the free masons and their affiliates is responsible for this societal ill or not is discuss for another day,humanity over the centuries has been assaulted by periods of periods of onslaught from supremacist and guess what , humanity still thrives until this day !!! and until the world ends there will be humanity just as there will always be unholy alliances trying to prey on her .

Today we are talking about why America thinks its okay for it to foist on another sovereign state a policy it considers right and why same america doesn't think the other sovereign state has the right to refuse to be compelled to do its bidding.

why it is okay for a gay couple to demand of me to bake them a cake and while society must respect the gay couples rights to access my service same society refuses to respect my right to refuse to offer the gay couple my service, simply because my religious leanings frowns at their act and we are talking human rights here right ... the right to ask me for something you want, the right for me to refuse to give you something you want that i have in my possession etc..

there has always been gays and there will always be gays ,there will always be fornicators, polygamist, adulterers, polyandrists pedophiles and what have you..shall they all now begin to agitate for a legalization of their sexual leanings in the spirit of respecting their human rights ?

Its quite simple that what I said went over your head and your low intellect is at fault. Freemasonry rules the world, just go check Freemason websites, they have everyone that is important in a position as a member. Most of the world's leaders are Freemasons, most of the major preachers, pastors, reverends, cardinals, bishops, Imans, and the Pope. Nearly all of the world's billionaires are Freemasons. There's no better way than to run a town, city or nation or the world than with a gang. Freemasonry is a big gang with members involved in every aspect of human life and they are the shot callers and are the most wealthy, and the most respected and recognized. But they are more than a gang because they operate in secrecy and have ways of knowing everyone else's secrets to use against them. Your failure to understand this is a result of no imagination.

Anyway, homosexuality is an agenda of population control instituted by the West against Africa. Because White's fertility rate is in nearly in 1/1 ratio, meaning for every death there is a birth. They are not replacing their numbers and will soon die out. But Africans don't have this issue, your birth and fertility rate is 1/3,4 meaning African women are very fruitful. So look at the numbers, 700 million Europeans on the planet, and over 1 billion Africans in Africa and 1 billion of them in Diaspora. So the Elite are saying we've got to encourage or make these people into homosexuals to slow down their growth rate. Not to mention all the social problems homosexuality brings with it in the long run that rapidly decay the society. The Aids, Ebola, guns, poverty, controlled leaders, and many angles they attack Africa's development, including Diaspora. As I've said, the majority of homosexuality got that way by molestation, they are hurt, confused and find their lifestyles in conflict with their spirituality. But they are targeted by other homosexuals if they try to stop. Yes you read me correctly, human beings who are affected by homosexuality who want treatment can't find it and they are targeted by those egosyntonic homosexuals who see them as wanting to be normal as a betrayal of the movement. This is the same as Black Nationalists and Pan-Africanists who try to free themselves from White Supremacy are targeted by Blacks who fear that those people are betraying Black progress of Blacks assimilating peacefully into White society and rule. Those is pretty much, some leaving a bad situation and others not in agreement trying to keep them in that hole. Homosexuals are trapped and its very hard for them to get out, its not true they are born this way. But in this world of wickedness its hard for anybody to have change for the better because someone will envy your light and try to keep you enslaved to your sins.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 15, 2015
ephi123:

No country and I repeat no country has ever and would ever coerce its allies to dance to their tune unless its it been done economically and that's the reason the naira is been devaluated on daily basis,economic downturn influences the relationship of bilateral trade countries and once terms and conditions isn't met then no business so the US can influence Nigeria to legalize same sex but can NEVER coerce you as an individual to be gay,that's why the right to liberty is spelt out in the constitution.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Sijo01(f): 7:41pm On Jul 15, 2015
MythAngel:

Its better you keep silence than expose your ignorance .. You need not polut God in every of your saying since you don't know what's acceptable...

God does not have blood ... Have you turned him into a mortal man or what ? Please be careful of what you say ... For by it we stand on that day of judgement

shocked why are you killing yourself over what I face on judgment day?.. .. .. .... you must be gay. angry
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 15, 2015
My Lord God will rain his purnishment upon any nation or anyone who endurlge in same sex marriage
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by Saintdexy(m): 7:46pm On Jul 15, 2015
God forbid, gay nonsense. Not in Nigeria even if am gay, not proud of the demonic act
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by tempest01(m): 7:49pm On Jul 15, 2015
HungerBAD:
The first time i saw two men kissing was in London, specifically at the St James's Park on a cool summer day many years ago. I still remember the shock and revulsion i felt.

I stood transfixed, staring at them for about 5 Minutes and was just turning my head around like AM I THE ONLY ONE SEEING this,and then it hit me, i was no longer in Africa and even if i had been living in the US, i was yet to see two men kiss. It was a cultural shock for me to see two men make out.

I hated gays.

Then one day in Church, at a bible study. Somebody asked the pastor that if the Church preaches a lot of things about repentance and acceptance,why then do they still find it hard to accept gays?the pastor's reply was an eye opener.

And then it hit me. Why do i exactly hate gays?they don't bother me, they sleep with each other,they marry each other,they pay their own bills,i don't even know them.

As i grow older, i have learned to be very tolerant of others. I have also learned to mind my business with how others handle their lives, that is why i do not judge married women/men when they cheat in their marriages, i am not in their marriage so don't know what lead to the infidelity.

While i do have my personal reservation about the gay thing, i have come to accept the fact that my feelings will not stop people from being gays, or stop them from loving each other. i have also come to accept the fact that no matter what, there will be others that will have sexual orientation that is different from mine.

In Nigeria, there have been instances where men have been caught making love to goats and chickens. Nairaland even carried some of those pictures.

So what am i saying?people should let other people live their lives the way they deem it fit. what you cannot correct, leave alone.

***Modified***

So i wrote this on the last page, but feel i should add it here too.

THEN LEAVE THEM ALONE.

I'm not against them ...but legalizing them is wrong. They won't hurt you, till one of them gets hold of your teenage/underage daughter or son who doesnt have a strong will yet...and his orientation changes.

America won't see their mistake now...it will dawn on them in the future.
Re: US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage by emperorchedda(m): 7:51pm On Jul 15, 2015
EbolaParasite:

Okay so what about people who like to have sex with adult animals? It's their choice too. And please don't tell me the animal couldn't choose. You can't win this argument.

By the way, half the kids you claim are already sexually active.
You already answered it, the animals couldn't choose!

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Photo Of The Accident That Killed Patience Jonathan's Mum / Fashola And Tinubu Meet At Wedding Of Olusegun Osoba's Daughter (Photos) / Judges Order Peter Obi’s Legal Team To Go Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.