Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,227 members, 7,829,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

The Lost City Of Pompeii. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Lost City Of Pompeii. (8590 Views)

Photos: The Beautiful African City Of Windhoek, Capital Of Namibia / Hilarious Photo All The Way From The City Of Warri / The Night View Of City Of Bauchi (Wambai Gate) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lost City Of Pompeii. by synclaire: 12:36am On Jul 28, 2015
Same here. Jst deleted d movie frm my laptop yesterday. I'll undo it and watch it again.
Re: The Lost City Of Pompeii. by IAmTobore(m): 9:58am On Jul 28, 2015
Covered up with lava after serving the god of fire. Well I can say it's a warning from Almighty GOD to every mankind. Imagine the amount of wealthy men that had been wasted in that event. I have just two words and one statement for everyone, and that is: SERVE GOD!
Re: The Lost City Of Pompeii. by Nobody: 5:12am On Aug 27, 2015
IAmTobore:
Covered up with lava after serving the god of fire. Well I can say it's a warning from Almighty GOD to every mankind. Imagine the amount of wealthy men that had been wasted in that event. I have just two words and one statement for everyone, and that is: SERVE GOD!

Just a natural disaster.

1 Like

Re: The Lost City Of Pompeii. by tunery004(m): 6:36am On Aug 27, 2015
IAmTobore:

Bros, am a christian too, but this ur assertion is very wrong. Disasters happen with or without serving God. So u are telling me that the people of America didn't serve God that's why hurricane hits them?
Over religious is a big problem, the almighty God allows things to happen irrespective of serving or note serving or not serving him. The synagogue disaster comes to mind.
Re: The Lost City Of Pompeii. by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 27, 2015
tunery004:

Bros, am a christian too, but this ur assertion is very wrong. Disasters happen with or without serving God. So u are telling me that the people of America didn't serve God that's why hurricane hits them?
Over religious is a big problem, the almighty God allows things to happen irrespective of serving or note serving or not serving him. The synagogue disaster comes to mind.

Abi o, what about attacking/bombing of churches during service? Disasters can occcur at anytime. They were wiped out in that town then because;

1. People were trapped, the only escaping route was the port but was so congested due to the fact that hundreds of people were trying to flee the city that moment.

2. Zero level of technology, nothing like forecast to warn people about it.

1 Like

Re: The Lost City Of Pompeii. by tpiander: 4:44pm On Aug 27, 2015
nobody in the real event died triumphantly as depicted in the movie.
Re: The Lost City Of Pompeii. by tpiander: 4:46pm On Aug 27, 2015
Caracta:
I've always found the history of Pompei interesting. Such a beautiful city went down in less than 24 hours if I'm right.

Seriously no escape, even if you own a private jet to fly you out.

I read there were survivors.

Caracta:

Pliny, the Younger was only 17 when it happened. Poor boy. sad

He said they covered their heads with pillows and all that. My question is, apart from the bodies covered with ash that hardened and preserved the outlines of their bodies, were there survivors. Like real survivors like the ones in Titanic.

Pliny doesn't count as he was only an eye witness. His uncle would have survived but he died from suffocation too.

Was there any, "I was there, but miraculously saved and I didn't suffer from asphyxiation" person?

Just curious.

that would be very doubtful..

a similar event which happened in the islands some centuries ago, only had maybe one survivor who was in an underground prison.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Flight To Jamaica Without Transit Visa / Amazing Pictures From Bolivia : Where Earth Meets The Sky / My waka poxgram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.