Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Can Someone Give Me At Least 10 Reasons Why I Should Get Married - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can Someone Give Me At Least 10 Reasons Why I Should Get Married (10601 Views)

My Wife’s Mother Would Say I Should Not Kill Her Daughter With Sex / ''if You Used This Go And Get Married'' / My Boyfriend Said I Should Buy Him Gucci Driver Shoes (screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Someone Give Me At Least 10 Reasons Why I Should Get Married by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 17, 2015
oloyede252:

12 reasons why you shouldn't get married right.
are you satisfied with what you just typed. cos the op ask for reasons to get married someone gave his or her opinion and you're here doing wha?helping the op or fighting a lost battle.

Didn't you comprehend the fact that that was a reply to the comments of the person that I quoted?

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Give Me At Least 10 Reasons Why I Should Get Married by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 17, 2015
freeage7:

I know u are not a muslim ok. Science and logic can not even explain how bros "J" turn water in to wine, how he made the blind to see, how baba divided the red sea. Don't be deceive, education, logic and what have u, all put together, u and I still cannot comprehend Him. So save ur logic ok. Show some respect to bros J ok.

And you calling him 'bros J' is your own way of showing respect?

Look, I never implied that Jesus was a sinner. All I did was use the statement you made 'that getting married was a Divine Commandment' to arrive at a reasonable conclusion as deduced from that statement.
Re: Can Someone Give Me At Least 10 Reasons Why I Should Get Married by oloyede252(m): 10:54pm On Jul 17, 2015
misssclassy:

Didn't you comprehend the fact that that was a reply to the comments of the person that I quoted?
Didn't you comprehend the fact that the op is looking for reasons to get married.either give your own reasons or stfu.
Re: Can Someone Give Me At Least 10 Reasons Why I Should Get Married by freeage7(m): 10:57pm On Jul 17, 2015
misssclassy:

Both of you are confused set of people grin grin

Ur "I too know" no go fit make u stay under any man. U think u know it all, for this reason u just can't see any man telling u what to do abi? And maybe u dey see small small change, abi? Make una dey Nairaland dey form foreign.
Re: Can Someone Give Me At Least 10 Reasons Why I Should Get Married by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 17, 2015
oloyede252:

Didn't you comprehend the fact that the op is looking for reasons to get married.either give your own reasons or stfu.

Listen here young man, if you went through the first page, you would notice that I gave my own contribution. What sensible contribution have you given asides quoting me to spill trash?

Take your annoying self out of my mentions if you have nothing sensible to say.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Give Me At Least 10 Reasons Why I Should Get Married by Slimzjoe(m): 10:59pm On Jul 17, 2015
I take back My words. Getting Married is Optional afterall. God did not Enforce it on Us. We have the Right to Choose if we want to or not.

I guess that's why the Apostle Paul also said "If your Right hand will Lead you to Trouble, Cut it Off".
The Ultimate aim of Our Existence, is Living for Christ and If Getting Married will Affect it, then don't get Married.

Cheerio

Cc: Misssclassy
Re: Can Someone Give Me At Least 10 Reasons Why I Should Get Married by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jul 17, 2015
freeage7:

Ur "I too know" no go fit make u stay under any man. U think u know it all, for this reason u just can't see any man telling u what to do abi? And maybe u dey see small small change, abi? Make una dey Nairaland dey form foreign.

What is this one saying? grin

Mr man, please you are deviating from the subject. If you can't argue reasonable, you should just quietly and shamefully take your leave.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Give Me At Least 10 Reasons Why I Should Get Married by freeage7(m): 11:01pm On Jul 17, 2015
oloyede252:

Give a reason and she will counter u. And I think it is not suppose to be like that. No be u ask for reasons? Why attacking people? U better go learn from people like dearpreye to teach u how to moderate a thread.
Re: Can Someone Give Me At Least 10 Reasons Why I Should Get Married by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 17, 2015
Slimzjoe:
I take back My words. Getting Married is Optional afterall. God did not Enforce it on Us. We have the Right to Choose if we want to or not.

I guess that's why the Apostle Paul also said "If your Right hand will Lead you to Trouble, Cut it Off".
The Ultimate aim of Our Existence, is Living for Christ and If Getting Married will Affect it, then don't get Married.

Cheerio

Cc: Misssclassy

He finally agrees that he was wrong grin

I win! cool
Re: Can Someone Give Me At Least 10 Reasons Why I Should Get Married by Slimzjoe(m): 11:02pm On Jul 17, 2015
freeage7:

oloyede252:

undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can Someone Give Me At Least 10 Reasons Why I Should Get Married by freeage7(m): 11:03pm On Jul 17, 2015
misssclassy:

What is this one saying? grin

Mr man, please you are deviating from the subject. If you can't argue reasonable, you should just quietly and shamefully take your leave.

I just told u ur problems nah. See am she don dey vex. Lol
Re: Can Someone Give Me At Least 10 Reasons Why I Should Get Married by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 17, 2015
freeage7:

I just told u ur problems nah. See am she don dey vex. Lol

You don't have what it takes to make me angry. In fact, you are not qualified to make me angry.

Do you know the energy one utilizes in getting angry?

I ain't got energy to waste.
Re: Can Someone Give Me At Least 10 Reasons Why I Should Get Married by Slimzjoe(m): 11:07pm On Jul 17, 2015
misssclassy:

He finally agrees that he was wrong grin

I win! cool

Lol... It wasn't a Competition anyway. You actually Sent me Back to My Bible to Clarify Stuffs grin. Been Long I Opened it. Especially The 'Letters' from Paul
Re: Can Someone Give Me At Least 10 Reasons Why I Should Get Married by oloyede252(m): 11:07pm On Jul 17, 2015
misssclassy:

Listen here young man, if you went through the first page, you would notice that I gave my own contribution. What sensible contribution have you given asides quoting me to spill trash?

Take your annoying self out of my mentions if you have nothing sensible to say.
your own contribution is the exact reason why the op doesn't want to get married.is that sensible to you?

Take your frustrated self out of my mentions if you don't want to get married no p,just don't discourage others.good night
Re: Can Someone Give Me At Least 10 Reasons Why I Should Get Married by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 17, 2015
Slimzjoe:

Lol... It wasn't a Competition anyway. You actually Sent me Back to My Bible to Clarify Stuffs grin. Been Long I Opened it. Especially The 'Letters' from Paul

grin grin tongue
Re: Can Someone Give Me At Least 10 Reasons Why I Should Get Married by oloyede252(m): 11:10pm On Jul 17, 2015
[quote author=Slimzjoe post=35985762]
undecided
Re: Can Someone Give Me At Least 10 Reasons Why I Should Get Married by oloyede252(m): 11:12pm On Jul 17, 2015
freeage7:

Give a reason and she will counter u. And I think it is not suppose to be like that. No be u ask for reasons? Why attacking people? U better go learn from people like dearpreye to teach u how to moderate a thread.
lolz.is she a mod
Re: Can Someone Give Me At Least 10 Reasons Why I Should Get Married by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 17, 2015
oloyede252:

your own contribution is the exact reason why the op doesn't want to get married.is that sensible to you?

Take your frustrated self out of my mentions if you don't want to get married no p,just don't discourage others.good night

What part of "Get Your Annoying Self Out Of My Mention" don't you understand?

In case you don't know, this is a discussion forum, and as such, everyone is free to share his/her opinion on an issue.
The fact that someone asks a question doesn't mean all comments regarding the question should be in form of a direct answer to that question.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Give Me At Least 10 Reasons Why I Should Get Married by freeage7(m): 11:14pm On Jul 17, 2015
misssclassy:

grin grin tongue
After all said and done. Lol. Misssclassy goodnight. Remain blessed.
Re: Can Someone Give Me At Least 10 Reasons Why I Should Get Married by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 17, 2015
freeage7:
After all said and done. Lol. Misssclassy goodnight. Remain blessed.
Good night too grin
Re: Can Someone Give Me At Least 10 Reasons Why I Should Get Married by oloyede252(m): 11:18pm On Jul 17, 2015
misssclassy:

In case you don't know, this is a discussion forum, and as such, everyone is free to share his/her opinion on an issue.
The fact that someone asks a question doesn't mean all comments regarding the question should be in form of a direct answer to that question.

ok
Re: Can Someone Give Me At Least 10 Reasons Why I Should Get Married by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jul 17, 2015
Companionship is sweet, having someone to fall on when the whole world seems to be on top of you is ''Mr & Mrs Smith''.....

Well, that's not enough reason to consider any guy out there, but here are reasons that shouldn't make you not consider marriage

1. You're supper independent
2. You're afraid you'll not find someone to love you completely
3. You're are afraid when you do find ''the one'' you might not be good enough for them
4. Because of the stereotypical ideas held about marriage by some individuals who never even gave their best in it (marriage) or are not even married yet
5. Or maybe because your own parents never modelled what marriage should be like
6. Or maybe your just a control freak
7. Or being under some form of authority where you're expected to summit isn't your thing
8. Or maybe you think s.ex is overrated and you feel like it's the only reason why people get married in the first place

Babe, there can be more reasons you should not choose to not get married
I here was one time feminist, super independent, I-can-do-it-all-don't-need-a-man coz what a man can do a woman can do blah blah blah... But I only didn't want to get married for the wrong reasons

That being said, the only reason I think one shouldn't get married is if you have a calling that equals marriage I.e. Mission or you're career oriented coz you want to make some real good money to go save lives somewhere in the world or are into foundations or just doing something to help the society and help make the world a better place... Marriage is a calling and is not for everyone.

If you can't handle yourself, I don't see how you'll be able to handle someone else and make children to make the society. You're not gonna be married? You're not allowed to lead a usual lifestyle, take Mo Abudu for instance - help society, be a nun (I wanted to be one), take Jesus Christ and Paul the apostle for example.... Then you would have lived a fulfilled life coz marriages are meant to help the society(that's a topic for another season).

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Give Me At Least 10 Reasons Why I Should Get Married by IsaacBuchi(m): 11:50pm On Jul 17, 2015
Hello op!
Been reading thru the thread..funny arguments tho...

For those disturbing my misssclassy be careful.....easy miss...ur fire is fearsome

Back to the op. I can't judge that you should marry or not. There is no rule about what you choose.
The only thing thing I know is that those who were single in the bible were either eunuchs or had a reason or let's say purpose: i.e to focus on using their lives to serve God and bring more people to his fold.

Every man must have a goal or pursuit that brings him satisfaction (that is the secret/essence of life & happiness) So if u have one aside marriage, fine and good.

Well since I cant advice you let me tell you 10 reasons why I may consider marriage, maybe wld suit or not suit you.

1) Giving life to someone brings joy.
2) Knowing that my sacrifice, my daily struggle is making someone happy brings satisfaction
3) if I made all the money & ate it alone I won't be happy. I can spend on orphanage and any other body, but I don't think these latter people wld appreciate it the way my family would. There is this real & inner satisfaction even when unexpressed that family gives in return because of the love and care u have given them.
4) Life is made of stages. when I mean stages, ur friends would all leave u to form their lives. family might be all the real friend you can have. Sure someone would say u can find friends at different ages. But how easy is that? Even if u do find how easy is it to find people of different ages, and stages who deeply understand each other's past and experiences.
5) Our environment is not yet conducive enough to tolerate single old people. No one feels good neglected by the community.
6)Family is for matured minds who have to manage people. Nothing feels better like been the boss. *winks*
7) With careful selection of mate loneliness can be reduced as compared with singleness.
coolOld age can be a trying time. Only family could be ur best source of support.
9) Children are a gift and blessing for the present and in the future. They make us happy.
10) It is not good for the man to continue alone says the Holy Book

Singleness is good. If you can make room for it. Good, esp if u have what would bring u satisfaction apart from a mate.

Family is full of thorns, but in the hand of a skilled gardener a large garden of roses can grow.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Give Me At Least 10 Reasons Why I Should Get Married by An0nimus: 12:08am On Jul 18, 2015
All these IGG sef. I acknowledge your present stand OP but should you meet Prince Sharming tomorrow and somehow find yourself getting married, remember to open a pre-wedding photoshoot thread make I help like the pishure tongue
Re: Can Someone Give Me At Least 10 Reasons Why I Should Get Married by MsBliss(f): 12:10am On Jul 18, 2015
yomi007k:

Babe bone, majority of em don't have enuf logical reasons n dey know it. They r just SCARED to admit.

FEAR is wat differentiates me from em.
So true
Re: Can Someone Give Me At Least 10 Reasons Why I Should Get Married by MsBliss(f): 12:11am On Jul 18, 2015
lilmax:
i got that,the “sex mate thing“ came from that “you are not a fan of premarital sex“

now the question is what kind of relationship do you wish to have? Or you just want a lonely life without relationships?
I just need solid logical reasons why I should get married .
Re: Can Someone Give Me At Least 10 Reasons Why I Should Get Married by MsBliss(f): 12:14am On Jul 18, 2015
naijainfogalery:

well the truth is i would first of all advice you to stay away from where you are currently you know why ? All you see around you are victims of love, i have seen people in love i mean husband and wives that are in love married for several years and its beautiful in the sense that they quarrel once in a while but their make up is usually awesome it makes them stronger, if you see them u will envy love, my dear people hav gotten this love thing twisted.

one day u will find a man that will love u crazy. Marriage is the sweetest thing ever trust me, it has its own ups and downs, quarrel must happen, argument is almost everyday lol, but the love, companion , friendship superceeds all the hurts.

I cant wait to get that medal (seeing you getting married to the love of your life)
You are wise and most of the things you wrote up there are true.

when it is being described (marriage) like you did,it sounds great buh the very opposite is what I see around me.
Re: Can Someone Give Me At Least 10 Reasons Why I Should Get Married by MsBliss(f): 12:16am On Jul 18, 2015
feran14:

dont get married. you obviously dont want it. or have not found someone you love enough to hey married to

The former is obviously the answer .
Re: Can Someone Give Me At Least 10 Reasons Why I Should Get Married by lilmax(m): 12:27am On Jul 18, 2015
MsBliss:

I just need solid logical reasons why I should get married .
you are not even sure about what you need smh
Re: Can Someone Give Me At Least 10 Reasons Why I Should Get Married by raydatluvs(m): 12:31am On Jul 18, 2015
Frankly, I don't see anybody convincing her here cos her mind is made up. Wud take more dan words to convince someone whose mind is negatively made up with regards sometin . she wud need to give herself a reorientation cos she seems to have heard and seen 5he terrible parts of marriage.

Well, nobody needs to force you to marry, i believe we shud do wateva wud make us happy so if getting marri3d wud seem like a bondage to you, pls don't so u dun destroy the second party involved.

My only kobo...
Re: Can Someone Give Me At Least 10 Reasons Why I Should Get Married by yomi007k(m): 12:32am On Jul 18, 2015
lilmax:
you are not even sure about what you need smh
She needs 10 logical reasons why she shud get married.

Is that clear enuf?
Re: Can Someone Give Me At Least 10 Reasons Why I Should Get Married by lilmax(m): 12:35am On Jul 18, 2015
yomi007k:

She needs 10 logical reasons why she shud get married.

Is that clear enuf?
nah she‘s just confused

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Finding It Difficult Managing N80k Salary In Lagos With Family.what Shall I Do? / Architectural Design Of A House For Two Wives / Please Recommend A Good Product Of Chest Freezer For Me To Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.