Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,902 members, 7,821,141 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. (104359 Views)

Senate Slashes Number Of TV Stations Covering Plenaries / Those Who Stole From Nigeria Have Newspapers, Radio & TV Stations - Lai Mohammed / Watch The Video In Which TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Tinyemeka(m): 12:39pm On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:
Not a big deal. I think you should listen to Vladimir Putin the president of Russia or Kim Jong-un the president of North Korea when they speak or give public addresses, then you'll know buhari's english is better. The fact that buhari has a poor accent doesn't mean he can't speak good english.
PDP followers just be hating on buhari anyhow.

Ride on baba.
#sai_buhari...

What're the official languages of Russia and North Korea?
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by vanen2: 12:54pm On Jul 16, 2015
ddippset:
how much did jim nwobodo STOLE?
sorry my there, I being know no

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by vanen2: 12:57pm On Jul 16, 2015
ddippset:
lol. you dont get it, do you? iam only quoting your ex president and lord, goodluck ebele jonathan. he has got a certificate but that's the sort of english he used to speak to Nigerians.
got you just now. Thank you djare

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by breakeven: 12:58pm On Jul 16, 2015
Why the noise about this. I am not a fan of PMB but the truth must be told.I watched the news on channells and i believe it was the microphone problem. The mic was not very good and that was the cause of the problem not that PMB does not speak well.

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by eminikansoso(m): 1:53pm On Jul 16, 2015
dunkem21:

Okpo grin
anu mpi
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by niceguy7(m): 2:03pm On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:
Not a big deal. I think you should listen to Vladimir Putin the president of Russia or Kim Jong-un the president of North Korea when they speak or give public addresses, then you'll know buhari's english is better. The fact that buhari has a poor accent doesn't mean he can't speak good english.

Ride on baba.
#sai_buhari...
Guy ur comment deserve those likes and share..make i add my own like and share.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by dabossman(m): 2:43pm On Jul 16, 2015
Rubbish talk from the OP. If this Caucasian presenter on BBC Hard Talk could understand Buhari for a whole 21 minutes and you can't, then you are the one who should widen your scope.

Have you ever listened to an Irish or Scots man before? Or maybe someone from the South in America? They are English speaking too and they have heavy accents that are sometimes difficult to pick if you are not familiar with it.

OP stop being foolish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBkmrHgN10I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee_N3g4ORLk
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by TheAdvocate(m): 2:48pm On Jul 16, 2015
Ghandi12:

You might be wrong Brother. The whole world including the media is waking-up to the needs of special Citizens (the Blind, Deaf, Dumb etc) among us.

With Buhari's English, we are all deaf and dumb. grin
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by ddippset(m): 3:03pm On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:

Ride on baba.
#sai_buhari...

now, before anybody else would quote me and start to remind me that Russia and North Korea are not english speaking countries, take a chill pill. i was only comparing them to buhari with respect to their accent.
o boy, I jealous these ya likes o!
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by FOLLOWJESUS: 3:13pm On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:

Ride on baba.
#sai_buhari...

now, before anybody else would quote me and start to remind me that Russia and North Korea are not english speaking countries, take a chill pill. i was only comparing them to buhari with respect to their accent.
You don't defend person blindly,how can a whole president of Nigeria not be able to speak good english and even speak something that people can be able to understand,is it not shame that in this digital and interlectual jet world we are producing out dated and analog president who can not comunicate, and u are quoting south korea and Rusia president who are not english speaking countries,we will continue to acomodate our shame don't be surprise he can reach America 2moro and bring more shame 4 Nigeria.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 16, 2015
FOLLOWJESUS:
You don't defend person blindly,how can a whole president of Nigeria not be able to speak good english and even speak something that people can be able to understand,is it not shame that in this digital and interlectual jet world we are producing out dated and analog president who can not comunicate, and u are quoting south korea and Rusia president who are not english speaking countries,we will continue to acomodate our shame don't be surprise he can reach America 2moro and bring more shame 4 Nigeria.

please don't mistake having a poor english accent with having a bad english structure. they are 2 different things...
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by nairamaniac: 4:16pm On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:

Ride on baba.
#sai_buhari...

u just set a record for the most "likes" Iv seen any post attract. please kindly accept my own "like".
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 16, 2015
nairamaniac:
u just set a record for the most "likes" Iv seen any post attract. please kindly accept my own "like".

lolz, thank you...
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by MrBasketball: 4:55pm On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:

Ride on baba.
#sai_buhari...

This is the second post with the highest likes i have seen on Nairaland.

Nice one!
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 16, 2015
MrBasketball:
This is the second post with the highest likes i have seen on Nairaland.
Nice one!
bro, which one is the first?
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by gregg2: 5:21pm On Jul 16, 2015
[size=13pt]Oh Nigeria my country.
Is this the best that come out from a country of 180m people?
[/size]
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by MrBasketball: 5:36pm On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:

bro, which one is the first?
I will have to go find it... But will get the link of the thread for you.

But that is just to praise and console the Igbos.

Dharniel... This is the link:

www.nairaland.com/2245843/want-die-lagoon-shirts-now#32519412
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by christinie(f): 5:58pm On Jul 16, 2015
anigbajumo:

u dnt knw diff btween poor accent nd bad english....

As pwetiee as you ar,
Bokohariri = poor accent + grammatical errors.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 16, 2015
MrBasketball:
I will have to go find it... But will get the link of the thread for you.

But that is just to praise and console the Igbos.

Dharniel... This is the link:

www.nairaland.com/2245843/want-die-lagoon-shirts-now#32519412

oh, i know that post, i never knew that post garnered such amount of likes, my like sef follow add up to it...
thanks.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by MrBasketball: 7:28pm On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:

oh, i know that post, i never knew that post garnered such amount of likes, my like sef follow add up to it...
thanks.

If it were to be on Facebook... Most of these comments on Nairaland would have gotten up to 100,000 "Likes".

Nairalanders are "Like" greedy... You will see thousands of views but it will very difficult to see comments come close to 1000 "Likes".

Before you can see another one up to a thousand like, till further notice.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Lawsimon(m): 7:58pm On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:

Ride on baba.
#sai_buhari...

What a contradictory statement. You ended up saying nothing.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Oluseyi2008(m): 8:31pm On Jul 16, 2015
Nigeria is the most interesting country in the world because we have people that entertain us with english

LiKe patience like buhari
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Franchise21(m): 8:59pm On Jul 16, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

You need brain surgery.
Ur brain needs formatting n system upgrade
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by anigbajumo(m): 9:30pm On Jul 16, 2015
christinie:
Bokohariri = poor accent + grammatical errors.

point out is grammatical error...
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by SenatorJames(m): 9:55pm On Jul 16, 2015
Dharniel:

Ride on baba.
#sai_buhari...

Whao!!! this is the post with the highest number of likes, i have ever seen on Nairaland (1175 likes)

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Caution30: 10:48pm On Jul 16, 2015
Nawa!,social media President
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Caseless: 11:39pm On Jul 16, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
Imagine the President of Nigeria, Africa's most populated country, Africa's biggest economy now needs English interpreter to interpret his spoken English language.

phockery , u see ur life?

Learn to differentiate between accent, pronunciation and good control of language.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by christinie(f): 3:46am On Jul 17, 2015
anigbajumo:

point out is grammatical error...
"Your dogs and baboons will be soaked in blood." Discuss.
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by PhockPhockMan: 4:29am On Jul 17, 2015
Caseless:
phockery , u see ur life?

Learn to differentiate between accent, pronunciation and good control of language.
You missed the point.

1 Like

Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by Caseless: 5:24am On Jul 17, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

You missed the point.
undecided
Re: TV Stations Translate Buhari’s English To English. PICTURE. by anigbajumo(m): 6:18am On Jul 17, 2015
christinie:
"Your dogs and baboons will be soaked in blood." Discuss.

Is that grammatical error?

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Buhari Departs Daura For Niger Republic (Photos) / Asari Dokubo Storms Abuja With His Boys To Counter NLC Protest / The Proposed 18 New States And Their Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.