Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers (18768 Views)

5 Hot Niches Nigerian Bloggers Underrate -Techinfo / The Truths About Blogging: My 2 Cents To Wannabe Nigerian Bloggers / Challenges Facing Nigerian Bloggers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by toluine56(m): 2:13pm On Jul 17, 2015
BrainnewsNg:

Thats it! Thank you
you're welcome
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by skeelz(m): 2:15pm On Jul 17, 2015
So you went into blogging so you can keep lying to those people with closed brains already looking for smtin to say... Buhari said he will turn N1 equal 1$,does dat even sound logical to u mr blogger? I'll be very much pleased if u can direct us to where n when he said dat
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by arsetalks(m): 2:19pm On Jul 17, 2015
GodMode:

It still affects those making money in naira..
The op didn't say this. He was talking of dollar earnings.
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by bamac(m): 3:12pm On Jul 17, 2015
Op, u better modify your post and remove that buhari promised a naira to a dollar b4 dem kill u here
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by mayorisaac: 3:15pm On Jul 17, 2015
Ben1975:
Receiving money online has never been so lucrative for us. If you are a person who does things like affiliate marketing or MLM just $99 is over 21,000 naira now but people are not waking up to that fact and many of these opportunities are free to join.

I have been discussing this on Nairaland for a while no but few people hear my english
have registered for SFI but i can't understand it
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by mosezky: 3:21pm On Jul 17, 2015
wealthmission:
still stand strong no matter the condition http://amebocity.com
who design dis site for you?
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by udemzyudex(m): 3:37pm On Jul 17, 2015
waiting for the counter thread by the OP undecided
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by bamidele029: 4:12pm On Jul 17, 2015
jaybee3:

Why should i take you serious if you slept through maths class?

I was wondering o, 3 times ke it's not even near 2 times . All these bloggers and lies angry
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by HiDee2(m): 4:13pm On Jul 17, 2015
luigiajah:
The naira is quickly falling and nobody seems to be doing anything about it. Our President , Muhammadu Buhari isn't making issues better. As It stands he sacked the NNPC Board of Directors And He is yet to appoint a Minister Of Petroleum Resources. We all know that Nigeria's main source of income is from Crude Oil. Buhari promised to make $1 = N1 , yet we are seeing something worse than we expected, The fact that The APC accused the former president Goodluck Jonathan and Dieziani Allison Madueke (The previous Minister Of Petroleum Resources under the Goodluck Jonathan Administration) for being the cause of the fall of the Naira.

Every Nigerian can testify that the Naira has dropped more than 3 times since Mr Buhari came into power. Coming to the blogosphere, Almost all transactions bloggers make online are done in dollars.
A .com domain name on GODADDY costs around $9.99 which was previously around N1798 when a dollar was equal to N180 now it costs N2417 (an addition of N619). However, Bloggers can escape this by using coupons. You can check for godaddy coupons on google or here on my blog. Coupons would reduce the cost of the domain. A $0.99 coupon can get you a domain for N239.

Webmasters And Bloggers Using Google's Blogger are safe since Google hosts their blogs free of charge. However our counterparts on Wordpress and Other self hosted platforms would face something quite different. Yearly hosting On GODADDY costs around $46 which is an equivalent of N11,132 (previously Around N9000). The falling dollar poses a huge threat to webmasters,

However, For those who have Google Adsense On Their Blogs, They are safe if they keep having a high CPC ( cost per click) . Their earnings would keep them safe till the fall of the naira affects the price of goods,

High earning/spending bloggers who are also running ads on Facebook would be forced to reduce their ad budgets, Adwords Advertisers are not left out as well.

Many bloggers would be forced to remain on a sub domain , which is not good for many of us, Only Linda Ikeji has survived with a sub domain. However any blogger on a sub domain is never respected.

Domain names command authority and the fall of the naira will certainly affect us.

cc laalsticlala

cc ishilove

http://www.naijatechguy.com/2015/07/the-falling-naira-against-dollar-and.html

Nice piece guy. What's a sub-domain hosting?
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by grandstar(m): 4:24pm On Jul 17, 2015
Ben1975:
Receiving money online has never been so lucrative for us. If you are a person who does things like affiliate marketing or MLM just $99 is over 21,000 naira now but people are not waking up to that fact and many of these opportunities are free to join.

I have been discussing this on Nairaland for a while no but few people hear my english

Don't mind these guys.

A devaluation really pays as their income is mostly in dollars and their expense, though in dollars is limited compared to their income.

The guy is simply searching for attention.
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by jaybee3(m): 4:29pm On Jul 17, 2015
bamidele029:

I was wondering o, 3 times ke it's not even near 2 times . All these bloggers and lies angry

It was during GEJ's presidency that the naira got devalued and the value of the dollar around that tine in the parallel market hovered between 210-220.

Therefore, 1.2 times is the magic multiple
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by OKorowanta: 5:03pm On Jul 17, 2015
Rope
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by ray48: 5:06pm On Jul 17, 2015
luigiajah:
The naira is quickly falling and nobody seems to be doing anything about it. Our President , Muhammadu Buhari isn't making issues better. As It stands he sacked the NNPC Board of Directors And He is yet to appoint a Minister Of Petroleum Resources. We all know that Nigeria's main source of income is from Crude Oil. Buhari promised to make $1 = N1 , yet we are seeing something worse than we expected, The fact that The APC accused the former president Goodluck Jonathan and Dieziani Allison Madueke (The previous Minister Of Petroleum Resources under the Goodluck Jonathan Administration) for being the cause of the fall of the Naira.
You ve cheapened the content of ur article by going into partisan politics. Besides Pres Buhari never promised to make one dollar to equal one Naira.

Every Nigerian can testify that the Naira has dropped more than 3 times since Mr Buhari came into power. Coming to the blogosphere, Almost all transactions bloggers make online are done in dollars.
A .com domain name on GODADDY costs around $9.99 which was previously around N1798 when a dollar was equal to N180 now it costs N2417 (an addition of N619). However, Bloggers can escape this by using coupons. You can check for godaddy coupons on google or here on my blog. Coupons would reduce the cost of the domain. A $0.99 coupon can get you a domain for N239.

Webmasters And Bloggers Using Google's Blogger are safe since Google hosts their blogs free of charge. However our counterparts on Wordpress and Other self hosted platforms would face something quite different. Yearly hosting On GODADDY costs around $46 which is an equivalent of N11,132 (previously Around N9000). The falling dollar poses a huge threat to webmasters,

However, For those who have Google Adsense On Their Blogs, They are safe if they keep having a high CPC ( cost per click) . Their earnings would keep them safe till the fall of the naira affects the price of goods,

High earning/spending bloggers who are also running ads on Facebook would be forced to reduce their ad budgets, Adwords Advertisers are not left out as well.

Many bloggers would be forced to remain on a sub domain , which is not good for many of us, Only Linda Ikeji has survived with a sub domain. However any blogger on a sub domain is never respected.

Domain names command authority and the fall of the naira will certainly affect us.

cc laalsticlala

cc ishilove

http://www.naijatechguy.com/2015/07/the-falling-naira-against-dollar-and.html
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by holyboss: 5:09pm On Jul 17, 2015
Ben1975:

Maybe your fomat of English is similar to that of Hon. Patrick grin

what's up with it really?

Have you created a thread one can peruse? Or give me some highlight.
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by Ben1975(m): 5:28pm On Jul 17, 2015
Every cloud has a silver lining -benefiting financially from the Naira drop in value is most definitely one of them.

That obviously isn't good for Nigeria as a whole but for online business people who receive money is dollars its a strange form of blessing

Misterlaby:
Does positive outweighs negative according to you now

1 Like

Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 17, 2015
bloggers that make money in dollars would enjoy.
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by mosezky: 5:31pm On Jul 17, 2015
wealthmission:

Any problems
yes oooo...
ur website too small 4 wide screen e.g laptop and co
i can still help u adjust it..you jus nid four changes in ur css style of ur template
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by Ben1975(m): 5:32pm On Jul 17, 2015
Hi holyboss

Better still visit the site ( check out my signature link below), then check out some of my previous posts if you have any questions mail me

Ben Ajose

holyboss:

Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by Ben1975(m): 5:38pm On Jul 17, 2015
Thanks cuz

How are your online projects going?

grandstar:

Don't mind these guys.

A devaluation really pays as their income is mostly in dollars and their expense, though in dollars is limited compared to their income.

The guy is simply searching for attention.

Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by grandstar(m): 5:47pm On Jul 17, 2015
Ben1975:
Thanks cuz

I am moving at snail speed but I am still moving. I should be ready in a week's time.

I might even be ready within 24 hours. I am presently a bit disorganized!
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by grandstar(m): 5:48pm On Jul 17, 2015
Ben1975:
Thanks cuz

I am moving at snail speed but I am still moving. I should be ready in a week's time.

I might even be ready within 24 hours. I am presently a bit disorganized!
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by sweetgala(m): 6:16pm On Jul 17, 2015
otunsman:
He was making promises as if it was that easy.

Ever heard the term "politicians"
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 17, 2015
Ben1975:

$99! Even the most lazy marketers can handle that. 90%+ Nigerians are living on one third of that.

I have been discussing this on Nairaland for a while now but few people hear my english;

Bro..forget that MLM and affiliate marketing thing. Those things are the biggest scam on the internet. The people who make big bucks from affiliate marketing are the organizers (owners) of the scheme and the advertisers. The publishers who are the bulk earn only a fraction of the whole bulk so don't be deceived. How can someone be earning less than $3USD for 6 months after joining an affiliate site while you would have checked the amount of cash you have spent on data for that 6 months which will be totaling close to N20k or even more...does it make sense?

Back to the topic...I charged about N150k for a project last month and when the guys referred someone to me for me to do the same job, i told them they would pay N320k and they were like WTF!
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 17, 2015
arsetalks:
I was going to take this post seriously and read through until the OP said Buhari promised to make N1 equal to $1. Thats just silly. You are supposed to be a blogger and you have zero research culture. If you had done a little researcher, you would have known the word of the president was twisted.

If you are a blogger, and I call myself a blogger tooo, I think it is time I seriously consider what I am. Cos if you are a blogger and you come up with that rubbish, then you and I can't be in the same field.
How funny, as a blogger I hope you know sentiments should not be a tool in your trade, but
I guess you can't be taken seriously, because your name says it all--- you speak with your a.rse

1 Like

Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 17, 2015
One lesson we Nigerians fail to understand... Never trust Politicians..

Most of us vote based on sentiments, tribe and the fake promises they dish out during campaign
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by Ben1975(m): 10:24pm On Jul 17, 2015
That is not true. What is affiliate marketing? It's the act of promoting offerings of a company independently and being paid commissions for doing it. If you don't pay your people they wont promote, so your company loses in the long run.

I am assuming you have had disappointments in the past and I am sorry. It's those few rotten programs that spoil it for the legitimate ones.

I am part of a great program that pays people who work to grow a business online. it is free to join and there are no compulsory fees ever.

So tell me how can you be scammed if you haven't paid any money??

The affiliate and MLM industry have made more millionaires than any other industry on earth.

1500+ newbie marketers start earning an income with our program every month.

If the program didn't pay people accordingly we wouldn't have 1.7 million marketers and 4 million members as a whole.

How can you be a scam for 17 years anyway? My program SFI was founded in 1998

Scam?? Ko si, pele

prince3009:

Bro..forget that MLM and affiliate marketing thing. Those things are the biggest scam on the internet. The people who make big bucks from affiliate marketing are the organizers (owners) of the scheme and the advertisers. The publishers who are the bulk earn only a fraction of the whole bulk so don't be deceived. How can someone be earning less than $3USD for 6 months after joining an affiliate site while you would have checked the amount of cash you have spent on data for that 6 months which will be totaling close to N20k or even more...does it make sense?
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by Ben1975(m): 10:30pm On Jul 17, 2015
Hi holyboss

Check out this thread I created: https://www.nairaland.com/2452219/how-get-most-online-business

Stay blessed

Ben Ajose

holyboss:

Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by simdam500(m): 10:56pm On Jul 17, 2015
Now blogger are complaining, what will happen to the visitors...?
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by jwina: 11:55pm On Jul 17, 2015
Ben1975:

$99! Even the most lazy marketers can handle that. 90%+ Nigerians are living on one third of that.

I have been discussing this on Nairaland for a while now but few people hear my english;
am interested in affliate marketing.I'd like you to highlight to a greenhorn on affliate marketing.
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by luigiajah(m): 6:36am On Jul 18, 2015
arsetalks:
He is not a blogger to be honest. I did not even bother reading the post after the nonsense comment about Buhari. Have a site and few articles ( probably copied pasted ) do not make you a blogger. The Op is definitely not a blogger.
have a site and few articles.. as you can see I'm a tech blogger and I wrote all my articles myself so just keep quiet .what do you know about blogging
Re: The Falling Naira Against The Dollar And How It Will Affect Nigerian Bloggers by arsetalks(m): 7:05am On Jul 18, 2015
luigiajah:
have a site and few articles.. as you can see I'm a tech blogger and I wrote all my articles myself so just keep quiet .what do you know about blogging
So there is an award for writing your own articles by yourselves? That was the level I was few years ago, when I write these days, I write because my writers are already busy.

And what do I know about blogging? 8 years experience, 3 awards, 15 workers, does that tell you something Mr.

Like I said before, if that's the rubbish you can come up with, you and I shouldn't be in same business.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Your Paypal Account Is Limit ? Want To Cashout Or Lifted Limit ? / Facebook Ranks Nigeria, Kenya Top In Africa As Mobile Active Users / Pls Help!how Do I Add A Forum Page To My Website?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.