Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Help: Money Issues Destroying My Marriage! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help: Money Issues Destroying My Marriage! (1743 Views)

Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? / Help!!! My Emotions Is Destroying My Relationship And Sexual Life. / How Do I Make My Manhood Bigger, Fatter And Long Lasting To Save My Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: Money Issues Destroying My Marriage! by ecotwins: 10:24am On Jul 20, 2015
I met a lady that I really felt love for and proposed after a quasi- courtship of about 8 months. while preparing for the wedding I tried to get her to discuss how we should handle issues that arise in marriage. But she seemed not to want to say much. One day I asked her about how we should handle finances. She said that she does not want to join finances or projects with her husband in case something happens she does not want the husbands kinsmen to start talking. In that same week I met a girl whom I have been eyeing for a long time but had to back out when I found out she was engaged to a pastor. I got the girls number and was almost toasting her but held back because I was in a relationship. The girl really loved me and would have made a better wife but I had this view point that I don't cheat on women and I don't break hearts.
When I finally paid the first lady's bride price she started exhibiting strange characters like wanting us to have sex( I was actually a virgin before I met her but we had unprotected sex anyway), malice,bickering etc.. I made up my mind to terminate the relationship and she kept begging me telling me I was misunderstanding her. But I was determined to end it. Then she dropped a bombshell that she was pregnant.
I thought it was a trick but when I took her for pregnancy test I found out it was true. so I made up my mind to marry her for the sake of the child because my love for her had died down and I was being rational about anything she says or does.( "what a tangled web we weave when we conspire to conceive" - Tupac). I refused to do the church wedding and told her to just move in with me.
we got married and I tried to make it work. To her credit she did well in keeping the house but gave me a lot of problems whenever she needed something. she does not even ask me or request but she just resorts to malice. so I tried to let her know that it was better to talk about things than malice but to no avail.
|She gave birth to a bouncing baby boy that looks exactly like me. the joy of my life. The gift of my life. I love him so much and he loves me so very much. He is my friend. God bless him!!!
I started a building project on a piece of land I owned before marriage and that was the beginning of trouble. She started complaining that the new house does not have water, etc. I told her that it was my first house and will free my resources if I don't have to pay rent which was high for my salary as a teacher.
When I started the building which used my savings and a cooperative loan to start, she would tell me that she used her money to buy condiments and that I should pay her back. I always paid her back and continued trying to provide. I finally completed the house and we moved in. I was still amortising the loan and hustling on.
She kept troubling me but I made up my mind that nothing she does will bother me any more. if she goes into her malice mode, I just get on my laptop and continue with my programming and reading. If she refuses to cook, I just go to my friends house for a visit and use the opportunity to eat or sometimes I go to mumcy's house to eat. But I never told anyone outside about my situation not even my mother. She keeps tormenting me that I am owing her fifty thousand naira but I know its a lie since I have always paid her back for her false claims. My child provided me all the comfort and companionship I needed. I am not crazy about sex so I do go for months sleeping in the parlour and reading through the night. so I just kept on with my hustle.
God answered my prayers with torrents of blessings. He gave me like two federal government jobs, one foreign scholarship and a big contract. I turned down the jobs which were in Abuja and forfeited the scholarship because I don't want to stay away from my son for three years in his first five years on earth, no way. So I accepted the contract and I am now making close to a million monthly. I DID NOT TELL MY WIFE ABOUT MY BREAK THROUGH BECAUSE I DON'T TRUST HER ANY-MORE AND BECAUSE OF THE HELL SHE GAVE ME WHEN I WAS STRUGGLING. Ireally wanted to let her into my life but when I think of her attitude towards finances (Her money is her money and my money is our money!!) I just cannot. Can anyone advice pls.
(This is long because I want to paint the whole picture)
Re: Help: Money Issues Destroying My Marriage! by INTROVERT(f): 10:25am On Jul 20, 2015
Retain the status quo.
Make her happy as much as you can. She is the mother of your kid.
Invest your money wisely preferably by more land and build more houses so you'll have alternative sources of income.

3cents

1 Like

Re: Help: Money Issues Destroying My Marriage! by FORUMgod: 10:26am On Jul 20, 2015
sg;,
Re: Help: Money Issues Destroying My Marriage! by madgoat(m): 10:27am On Jul 20, 2015
Hope ur wife will not make u av hypertension soon.
Re: Help: Money Issues Destroying My Marriage! by aenero(m): 10:50am On Jul 20, 2015
If your heart and your mind doesn't want her again,better just let her be wherever she is

1 Like

Re: Help: Money Issues Destroying My Marriage! by JefLonDon(m): 11:00am On Jul 20, 2015
Oga abeg go Cele make dem baff u
Re: Help: Money Issues Destroying My Marriage! by ecotwins: 11:21am On Jul 20, 2015
By the grace of God NO she CANT because I don't bother my self with whatever she does. If do good na her own, if she do bad na her own... I have decided to be at peace and enjoy my life. I no dey bother and the thing dey pain am if I no send am
madgoat:
Hope ur wife will not make u av hypertension soon.
Re: Help: Money Issues Destroying My Marriage! by pretydiva(f): 12:20pm On Jul 20, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Help: Money Issues Destroying My Marriage! by sneak3(m): 12:55pm On Jul 20, 2015
Bros just play ur role in her financial life as her husband according to ur riches without necessarily disclosing ur New financial status to her.. because if u do, she will definitely step down from her real self just to help u finish the money and once it finishes (God forbid), she wil den return to status quo..

Thank Goodness u have a companion in ur son.

Never u marry a girl just because she's pregnant for u provided the love isn't there

2 Likes

Re: Help: Money Issues Destroying My Marriage! by yvesboss(m): 1:03pm On Jul 20, 2015
be ryt baq
Re: Help: Money Issues Destroying My Marriage! by osane09(m): 1:12pm On Jul 20, 2015
No marry for pity... Or coz u guilty... Moral lesson.
Brother honey na moni lipsrsealed... Pls I wasn't here grin
Re: Help: Money Issues Destroying My Marriage! by Ab025(m): 1:28pm On Jul 20, 2015
My brother, I feel ur pain and I know that ur baby boy is the only reason why you are still in that marriage

.... but u have to still believe and try to work things out with your wife, after all, you have already decided to stay so there is no need giving up now.

Don't forget to always pray to God to help you change ur wife's heart.

#some women sha..
Re: Help: Money Issues Destroying My Marriage! by millhouse: 4:09pm On Jul 20, 2015
Na d contract own interest me pass, baba how u take do am?

1 Like

Re: Help: Money Issues Destroying My Marriage! by peedeeasobie(m): 5:23pm On Jul 20, 2015
The reward for pregnancy is NOT marriage!
Marriage is more than pregnancy, sex and children!
Its about purpose and compatibility!
Re: Help: Money Issues Destroying My Marriage! by passey: 6:37pm On Jul 20, 2015
INTROVERT:
haha introvert which kind wicked land booking be this? See as you just occupy the bros land without even putting a dot.
Re: Help: Money Issues Destroying My Marriage! by jejemanito: 8:23pm On Jul 20, 2015
passey:
haha introvert which kind wicked land booking be this? See as you just occupy the bros land without even putting a dot.
That's how you know pipo who have MSc. in Space-booking + Ph.D in FTC

(1) (Reply)

9 Common Sense Things Happily Married Couples Just Don’t Do / Nairaland Girls Be Like...(pics) / Ma Crush, Ma Dream Girl, Ma Future Wife, Nyanda(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.