Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,318 members, 7,836,375 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government (40930 Views)

EFCC Returns Seized 48 Houses To Timipre Sylva / For Freezing My $15 Million, EFCC Should Pay Me Extra $200 Million-patience / BREAKING: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by deejayALFY(m): 1:07pm On Jul 18, 2015
SAI BABA PMB....

GLAD TO SEE THE WOLRD SHOW MUCH RESPECT @ THE MENTION OF YOUR NAME AND OUR DEAR NATION ONCE AGAIN AFTER MANY DECADE OF MISS RULE AND DISRESPECTFUL POLICY OF OTHER WORLD LEADERS TOWARDS US...MANY MORE GREAT THINGS TO COME..

ALL HAIL PMB MY HERO

#ThisChangeHasRestoredOurGoodImage

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by shaqhead: 1:08pm On Jul 18, 2015
Aitee1:
So it was just mere hatred for oga Jonah since ;DD grin

Oga Jonah it's official you were hated all round the globe just go and rest cos your enemies would have committed suicide if you had won a second term!
Hate? Rilly?
In ds 21st century cashless economy wt our anti-money laundry laws that proscribes carrying heavy cash around, it beats simple logic that u find it comforting that a country stashes money in a jet for whatevr legitimate reason!

Even ur bank regulates how much u wiithdraw in cash evryday!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by omoiyalayi(m): 1:14pm On Jul 18, 2015
ApcSucks:
The money they conspired with apc to label gej bad names has been returned

Ogun go punish zuma and apc

I recommend a very chilled water 4 u 2 cool ur temper

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by deltapikin(m): 1:14pm On Jul 18, 2015
Even the cash sent through Bank was also seized. That is to show how far these countries will go to frustrate the war against boko haram. These countries are also the ones selling arms to the terrorists without due process or where are they getting their arms from?

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by Primme(m): 1:18pm On Jul 18, 2015
Nigerian! Is it that our former rulers are selfish or foolish? Nigeria money seized mere by SA since 2014 & former administration were looking & quite & SA were using it for their growth & here in Nigeria we are suffering. Now tell upon all the chains of certificate holds by various Nigerian especially, those at the top... Who is fool & who is wise? We hope dat PMB uses all the money that are returned & those dat will be returned in d future judiciously & religiously for d betterment of our grt Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by Ayameze2015(m): 1:18pm On Jul 18, 2015
anigold:

bros so u were among those that believed this compaign abrakadabra... Seriously Nigerian Government to pay unemployment benefits to the unemployed when there are hundreds of greedy vultures called Politicians in Abuja waiting for their slice of the National cake....
guy i don wait tire....so na scam
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by Robinhood477: 1:18pm On Jul 18, 2015
Georgekyrian:
pls how can I get this package?
nah how Many u want
dude i need money now..oo
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by samadexy(m): 1:19pm On Jul 18, 2015
Funny enough i didn't mention anyone's name.
You were the one that mentioned GEJ..and to spoil it all you said he has not been charged with any crime.. W shocked W
Have you ever heard of anything called the "court of the masses" GEJ is already a condemned criminal there.
This thread is talking about funds seized under GEJ's administration.. TRUE or FALSE??
Do you realize that is the first time in the history of Nigeria that a president will connive with individual to illegally smuggle cash in the name of arms procurement with private jet and without the involvement of relevant military authorities. This is just 1 out several hundreds of crimes perpetrated by GEJ.
Yet someone will come here and say he has not been charged. Bro, you need a bottle of cold ZOBO embarassed

bushdoc9919:

You can critique GEJ....without all that nasty language.

And so far....he has not yet been charged with any crime.

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 18, 2015
Firefire:
Thank God.

The action of the past administration in this matter is purely against the Anti-Money Laundering / combating the financing of terrorism regulations of CBN. AML/CFT REGULATION (2009).

How would an organized and sovereign nation stack money in suitcases?

“President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration was forced to resort to the alternative market to obtain arms when western powers blocked every access to the formal arms market but the cash were seized both at the airport and in the bank”.

I understand the predicament of the then government in procuring arms, this does not warrant this approach of moving ‘raw-cash’ across countries.

We must learn from this and move forward as a nation.

Shalom!
That is exactly where our problems lie, leaders beleiving they cannot procure arms from other nations willing to sell as if the western nations own the world we live in. russia and china for example.
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by abokikhalifa: 1:21pm On Jul 18, 2015
ApcSucks:

you see our stupid you can be? zuma nd Jonathan how? waiting concern light and darkness? na songo go punish u self

1 Like

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by richidinho(m): 1:22pm On Jul 18, 2015
all4naija:

Are you out of your mind?! That is not even up to =N=500 million. $15 million is about =N=300 million. Yet some ignorant idiots click like to that post. Get your head checked! angry lipsrsealed cry cry

Mumu ...how much is $1.5m then?

1 Like

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by DaBullIT(m): 1:23pm On Jul 18, 2015
Robinhood477:
hour money hmmmm

Why did i just google berner marijuana cigarette >??
grin grin

That said , people full of hatred know the truth , but they out of hate are choosing not to accept it

Monies are being recovered

Fraud cases being prosecuted

International support being gathered

But no , They still won't accept

In time everybody will see and just like barcanista is being persecuted for his posts in the past

Several people will be quoted and reminded and insulted because it doesn't take a genius to understand that Nigeria is moving forward

Psychologically, Mentally, Morally, Socially and Financially ,

It will take some time and some really hard decisions but #IBelieveinBuhari

4 Likes

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by TolaniLuv: 1:24pm On Jul 18, 2015
We want pic of the money
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by abokikhalifa: 1:25pm On Jul 18, 2015
Joejonah:
Let them pay interest for that money they siezed.

They have no right whatsoever to seize our money meant for business.
why?

1 Like

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by no2fuks(m): 1:26pm On Jul 18, 2015
Bleep
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by OgaJonah(m): 1:26pm On Jul 18, 2015
OTUOKE DULLARD don cheat Nigeria. He ve been looting our currency

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by discusant: 1:32pm On Jul 18, 2015
If not that Dasuki clarified issues then that the money was to buy Nigeria arms, the SW and its media had concluded that Jonathan was buying arms and ammunition for Niger Delta militants.

Hard to see why SW is mortally afraid of Nigeria breaking up.
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by zonties1(m): 1:32pm On Jul 18, 2015
denkyw:
hope buhari doesn't embezzle it
and who told u is up to dat or did he even luk like a man DAT can get carried away with things of d world... he manages wateva Nigerians gave him unlike... am nt mentioning names here o.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by lexy2014: 1:32pm On Jul 18, 2015
ApcSucks:

so apc connived with zuma in this matter?

1 Like

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 18, 2015
richidinho:

Mumu ...how much is $1.5m then?
Okay. I use the rate my father gave me long time ago. I just googled the currency exchange rate for Naira against the dollar. But you are completely wrong. $1.5 million gives me =N=298.5 million. The $15 million is =N=2.985 billion.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by DaBullIT(m): 1:35pm On Jul 18, 2015
ademola721gmai:
That is exactly where our problems lie, leaders beleiving they cannot procure arms from other nations willing to sell as if the western nations own the world we live in. russia and china for example.

Sensitive decisions have to be made and a lot of people lie thier way out of mess

But the reality is GEJ's administration lied

Granted the US refused to sell weapons to US , But what's the reason ? Arms are being diverted to the terrorists / being misused

That's not a concern to some people as long as they are screaming GEJ till 2019 , There was a story of soldiers tipping Boko Haram members off about the coming of the Army , But that's not a concern either , The reality is US will not sit back and let Nigeria Purchase helicopters that some eediots will hire a libyan terrorist to fly and attack several places in one fell swoop and that's a very reasonable excuse from USA

Now , even if US did refuse to sell weapons to Nigeria and shopping from China or Russia could strain relationships , That's not an excuse to HIRE A PRIVATELY OWNED JET , move CASH MONEY to another AFRICAN COUNTRY , without or with ARMY'S involvement accompanied by AN ISREALI CONTRACTOR AND 2 PRIVATE CITIZENS , NOT EVEN MEMBERS OF THE FORCES

My take is The funds is not for weapons purchase at all , It doesn't make any sense , IF BOKO HARAM can get their weapons within the african continent , I AM SURE A FEW PEOPLE WITH GOVERNMENT'S LEGAL BACKING can get enough weapons even apache helicopters as well

IT IS A FARCE , BUT THE SCREAMERS AND WAILERS WILL NOT FACE REALITY

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by cabjoy(m): 1:38pm On Jul 18, 2015
I am tired of hearing this kind news

Option for my interst is all looted fund should be shared to all Nigerians via bank acct
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by zonties1(m): 1:43pm On Jul 18, 2015
all4naija:

Are you out of your mind?! That is not even up to =N=500 million. $15 million is about =N=300 million. Yet some ignorant idiots click like to that post. Get your head checked! angry lipsrsealed cry cry
are u crazy? we r talking of billions of naira here u r talking sh*t...do u even knw wat dollar is nw in 9ja currency? 235 per $1...we r talking of 3 billion +...so get dat 300 million ko N3 ni.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 18, 2015
zonties1:
are u crazy? we r talking of billions of naira here u r talking sh*t...do u even knw wat dollar is nw in 9ja currency? 235 per $1...we r talking of 3 billion +...so get dat 300 million ko N3 ni.
Don't quote me in your pathetic life. The guy claims it to total =N=37 billion. Shut the f**k up, you i d i o t! Smelling Naira currency! angry lipsrsealed cry cry cry
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 18, 2015
Firefire:
Thank God.

The action of the past administration in this matter is purely against the Anti-Money Laundering / combating the financing of terrorism regulations of CBN. AML/CFT REGULATION (2009).

How would an organized and sovereign nation stack money in suitcases?

“President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration was forced to resort to the alternative market to obtain arms when western powers blocked every access to the formal arms market but the cash were seized both at the airport and in the bank”.

I understand the predicament of the then government in procuring arms, this does not warrant this approach of moving ‘raw-cash’ across countries.

We must learn from this and move forward as a nation.

Shalom!

Don't paint things. With Boko haram slaughtering Nigerians everyday, a sensible government can do anything to protect their citizens.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by Kangol99(m): 1:54pm On Jul 18, 2015
Say Buhari!

1 Like

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by Firefire(m): 1:56pm On Jul 18, 2015
chuna1985:

Don't paint things. With Boko haram slaughtering Nigerians everyday, a sensible government can do anything to protect their citizens.

Yes! including following the rule of law...& International best practices.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 18, 2015
Firefire:

Yes! including following the rule of law...& International best practices.

Including getting the weapons @ all costs. Both legally n illegally.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by Firefire(m): 2:00pm On Jul 18, 2015
chuna1985:

Including getting the weapons @ all costs. Both legally n[b] illegally[/b].

Following the illegal route results into something like what we see in SA.

A sovereign nation can source weapons through any means legally/illegally without moving physical cash,

1 Like

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by zonties1(m): 2:00pm On Jul 18, 2015
all4naija:

Don't quote me in your pathetic life. The guy claims it to total =N=37 billion. Shut the f**k up, you i d i o t! Smelling Naira currency! angry lipsrsealed cry cry cry
u r very stup*d for wat u just said... who d heck r u dat u b using dat foul n God forsakin tongue 2 shower cause on ur dry skull...u dumb ass niqqa.. if really knw me u will stop. xchangin words with me...oloshii omo cool
all4naija:

u r very stup*d for wat u just said... who d heck r u dat u b using dat foul n God forsakin tongue 2 shower cause on ur dry skull...u dumb ass niqqa.. if really knw me u will stop. xchangin words with me...oloshii omo

1 Like

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by olaide721(m): 2:11pm On Jul 18, 2015
ApcSucks:

Where were u when dasuki sambo claim the money transfer was cried out indeed? Abi dasuki is also an APC supporter?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos Of President Buhari With Service Chiefs Today / Governor Ikpeazu Turns Goalkeeper, Dives To Make Football Save (PHOTOS) / Buhari Asks MTN To Reduce Data Prices For Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.