Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,310 members, 7,836,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government (40929 Views)

EFCC Returns Seized 48 Houses To Timipre Sylva / For Freezing My $15 Million, EFCC Should Pay Me Extra $200 Million-patience / BREAKING: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by Ayietim(m): 2:11pm On Jul 18, 2015
How can you stay ahead of the game? How can you grow your business beyond your wildest imagination? You just have to DISRUPT yourself. How? Find out:

https://ayietim./2015/07/18/disrupt-yourself-often-in-order-to-stay-ahead-of-the-game/.
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by rusher14: 2:12pm On Jul 18, 2015
DaBullIT:

Sensitive decisions have to be made and a lot of people lie thier way out of mess

But the reality is GEJ's administration lied

Granted the US refused to sell weapons to US , But what's the reason ? Arms are being diverted to the terrorists / being misused

That's not a concern to some people as long as they are screaming GEJ till 2019 , There was a story of soldiers tipping Boko Haram members off about the coming of the Army , But that's not a concern either , The reality is US will not sit back and let Nigeria Purchase helicopters that some eediots will hire a libyan terrorist to fly and attack several places in one fell swoop and that's a very reasonable excuse from USA

Now , even if US did refuse to sell weapons to Nigeria and shopping from China or Russia could strain relationships , That's not an excuse to HIRE A PRIVATELY OWNED JET , move CASH MONEY to another AFRICAN COUNTRY , without or with ARMY'S involvement accompanied by AN ISREALI CONTRACTOR AND 2 PRIVATE CITIZENS , NOT EVEN MEMBERS OF THE FORCES

My take is The funds is not for weapons purchase at all , It doesn't make any sense , IF BOKO HARAM can get their weapons within the african continent , I AM SURE A FEW PEOPLE WITH GOVERNMENT'S LEGAL BACKING can get enough weapons even apache helicopters as well

IT IS A FARCE , BUT THE SCREAMERS AND WAILERS WILL NOT FACE REALITY

Sensible post.
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by eliwa47(m): 2:14pm On Jul 18, 2015
At least, that's something.
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jul 18, 2015
zonties1:
u r very stup*d for wat u just said... who d heck r u dat u b using dat foul n God forsakin tongue 2 shower cause on ur dry skull...u dumb ass niqqa.. if really knw me u will stop. xchangin words with me...oloshii omo cool u r very stup*d for wat u just said... who d heck r u dat u b using dat foul n God forsakin tongue 2 shower cause on ur dry skull...u dumb ass niqqa.. if really knw me u will stop. xchangin words with me...oloshii omo
Oh...shut up! You i d i o t! Are you trying to intimidate me or what? angry angry lipsrsealed
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by mutw(m): 2:17pm On Jul 18, 2015
Taylor86:

mumu

onye ara
baba is truly working because he is able to recorver and correct the goofs exhibited by JONATHAN

1 Like

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by SpencerLewis(m): 2:21pm On Jul 18, 2015
Aitee1:
So it was just mere hatred for oga Jonah since gringrin

Oga Jonah it's official you were hated all round the globe just go and rest cos your enemies would have committed suicide if you had won a second term!
See this small fatima(sorry fatty bom bo....) talking trash.
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by Juxtified(m): 2:21pm On Jul 18, 2015
bright007:
its our money
Your "Disclaimer" made me laugh. If u're not responsible for what u pasted with ur own hands, then who is?
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by lastpage: 2:21pm On Jul 18, 2015
Firefire:
Thank God.

The action of the past administration in this matter is purely against the Anti-Money Laundering / combating the financing of terrorism regulations of CBN. AML/CFT REGULATION (2009).

How would an organized and sovereign nation stack money in suitcases?

“President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration was forced to resort to the alternative market to obtain arms when western powers blocked every access to the formal arms market but the cash were seized both at the airport and in the bank”.

I understand the predicament of the then government in procuring arms, this does not warrant this approach of moving ‘raw-cash’ across countries.

We must learn from this and move forward as a nation.

Shalom!

South African Govt:

The South African Government has returned $9.3m seized from the Nigerian government, over the failed yet controversial arms deal

Per Second News can confirm.

The South African Revenue Service (SARS) seized the funds at Lanseria airport, northwest of Johannesburg, on Sept. 5, 2014. The funds held at the SA central bank was finally released to the Nigerian government.

Per Second News gathered from a top security source Tuesday that the money may have finally been paid into one of the numerous government's accounts operated by the former National Security Adviser (NSA) retired Colonel Sambo Dasuki.

Our correspondent gathered that the money was quietly returned to the former NSA before he handed over the mantle of leadership as the NSA, retired Major General Babagana Monguno, on Tuesday afternoon.

The seizure of the $9.3 million drew heavy controversies that had exacerbated tensions between the two countries with counter accusations from both Nigeria and the South African governments.

Relations between Nigeria and South Africa have not been at their best, particularly between the Zuma and Jonathan administrations.

According to a South African Presidency source “By returning this money you get friendship, loyalty and an opportunity where President Buhari is willing to work with us to lead the continent and speak with one voice.”

“Instead of Nigeria second-guessing us all the time, we will compare notes and stop fighting for things like the United Nations Security Council seat that’s not even permanent,” the source said.

“Nigeria is a strategic country that South Africa cannot ignore. It’s a big market. It’s possible South African companies make more money in Nigeria than in South Africa.”

It is believed that South Africa also returned another $5.7 million seized from Nigeria, money which was purportedly to buy arms including 50 M-75 cannons and 200,000 rounds of ammunition. Per Second News learnt that former vice president Atiku Abubakar, using his closeness to South Africa’s President Jacob Zuma settled the rift.

Read it here: http://www.persecondnews.com/index.php/psn-news/item/4048-south-africa-returns-nigeria-s-seized-9-3-million

Add that $40,000 recovered from former NSA Dasuki's bedroom to it, that is the interest they paid on the money!
Let him refund the rest to the account of the Federal Govt

undecided undecided
PMB just dey start, when he is thru, some people will be shaking and vomiting money! undecided undecided

Lastpage!

6 Likes

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by Nayok(m): 2:22pm On Jul 18, 2015
Who are †нε two israelites and a nigerian arrested and where are they?

1 Like

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by kindredspirit(m): 2:22pm On Jul 18, 2015
Firefire:

Yes! including following the rule of law...& International best practices.

The NPA said it found with the suspects, an invoice for a helicopter and armaments meant for Nigeria.
While the furore created by the cash seizure was yet to settle, South African authorities again seized another $5.7 million transferred by Societe D’Equipments Internationale of Nigeria, to South African arms company, Cerberus Risk Solutions, for the procurement of arms. [/quote]

Firefire, isn't it curious also that even when another tranche of funds was transferred following " the rule of law & international best practices" in the bid to procure arms, the SA government also seized it under another pretext? Can you rationalize this?
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 18, 2015
Firefire:

Following the illegal route results into something like what we see in SA.

A sovereign nation can source weapons through any means legally/illegally without moving physical cash,

Didn't u know nigeria was blocked from procuring weapons
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by obailala(m): 2:30pm On Jul 18, 2015
ApcSucks:
The money they conspired with apc to label gej bad names has been returned

Ogun go punish zuma and apc
[size=13pt]The foolishness of Jonathan supporters transcends all human understanding.

I suppose it was APC that advised GEJ to carry $15million CASH into another man's country without considering the necessity to at least place a diplomatic phone call to the SA presidency first.

I suppose GEJ also intimated APC of the details of this secret transaction, hence APC went through the back and conspired with SA to sieze the money.

But really, what kind of brain even sits in the skulls of some of you Jonathanians? angry[/size]

5 Likes

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by silvernus0: 2:30pm On Jul 18, 2015
ApcSucks:

GBAM.........................
;
;
;
;
;
;
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by lastpage: 2:33pm On Jul 18, 2015
kindredspirit:

The NPA said it found with the suspects, an invoice for a helicopter and armaments meant for Nigeria.
While the furore created by the cash seizure was yet to settle, South African authorities again seized another $5.7 million transferred by Societe D’Equipments Internationale of Nigeria, to South African arms company, Cerberus Risk Solutions, for the procurement of arms.

Firefire, isn't it curious also that even when another tranche of funds was transferred following " the rule of law & international best practices" in the bid to procure arms, the SA government also seized it under another pretext? Can you rationalize this?

I bet you did not read the full gist when it occurred?
Every foreign arms supplier is LICENSED to operate.
Dasuki and his cohorts paid money into the bank account of a company (Cerberus Risk Solutions ) whose license to export arms has expired and is yet to be renewed!
Hence the money was "frozen".
They should at least have verified that the company was "in good standing" before paying them but you know our "clueless team" and the way they behave like Eediots!

Its like using a COREN ENgineer whose License is not up-to-date or expired;
He cant sign-off on your building plan application otherwise it would not be approved.
Ask Engineers about this and they can confirm it to you

Lastpage!

4 Likes

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by lastpage: 2:34pm On Jul 18, 2015
obailala:
[size=13pt]The foolishness of Jonathan supporters transcends all human understanding.

I suppose it was APC that advised GEJ to carry $15million CASH into another man's country without considering the necessity to at least place a diplomatic phone call to the SA presidency first.

I suppose GEJ also intimated APC of the details of this secret transaction, hence APC went through the back and conspired with SA to sieze the money.

But really, what kind of brain even sits in the skulls of some of you Jonathanians? angry[/size]

They dont have a BRAIN at all! grin grin
Even a mosquito's brain would have served them better!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by philips70(m): 2:36pm On Jul 18, 2015
Firefire:
Thank God.

The action of the past administration in this matter is purely against the Anti-Money Laundering / combating the financing of terrorism regulations of CBN. AML/CFT REGULATION (2009).

“President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration was forced to resort to the alternative market to obtain arms when western powers blocked every access to the formal arms market but the cash were seized both at the airport and in the bank”.

I understand the predicament of the then government in procuring arms, this does not warrant this approach of moving ‘raw-cash’ across countries.

Shalom!

Preach on son, your purgatory is here on earth. Your sins will surely be forgiven. Continue fleeing from the children of hate and dwell on the truth only.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by arsenal33: 2:41pm On Jul 18, 2015
ApcSucks:

APC sent the money on Oritsejafor's aircraft

1 Like

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by ayusco85(m): 2:42pm On Jul 18, 2015
Firefire:
Thank God.

Shalom!
Matured post.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by Kenobus: 2:54pm On Jul 18, 2015
So after due process, nobody is found guilty? So it was genuine that the Nigerian knew what she said then? Why did the SA govt painted it as if something was amiss? God will raise his standard against all evil doers! For trying to secure Nigeria at all cost, GEJ was vilified. I those involved can apologise to GEJ now?
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by christinie(f): 2:57pm On Jul 18, 2015
Buhari will chop and clean mouth and still claim that there's no money in our treasury. Ekperima.
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by christinie(f): 2:58pm On Jul 18, 2015
AdaNri1:
I'm waiting for Nigerians to praise Buhari for getting the money back
Kikiki only his fellow almajiris do that.
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by christinie(f): 3:00pm On Jul 18, 2015
samadexy:
God punish that black monkey from OTUOKE.. who wasted our resources and looted the treasury to penury.
May Karmar so deal with him..useless drunk. angry
I pity you.
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by christinie(f): 3:01pm On Jul 18, 2015
Taylor86:
what's this one saying
o na-asu asusu enwe.
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by JoshGiantfeet(m): 3:02pm On Jul 18, 2015
Firefire:
Thank God.

Shalom!

Better person, better talk.
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 18, 2015
cool cool cool We the Nigeria Police Force are pleading with all the good citizens of Nigeria to KEEP CALM and stay away from jubilating the returned of the seized $15 million Dollars until we thoroughly checked and confirmed that the South African Government did not Mixed it up with Counterfeit Dollar bills!

The Nigeria Police shall communicate and inform Nigerians of our findings in due course!

Signed

IG Police Nigeria
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 18, 2015
christinie:
o na-asu asusu enwe.

Nwanem Ike gwuru mooo

u look beautiful

u married?
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by legaxi(m): 3:11pm On Jul 18, 2015
Taylor86:
hope buhari no go use the whole money snap pictures with Obama

quack president

You see watin illiteracy they course ba, may God almighty destroy all this so called leaders that has over the years denied today youth proper education. E no go better for them
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by kindredspirit(m): 3:19pm On Jul 18, 2015
lastpage:

I bet you did not read the full gist when it occurred?
Every foreign arms supplier is LICENSED to operate.
Dasuki and his cohorts paid money into the bank account of a company (Cerberus Risk Solutions ) whose license to export arms has expired and is yet to be renewed!
Hence the money was "frozen".
They should at least have verified that the company was "in good standing" before paying them but you know our "clueless team" and the way they behave like Eediots!

Its like using a COREN ENgineer whose License is not up-to-date or expired;
He cant sign-off on your building plan application otherwise it would not be approved.
Ask Engineers about this and they can confirm it to you

Lastpage!

Yes, I saw and pooh poohed that explanation from the SA government as just another excuse to frustrate the overall objective of the Nigerian Govt to procure MUCH-NEEDED weapons to fight a war decimating her people. One would expect that a sister African country would rally to the assistance of another by quickly smoothing out the creases and expediting the sale of the weapons. The vibes that emanated out of Pretoria constrained me to conclude that there was a sort of conspiracy to frustrate the GEJs government's war against BH. Heck, I read that they even wanted to sanction the mercenaries and private contractors that participated in the 6week near-total drubbing that BH received this year.

After all said and done, the SA govt have returned the money and totally defeated the initial purpose.
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by ilegal(m): 3:19pm On Jul 18, 2015
Hahahahahahhaha they better do
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by ilegal(m): 3:20pm On Jul 18, 2015
ilegal:
Hahahahahahhaha they better do
Re: South Africa Returns Seized $15 Million To Nigerian Government by kenoz(m): 3:21pm On Jul 18, 2015
Okay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu To FG: Invite Us To Negotiate Peaceful Exit Of Biafra / Governor Akeredolu Inaugurates Operation Amotekun In Ondo (PHOTOS) / Photos Of President Buhari With Service Chiefs Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.