Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

(photo & Video) 4 Year Old Cancer Patient (girl) ‘marries’ Nurse - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / (photo & Video) 4 Year Old Cancer Patient (girl) ‘marries’ Nurse (1135 Views)

Plus-Sized Bride Dancing With Her Husband At Traditional Wedding (Photo, Video) / When A Nurse Weds A Nurse: Pre-wedding Pictures Of My Bro. / Awww: Dying 8-year-old Cancer Patient Finds Love [PICTURED] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

(photo & Video) 4 Year Old Cancer Patient (girl) ‘marries’ Nurse by cyborg1(m): 3:29pm On Jul 20, 2015
I didn't regard this news as anything when CNN had it yesterday, till the news was repeated today. I was like, what is wrong with these Americans self, "Allah ki aye." But before I could complete the God forbid thing, my mind flashed at the Ajegunle kids' secret engagement we just discoursed here, lol.
https://www.nairaland.com/2457389/boy-10-girl-8-caught

It was reported that a 4-year-old little girl who’s battling cancer got to “marry” the man of her dreams.

The knight in shining armor who stole her heart wears hospital scrubs. He is the nurse who has cared for her in the past year.

Video of the heart melting event has gone viral and really shows how much it has all meant to the little girl at the center of it all.

Abby Sayles has been receiving life-saving treatment for Pre-B Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia at the Melodies Center for Childhood Cancers at Albany Medical Center. It was there that a bond grew between her and her nurse Matt Hickling.

So how does Abby feel about being married?

“Good,” she said. “It’s my first time being married.”

The hospital staff wasted no time after Abby popped the question.

A coworker lent Hickling a tuxedo t-shirt, staff bought a few bouquets, and they laid down an aisle of rose petals.

There wasn’t any organ music, so they improvised by humming ‘Here Comes the Bride.’

“It means the world [to me],” Abby’s mom Renee Sayles said.

“Just a great moment to share with this family and everyone and what they go through day to day and to have her remember something like this,” Hickling said. “She can look back on it when she’s older and be really just touched by it.”

Renee said Abby has had a few setbacks, but her prognosis is good. She hopes Abby will one day look back at her time at the hospital as pleasant.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2015/07/18/4-year-old-cancer-patient-wish-new-york.wten

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s4S0njqrdE

Re: (photo & Video) 4 Year Old Cancer Patient (girl) ‘marries’ Nurse by shalomm: 3:31pm On Jul 20, 2015
just trying to make her happy before her death.
Re: (photo & Video) 4 Year Old Cancer Patient (girl) ‘marries’ Nurse by moment5(m): 3:37pm On Jul 20, 2015
obviously...
Re: (photo & Video) 4 Year Old Cancer Patient (girl) ‘marries’ Nurse by cyborg1(m): 3:43pm On Jul 20, 2015
shalomm:
just trying to make her happy before her death.

Funny. What if she survives it? Cause I use to believe that supporting it could damage the child's mind while other children would be seeing it as appropriate for them as well, as the Ajegunle kids might thought?
Re: (photo & Video) 4 Year Old Cancer Patient (girl) ‘marries’ Nurse by shalomm: 3:45pm On Jul 20, 2015
cyborg1:

Funny. What if she survives it? Cause I use to believe that supporting it could damage the child's mind while other children would be seeing it as appropriate for them as well, as the Ajegunle kids might thought?

Lols, if she survives it, she will be the one to file for divorce...trust me.
Re: (photo & Video) 4 Year Old Cancer Patient (girl) ‘marries’ Nurse by Bishop4bella(m): 3:45pm On Jul 20, 2015
I would been happy if the baby girl know what's happening.
Can someone tell me the joy of marriage?
Re: (photo & Video) 4 Year Old Cancer Patient (girl) ‘marries’ Nurse by Bishop4bella(m): 3:47pm On Jul 20, 2015
Re: (photo & Video) 4 Year Old Cancer Patient (girl) ‘marries’ Nurse by XavierBlue(m): 3:52pm On Jul 20, 2015
lipsrsealed i just don't know what to say. lipsrsealed

XavierBlue
Re: (photo & Video) 4 Year Old Cancer Patient (girl) ‘marries’ Nurse by Shortyy(f): 3:57pm On Jul 20, 2015
Awwww.. I'm only worried about the lil girl and what she's been through. If marrying that man will put such a beautiful smile on her face, well, wha tha heck? so be it.
Re: (photo & Video) 4 Year Old Cancer Patient (girl) ‘marries’ Nurse by cyborg1(m): 4:02pm On Jul 20, 2015
Bishop4bella:

I wouldn't be happy, because of the influence it could pass on other children, but I may enjoy their dramatic entertainment they performed, with Candy ring they exchange to seal their engagement, lol.

She was asked how she feels thereafter, and she said she "popped cake on his nose!" And that could be her own "joy of marriage" you are asking about.
Re: (photo & Video) 4 Year Old Cancer Patient (girl) ‘marries’ Nurse by hitleraldof(m): 7:06pm On Jul 20, 2015
lovely couple....
Re: (photo & Video) 4 Year Old Cancer Patient (girl) ‘marries’ Nurse by cyborg1(m): 7:37pm On Jul 20, 2015
shalomm:

Lols, if she survives it, she will be the one to file for divorce...trust me.

Exactly, but it shall be filed to the hospital co-workers that joined them, because they are not legally binded.
Re: (photo & Video) 4 Year Old Cancer Patient (girl) ‘marries’ Nurse by shalomm: 7:39pm On Jul 20, 2015
cyborg1:

Exactly, but it shall be filed to the hospital co-workers that joined them, because they are not legally binded.

That is why i said the marriage is just to make her experience all the love she can get before the die.... I pray God heal her.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hilarious Pictures To Spice Up Your Day / What Falling In Love Does To The Brain / Letter To My Boo. Rescue Me Dear Before Its Too Late!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.