Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,573 members, 7,820,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree (81619 Views)

Courses That Give One Automatic Admission / Nine Courses That Can Make You Cry In Nigerian University / For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Abdstrakt(m): 8:40pm On Jul 19, 2015
philosophy easy??

There's no absolute truth in philosophy.
philosophy encourages you to think outside the box.
our educational system to a large extent doesn't allow u to think outside the box.
Now, therein lies the problem.
can you win an argument with your lecturer?

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 19, 2015
martmal:
Most of us often base our comments here on sentiments instead of facing d real facts. D op is not trying to say those courses are cheap neither is it that it is easy to get a first class there. But u just find out that at every convocation, u'll see 2 or 3 pple graduading with a first class in these courses . (Especially in engineering) whereas some department for 20 or more years have only produced either 1 or no first class candidate.

Yes it is true First class graduate in engineering are many. But it has nothing to do with how easy or difficult engineering is.

The reason is that apart from Medicine, most of the best brains from secondary school study engineering. I made first class in Chemical Engineering. I also lectured. so i know. THERE ARE SO MANY CRAZILY INTELLIGENT STUDENTS IN ENGINNEERING AND MEDICINE. but because of medicine grading system you dont hear of first class from Medicine.

In summary First class has more to do with the student and less to do with the course
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Olamyyde(m): 8:41pm On Jul 19, 2015
odizeey:
days true. but when oyinbo start practical black man go gbes o. we too follow book for here. we dey read
exactly...we read too much in 9ja
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Olamyyde(m): 8:42pm On Jul 19, 2015
Dhelake:
are you a funaab Csc student?
Nope. I am an engineering student. You?
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by buchi16(f): 8:43pm On Jul 19, 2015
Rick9:
Aspiring Philosopher, I must get first class.
lol!.. see dream...wel sha,mayb u fit b our future plato
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by yak(m): 8:44pm On Jul 19, 2015
aloa3:
Well i might later be crucified.....but all this are just my opinion after researching and listening to testimonies......
1... Agric related courses
2....Engineering courses
3.... Computer science
4.... Philosophy
5.... Sociology
6.... Public administration
7.... Geology
8.... Yoruba
9.... Mass Communication
10...Political science
I beg to disagree with d OP.its easier to make it in mathematics, chemistry etc than a 2:1 in languages and social sciences. Ppl alwz believe dat its easier where dey are not

Now note people also do fail but am just saying this courses are quite easy to get a first class in with the being hardworking...dont be lazy
Contary opinion are accepted

Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by rutibaby(f): 8:44pm On Jul 19, 2015
@Op, y didn't u add Medicine and Law.
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Atimchia(m): 8:45pm On Jul 19, 2015
To me it all depends on the institution. For instance, Benue State University; Dept of Sociology has never had a first class graduate since inception...with my o'level academic prowess which culminated in high score in UME, I struggled very hard to make a 2:1 (3.52)
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Muhylonaire(m): 8:45pm On Jul 19, 2015
lwkmd..... I pity your head.. come and have it in TASUED na (TAI SOLARIN UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION )
easy ko easy ni... for your plastic mind

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by momentum85(m): 8:46pm On Jul 19, 2015
bigiyaro:
every course na beans if u dey do course wey u get talent to do, bt wen u like to dey party n ur fada force enter course wey pass ur power or u choose course becos u want to belong, hmmmm na oyo be dat.
I have seen many with even 3rd class in a course they have passion for and 'talent' to do but d good thing is that they stl do very well in their field even more than d ones with first class. Lol! What an irony!!
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 8:46pm On Jul 19, 2015
cheerokee:

lol, you can't compare your dept to pol.sci.

Na fine babes plenty for your dept smiley
LOL... If them catch you, you're dead
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by firetrap(m): 8:47pm On Jul 19, 2015
there has never been a first class graduate of sociology department in imsu since inception
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Krossbow123: 8:48pm On Jul 19, 2015
OP e b like say u shak fermented kunu. Hw u go listen to testimonies of brilliant students Dat can excel in any course take draw ur conclusion? Look at a course like Agric, u think say na planting of crops 'n keeping of animals only abi? Find out D courses Dat Agric students offer, u will sharply remove Agric from D list
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Rick9(m): 8:48pm On Jul 19, 2015
buchi16:
lol!.. see dream...wel sha,mayb u fit b our future plato
grin grin grin maybe
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by blexy3(f): 8:48pm On Jul 19, 2015
Olamyyde:
Complete and utter thrash...especially for engineering. Out of 1500 students who have graduated from the college of engineering in my school, not more than 20 have gotten a first class. I don't blame u sha, UI and unilag have made engineering look easy. The stress alone of engineering in my school can make one wonder if he/she is doing a master's program
if ur school can produce 20 first class holders in engineering out of 1500 students, then I would say either it's easy to make first class in engineering OR it's easy to make first class in ur school because since the beginning of my school, my dept. Applied microbiology and brewing had only produced 1 first class holder. even our last convocation in which 3 sessions were combined, there was only 12 first class holders among over 3,000 students
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Seth89(m): 8:49pm On Jul 19, 2015
First class easy in Geology!!!!!!! OP you must be high on something.
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by folks4luv(f): 8:49pm On Jul 19, 2015
Lolx. Cant stop laughing. This opinion, so so wrong. Not about then course at all, but then dept, lecturers in a dept and their mindset about grades.
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by daverebranded(m): 8:50pm On Jul 19, 2015
I hate ignorant OP's, seems she doesn't even know what mathematics does to you as an engineering student....u need to be a genius mehn
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by fineyemi(m): 8:50pm On Jul 19, 2015
Also check list of toughest courses to study in d university: www.guru9ja.com/2015/07/ten-10-toughest-course-to-study-in.html
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Alexander001(m): 8:50pm On Jul 19, 2015
Aspiregreat:
Geology cry cry cry

Op may the lord forgive your sins... angry
there's nothing like first class in unical geology department.
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by fineyemi(m): 8:51pm On Jul 19, 2015
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by cheerokee(m): 8:52pm On Jul 19, 2015
Anuoluwapo3054:
LOL... If them catch you, you're dead

I sabi dem wella, lol..
Ummu S.U.G VP Na dia she dey nau...

what level are you presently??
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by elguaje(m): 8:52pm On Jul 19, 2015
cheerokee:

I tell you broda cheesy
unilorite
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by fineyemi(m): 8:53pm On Jul 19, 2015
aloa3:
Well i might later be crucified.....but all this are just my opinion after researching and listening to testimonies......
1... Agric related courses
2....Engineering courses
3.... Computer science
4.... Philosophy
5.... Sociology
6.... Public administration
7.... Geology
8.... Yoruba
9.... Mass Communication
10...Political science

Now note people also do fail but am just saying this courses are quite easy to get a first class in with the being hardworking...dont be lazy
Contary opinion are accepted

check dis out, you will knw wat u posted is wrong...www.guru9ja.com/2015/07/ten-10-toughest-course-to-study-in.html
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by vislabraye(m): 8:53pm On Jul 19, 2015
aloa3:
i knew i'd get crucified for putting engr courses on that list,i didnt specify which engineering course,the likes of agricultural engr,computer engr,food engr,system engr, food tech... this are cheap courses i knw some of my friends who are currently having a first class in engr courses

Are you referring to friends in Nigerian schools or outside ?
It's either they are geniuses or they settle their way.
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by drizzypat: 8:55pm On Jul 19, 2015
scrolling gradually to see if she added maths and applied maths(industrial).then i will confirm that someone jst left psych camp
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by walexy14(m): 8:55pm On Jul 19, 2015
atbu1983:

What did you fill in ur JAMB form? You most likely filled engineering but got admission in Physics/Telecommunition.

Just like i said b4, many first class in engineering had nothing to do with how difificult or how easy engineering is.

But it is simply because Medicine and Engineering attract d best brains in Nigeria.

Lol..... i never filled engineering, they gave me my choice . I did Pre Degree for a year , so I had enough orientation b4 filling my course
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by Princessderaa(f): 8:55pm On Jul 19, 2015
op mass communication?op you must be high on cheap drugs.
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by bigiyaro(m): 8:57pm On Jul 19, 2015
momentum85:

I have seen many with even 3rd class in a course they have passion for and 'talent' to do but d good thing is that they stl do very well in their field even more than d ones with first class. Lol! What an irony!!
nt really passionate .did u know dat davido made 1st class?
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by jwina: 8:57pm On Jul 19, 2015
students also earn.Take betting as a business and multiply your cash @ http://www./Odds/registration/affiliate105177
Re: Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree by yak(m): 8:57pm On Jul 19, 2015
Nwanne forget those schools wey dey east.hw many graduates absu n imsu don produce put together sincevinception in 1981? I laff wen i hear unilag graduate 80+ and 100+ in 2013 n 2014 respectively...... coolquote author=firetrap post=36057123]there has never been a first class graduate of sociology department in imsu since inception[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Oau Admission For 2009/2010 Session / Science Courses One Can Study Without Physics In O'level? / Mmesoma Ejikeme Opens Up After JAMB Accused Her Of Forging JAMB Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.