Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,353 members, 7,815,746 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warns Aides - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warns Aides (3105 Views)

US: Buhari’s Agenda Very Well Matches Ours / Aisha Buhari To Travel To The US, Plans On Attending Meetings In DC / Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warn Aides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warns Aides by midolian(m): 4:52pm On Jul 20, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday in Washington DC warned close aides not to smuggle anyone into his official meetings with US officials.

Sources said he gave the warning during a breakfast meeting at his Blair House official digs in Washington DC, telling them any infractions will result with the person involved being fired with immediate effect.

President Buhari told them the purpose of his visit was not to meet with Nigerian businessmen or politicians, but with US officials and Nigerians in the Diaspora.

During the tense meeting, at which eight of the aides were present, Buhari directed the Department of State Protocol in Abuja to open a desk at the Aso Rock Villa that would facilitate direct access to him if any Nigerian wants to see him in Nigeria.  He said the desk will eliminate the role of corrupt officials, middlemen and family members who profit from selling access to the Presidency.

SaharaReporters could not ascertain how many Nigerian businessmen have arrived in Washington with the intention of seeking meeting opportunities with Buhari, but a source told our reporters that controversial and flamboyant businessman, Terry Waya, as well as Senator Ifeanyi Ararume, have been seen around Buhari's delegation.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/07/20/don%E2%80%99t-let-nigerian-businessmen-my-meetings-us-president-buhari-warns-aides

All hail our no nonsense president.

Sai Buhari!! cool

12 Likes

Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warns Aides by XavierBlue(m): 4:54pm On Jul 20, 2015
Saharareporters? Discard this to the dogs.

XavierBlue
Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warns Aides by PassingShot(m): 4:55pm On Jul 20, 2015
A good leader with good intention isn't difficult to detect. His spoken and unspoken words are all that is needed to identify him. PMB is such a leader.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warns Aides by Cutehector(m): 4:57pm On Jul 20, 2015
Some people are wicked sha... So they sell appointments to meet wit d president..
Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warns Aides by kodded(m): 4:58pm On Jul 20, 2015
[s]
PassingShot:
A good leader with good intention isn't difficult to detect. Their spoken and unspoken words are all that is needed to identify them. PMB is such a leader.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warns Aides by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 20, 2015
That's my no nonsense president. "Once a general always a ******" .wailing wailers u are free to complete the sentence. cheesy

GOD bless u sir

GOD bless Nigeria.

9 Likes

Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warns Aides by kodded(m): 4:58pm On Jul 20, 2015
Hmmm undecided
Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warns Aides by midolian(m): 4:58pm On Jul 20, 2015
XavierBlue:
Saharareporters? Discard this to the dogs.

XavierBlue
Remember sahara reporters first published the news of GEJ administration's plan to shift election dates by 6weeks.

Xavierpurple

11 Likes

Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warns Aides by sagr(m): 4:59pm On Jul 20, 2015
God bless Nigeria, God bless PMB, God bless biafra. God bless western Nigeria. God bless Arewa republic

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warns Aides by StOla: 5:00pm On Jul 20, 2015
PassingShot:
A good leader with good intention isn't difficult to detect. Their spoken and unspoken words are all that is needed to identify them. PMB is such a leader.

I concur!

Many get irritated seeing someone so upright. No one wants to be reminded that they are one and same with the criminals they criticise all the time.

Buhari reminds them of their own corrupted souls.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warns Aides by bright007(f): 5:00pm On Jul 20, 2015
undecided
Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warns Aides by Andyblaze: 5:02pm On Jul 20, 2015
Wolowotigbo Good president

angry angry ♦•♦#BITG♦•♦
Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warns Aides by luvmijeje(f): 5:03pm On Jul 20, 2015
God bless the President.
Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warns Aides by XavierBlue(m): 5:04pm On Jul 20, 2015
midolian:
Remember sahara reporters first published the news of GEJ administration's plan to shift election dates by 6weeks.

Xavierpurple
undecided

XavierBlue
Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warns Aides by midolian(m): 5:05pm On Jul 20, 2015
XavierBlue:
undecided

XavierBlue
cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warns Aides by dustmalik: 5:08pm On Jul 20, 2015
StOla:

I concur!

Many get irritated seeing someone so upright. No one wants to be reminded that they are one and same with the criminals they criticise all the time.

Buhari reminds them of their own corrupted souls.
This is definitely the best quote of the day. You couldn't have said it any better.

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warns Aides by neolboy(m): 5:08pm On Jul 20, 2015
Baba this alliance wey u dey try form with the US no come legallize gay marriage for naija or na stone we go take mud u
Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warns Aides by kaypound(m): 5:09pm On Jul 20, 2015
My no nonsense presido.
No time for yama yama

1 Like

Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warns Aides by fkpboss: 5:13pm On Jul 20, 2015
sameer1212:
That's my no nonsense president. "Once a general always a ******" .wailing wailers u are free to complete the sentence. cheesy

GOD bless u sir

GOD bless Nigeria.
Anyone can say what he said, let him finish the meeting and come back home to face insecurity which he promised. To deal with

God Bless Nigeria
Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warns Aides by hinwazaka: 5:13pm On Jul 20, 2015
hinwazaka:
This is a reminder for all the fans of our new found partnership with Obama's America
Obama's greatest hits
* The stimulus didn't stimulate
Obama was elected in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis and his first big act in office was to sign a gargantuan package of stimulus spending financed entirely with debt that was supposed to jump start the economy. After congress voted it into law, the money which was meant for shovel ready projects failed to yield fruit
* Obamacare brouhaha
When obama care was passed people were assured it would provide insurance for 32 million people who didn't have coverage. Years on it has covered far fewer people than expected, a poor number between 10% and 20% of what was promised
* Lack of a realistic immigration policy
He failed to draft a realistic immigration plan and only ended up annoying the right, left and centre
* The fall of the Iraq quest
He was so determined to shore up Goodwill he prematurely withdrew their forces, and completely ignored the terrorist threat which was emerging. The price of that mistake was the establishment of ISIS
* The joke of the Arab spring
After the Arab toppling of long time dictators, Obama refused to act fast and stagnated on Egypt with the result of everyone in Egypt now hating him and the military dictator now aligning with Russia in a show of insult to America
* He has made America irrelevant
Due to his lethargic and indecisive nature he has thrown the global respect for America out of the window
Let's not forget the Benghazi issue, the downplaying of Boko Haram, the Russia/ Ukraine issue, the Syrian/US congress- US executive standoff and also the historical congress lockdown . Its quite obvious that both Obama and Buhari have a lot in common and so this is a marriage made in heaven. Happy married life to the couple
Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warns Aides by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:18pm On Jul 20, 2015
Cutehector:
Some people are wicked sha... So they sell appointments to meet wit d president..

na today?
Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warns Aides by adamskutty(m): 5:20pm On Jul 20, 2015
Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warns Aides by cuteboy2: 5:22pm On Jul 20, 2015
midolian:
President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday in Washington DC warned close aides not to smuggle anyone into his official meetings with US officials.
''
''''''''
SaharaReporters could not ascertain how many Nigerian businessmen have arrived in Washington ............ but a source told our reporters that controversial and flamboyant businessman, Terry Waya, as well as Senator Ifeanyi Ararume, have been seen around Buhari's delegation.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/07/20/don%E2%80%99t-let-nigerian-businessmen-my-meetings-us-president-buhari-warns-aides

All hail our no nonsense president.

Sai Buhari!! cool

Terry Waya ??

If Terry is hovering around Buhari, then the war on corruption is over before it even began.

Terry Waya was the Chief Facilitator of movement of funds along with likes of current NFF President Amaju Pinnick for Chief James Ibori, Modu Sherrif, Akume, Orji Uzor Kalu, etc during their tenure as state governors.

He organised wild parties and shipped girls to London and Dubai for the cavorting governors and political figures.
He has a permanent suite at Eko Hotel. In fact Terry Waya essentially lives in Eko Hotel. You can check out these facts.
Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warns Aides by Cutehector(m): 5:25pm On Jul 20, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
na today?
alright...
Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warns Aides by sammyj: 5:26pm On Jul 20, 2015
PMB knows their antecedent. Bunch of corrupt business men!! grin cool shocked tongue
Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warns Aides by sammyj: 5:28pm On Jul 20, 2015
PMB already knows their antecedent. Bunch of corrupt business men !!! shocked cool tongue

1 Like

Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warns Aides by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 20, 2015
kodded:
[s][/s]
Badbelle01

1 Like

Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warns Aides by blackfase(m): 5:56pm On Jul 20, 2015
...but a source told our reporters that controversial and flamboyant businessman, Terry Waya, as well as Senator Ifeanyi Ararume, have been seen around Buhari's delegation....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

U misconstrue that statement up ther. D crux of d message is that they r fraternising with PMBs aids, trying to find a leeway to see d top man.

cuteboy2:

Terry Waya ??

If Terry is hovering around Buhari, then the war on corruption is over before it even began.

Terry Waya was the Chief Facilitator of movement of funds along with likes of current NFF President Amaju Pinnick for Chief James Ibori, Modu Sherrif, Akume, Orji Uzor Kalu, etc during their tenure as state governors.

He organised wild parties and shipped girls to London and Dubai for the cavorting governors and political figures.
He has a permanent suite at Eko Hotel. In fact Terry Waya essentially lives in Eko Hotel. You can check out these facts.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warns Aides by BLOTRS: 6:03pm On Jul 20, 2015
OLODO president....na shoe maker go meet you before? now that our economy is drowning
Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warns Aides by kennyman2000(m): 6:19pm On Jul 20, 2015
Good one Baba..

1 Like

Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warns Aides by iamrealdeji(m): 6:24pm On Jul 20, 2015
BLOTRS:
OLODO president....na shoe maker go meet you before? now that our economy is drowning
you're a big idiot,is it Nigerian businessmen that will rejuvenate your economy? I don't like when people with low IQ make their stupid comments

5 Likes

Re: Don’t Let Nigerian Businessmen Into My Meetings In The US, Buhari Warns Aides by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 20, 2015
Sahara reporters and lies are like bread and tea

(1) (2) (Reply)

Call Biafra Agitators To Order-SGF Tells Igbo Leaders / COAS Gen. Buratai In Combat Ready Kit Ready For The Niger-delta Avengers - PIC / Lagos Traffic: Nigeria To Divert Cargo To Warri, Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.