Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree - Education (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree (81586 Views)

Courses That Give One Automatic Admission / Nine Courses That Can Make You Cry In Nigerian University / For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by haryomikun(m): 9:39am On Jul 20, 2015
Fxwarrior:

Op that you have brainy friends in engineering 'curses' doesn't make it any cheaper than it is.
No matter how hard a course is , there will always be people who can deal with it comfortably.
Forget bro. I don't think people can deal with courses like architecture and psychology comfortably... Coz in architecture, no matter how good you are, the lecturer will not want to give u an A. For psychology no matter how many Cele churches you've been to you can never predict someone real state of mind

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by ElPhenomenal(m): 9:47am On Jul 20, 2015
Unilorin pol. sci have never graduated any 1st class student, and not more than sixteen 2.1 ever since the school has been established
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Ezegozie(m): 9:48am On Jul 20, 2015
aloa3:
Well i might later be crucified.....but all this are just my opinion after researching and listening to testimonies......
1... Agric related courses
2....Engineering courses
3.... Computer science
4.... Philosophy
5.... Sociology
6.... Public administration
7.... Geology
8.... Yoruba
9.... Mass Communication
10...Political science

Now note people also do fail but am just saying this courses are quite easy to get a first class in with the being hardworking...dont be lazy
Contary opinion are accepted

you are definitely not educated.
because if you are really educated, you wont post this shit
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Ezegozie(m): 9:56am On Jul 20, 2015
aloa3:
i knew i'd get crucified for putting engr courses on that list,i didnt specify which engineering course,the likes of agricultural engr,computer engr,food engr,system engr, food tech... this are cheap courses i knw some of my friends who are currently having a first class in engr courses

That you friends in Engineering or geology made first class does not make it easy.
It means that they worked really hard and they also have the genius brain unlike you.
And instead of you to accept the fact, you are there writing a long epistle trying to justify the fact that you didnt make first class.
You think first class is for everybody?
Do you know what it takes to make first class in Nigeria Federal and State universities?
I seriously doubt you went to school at all
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by stevekeri(m): 9:56am On Jul 20, 2015
While i can't vouch for other Universities, i know surely that since the establishment of Ambrose alli University, knw body has graduated with FIRST CLASS in my department, Public Administration...
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Ezegozie(m): 10:02am On Jul 20, 2015
Olamyyde:

The op mad gan. People who graduate with first class are exceptionally brilliant. It's not even about hardwork or studying everyday(especially in federal universities). Studying like a mad man will only give 2.1 or 2.2 in engineering.

when the real graduates talk we know.
Kudos to you bro
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Ezegozie(m): 10:12am On Jul 20, 2015
ULSHERLAN:

I want you to do a survey on people studying Geology with a first class. We can virtually count them cos they aint much
leave dat girl. I doubt she even went to school
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by africandictator(m): 10:20am On Jul 20, 2015
Crispels:

Same in Lagos State University, LASU bro.

since the inception of the department of History and International Studies about 30years ago, nobody has ever made a first class. 2'1 is like paradise in our department. the closest scholars get is a 4.2 cgpa. Although the last set, there were about 10 2'1s out of about 100graduates.
exactly'same with ourss..what level are you in??
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by PrinceAdepoju(m): 11:04am On Jul 20, 2015
dammygoody:
Oh Prince....you are so on point boss...
You're in Unilorin?
Yes boss! You?
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by mfm04622: 11:23am On Jul 20, 2015
walexy14:

You guys should stop acting as if engineering is one hard course jor.... Electrical engineering is one of the easy course that you can graduate with a first class,not sure of the rest Engineering courses sha . am a graduate of Physics / Telecommunication and I did electrical courses from my 100l to 500l , so am so sure of what am saying.

So how many of your sets made first class in Electrical Engineering?
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by mfm04622: 11:25am On Jul 20, 2015
martmal:
Most of us often base our comments here on sentiments instead of facing d real facts. D op is not trying to say those courses are cheap neither is it that it is easy to get a first class there. But u just find out that at every convocation, u'll see 2 or 3 pple graduading with a first class in these courses . (Especially in engineering) whereas some department for 20 or more years have only produced either 1 or no first class candidate.

That is because Engineering get the best students
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by dammygoody(m): 11:38am On Jul 20, 2015
PrinceAdepoju:
Yes boss! You?
Yes boss! I didn't know that, I would have looked through the whole campus for the only PrinceAdepoju
grin
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by graciousolo(m): 11:43am On Jul 20, 2015
and u forgot to add sociology...
PrinceAdepoju:
Not in the University of Ilorin!
well the op just dey talk eim own.
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by PrinceAdepoju(m): 12:01pm On Jul 20, 2015
dammygoody:

Yes boss! I didn't know that, I would have looked through the whole campus for the only PrinceAdepoju
grin
Hahahaha, funny! If I'd known too, a check for Dammygoody from the school gate would have do cheesy
What side you dey for that private high school, sir?grin
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Akynzodeighbour(m): 12:12pm On Jul 20, 2015
OAUTemitayo:
While i can't vouch for other Universities, i know surely that since the establishment of Obafemi Awolowo University, only one person has graduated with FIRST CLASS in my department, Public Administration
none has ever graduated with a 1st class in Unilorin in pol science
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Akynzodeighbour(m): 12:13pm On Jul 20, 2015
OAUTemitayo:
While i can't vouch for other Universities, i know surely that since the establishment of Obafemi Awolowo University, only one person has graduated with FIRST CLASS in my department, Public Administration
none has ever graduated with a 1st class in Unilorin in pol science, the op should exclude some schools with his opinion
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by ayokunlei(m): 1:12pm On Jul 20, 2015
mfm04622:

So how many First Class Degree Holder in Mathematics do you know? When it is a miracle to graduate in 4 years when you study mathematics?

It depends on the lecturers and their mindset towards their students... In a school Like Unilorin, Statistics and Mathemetics are regular producer of 1st class every year.
And like 80% of the lecturers in both dept graduated with 1st class. Both Mat and Sta do produce at least 10 1st class every year,but those 1st class graduate na Mad man dem be o o o !
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by ayokunlei(m): 1:15pm On Jul 20, 2015
Edikraftdeco:
Mathematics is number, cos wen u are good in maths u good,No denial of marks wen solved correctly. unlike those courses where u 'define and explain' with so many definitions which are pointing to different directions.Maths is one way or maybe two ways.
true
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by OAUTemitayo: 1:26pm On Jul 20, 2015
Plagiarism
stevekeri:
While i can't vouch for other Universities, i know surely that since the establishment of Ambrose alli University, knw body has graduated with FIRST CLASS in my department, Public Administration...
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by temmym4(m): 1:32pm On Jul 20, 2015
aloa3:
Well i might later be crucified.....but all this are just my opinion after researching and listening to testimonies......
1... Agric related courses
2....Engineering courses
3.... Computer science
4.... Philosophy
5.... Sociology
6.... Public administration
7.... Geology
8.... Yoruba
9.... Mass Communication
10...Political science

Now note people also do fail but am just saying this courses are quite easy to get a first class in with the being hardworking...dont be lazy
Contary opinion are accepted

Bravo. but which one of these courses did you get First Class in bro?
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Naymie(f): 1:33pm On Jul 20, 2015
zicoraads:
Generally speaking though, it's easier to bag a first class degree in courses that entail calculations than those that don't have calculations. So, I totally agree with some of the courses the OP posted there.

Put simply, it's much more 'easier' for anyone to bag a first class degree in Mathematics/Computer Science, than for anyone to bag that same class of degree in English Language.
TF!!!
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Olamyyde(m): 2:00pm On Jul 20, 2015
blexy3:

if ur school can produce 20 first class holders in engineering out of 1500 students, then I would say either it's easy to make first class in engineering OR it's easy to make first class in ur school because since the beginning of my school, my dept. Applied microbiology and brewing had only produced 1 first class holder. even our last convocation in which 3 sessions were combined, there was only 12 first class holders among over 3,000 students
I'm talking about about the number of people who have graduated from engineering since it's inception(10 yrs ago). That means only 0.013% of graduates have gotten a 1st class and you're calling that easy?grin
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Olamyyde(m): 2:09pm On Jul 20, 2015
mfm04622:

So how many First Class Degree Holder in Mathematics do you know? When it is a miracle to graduate in 4 years when you study mathematics?
lol....i have never seen any 1st class maths student in my school. Even as an engineering student, i fear abstract maths die. Maths is a very crazy course
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by dharay99: 2:40pm On Jul 20, 2015
ohk...nexxxt
We haf hear una...

Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by sadewodu(m): 2:40pm On Jul 20, 2015
Eg. (For instance) Uniben might only have 1 first class in political science and 20 first class in banking & finance thruout history, and in Unilag it might be 20 first class in political science and 1 in banking and finance thruout history. Wat is inachievable in ur skool nah fufu in another skool!!! Also there are many variables that must be considered!!!. Eg lecturers differ from each other
So OP I no support u!!!
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by adet991(f): 3:05pm On Jul 20, 2015
PrinceAdepoju:
Not in the University of Ilorin!
God bless you jare,through my 4 yrs in unilorin,political science did not produce a single first class
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by sadewodu(m): 3:17pm On Jul 20, 2015
Which is easier to solve? Calculations or Theory(written)

Calculation is the same in togo and china 2 plus 2 nah 4 no remedy.
But some theory differs ooo!!! because the perception of the examiner towards the issue differs!!! Eg. I have seen a book where economics was defined: COMMON SENSE MADE UNCOMMON and a lecturer said the person that wrote the book was mad. Anoda Eg. Some scholars believe Satisfaction (utility) is measurable while others believe it is not measurable. How do we tackle that!!!
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by ridoridwe(m): 3:29pm On Jul 20, 2015
each course depends on institution
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by lovingD(m): 3:33pm On Jul 20, 2015
No be for OAU ooooooooooo. You go read tire and they will be giving you low grade
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by adet991(f): 3:45pm On Jul 20, 2015
cheerokee:

I tell you broda cheesy
i feel like quitting in my final year but thank God i didn't

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by cheerokee(m): 3:51pm On Jul 20, 2015
adet991:
i feel like quitting in my final year but thank God i didn't

lol, you're lucky, Thank God for you
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 4:09pm On Jul 20, 2015
cheerokee:

When she Neva become V.P no be your personal oh, Na now she be V.P she don turn your personal, lol

But she fine sha: D
we have been friends even before she dreamed of becoming the VP

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Oau Admission For 2009/2010 Session / Science Courses One Can Study Without Physics In O'level? / Mmesoma Ejikeme Opens Up After JAMB Accused Her Of Forging JAMB Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.