Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

What Are Your Best Web-programming Books? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Are Your Best Web-programming Books? (2177 Views)

I Want To Buy Programming Books Online / 500GB Worth Of Programming Books Avaliable. / Practical Introduction To Python Web Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Best Web-programming Books? by bizycodin: 9:48am On Jul 16, 2015
It's !(mysterious) the amazing connection between Good Books and Good Codes.

These books are just invaluable for me..
PHP
1. Josh Lochart (Modern Php) - (Exposures to psr-4 standard, generators, traits, components.) He's also the guy behind sliim micro-framework which I am currently using in one of my projects)

2. Hasin Hayder (Object Oriented Programming with PHP 5) - This guy is such a bad guy. (SPL, one of the invaluable things I learnt here was d use of ArrayObject, ArrayIterators, Reflection and code organization).

3. Matt Zandstra (PHP Objects, Patterns and Practice) Nother bad guy. (Design Patterns and core PHP)

4. Zdenek Machek (PHPUnit Essential) - though I am yet to implement unit testing in my projects, it was a good read. I read over 60% nd got bored.

5. Janet Valade (PHP and MySQL for dummies) - My PHP list would be incomplete without this book. It was a cool introduction to server side scripting for me.

JS
1. David Flamagan (the Definitive Guide) - I was almost mistook for a mad man when reading dis book. It got me in "Flow" most of d time.

2. John Resig, Bear Bebeault (secrets of the javscript ninja) - I am currently reading this and I have read over 80 out of 394 pages nd u can imagine d kind of "whao" feeling I have reading dis book. It's such a deep-dive into JS.

Other good books I'm currently eyeing now are
Martin Fowler's Patterns of Enterprise Architecture, Donald Knuth's Art of Computer Programming and any book on algorithms.

Books are indispensable to becoming a "bad guy". Add yours nd let's spread d "word"
Re: What Are Your Best Web-programming Books? by Standing5(m): 10:44am On Jul 16, 2015
The Deitel brother series (Paul and Harvey Deitel). Always with excercises to help cement understanding

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Best Web-programming Books? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 16, 2015
Javascript and jQuery : Jon Duckett. This book should be a must for all javascript beginners, like myself. No surprise it's a bestseller on Amazon

Php and mysql larry ulman. This is like the best php and mysql book on Amazon.

Will check out those you listed

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Best Web-programming Books? by bizycodin: 1:51pm On Jul 16, 2015
Promhize:
Javascript and jQuery : Jon Duckett. This book should be a must for all javascript beginners, like myself. No surprise it's a bestseller on Amazon

Cool.. bro you really need to see Josh Lochart.
Re: What Are Your Best Web-programming Books? by bizycodin: 1:53pm On Jul 16, 2015
Standing5:
The Deitel brother series (Paul and Harvey Deitel). Always with excercises to help cement understanding
Yeah. Deitel is such a good book. I started Java Programming with (David Eck - Introduction to Java Programming).. That was my "First Love".!!
Re: What Are Your Best Web-programming Books? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 16, 2015
Josh Lockhart (Modern Php) - this book is fire,it brought me the good tidings of composer and made my code cleaner since I now follow all psr recommendations.....

Programming PHP -- Rasmus lerdorf,Kevin traore

Essential PHP security --- Chris shifflet

am currently reading speaking JS in my leisure time......

@bizycodin sir,what's good with SLIM ? I'm trying to pick up a micro framework, I wasn't impressed after installing laravel,65 % of the framework was 3rd party code,hence would be sticking to composer....
Re: What Are Your Best Web-programming Books? by jacob05(m): 3:47pm On Jul 16, 2015
Jregz:
Josh Lockhart (Modern Php) - this book is fire,it brought me the good tidings of composer and made my code cleaner since I now follow all psr recommendations.....

@bizycodin sir,what's good with SLIM ? I'm trying to pick up a micro framework, I wasn't impressed after installing laravel,65 % of the framework was 3rd party code,hence would be sticking to composer....
tried Lumen It's a very fast light weight framework based on Laravel
Re: What Are Your Best Web-programming Books? by bizycodin: 4:33pm On Jul 16, 2015
Jregz:

Sir, you're really on point. I use slim because of its simplicity, easy routing amongst others. Most importantly because d version of php d host I use is 5.4.3. Lumen is also a good one but d php requirement is higher. I would check out dat book on php security now!
Re: What Are Your Best Web-programming Books? by Greatfes17: 7:33pm On Jul 16, 2015
is this limited to php and co?
Re: What Are Your Best Web-programming Books? by bizycodin: 7:56pm On Jul 16, 2015
Greatfes17:
is this limited to php and co?
Nope. Any programming language. Let's learn from u.
Re: What Are Your Best Web-programming Books? by pelij18(m): 12:04pm On Jul 17, 2015
bizycodin:
It's !(mysterious) the amazing connection between Good Books and Good Codes.

These books are just invaluable for me..
PHP
1. Josh Lochart (Modern Php) - (Exposures to psr-4 standard, generators, traits, components.) He's also the guy behind sliim micro-framework which I am currently using in one of my projects)

2. Hasin Hayder (Object Oriented Programming with PHP 5) - This guy is such a bad guy. (SPL, one of the invaluable things I learnt here was d use of ArrayObject, ArrayIterators, Reflection and code organization).

3. Matt Zandstra (PHP Objects, Patterns and Practice) Nother bad guy. (Design Patterns and core PHP)

4. Zdenek Machek (PHPUnit Essential) - though I am yet to implement unit testing in my projects, it was a good read. I read over 60% nd got bored.

5. Janet Valade (PHP and MySQL for dummies) - My PHP list would be incomplete without this book. It was a cool introduction to server side scripting for me.

JS
1. David Flamagan (the Definitive Guide) - I was almost mistook for a mad man when reading dis book. It got me in "Flow" most of d time.

2. John Resig, Bear Bebeault (secrets of the javscript ninja) - I am currently reading this and I have read over 80 out of 394 pages nd u can imagine d kind of "whao" feeling I have reading dis book. It's such a deep-dive into JS.

Other good books I'm currently eyeing now are
Martin Fowler's Patterns of Enterprise Architecture, Donald Knuth's Art of Computer Programming and any book on algorithms.

Books are indispensable to becoming a "bad guy". Add yours nd let's spread d "word"
Were do i purchase any of this books.....? Please help i've been searching for related book down here in port-harcourt.
Re: What Are Your Best Web-programming Books? by bizycodin: 1:45pm On Jul 17, 2015
pelij18:
Were do i purchase any of this books.....? Please help i've been searching for related book down here in port-harcourt.
Inbox ur mail address to thrustinv@yahoo.com. I will send u d ones I have or go to ebookee.org. It's a filesharing site.
Re: What Are Your Best Web-programming Books? by pelij18(m): 2:47pm On Jul 17, 2015
bizycodin:

Inbox ur mail address to thrustinv@yahoo.com. I will send u d ones I have or go to ebookee.org. It's a filesharing site.
Thanks Alot Boss..... This is my mail pelijbiz@gmail.com
Re: What Are Your Best Web-programming Books? by henryobinna(m): 7:25am On Jul 18, 2015
Promhize:
Javascript and jQuery : Jon Duckett.
can you do.me a favor?

send me that Jon dukett's Javascript & jquery.

here's my mail, hobinna3.ho@gmail.com

thanks in advance
Re: What Are Your Best Web-programming Books? by capricornian(m): 11:46am On Jul 18, 2015
bizycodin:

May you please send to me as well..... sanyaolu.isaac@yahoo.com

thanks alot and i really appreciate
Re: What Are Your Best Web-programming Books? by capricornian(m): 11:47am On Jul 18, 2015
Promhize:

May you please sir, send to me as well..... sanyaolu.isaac@yahoo.com

thanks alot and i really appreciate
Re: What Are Your Best Web-programming Books? by nwankwoobioha: 5:01pm On Jul 18, 2015
You want to download the e books go to www.itebooks.org
Re: What Are Your Best Web-programming Books? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 18, 2015
bizycodin:

Sir, you're really on point. I use slim because of its simplicity, easy routing amongst others. Most importantly because d version of php d host I use is 5.4.3. Lumen is also a good one but d php requirement is higher. I would check out dat book on php security now!
thanks a lot sir, I would check SLIM, been running through the docs for about 30 minutes now.........
Re: What Are Your Best Web-programming Books? by bizycodin: 10:16pm On Jul 18, 2015
Jregz:

thanks a lot sir, I would check SLIM, been running through the docs for about 30 minutes now.........
Uwc sir. Enjoy ur development.. @pelizbiz@gmail.com, sanyolu.isaac@yahoo.com, pls I will send d files when work resumes fully on tuesday. Thanks for d patience.

(1) (Reply)

Remote Internship / Free Browsing Cheats For Mtn ��, Airtel ��, Glo, Ntel 9mobile And Ng-smile. / Who Can Create A Livescore Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.