Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Lionel Messi Gets A Drive From President Of Gabon (Photos) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Gets A Drive From President Of Gabon (Photos) (85971 Views)

Gernot Rohr Off To Gabon For AFCON / BLONDE! Messi Gets A New Haircut (PHOTO) / Lionel Messi Quits Argentina National After Copa Loss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lionel Messi Gets A Drive From President Of Gabon (Photos) by tociano009(m): 4:26pm On Jul 20, 2015
Ali Bongo Ondimba, the president of Gabon, takes Lionel Messi for a drive

Messi kept his word and travelled to Gabon, where he is participating in the opening of a stadium

Lionel Messi, the star of FC Barcelona and Argentina, has been participating on Saturday, along with the president of Gabon, Ali Bongo Ondimba, in a ceremony to open the Port-Gentil stadium, which will host games at the African Cup of Nations in 2017.

The ceremony took place in Port-Gentil, which is the second city in Gabon and the country's oil capital.

During his visit, Leo Messi signed numerous autographs before getting in a car to make a short, symbolic journey around the stadium with Ali Bongo Ondimba.

"When I was in Barcelona a few years ago, I saw Messi and he said he would come to visit me in Libreville," the president of Gabon explained.

"It was a promise which he made to me. He is a man of honour, one who has kept his word. The calendar worked out well and it has corresponded with the laying of the first stone," the Gabonese leader added.

In 2012, Gabon hosted the African Cup of Nations together with Equatorial Guinea, who then hosted the tournament alone in 2015.

source:
http://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/ali-bongo-ondimba-the-president-gabon-takes-lionel-messi-for-drive-4367940

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Gets A Drive From President Of Gabon (Photos) by tociano009(m): 4:27pm On Jul 20, 2015
More pics

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Gets A Drive From President Of Gabon (Photos) by ibkgab001: 4:32pm On Jul 20, 2015
Who are you Isolated?

Please leave that place before introvert comes

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Gets A Drive From President Of Gabon (Photos) by isolated: 4:35pm On Jul 20, 2015
ibkgab001:
Who are you Isolated?

Please leave that place before introvert comes
she shouldn't be getting all d fame alone na
.... i wan tap small

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Gets A Drive From President Of Gabon (Photos) by saintTim(m): 4:36pm On Jul 20, 2015
Simple guy just like me wink

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Gets A Drive From President Of Gabon (Photos) by ibkgab001: 4:38pm On Jul 20, 2015
Nice one calling LALASTICLALA to do the needful

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Gets A Drive From President Of Gabon (Photos) by frodobee: 4:40pm On Jul 20, 2015
Sharrraapp! Not power of money, but power of fame.
Bottomline, work hard to excel in ur field and the world will come for you.
Success-many friends. Failure-loner.

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Gets A Drive From President Of Gabon (Photos) by dondestiny(m): 4:42pm On Jul 20, 2015
Africa nd inferiority complex

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Gets A Drive From President Of Gabon (Photos) by permsec: 4:46pm On Jul 20, 2015
Baba Thiago! very soon we go rest for U and Ronaldo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Gets A Drive From President Of Gabon (Photos) by permsec: 4:47pm On Jul 20, 2015
See as the almighty Messi dress like Abakaliki guy... if na to wound Boateng him go sabi dat one....

118 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Gets A Drive From President Of Gabon (Photos) by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 20, 2015
Imagine common Garbon ....the other time, it was Prince Williams on vacation in Kenya..

Nigeria has better cultural artifacts, and admirable landscapes than these Countries...
just that some individuals have sworn by their life, to drag this country to the dust angry

But, God pass them Finally cool

121 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Gets A Drive From President Of Gabon (Photos) by Yustash001(m): 4:53pm On Jul 20, 2015
Cool guy....the more reason why I like himsmiley smiley

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Gets A Drive From President Of Gabon (Photos) by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 20, 2015
Waiting For When Mugabe will Drive Yakubu ..until then..

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Gets A Drive From President Of Gabon (Photos) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 20, 2015
See simple dressing. Na awon otu defenders go barb Mohawk ,some go dye hair ..Some go even day say may their babe follow dem join ..

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Gets A Drive From President Of Gabon (Photos) by hahn(m): 5:10pm On Jul 20, 2015
Tomfrench:
Imagine common Garbon ....the other time, it was Prince Williams on vacation in Kenya..

Nigeria has better cultural artifacts, and admirable landscapes than these Countries...
just that some individuals have sworn by their life, to drag this country to the dust angry

But, God pass them Finally cool

If OUR people find it more convenient to travel out of their country to see "better" sites, how do you expect a foreigner to think otherwise?

11 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Gets A Drive From President Of Gabon (Photos) by naijainfogalery: 5:18pm On Jul 20, 2015
This op murdered english chai i wonder why chinese hasnt taken over english yet but Englidh don suffer oo, oya oga lala said you should out sauce to sure post.
Re: Lionel Messi Gets A Drive From President Of Gabon (Photos) by holicalpha(m): 5:48pm On Jul 20, 2015
Chai, OLUWAMESSI

I love this Guy,noHOMO.

So humble.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Gets A Drive From President Of Gabon (Photos) by alfredo4u(m): 5:49pm On Jul 20, 2015
Merciless Messi in Gabon......

I would have travelled to c him there.

Never knew of his coming.

Sai Messi......sai Barca for life.........more fans for us........the whole Gabonians will be supporting barca.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Gets A Drive From President Of Gabon (Photos) by Rilwayne001: 5:49pm On Jul 20, 2015
mumu undecided

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Gets A Drive From President Of Gabon (Photos) by Flashh: 5:49pm On Jul 20, 2015
Rilwayne001:
mumu undecided
Driving him doesn't mean he stoop so low before him (Messi). undecided

Its just a way of meriting his presence.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Gets A Drive From President Of Gabon (Photos) by kstyle2(m): 5:49pm On Jul 20, 2015
Na wa o

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Gets A Drive From President Of Gabon (Photos) by pretydiva(f): 5:49pm On Jul 20, 2015
D guy is so humble..all hail d king of football smiley

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Gets A Drive From President Of Gabon (Photos) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:49pm On Jul 20, 2015
cool
Re: Lionel Messi Gets A Drive From President Of Gabon (Photos) by kocvalour(m): 5:50pm On Jul 20, 2015
Messiless Messi

Hit Like If you think He's better Than Ronaldo!

Share if you Disagree!

107 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Lionel Messi Gets A Drive From President Of Gabon (Photos) by Kelvin0(m): 5:50pm On Jul 20, 2015
One Day the president of the U.S of America will give me a cruise ride in-sha allah, I have seen the vision, it's so real and clear. Oluwa bless ma hustle

8 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Gets A Drive From President Of Gabon (Photos) by martineverest(m): 5:50pm On Jul 20, 2015
dats a greatman.....go leo.

anoda treble awaits barca next seasonl

4 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Gets A Drive From President Of Gabon (Photos) by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 20, 2015
grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Food Anthony Joshua Eats After Gym, Goes Viral (Photos) / J J Okocha And Ronaldinho Caught Up At Airport Waiting Wing(photos,video) / Liverpool Squad Knelt In Honour Of George Floyd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.