Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,590 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa (8534 Views)

Nigerian Man Poses With Lion In South Africa / Xenophobia; Nigerians Form Vigilante To Protect Themselves In South Africa.Video / Photos: BVN Registration In London Resulted In Chaotic Display With Payment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa by zinachidi(m): 7:18pm On Jul 19, 2015
Nigeria`s Consul General in South Africa, Uche Ajulu-Okeke, said on Sunday that the Central Bank of Nigeria has approved a centre to conduct biometric verification for Nigerians in South Africa.
Mrs. Ajulu-Okeke said in Johannesburg that the CBN was worried about the number of Nigerians abroad not captured in the Bank Verification Number exercise.

She said the bank approved that the centre, located in Johannesburg, should carry out the exercise to enable Nigerians in South Africa with accounts at home be captured for the BVN.

“The good news is that from South Africa, Nigerians can monitor their accounts at home and feel relaxed that their accounts will not be closed because they were not captured for the BVN,” she said.

The consul-general also said the Consulate, with the approval of the Nigeria Immigration Service, had set up a new passport and visa processing centre in South Africa.

According to her, the centre was in the same building with the one approved by the Central Bank to carry out biometrics verification for BVN.
“The Nigeria Immigration Service has become aware of the difficulties faced by Nigerians who do not have credit cards and who cannot pay for passport and visa services,” he said.

“The NIS has engaged a company, OIS Services, to process passport and visa.

“The company has brought an officer as a Centre Manager of the new passport and visa service centre.

“They are now working in secured format with the Consulate.

“The NIS has set up similar passport centres in London, Beijing, New Delhi, Dubai, New York and is now setting up centres in Washington DC and Atlanta.”

Mrs. Ajulu-Okeke urged Nigerians to use the new centre to process their passports and avoid using agents who might fleece them in the process.
She said the Consulate had been working with the Nigeria Union in South Africa to protect the interest of Nigerians and promote their welfare.
(NAN)

www.premiumtimesng.com/business/186937-bvn-central-bank-sets-up-centre-in-south-africa.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa by xxx111: 7:29pm On Jul 19, 2015
So I made FTC

I dedicate this to my next BAN

see my signature for your man-h00d enlrgement
Re: BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa by free2ryhme: 7:29pm On Jul 19, 2015
grin grin

Oya Nigerians in Southy make una go do una BVN ooo

1 Like

Re: BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa by free2ryhme: 7:30pm On Jul 19, 2015
gud move

1 Like

Re: BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa by Generalkorex(m): 7:30pm On Jul 19, 2015
Nice one
Re: BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa by jliusadura(m): 7:30pm On Jul 19, 2015
It's tempting to see free frontpage space. One must just comment. Good development by CBN sha.
Re: BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa by tiamiyukunle69(m): 7:30pm On Jul 19, 2015
E no comcern me. Good move anyways
Re: BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa by Doskit(m): 7:30pm On Jul 19, 2015
What of Nigeria's Annex?

UAE
Re: BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa by Neduzze5(m): 7:31pm On Jul 19, 2015
Okay
Re: BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa by Twaci(f): 7:32pm On Jul 19, 2015
BVN?

OMG! I never do my own! embarassed

Click like if u never do u own too cheesy

2 Likes

Re: BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa by Danja: 7:32pm On Jul 19, 2015
I pray this one will work because things dont work in naij
Re: BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa by beckyjj(f): 7:33pm On Jul 19, 2015
Is a wellcome development
Re: BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 19, 2015
Okay, nice development. Make dem do quick do for us wey dey Canada too.
Re: BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa by denisbath(m): 7:37pm On Jul 19, 2015
ok
Re: BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa by neeyor88: 7:38pm On Jul 19, 2015
pls wat happen to those in europe? are we to go to southy too? central bank na waoo!
Re: BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa by encryptjay(m): 7:39pm On Jul 19, 2015
Yawns...As boys leave school for Sallah, na to go complete this BVN grin for my other bank
Where's my BVN jor?
Re: BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa by mikesly: 7:40pm On Jul 19, 2015
xxx111:
So I made FTC

I dedicate this to my next BAN

see my signature for your man-h00d enlrgement
I believe say ur man-hood go don long reach ground now cos na everyday u take dey enlarge ur man-hood.
Re: BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa by Autolord: 7:42pm On Jul 19, 2015
Kunu sipping bastard, burukutu sipping gorilla, gworo chewing terrorist. What is he's name?
Re: BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa by Pavore9: 7:44pm On Jul 19, 2015
Hmm....and there are those living outside Nigeria with expired passports and visas! How e go be for them? cheesy
Re: BVN: Central Bank Sets Up Centre In South Africa by adebayo201: 7:44pm On Jul 19, 2015
Small time, them self go dey complain about the way SA police are handling them.

Make una gather arrange sense for that of SA if not xenophobia is not far from you!

wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Airpeace Set For Direct Flights To Israel / Bellview: The Worst Airline In Nigeria. Don't Try It! / The Lost City Of Pompeii.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.