Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers (18766 Views)

5 Hot Niches Nigerian Bloggers Underrate -Techinfo / The Truths About Blogging: My 2 Cents To Wannabe Nigerian Bloggers / Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by ednut1(m): 1:00pm On Jul 17, 2015
pa igbin do sumtin. i said it den. dis man cant do jack. if GEJ was clueless wat is PMB
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by justi4jesu(f): 1:00pm On Jul 17, 2015
Brownhacks:
from my point of observation the odds of this dollar issue infact is an advantage for bloggers and I am a Blogger too, though just started, to sum up everything you said you pay for hosting and domain for approximately 15k, hmmm do knw there are bloggers collecting 500$ check from adsense and affiliate networks monthly not even annually, entertainment bloggers can confirm that figure and other high traffic blogs can you compare that, not annually so I totally disagree with your post, it a higher for those starting a new blog and those not making a penny from there blogs.check my blog out on my signature maybe people here we learn one or two things on how to blog

Hmmm correct the mistake on your blog.
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by Richie0974: 1:01pm On Jul 17, 2015
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by kilode100(f): 1:02pm On Jul 17, 2015
arsetalks:
How did he lie? Can you educate me please.

Educate you??.. I no go school o.. But Everybody is saying the samething.

I will just go now sir grin grin
I no like trouble. tongue

1 Like

Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by Berrypie(f): 1:05pm On Jul 17, 2015
True, it is affecting every business oriented person.
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by arsetalks(m): 1:06pm On Jul 17, 2015
kilode100:

Educate you??.. I no go school o.. But Everybody is saying the samething.

I will just go now sir grin grin
I no like trouble. tongue
Will you like it if someone tells the world you said XYZ when in actual sense you said ABC?

Be honest. If only you had done a little research, you would have found out he did not say that.

Here is the article http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/ill-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-says-buhari/ - read the headline then read the body of the article, is anywhere in that article where the president said what the headline said?
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 17, 2015
arsetalks:
I was going to take this post seriously and read through until the OP said Buhari promised to make N1 equal to $1. Thats just silly. You are supposed to be a blogger and you have zero research culture. If you had done a little researcher, you would have known the word of the president was twisted.

If you are a blogger, and I call myself a blogger tooo, I think it is time I seriously consider what I am. Cos if you are a blogger and you come up with that rubbish, then you and I can't be in the same field.
lol....... u make sense
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by Teejayphillip(m): 1:07pm On Jul 17, 2015
We all know how porous our economy was before buhari assume the office... The task before these man is beyond his imagination...

We cnt expect him 2 perform miracle just so soon... He can only do his best... He hasnt spend upto 2months..

Ministers or no ministers,salaries are not being held.... He his trying 2 sanitize evry ministries...

Let all join hands together and let these man work... He wouldnt eradicate corruption,but it'll be reduced...

Naira will never equate dollar again,not in these lifetime.. But lets be rest assured,naira will surely get back to the value it was before
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 17, 2015
Naira too is going through a change
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by lordvamon(m): 1:08pm On Jul 17, 2015
Try using a different host... i recommend one.com....
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by sweetgala(m): 1:08pm On Jul 17, 2015
otunsman:
Buhari,during his campaign, promised to equate the naira with the dollar.His nonchalant attitude in appointing his cabinet who will start implementing his campaign promises fuel this.Jack of all trade.master of none.

Even if at that you expect him to do it overnight, when did Buhari become Professor Peller ! angry
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by kilode100(f): 1:10pm On Jul 17, 2015
arsetalks:
Will you like it if someone tells the world you said XYZ when in actual sense you said ABC?

Be honest. If only you had done a little research, you would have found out he did not say that.

Here is the article http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/ill-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-says-buhari/ - read the headline then read the body of the article, is anywhere in that article where the president said what the headline said?

Hian!!
Arsetalk, na àsewo thread I dey patronise for here o.. I no sabi anything at all infact I be Olodo with capital letter O. No waste your Apc/PDP fight on kilode100 o... She no get sense o..

You even put link join.

3 Likes

Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by sweetgala(m): 1:11pm On Jul 17, 2015
Teejayphillip:
We all know how porous our economy was before buhari assume the office... The task before these man is beyond his imagination...

We cnt expect him 2 perform miracle just so soon... He can only do his best... He hasnt spend upto 2months..

Ministers or no ministers,salaries are not being held.... He his trying 2 sanitize evry ministries...

Let all join hands together and let these man work... He wouldnt eradicate corruption,but it'll be reduced...

Naira will never equate dollar again,not in these lifetime.. But lets be rest assured,naira will surely get back to the value it was before

It might be great we don't even have a cabinet, because imagine 19 ministers and their staff and trying to pay them in these difficult times.

Baba saving us money we don't have

#sai Buhari

Mai Gaskiya
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 17, 2015
The detailed effect on bloggers on www.bizsworld..com
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 17, 2015
oh....no
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by arsetalks(m): 1:15pm On Jul 17, 2015
kilode100:

Hian!!
Arsetalk, na àsewo thread I dey patronise for here o.. I no sabi anything at all infact I be Olodo with capital letter O. No waste your Apc/PDP fight on kilode100 o... She no get sense o..

You even put link join.
This is a thread for bloggers and researching is one of the major attributes of a REAL blogger ( not the OP ) hence I needed to prove you wrong.

Not having a go at you.

1 Like

Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by sweetgala(m): 1:17pm On Jul 17, 2015
luigiajah:
The naira is quickly falling and nobody seems to be doing anything about it. Our President , Muhammadu Buhari isn't making issues better. As It stands he sacked the NNPC Board of Directors And He is yet to appoint a Minister Of Petroleum Resources. We all know that Nigeria's main source of income is from Crude Oil. Buhari promised to make $1 = N1 , yet we are seeing something worse than we expected, The fact that The APC accused the former president Goodluck Jonathan and Dieziani Allison Madueke (The previous Minister Of Petroleum Resources under the Goodluck Jonathan Administration) for being the cause of the fall of the Naira.

Every Nigerian can testify that the Naira has dropped more than 3 times since Mr Buhari came into power. Coming to the blogosphere, Almost all transactions bloggers make online are done in dollars.
A .com domain name on GODADDY costs around $9.99 which was previously around N1798 when a dollar was equal to N180 now it costs N2417 (an addition of N619). However, Bloggers can escape this by using coupons. You can check for godaddy coupons on google or here on my blog. Coupons would reduce the cost of the domain. A $0.99 coupon can get you a domain for N239.

Webmasters And Bloggers Using Google's Blogger are safe since Google hosts their blogs free of charge. However our counterparts on Wordpress and Other self hosted platforms would face something quite different. Yearly hosting On GODADDY costs around $46 which is an equivalent of N11,132 (previously Around N9000). The falling dollar poses a huge threat to webmasters,

However, For those who have Google Adsense On Their Blogs, They are safe if they keep having a high CPC ( cost per click) . Their earnings would keep them safe till the fall of the naira affects the price of goods,

High earning/spending bloggers who are also running ads on Facebook would be forced to reduce their ad budgets, Adwords Advertisers are not left out as well.

Many bloggers would be forced to remain on a sub domain , which is not good for many of us, Only Linda Ikeji has survived with a sub domain. However any blogger on a sub domain is never respected.

Domain names command authority and the fall of the naira will certainly affect us.

cc laalsticlala

cc ishilove

http://www.naijatechguy.com/2015/07/the-falling-naira-against-dollar-and.html

Your whole write up is flawed based on the devaluation of the Naira, any enterprising blogger knows the concept of investment and risk. I doubt any serious blogger would be complaining about an increase in Naira of less than 50% over the year for a domain, when said blogger can realise much more in income and just offset cost.

Has their income decreased No

Are the bloggers still reaching their audience like before Yes

Would a blogger have to soak garri because of currency fluctuations , I very much doubt
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by kilode100(f): 1:18pm On Jul 17, 2015
arsetalks:
This is a thread for bloggers and researching is one of the major attributes of a REAL blogger ( not the OP ) hence I needed to prove you wrong.

Not having a go at you.

Having a go at me ain't bad at all o..
You could ve said so instead of pasting this dry link.

Do you love skin to bone abi you na rubber you like??

Arsetalk.. I love your username. kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by ekenetheorg(m): 1:19pm On Jul 17, 2015
In truth, high dollar and low naira is better for bloggers who earn in dollars. They get paid per month and pay per year
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by arsetalks(m): 1:20pm On Jul 17, 2015
kilode100:

Having a go at me ain't bad at all o..
You could ve said so instead of pasting this dry link.

Do you love skin to bone abi you na rubber you like??

Arsetalk.. I love your username. kiss kiss
Rubber and all those, me no know wetin that one mean oo but I know one thing for sure, I hate anything rubber wink.

My username is from a site I own - arsetalks.com and it is referring to Arsenal not ars* talking. Purchased from another webmaster on here whose name I am not allowed to reveal.

2 Likes

Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by cluewebhost(m): 1:21pm On Jul 17, 2015
If extra 1000 in a whole year is a problem some people need to start considering new Business o!
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by kilode100(f): 1:23pm On Jul 17, 2015
arsetalks:
Rubber and all those, me no know wetin that one mean oo but I know one thing for sure, I hate anything rubber wink.

My username is from a site I own - arsetalks.com and it is referring to Arsenal not ars* talking. Purchased from another webmaster on here whose name I am not allowed to reveal.

Haaaaaaa!!!
E damo shocked
Haaa!! E don better for you o..

You be guy jor!!

Carry go Oga mi ...

Sai Buhari!!

4 Likes

Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by sweetgala(m): 1:23pm On Jul 17, 2015
I don't even get why people are so afarid of having lower value to the dollar, maybe it's time we start importing less and manufacturing locally and exporting more..

The Japanese Yen and the Chinese Yuan are both much less than the dollar, even worse than out Naira in comparison to the dollar.

The basis of the Chinese fiscal policy is the value of their Yuan
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by arsetalks(m): 1:29pm On Jul 17, 2015
sweetgala:

Your whole write up is flawed based on the devaluation of the Naira, any enterprising blogger knows the concept of investment and risk. I doubt any serious blogger would be complaining about an increase in Naira of less than 50% over the year for a domain, when said blogger can realise much more in income and just offset cost.

Has their income decreased No

Are the bloggers still reaching their audience like before Yes

Would a blogger have to soak garri because of currency fluctuations , I very much doubt
He is not a blogger to be honest. I did not even bother reading the post after the nonsense comment about Buhari. Have a site and few articles ( probably copied pasted ) do not make you a blogger. The Op is definitely not a blogger.

1 Like

Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 17, 2015
sweetgala:

Even if at that you expect him to do it overnight, when did Buhari become Professor Peller ! angry
He was making promises as if it was that easy.
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by Rosemary216(f): 1:45pm On Jul 17, 2015
Hmmmmm
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by sweetgala(m): 1:55pm On Jul 17, 2015
arsetalks:
He is not a blogger to be honest. I did not even bother reading the post after the nonsense comment about Buhari. Have a site and few articles ( probably copied pasted ) do not make you a blogger. The Op is definitely not a blogger.

An hobbyists
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by GodMode: 2:06pm On Jul 17, 2015
arsetalks:
What you have forgotten is that the dollar you receive, you are having to spend it here in Nigeria and inflation eats up virtually every of the so called gain.

It still affects those making money in naira..
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by BrainnewsNg(f): 2:11pm On Jul 17, 2015
toluine56:
Actually thought it'ld be of more gain to dem bloggers since they get dollar cheques

Thats it! Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Your Paypal Account Is Limit ? Want To Cashout Or Lifted Limit ? / Facebook Ranks Nigeria, Kenya Top In Africa As Mobile Active Users / Pls Help!how Do I Add A Forum Page To My Website?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.