Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,301 members, 7,954,197 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:02 PM

Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram-IBB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram-IBB (1605 Views)

I Was Confident President Buhari Will Crush Boko Haram - IBB / Why Military Under Jonathan Failed To Defeat Boko Haram – Former CDS / I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram-IBB by makzeze: 6:42am On Jul 16, 2015
Former Military President General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida has said that he has confidence in the ability of President Muhammadu Buhari to defeat Boko Haram so that Nigeria can truly assume her greatness in the comity of nations.

Babangida, in a Sallah message which he personally signed and released to journalists yesterday, enjoined all Nigerians to be strong in their unison against the insurgency.

He stressed the need to device new ways and means of confronting the insurgency, without making such initiatives public knowledge, expressing his belief that the media has a greater role to play in the management of information.

“On a good day, as is often said, the idea of taking some Boko Haram suspects and prisoners to Anambra State should not be public knowledge, if we are truly serious about information management,” he noted.

He called on the government to also cater for the families of the security personnel who died beyond what he called the present tokenism, noting that it would serve as incentive to others who are still in the trenches.

“The President, General Muhammadu Buhari as a Military Officer, understands the import of these altruistic suggestions and I trust that he will take steps to apply some of them that fit into the mainstream strategies already in place. The approach has to be a holistic one, well coordinated with full onslaught launched by the day and night to rout these insurgents to surrender.”

He said: “The renewed interest of the international communities in helping out with superior military hardware towards combating this menace is a welcome development. Our Islamic clerics should do more in their daily sermons to prevent new converts and recruits into this deadly group. Both religions preach the virtues of good and pious life tempered with the fear of God or Allah. We must continuously preach sermons that deliver the right messages to our people without ambiguity.”

source: http://dailytrust.com.ng/daily/index.php/top-stories/60097-ibb-buhari-will-defeat-boko-haram
Re: Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram-IBB by isacolukay(m): 6:43am On Jul 16, 2015
Chai!
Re: Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram-IBB by Daliano(m): 6:44am On Jul 16, 2015
This boy ontop always rushes to type "Chai"...What's the problem Isoculkay?
Why always chai?
Anybody die?

Ibrahim Badman Babangida(IBB) we've heard it before,we need to see it this time.
Re: Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram-IBB by fulanimafia: 6:46am On Jul 16, 2015
I might not like IBB but these recommendations are on point.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram-IBB by ibkgab001: 6:47am On Jul 16, 2015
We trust in God ; the end of bokoharam is here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram-IBB by Nobody: 6:50am On Jul 16, 2015
Yeah we know Mr IBB. Hope your hands are clean ? undecided
Re: Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram-IBB by Mogidi: 6:54am On Jul 16, 2015
Its possible Buhari might defeat boko haram, it remains his pet project at the end of the day.
Re: Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram-IBB by biznus: 6:58am On Jul 16, 2015
The competition amongst the media won't help matters they can destroy Nigeria just to make a HEADLINE! The recent presidential electioneering says it all.
Re: Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram-IBB by joseph1832(m): 7:00am On Jul 16, 2015
Mogidi:
Its possible Buhari might defeat boko haram, it remains his pet project at the end of the day.
So you say. Kindly provide proof that BH is PMB's "pet project". Or forever hold your peace!.
Re: Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram-IBB by donholy28(m): 7:05am On Jul 16, 2015
How can he defeat boko haram when he's boko haram? na why he leave BH cause dem be his brothers go dey fight radio station

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram-IBB by thegoodone2(m): 7:06am On Jul 16, 2015
good
Re: Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram-IBB by kahara(m): 7:07am On Jul 16, 2015
Mr. President Sir,Nigerians are already in unison since 29 May 2015 AD urging u to defeat n destroy dos cows.

As i keep saying the road to defeating Boko Haram must nt pass tru Washington because d road is far n there r many dangers.
Re: Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram-IBB by AngryNigerian(m): 7:08am On Jul 16, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin
Is dat 1 still alive?another bitterly corrupt Nigerian! Buhari,wen will u start probing thez thieves?
Re: Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram-IBB by viceldo(m): 7:10am On Jul 16, 2015
you can't give solution to your problems while you're hiding......pis come to NIGERIA then we wud no what you're saying
Re: Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram-IBB by PassingShot(m): 7:10am On Jul 16, 2015
Mogidi:
donholy28:
How can he defeat boko haram when he's boko haram? na why he leave BH cause dem be his brothers go dey fight radio station

You guys need to always understand that you do not HAVE to comment on every topic.

It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open mouth and remove all doubts.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram-IBB by Mogidi: 7:11am On Jul 16, 2015
PassingShot:

You need to always understand that you do not HAVE to comment on every topic.

It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open mouth and remove all doubts.

You also need to realise you don't have to butt sniff me all the time.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram-IBB by maverickdude(m): 7:12am On Jul 16, 2015
sure he will,if and only if he is nt one of the orchestrators
Re: Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram-IBB by Chiefpriest1(m): 7:12am On Jul 16, 2015
Baba is warming his way into Buhari's good books. He doesnt want to be probed.

Boko haram is fuelled by many factors,chief of which is poverty and ignorance.

Babangida was president of Nigeria for eight years and yet his region remains some of the poorest in the face of the earth.

Rather than preaching,he should make restitution and return Nigeria's stolen wealth
Re: Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram-IBB by PassingShot(m): 7:13am On Jul 16, 2015
[s]
Mogidi:

You also need to realise you don't have to butt sniff me all the time.
[/s]
Re: Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram-IBB by Giddyprance(m): 7:17am On Jul 16, 2015
enough of words....we need action!!!!
BH is ravaging the north, destroying life and property every day that comes by and all these pot bellied retired generals do is open their big mouths and talk thrash.....mtcheeeeewww
Re: Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram-IBB by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 7:22am On Jul 16, 2015
I don't trust this guy.
Re: Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram-IBB by kromoto: 7:26am On Jul 16, 2015
IBB my guy grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram-IBB by patrickmuf(m): 7:32am On Jul 16, 2015
Mogidi:
Hmmmmm! You're irredeemably foolish, you're already churning out excuses for when he ends this menace plaguing our beloved country...I still don't get why a fully grown up man like you can't contribute intelligently to any topic up for discussion, i don't believe it's a case of hate or ethno religious bias clouding your sense of decency as it is with Barcanista and his exco members, yours is simply a case of emptiness in it's worst form...e-ediot
Meanwhile, we're gonna win this war and the enemies of this nation shall bow their cursed heads in shame...
God Bless Nigeria/Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram-IBB by chesterlee(m): 7:41am On Jul 16, 2015
Sponsors of Boko Haram"""
Re: Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram-IBB by sammyj: 7:44am On Jul 16, 2015
IBB should just stay off from Mr President because they are part of the cause of the countries predicament !!!
Re: Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram-IBB by wheesin(m): 8:16am On Jul 16, 2015
,,even IBB is talking, do you think we have forgotten ur sins..better bounce back to the hole you came from
Re: Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram-IBB by seniorklop: 8:31am On Jul 16, 2015
Wait for the wailers to come and rain curses on IBB. Taniods with no military training talking where the generals are. They claimed GEJ was having upper hand with BOKO haram, not knowing he was killing innocent civilians in a desperate attempt to win votes in the last election. We are aware of all the atrocities and AI confirmed it too.
Re: Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram-IBB by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 16, 2015
patrickmuf:
Hmmmmm! You're irredeemably foolish, you're already churning out excuses for when he ends this menace plaguing our beloved country...I still don't get why a fully grown up man like you can't contribute intelligently to any topic up for discussion, i don't believe it's a case of hate or ethno religious bias clouding your sense of decency as it is with Barcanista and his exco members, yours is simply a case of emptiness in it's worst form...e-ediot
Meanwhile, we're gonna win this war and the enemies of this nation shall bow their cursed heads in shame...
God Bless Nigeria/Nigerians
Be ready to be abusing us for the next four years...smh for this son of anger

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram-IBB by Kingspin(m): 8:50am On Jul 16, 2015
Haa! This one that IBB is sure.
Re: Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram-IBB by dyabman(m): 8:52am On Jul 16, 2015
I can't wait until this Boko boys are finally defeated ..
Re: Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram-IBB by donholy28(m): 8:53am On Jul 16, 2015
PassingShot:

You guys need to always understand that you do not HAVE to comment on every topic.

Remind me to quote u whenever d need arises...and buhari f*cks up more...cause u have d tendency to disappear
Re: Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram-IBB by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 16, 2015
I pray Boko harams are defeated for the sake of Nigerians but I doubt if Buhari is even serious about fighting BH. He's more interested in compensating the terrorists in the name of Amnesty and negotiation.

(1) (2) (Reply)

So Far Gov. Nyesom Wike Is The Best Governor In Nigeria. / A Time Bomb Waiting For Explosion – Says Senator Ohiabunwa / It Is Sallah: Will Gov Aregbesola Pay Osun Workers? (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.