Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials (8622 Views)

Osinbajo: Corrupt Officials Funding Anti-government Media War / My South/south Brothers, Whither You? / Umar Yakubu-Barde Recommends Amputation & Hanging For Corrupt Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by atlwireles: 1:34pm On Jul 17, 2015
francizy:

You aren't different from those APC guys who's good at attacking a person with different opinion from theirs. You should actually consider joining them bro..

Mr, I never quoted you, tell me who is attacking whom here? angry angry angry angry The comment I posted on your thread speaks for itself. I don't play your NL pretentiousness or reverse psychology. I hope you know better now.
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by francizy(m): 1:38pm On Jul 17, 2015
atlwireles:

Mr, I never quoted you, tell me who is attacking whom here? angry angry angry angry The comment I posted on your thread speaks for itself. I don't play your NL pretentiousness or reverse psychology. I hope you know better now.

Whatever bro. By the way, just consider my advice to you, APC will gladly embrace your likes.. angry
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by atlwireles: 1:40pm On Jul 17, 2015
francizy:

Whatever bro. By the way, just consider my advice to you, APC will gladly embrace your likes.. angry

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin nah you go tire.
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by disumusa: 1:41pm On Jul 17, 2015
francizy:
My Dear Great People,

There's been this trend especially during GEJ's tenure that the media and every other Nigerians outside the South East and South South seemed to project our politicians and government officials as corrupt. We all know that most Nigerian politcians are corrupt and it's not South East or South South thing alone.

To me, if any South East or South South governor/government official is found wanting, the present administration can go ahead and probe such person. However, if the administration decides to shield some certain set of people from It's zone/political party or any other zone from probe, that's it's business.

Let's see things this way, an attack on South East and South South politicians will send a message out there to whoever we vote for and will indeed make them buckle up. We need a corrupt free South East and South South, hence probing is welcomed.

When corruption has been eliminated from PDP, South East and South South, while others are set free to loot their regions dry, we all know what'll be the outcome right? Your guess is as good as mine.

Cc, barcanister, mogidi, dearpreye, whynotthetruth, oremussanctus, major466, biafranqueen, MizmyColi, Kaboninc, nortcentrallord, Ezenwammadu, SeverusSnape, lyntiffany, Sunnybobo3, peppyluv02, ECOTERRORS, tonychristopher...
nonsense
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by jstbeinhonest(m): 1:44pm On Jul 17, 2015
MizMyColi:

No, you should stop displaying crass ignorance.

Did you see a question mark after the question I asked?
What does that suggest to you?

I agree i might be d ignorant one here,but pls kindly explain wat dat question mark meant.
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by Appleyard(m): 1:46pm On Jul 17, 2015
francizy:

The bolded is what I've been talking about here. People from other region will only point accusing fingers at the South East/South South politicians as the corrupt set, leaving out their own. Make it a more realistic/true statement thus: all Nigerian politicians are corrupt and are criminals! Left for me, I won't fight for any SE/SS politician who is probed and found guilty because to me, it's good for the region.

Exactly what i meant! Corruption is a national problem, and if the fight against it is brought here and there, we should all be happy.

1 Like

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by SporaD8: 1:46pm On Jul 17, 2015
MizMyColi:

angry
I disagree with you here Francizy.
We as a people will resist any attempt to further malign and subjugate us as a people, while under the very auspices of our collective resources. Mbanu!

This is a federation.
If it is good for Okoro, then it is equally good for Kabiru and Segun.

#GoFigure
I don't think you get what the Op is trying to make u see.
Your reps at fed. level or LG that stole is won't share a dine with you. it is only for his/her pocket! So what's your gain supporting such people?
On the other hand,the fear of being prosecuted over corruption charges will compel someone to situp to their responsibilities.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by francizy(m): 1:49pm On Jul 17, 2015
disumusa:
makes sense

Thank you! cheesy
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:52pm On Jul 17, 2015
MizMyColi:

Ehen.
Though it was a question I merely asked, I guess I was subconscious of the fact that the name Nyako is/was synonymous with PDP.

He was among those that defected to APC and he was the man that wrote that treacherous letter to presidency accusing Jonathan of avenging the Biafra war mayhem on North by funding boko haram and allowing it fester..though he was impeached later on...when EFCC came after him, he ran away from the country...so he just returned after buhari was sworn in...EFCC then picked him up again... He's still same person known as Alhaji Magoro...

3 Likes

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by francizy(m): 1:53pm On Jul 17, 2015
atlwireles:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin nah you go tire.

angry
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by jstbeinhonest(m): 1:54pm On Jul 17, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Mizmycoli wrote CORE APC northerners...Is Nyako one...APC leadership has never recognized the renegade PDP defectors hence the confusion in NASS today... they shared all leadership positions allocating NONE to them hence Saraki and co played out a fast one on them...
cc.fulanimafia

Abeg stop the flim flam joor,d initial arguement was that Buhari was only persecuting SE/SSerns.We reminded u of Lamido,den u sed he was only persecuting PDP members,We r reminding u of Nyako, nd nw u r saying core APC..lol...going by ur arguement if ameachi is charged it wud stil a witch hunt.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by kaboninc(m): 1:54pm On Jul 17, 2015
SporaD8:
Your reps at fed. level or LG that stole is won't share a dine with you. it is only for his/her pocket! So what's your gain supporting such people?
On the other hand,the fear of being prosecuted over corruption charges will compel someone to situp to their responsibilities.

Anyone who is scared of being prosecuted over corruption charges is an amateur! Even if when he's pronounced guilty.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:03pm On Jul 17, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

Abeg stop the flim flam joor,d initial arguement was that Buhari was only persecuting SE/SSerns.We reminded u of Lamido,den u sed he was only persecuting PDP members,We r reminding u of Nyako, nd nw u r saying core APC..lol...going by ur arguement if ameachi is charged it wud stil a witch hunt.

Who are the "WE"?...Are you having an identity crisis?...Stand for yourself...Group is an illusion...I quoted your comment and you're yapping about nonexistent "We"...smh...gringrin Stand on your own and argue on what you know and understand...Don't write stuff that with a little push, you start fidgeting and seeking refuge under a "WE" identity... I quoted you not We...cheesy
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by francizy(m): 2:09pm On Jul 17, 2015
kaboninc:

Anyone who is scared of being prosecuted over corruption charges is an amateur! Even if when he's pronounced guilty.

Very valid point/statement..
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 17, 2015
francizy:

Very valid point/statement..

Seen my PM?
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by MizMyColi(f): 2:13pm On Jul 17, 2015
SporaD8:

I'm yet to see the big stick being wielded on any corrupt thieving politician.

Let's say I were a corrupt official, what would be there to be scared about when I can use the same money I stole to get my self bailed.mstewangry

1 Like

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by francizy(m): 2:15pm On Jul 17, 2015
dearpreye:

Seen my PM?

Replied two years ago.. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by Candyrain(m): 2:17pm On Jul 17, 2015
MizMyColi:

angry
I disagree with you here Francizy.
We as a people will resist any attempt to further malign and subjugate us as a people, while under the very auspices of our collective resources. Mbanu!

This is a federation.
If it is good for Okoro, then it is equally good for Kabiru and Segun.

#GoFigure

Kpomkwem cheesy
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by francizy(m): 2:17pm On Jul 17, 2015
MizMyColi:

[/b]

I'm yet to see the big stick being wielded on any corrupt thieving politician.

Let's say I were a corrupt official, what would be there to be scared about when I can use the same money I stole to get my self bailed.mstewangry

'

MyColi iyav vex.. grin
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by DMerciful(m): 3:29pm On Jul 17, 2015
Clearly politically you know nothing. If the born to rule succesfully paint your region as inherently corrupt that's the end of key leadership position for your region. Gradually you become a slave to them cos they are the only ones fit to rule. Esua tot he was fixing his hunger when he sold his birthright. But he lost what would have fixed a million hunger! If its about fixing wrong doers, why then does America refuse that their soldiers be tried at the international criminal court. Its good to have foresight else you walk into slavery yourself.
obailala:
You are defending the right of thieves who steal from the money meant for you simply because you think the police doing the arrest is from another ethnic group. If a south eastern governor loots his state, whose money has he looted?... Is he looting from hausas or is he looting from poor southeasterners?

This is the very shity mentality the typical black man has exhibited for centuries that makes us lower animals.
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 17, 2015
Excellent post.
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by DMerciful(m): 3:40pm On Jul 17, 2015
1after and SupremeTeam.........hope you guys know you're behaving like toddlers? Grow up guys. undecided
1after:
[s][/s]

Accursed yeebhoe fool, I have never in my life step in Osun before. I am as well proud of my region but you are ashamed of your cursed region. You are senile and reason you cry everyday on nairaland like a battered b.itch. The SW are not the cause of your badluck and misfortune, go worry about your sad beast region and stop foaming in the mouth. Yeebhoe dingbat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by obailala(m): 4:07pm On Jul 17, 2015
DMerciful:
Clearly politically you know nothing. If the born to rule succesfully paint your region as inherently corrupt that's the end of key leadership position for your region. Gradually you become a slave to them cos they are the only ones fit to rule. Esua tot he was fixing his hunger when he sold his birthright. But he lost what would have fixed a million hunger! If its about fixing wrong doers, why then does America refuse that their soldiers be tried at the international criminal court. Its good to have foresight else you walk into slavery yourself.
You and all others from the south east are just being unnecessarily paranoid... and it is the reaction to this paranoia that's painting the region as corrupt. Since the inception of this administration, FFK, Sule Lamido, Murtala Nyako, Steve Oronsaye and some others have also been accused of corruption and are also being investigated. The only reason no one hears about their own trials is because their people have not foolishly come out to defend them on the basis of a silly paranoia that "it is an attempt to paint their region black."

But the moment we heard the judgement on Nnamani and the case of Ohakim, some silly people jumped into conclusion that Igbos are being SINGLED OUT and persecuted. What kind of dirty reasoning is this?... We only end up washing our stinking linen in public by publicising the cases of these rogues even while we delude ourselves that we are defending our kinsmen.

Which other story best describes a corruption loving tribe if not the one that publicly defends criminals simply because they are of the same tribe?... In the peak of the madness, an Igbo group not too long ago even called for the release of Rev King from deathrow and they claimed he was being persecuted because he was Igbo (meanwhile the people Rev King murdered were also Igbo). What sort of madness is that?.. When would we stop embarrassing ourselves in public thinking we are smart

Never have I heard or seen any other major ethnic group in Nigeria publicly defend their own who is being tried for corruption all because he is their son; ONLY IGBOS DO THAT!... And you think the rest of Nigeria and the world doesnt see that?... What do you expect others to think about us when we condescend to such foolish levels?.... I would never forget what played out in the Stella Oduah case in a hurry.

In summary, if you are looking for who is painting the Igbos black as corrupt people, just look into the nearest mirror; we Igbos are 100% responsible for any kind of ethnic profiling we get.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by francizy(m): 4:10pm On Jul 17, 2015
DMerciful:
1after and SupremeTeam.........hope you guys know you're behaving like toddlers? Grow up guys. undecided

Please tell them.. Worst part is that, if you check the owners of these monikers, they may be men of over 50 years..
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by MizMyColi(f): 4:18pm On Jul 17, 2015
Francizy, I am not angry per se.

I will like to make my stand clear.

If I had an elder brother, no matter how bad he is, no matter how much I want to nail him for the sins he has committed, if I so much as sense that a group of people are planning to punish him, not because they care about my family, but because they just love to hate on us.
Though he might be in the wrong, the logical and human thing to do would be to shield him first from those people. Before they come to put my house in order, they should fix theirs.

Then in the comfort of our home, as someone who likes this hypothetical elder brother of mine, I will deal with him!
To be frank, I will show him pepper!
Next time, before he goes out there to disgrace our family name, he would think twice.

I made this submission/analogy, not as some NL keypad warrior, but as a SouthSouth/Easterner who is highly placed in government and influences decisions to a reasonable length.

The only time I wouldn't apply this method is when it is proven beyond doubt that nepotism, relativism and favoritism are given zero-tolerance in other regions or families as the case maybe.
Where there is fairness and equity in justice.

You'd agree with me it's a far cry from what we have today.
Which led me to positing earlier, when you mentioned "it's their business" that this is a federation, one which the federal character principle is supposedly employed.
If it is good for goose, then it should equally be for gander.

MuhdG in politics, virtually everything goes as long as they do not counteract a person's core values. Objectivity, Sentiments, and in extreme cases, the use of force.
I make my contributions based on convictions and perceptions, which are subject to change based on the presence of superior arguments or convictions.
Do not call my pot black when your kettle reeks of damning black charcoal, just because I do not sing a tune you love to listen to.
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by MizMyColi(f): 4:21pm On Jul 17, 2015
@Obailala, are you Obayaya?

Based on your last mention of my sobriquet, my take is this:-

There is no smoke without fire...
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by 1after: 4:31pm On Jul 17, 2015
francizy:

Please tell them.. Worst part is that, if you check the owners of these monikers, they may be men of over 50 years..

This is the hypocrisy I hate about you guys. The nonentity threw the first punch but you ignore and still quote it. You are comfortable with the ediot calling others Southwest but now foaming in the mouth. Mschew

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by francizy(m): 4:34pm On Jul 17, 2015
1after:

This is the hypocrisy I hate about you guys. The nonentity threw the first punch but you ignore and still quote it. You are comfortable with the ediot calling others Southwest but now foaming in the mouth. Mschew

Dude if you check my reply to that guy, I changed the South West to south west. I ignored you two thinking you'd probably come to your senses instead of calling the mods on your assès. Also, my post wasn't directed at you alone as I was referring to both of you.
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by francizy(m): 4:39pm On Jul 17, 2015
MizMyColi:
Francizy, I am not angry per se.

I will like to make my stand clear.

If I had an elder brother, no matter how bad he is, no matter how much I want to nail him for the sins he has committed, if I so much as sense that a group of people are planning to punish him, not because they care about my family, but because they just love to hate on us.
Though he might be in the wrong, the logical and human thing to do would be to shield him first from those people. Before they come to put my house in order, they should fix theirs.

Then in the comfort of our home, as someone who likes this hypothetical elder brother of mine, I will deal with him!
To be frank, I will show him pepper!
Next time, before he goes out there to disgrace our family name, he would think twice.

I made this submission/analogy, not as some NL keypad warrior, but as a SouthSouth/Easterner who is highly placed in government and influences decisions to a reasonable length.

The only time I wouldn't apply this method is when it is proven beyond doubt that nepotism, relativism and favoritism are given zero-tolerance in other regions or families as the case maybe.
Where there is fairness and equity in justice.

You'd agree with me it's a far cry from what we have today.
Which led me to positing earlier, when you mentioned "it's their business" that this is a federation, one which the federal character principle is supposedly employed.
If it is good for goose, then it should equally be for gander.

Wow! shocked

I quit agree with you, especially on the bolded. Well, this thread has actually made me reason in many directions and am inclined to agree with all of you. Thanks Miz, would have married you if not that I already have a wife.. grin
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by 1after: 4:41pm On Jul 17, 2015
francizy:

Dude if you check my reply to that guy, I changed the South West to south west. I ignored you two thinking you'd probably come to your senses instead of calling the mods on your assès. Also, my post wasn't directed at you alone as I was referring to both of you.

Stop being arrogant. You should have warn or correct the guy instead of now talking about some older men issssh. You cant denigrate my tribe and want me to smile at you, the mods are not fools nor hypocrite. Smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by francizy(m): 4:43pm On Jul 17, 2015
1after:

Stop being arrogant. You should have warn or correct the guy instead of now talking about some older men issssh. You cant denigrate my tribe and want me to smile at you, the mods are not fools nor hypocrite. Smh

I never insulted you tribe, so direct this your post to the guy you were exchanging words with..
Re: A Message To My Igbo And South-south Brothers About Corrupt Officials by 1after: 4:44pm On Jul 17, 2015
francizy:

I never insulted you tribe, so direct this your post to the guy you were exchanging words with..

Where did I say you insulted my tribe? Abeg step aside with your hypocrisy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Probe Ngige Now, Labour Tells Buhari, Begins Protest Today / Nigeria Establishes Virtual Court Rooms/Studios In Correctional Centres / Reps Query Water Resources Ministry Over N25m Borehole Cost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.