Stats: 3,152,817 members, 7,817,380 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Believers' Place - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Believers' Place (13593 Views)

Is The Holy Spirit Present In The Life Of Both Believers And Unbelievers? / Bible Believers Games / Bible Believers Challenge #biblebelieverschallenge Day1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 12:26pm On Jul 26, 2015
okotv:
I am pursuing a career in the military and to be honest its not a good time to join but all the same I call it a privilege cause its not always you have the opportunity to lay down your life to protect others even though most of them don't appreciate it. its always worthwhile.

About the Sir stuff, I actually don't like public show of respect, it kinds of take the essence away and breeds eye service.
Hmm. Your wish is my command. How's service?
Re: Believers' Place by BreezyRita(f): 1:51pm On Jul 26, 2015

Teaching on jealousy contd.

Jealousy and envy is a common trait of the insecure. But thanks be to God for he's made all things new! We're all new creatures and have dropped the natural way of existence and fleshy traits.
If we are not secure about our worth and value as a unique individual, we naturally find ourselves competing with anyone who appears to be successful. Galatians 5:26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

No matter how well we can do something, there will always arise someone who can do it better. So why struggle all our lives to get ahead of everyone else?? As soon as we become number one, someone will be competing with us and, sooner or later, that one person will appear who can do whatever we are doing a little better than we can.
Take sports for example, it seems no matter what record an athlete sets, eventually another comes along and breaks it. Entertainment?? One is only tops for a time and then someone new comes along and takes his place.
There's no reason to compete with anyone on this earth as a Christian! Its a fruit of the flesh, brings strife too.

Here's my testimony : I used to have these feelings of inadequacy; I never felt good enough. That wasn't ages ago o. I'd sit and compare myself to my friends who are supposedly ahead of me. But the Word of God entered into my life and brought me understanding. I know I'm a child of God. I know He loves me. I now know His thoughts of me are thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give me an expected end. Meaning, He knows just what I need to excel in life and He will make all things beautiful in His time. I know eyes have not seen, neither have eats heard, the things He'll do for me.
I'm still growing in the faith but I know where I was yesterday isn't where I am today.!
Nowadays, whenever the devil sends the evil thoughts to make me compare. I say out loud: "God I thank you for the life of so and so, I know that my own time for glorification is coming."
I start thinking of the blessings I've received from God and every trace of jealousy disappears. Previously, when I gave in to these feelings, I'd get extremely depressed.
This has worked all the time.
It all begins in the mind and apostle Paul showed us the way out.
Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Re: Believers' Place by Anas09: 7:11pm On Jul 26, 2015
I love my Christian family.

Re: Believers' Place by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 26, 2015
okotv:
I am pursuing a career in the military and to be honest its not a good time to join but all the same I call it a privilege cause its not always you have the opportunity to lay down your life to protect others even though most of them don't appreciate it. its always worthwhile.

About the Sir stuff, I actually don't like public show of respect, it kinds of take the essence away and breeds eye service.

No wonder you talked so authoritatively about IED and TNT on the other thread yesterday!

Happy Sunday to you all.
Re: Believers' Place by okotv(m): 8:11pm On Jul 26, 2015
HFOG:

Hmm. Your wish is my command. How's service?
service was okay. It was mainly about consecration and restoration. The ark of God returned to Isreal.

Re: Believers' Place by okotv(m): 8:12pm On Jul 26, 2015
dearpreye:

No wonder you talked so authoritatively about IED and TNT on the other thread yesterday!

Happy Sunday to you all.
I doubt if I was the one.
Re: Believers' Place by BreezyRita(f): 10:48am On Jul 29, 2015

Good morning everyone!

Today, we'll learn about responsibility.
Many times, we dont want to take responsibility. Not just for our actions but also for not doing the things we are supposed to do.

Genesis 11:31 And Terah took Abram his son, and Lot the son of Haran his son’s son, and Sarai his daughter in law, his son Abram’s wife; and they went forth with them from Ur of the Chaldees, to go into the land of Canaan; and they came unto Haran, and dwelt there.

Many of us, like Terah never finish what we start because we get into it and realize there is note involved tan gooseberries and excitement. Terah set out for Canaan but dwelt in Haran instead.

*** People who must always have somebody else pushing them will never do anything really great.

*** Those who only do what's right because there's someone looking at them won't get very far either.

We must be motivated from within, not from without!

We need to get out of our comfort zone and take new responsibility. When the Lord shows us something to do, there is always a temptation to wait for a "convenient season" (Acts 24:25). A tendency to hold back until it won't cost anything or be difficult.
But of course, no cross, no glory!

When a vision is given to us, it is for a time. If we wait or waste time, it is given to someone else.
One of my lecturers during WOFBI said God told him to set up a parking space for trailers and trucks in his state. According to him, there was a vast space that was lying waste. And when he lay that day thinking of what to do, the Lord dropped that idea. The plan was even given to him. Every single detail. But he wasted time. And a year later, when he drove past that place again, he found out it had been set up just the way he'd been told to do. He wasted time and the idea was given to someone else. Someone more willing to leave his comfort zone; to take responsibility. The parable of the talents in Matthew 25 illustrates this too.

Some may argue that we are to cast our cares upon the Lord. But we are to cast our cares not our rssponsibility. Some people become such experts at "casting their care", they cast their responsibility also.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Believers' Place by Alezy(m): 6:40pm On Jul 29, 2015
BreezyRita:

Good morning everyone!

Today, we'll learn about responsibility.
Many times, we dont want to take responsibility. Not just for our actions but also for not doing the things we are supposed to do.

Genesis 11:31 And Terah took Abram his son, and Lot the son of Haran his son’s son, and Sarai his daughter in law, his son Abram’s wife; and they went forth with them from Ur of the Chaldees, to go into the land of Canaan; and they came unto Haran, and dwelt there.

Many of us, like Terah never finish what we start because we get into it and realize there is note involved tan gooseberries and excitement. Terah set out for Canaan but dwelt in Haran instead.

*** People who must always have somebody else pushing them will never do anything really great.

*** Those who only do what's right because there's someone looking at them won't get very far either.

We must be motivated from within, not from without!

We need to get out of our comfort zone and take new responsibility. When the Lord shows us something to do, there is always a temptation to wait for a "convenient season" (Acts 24:25). A tendency to hold back until it won't cost anything or be difficult.
But of course, no cross, no glory!

When a vision is given to us, it is for a time. If we wait or waste time, it is given to someone else.
One of my lecturers during WOFBI said God told him to set up a parking space for trailers and trucks in his state. According to him, there was a vast space that was lying waste. And when he lay that day thinking of what to do, the Lord dropped that idea. The plan was even given to him. Every single detail. But he wasted time. And a year later, when he drove past that place again, he found out it had been set up just the way he'd been told to do. He wasted time and the idea was given to someone else. Someone more willing to leave his comfort zone; to take responsibility. The parable of the talents in Matthew 25 illustrates this too.

Some may argue that we are to cast our cares upon the Lord. But we are to cast our cares not our rssponsibility. Some people become such experts at "casting their care", they cast their responsibility also.
lovely piece
Re: Believers' Place by BreezyRita(f): 8:47pm On Aug 05, 2015
I almost forgot I had this church.
But it seems I'm the only member.

4rmGuest2Member
Aunty HFOG
Starlingslimnet
Alezy
Dearpreye
Craigston
Okotv

All our members. Where are you?
Trust all is well

Re: Believers' Place by BreezyRita(f): 9:04pm On Aug 05, 2015
Okotv, good evening to you.

Your diary post seems just for me. Seen mine??
In my case though, everything is still intact. Still active, passionate about every other thing except prayer. I ask myself, search myself, study and meditate but when it comes to prayer, I seem to be doing it with my lips only. And you know when that happens, its disturbing. You find yourself saying the wrong things. Maybe not really wrong but you question yourself at every request. Like; "What am I saying? Is that needed?"

I dunno if you get me. Praying from the lip is disastrous. And sometimes, in order not to fumble, I'm tempted to keep quiet.

How are you??

Re: Believers' Place by okotv(m): 9:09pm On Aug 05, 2015
BreezyRita:
Okotv, good evening to you.

Your diary post seems just for me. Seen mine??
In my case though, everything is still intact. Still active, passionate about every other thing except prayer. I ask myself, search myself, study and meditate but when it comes to prayer, I seem to be doing it with my lips only. And you know when that happens, its disturbing. You find yourself saying the wrong things. Maybe not really wrong but you question yourself at every request. Like; "What am I saying? Is that needed?"

I dunno if you get me. Praying from the lip is disastrous. And sometimes, in order not to fumble, I'm tempted to keep quiet.

How are you??
Am doing great. A nice day it was for me. Hope you had one too ?

The prayer thingy is dicey, you would need to start little by little. If its 2 mins, it enough. Just keep going till get to the desired level. Remember his grace is sufficient for you.
Re: Believers' Place by Alezy(m): 11:44pm On Aug 05, 2015
BreezyRita:
I almost forgot I had this church.
But it seems I'm the only member.

4rmGuest2Member
Aunty HFOG
Starlingslimnet
Alezy
Dearpreye
Craigston
Okotv

All our members. Where are you?
Trust all is well
sure am fine speaking for my self n I also trust the rest of em re fine. hope u good too?? have a warm nyt rest

Re: Believers' Place by BreezyRita(f): 2:19pm On Aug 09, 2015
Hello everyone!
This is wishing all of us a very happy Sunday.

Errmmm, at Fellowship yesterday, I was asked a question (I'm privileged to be a minister) and I want to put it across to you all. See your take on it. I answered all right, the way I could. But I also need your views.

The question: "What happens when you've prayed and believe God for something and it doesn't appear like your prayer has been heard Ur answered?? What do you do in the time it takes before the answer to your prayers manifest?"

First, what are you praying for? We know of course that every good and perfect gift is from above. Be sure the promises of God cover the things you're asking God for. One may say how can a book as archaic as the Bible contain the very thing I'm praying for?? News!
It does. The Bible isn't like any other book. It is the Word of God. Spoken for us and to us.
So everything a believer will ever ask for or need, the Almighty knows he does; He knew before you even thought of it. Some people go about saying things, endeavor to believe and call it faith.
You are in trouble when you get beyond the Word! You have a right to believe for anything God's Word promises you. "You can have what you say", yes. But ask yourself this: "Are the things you're "saying" in contrast with God's Word??"
Stand on a Scripture! Have a foundation for your faith and pray. When we talk about faith, we mean faith in God and faith in God is faith in His Word....... (Romans 10:17) 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. You are not going to have faith on anything if you do not hear the Word of God on it.
Find Scriptures that cover your case.

Now, pray.
And believe! (Mark 11:23-24). 23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. 24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

Give glory to God. Phil 4:6, Rom 4:19-20

Finally, act as though you've received it. It may not seem like you have but we serve a God who "calls those things that be not as though they were". Rom. 4:16. Count the thing done which you've asked. Don't waver. Don't tolerate a contrary thought.

Hear this: God hears us the moment we pray. Now, many of the things we pray about and believe for, which God's promises cover, have to come to pass in this world where Satan is god (2For 4:4). He will do anything to keep it from coming!
Daniel 10:10-13. Daniel prayed and was heard. An answer was sent. But the angel encountered opposition for 21 days!

Therefore, if His Word says it, and you pray about it,, believe then that you have it. Even if it tarrys. Recognize that the enemy is contesting the fulfilment of your glorious destiny and that the moment you begin to doubt, he's won.

Cc: HFOG, starlingslimnet, 4rmGuest2Member, Elantraceey, Okotv, Agapecharis, Alezy and others...........

Please, sorry if I digressed. The question still remains. What are we to do when answers to our prapwrs tarry??

Remain blessed!!!

Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 5:27am On Sep 04, 2015
Good morning people of God. It's been a while
Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 4:37pm On Sep 08, 2015
Wow, it's been a while! And it looks like most of us here are MIA/AWOL, lol. I'm glad to be back. What have I missed? :-)

Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 5:05pm On Sep 08, 2015
@BreezyRita

Hmm, that's an interesting question and you've given great answers to what to do after we've prayed. I wonder why you asked us for our contributions again. Lol.

Well, all I'll say is, it's two different things when we pray for things in the physical and in the spiritual. For spiritual things like health, protection, guidance, grace, wisdom etc, it's easy to believe God has answered our prayers (I hope you get me). For physical things like financial blessings, finding a partner, getting a job, God has His ways of answering us. Some prayers are not worth it if we don't do our own part for God to do His. For some, God wants to see how serious we are about what we desire and wants to see persistence as seen in Luke 18. Sometimes we may need to vow and fulfil it (Eccl 5 vs 4-5).

At times we need to keep praying, and there's need to search ourselves to see whether there's something in us that wouldn't make us receive from God. Could be sin of pride, or anything else and my believe is that it's in prayer while we also read our Bibles, that God changes us to be qualified to receive. That's why I like to pray in tongues on issues because although I may not know it, the Spirit changes me in order to be able to receive and other things.

But if one is in a right standing with God and is sure he/she has prayed through, then the fellow has to stay close to God and away from sin or the world. Keep praising/thanking Him and serving Him acceptably incessantly. The answer is sure to physically manifest. I'm a testimony of that fact. smiley

I don't believe I've given a perfect answer sha :-D
Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 5:06pm On Sep 08, 2015
HFOG:
Good morning people of God. It's been a while

Good evening Ma. Long time, how've you been?

Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 7:21pm On Sep 08, 2015
4rmGuest2Member:

Good evening Ma. Long time, how've you been?
I've been blessed my dear. And you?
Re: Believers' Place by 4rmGuest2Member(m): 10:05pm On Sep 10, 2015
HFOG:

I've been blessed my dear. And you?

Good to know. smiley I've been enjoying God's favour. Thanks. Everyone has gotten really engaged by the looks of things. I thought when I return here, I'll be seeing page 100 or so. Lol..

Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 8:32pm On Sep 11, 2015
4rmGuest2Member:

Good to know. smiley I've been enjoying God's favour. Thanks. Everyone has gotten really engaged by the looks of things. I thought when I return here, I'll be seeing page 100 or so. Lol..
lol. Na so. We thank God for His mercies and the blessing He daily loads us with
Re: Believers' Place by Elinob(m): 6:35pm On Sep 13, 2015
Wat kind believers place bcus wit ave many type of believers place in nigeria here.
Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 2:19am On Oct 28, 2015
4rmGuest2Member:

Blessed new day to you sir.
Re: Believers' Place by HFOG(f): 2:21am On Oct 28, 2015
Elinob:
Wat kind believers place bcus wit ave many type of believers place in nigeria here.
*smiles*
Maybe we should turn that around. What kinda believer are you sir?
Re: Believers' Place by BreezyRita(f): 4:20pm On Jan 21, 2016
Happy New Year Fam!!!

#Better Late Than Never cheesy
Re: Believers' Place by BreezyRita(f): 12:18pm On Feb 18, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

D / Ghanaian Pastors Are Proving Worse Than Nigeria’s / Logicboy Meets Anony Again! Philosophy Vs Naturalism

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92