Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

REPLY: Why Is The South West Not Clamoring For Secession? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / REPLY: Why Is The South West Not Clamoring For Secession? (1483 Views)

Biafra: Aisha Buhari, Igbo Women Say No To Calls For Secession / Why Are Militants Declaring Support,N clamoring,For Nnamdi Kanu's release?(pix) / Why Is The South West Not Clamoring For Secession? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

REPLY: Why Is The South West Not Clamoring For Secession? by gists: 6:00am On Jul 21, 2015
Why disturb us with Biafra?
FUll disclosure: I am a full blown Yoruba man with no blood ties to other ethic group.
I usually feel unconcerned by the secession proponent because I strongly believe any group of people have the right to determine what is best for them. AND THAT INCLUDE THE CALL FOR BIAFRA.

Ordinarily, I also don't give a damn about the operation of the so called radio biafra because truth-be-told NADECO also operated a radio station! BUT the only difference is that NADECO did not incite the people against the nation and I don't recall any call by NADECO for people to take up arms. We have read the reports of the call for 1 million rifles and 1 million men to carry the rifles. This is where I get concerned and particularly because I see a huge disconnect in recent history and this hypocritical call for the cessation movement.

June 12 elections was cancelled and the rest is history. But do we remember the role played by the Association of Better Nigerians (ABN) - better known as the Area Boys of Nigeria. That association was in the fore front of clamoring for the cancellation of that election and seek the elongation of the Babangida regime. That association was created by a prominent Igbo man - Aurthur Nzeribe. The question is where were the secessionist wailing babies when one of their prominent fathers pioneered the extension of a military regime led by a Hausa man at the detriment of their southtern brothers/neighbours?

We all know (except for a few babies on nairaland) the amazing role played by another prominent Igbo son - Daniel Kanu in the call for the extension of yet another military junta led by non other than the infamous Abacha. May we ask again why there was no call for Biafra creation. Daniel Kanu also form an organisation call Youth Earnerstly Ask for Abach (YEAA) and organised 1-million man march in supporto of Abacha's proposed transition from military to civilian president. I guess Nnamdi Kanu hadn't received his Biafra calling at that time. By the way, I will like to see how Buhari will respond to this man when he tries to renew his Nigerian Passport grin grin

We also know of a certain Ifeanyi Uba who also setup TAN to campaign for GEJ's second term bid. Yet again the wailers didn't see the need to call for Biafra and in fact supported and campaigned for GEJ's second term bid as Nigerian president.

Honestly, all of the above cases didn't pain me. The one that infuriate me the most is the fact that the father of Biafra himself the late IKEMBA OJUKWU FORMED A POLITICAL PARTY AND CONTESTED ELECTION TO BE PRESIDENT, MANY OF THESE WAILING BABIES DID NOT VOTE FOR HIM!!!

All of a sudden they hypocritically remember "Their Was a Country" to be re-created when their hero GEJ lost woefully in the last election. Now they will not let us rest and asking fo0lish question why the Yorubas are not calling for cessation? Well we also ask why should the some people alway seek the approval of other tribes to validate their ego. Is this not a big sign of low self esteem?

Thank God their is life outside the internet. I have met and worked with many Igbos in real life and they are very reasonable people and far from the wailing babies on Nairaland.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: REPLY: Why Is The South West Not Clamoring For Secession? by donwalexy4148(m): 6:07am On Jul 21, 2015
One word 4 d igbo dis time 'greed'

1 Like

Re: REPLY: Why Is The South West Not Clamoring For Secession? by donholy28(m): 6:08am On Jul 21, 2015
Have u finished talking? Oya go and rest

3 Likes

Re: REPLY: Why Is The South West Not Clamoring For Secession? by Haywhymido(m): 6:35am On Jul 21, 2015
jeki won mo
Re: REPLY: Why Is The South West Not Clamoring For Secession? by RealAdewole(m): 6:40am On Jul 21, 2015
and i should read all of this
Re: REPLY: Why Is The South West Not Clamoring For Secession? by disloman(m): 6:40am On Jul 21, 2015
donholy28:
Have u finished talking? Oya go and rest
U don't av anything to say with all d points raised?Na wa oooooo.What a dumb clan.

1 Like

Re: REPLY: Why Is The South West Not Clamoring For Secession? by kazmanbanjoko(m): 6:40am On Jul 21, 2015
Bcoz the south west is satisfied with what they have.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: REPLY: Why Is The South West Not Clamoring For Secession? by uniklinkum(m): 6:49am On Jul 21, 2015
Wow!!!!! deep one bro... a very apt compliation of the political prostitution of the AGIP tribe.

1 Like

Re: REPLY: Why Is The South West Not Clamoring For Secession? by psucc(m): 6:52am On Jul 21, 2015
Well they may suddenly have woke up to discover their interest in the Nigerian state is not guaranteed nor secured hence their agitation.

I still see the igbos sabotaging this move. My thoughts though.

1 Like

Re: REPLY: Why Is The South West Not Clamoring For Secession? by alrahmanonline(m): 6:53am On Jul 21, 2015
thanks bro, Ibos una don hear?

1 Like

Re: REPLY: Why Is The South West Not Clamoring For Secession? by brize(m): 6:57am On Jul 21, 2015
The question still remains, why are south west not clamouring for secession

1 Like

Re: REPLY: Why Is The South West Not Clamoring For Secession? by disumusa: 7:00am On Jul 21, 2015
alrahmanonline:
thanks bro, Ibos una don hear?
if one is pleased with is position,why agitating.
Re: REPLY: Why Is The South West Not Clamoring For Secession? by meccuno: 7:02am On Jul 21, 2015
gists:
[s]Why disturb us with Biafra?
FUll disclosure: I am a full blown Yoruba man with no blood ties to other ethic group.
I usually feel unconcerned by the cessation proponent because I strongly believe any group of people have the right to determine what is best for them. AND THAT INCLUDE THE CALL FOR BIAFRA.

Ordinarily, I also don't give a damn about the operation of the so called radio biafra because truth-be-told NADECO also operated a radio station! BUT the only difference is that NADECO did not incite the people against the nation and I don't recall any call by NADECO for people to take up arms. We have read the reports of the call for 1 million rifles and 1 million men to carry the rifles. This is where I get concerned and particularly because I see a huge disconnect in recent history and this hypocritical call for the cessation movement.

June 12 elections was cancelled and the rest is history. But do we remember the role played by the Association of Better Nigerians (ABN) - better known as the Area Boys of Nigeria. That association was in the fore front of clamoring for the cancellation of that election and seek the elongation of the Babangida regime. That association was created by a prominent Igbo man - Aurthur Nzeribe. The question is where were the secessionist wailing babies when one of their prominent fathers pioneered the extension of a military regime led by a Hausa man at the detriment of their southtern brothers/neighbours?

We all know (except for a few babies on nairaland) the amazing role played by another prominent Igbo son - Daniel Kanu in the call for the extension of yet another military junta led by non other than the infamous Abacha. May we ask again why there was no call for Biafra creation. Daniel Kanu also form an organisation call Youth Earnerstly Ask for Abach (YEAA) and organised 1-million man march in supporto of Abacha's proposed transition from military to civilian president. I guess Nnamdi Kanu hadn't received his Biafra calling at that time. By the way, I will like to see how Buhari will respond to this man when he tries to renew his Nigerian Passport grin grin

We also know of a certain Ifeanyi Uba who also setup TAN to campaign for GEJ's second term bid. Yet again the wailers didn't see the need to call for Biafra and in fact supported and campaigned for GEJ's second term bid as Nigerian president.

Honestly, all of the above cases didn't pain me. The one that infuriate me the most is the fact that the father of Biafra himself the late IKEMBA OJUKWU FORMED A POLITICAL PARTY AND CONTESTED ELECTION TO BE PRESIDENT, MANY OF THESE WAILING BABIES DID NOT VOTE FOR HIM!!!

All of a sudden they hypocritically remember "Their Was a Country" to be re-created when their hero GEJ lost woefully in the last election. Now they will not let us rest and asking fo0lish question why the Yorubas are not calling for cessation? Well we also ask why should the some people alway seek the approval of other tribes to validate their ego. Is this not a big sign of low self esteem?

Thank God their is life outside the internet. I have met and worked with many Igbos in real life and they are very reasonable people and far from the wailing babies on Nairaland.[/s]
rubbish as usual.......but when the elders of the south west sold the same abiola for a pot of porridge this grown man didn't remember that......for the 8 years of obasanjo he refused to immortalise june 12 as democracy day.....he didn't even recognise abiola.......how is that an igbo mans problem? When the same abiola made sure that awo never became president,how is that the igbo mans problem? I think its best this yoruba op should desist from this hypocritical advice to the igbos and face your people...... Do not support the way this biafra thing is going on and I will definately not support foo.lish rants like these.....

5 Likes

Re: REPLY: Why Is The South West Not Clamoring For Secession? by stabillo(m): 7:07am On Jul 21, 2015
OK

1 Like

Re: REPLY: Why Is The South West Not Clamoring For Secession? by Brugo(m): 7:09am On Jul 21, 2015
Mature, enlightened and successful igbos no longer clamour for the disintegration of Nigeria. They have either been bought over by the great wealth Nigeria has created for them or they are just tired. It is mostly disgruntled and frustrated youth that seek violent secession.

Like the author aptly pointed out, Ojukwu was abandoned by his own people during election. They preferred the PDP over the more indigenous APGA.

Not long ago, there was great need for a Sovereign National Conference to be established and empowered by the National Assembly. It's sovereignty would have granted it the power to renegotiate the unity of Nigeria. GEJ kicked against it then set up his advisory National conference instead and spent billions to fund the powerless gathering. Where were the igbos? That was their chance to negotiate out of the country yet they openly supported GEJ's powerless jamboree.

Now you are screaming marginalisation and chasing after one charlatan running an illegal radio station.

You see why Biafra remains a mirage? Playing the victim will not actualize your dreams.

2 Likes

Re: REPLY: Why Is The South West Not Clamoring For Secession? by DaBullIT(m): 7:12am On Jul 21, 2015
Gbayi OP , your head is there

I think the reason why Yorubas aren't clamoring for secession is just

Yorubas are the oldest tribe / culture, they've seen wars and memoirs from wars , they prefer to remain neutral except when incited and study yorubas well , not perfect, but whatever they do , they do what everybody will benefit from

Yorubas are satisfied , remember the old Oyo empire was self sufficient and they did well , Yorubas don't want everything to themselves, they just want enough .

3 Likes

Re: REPLY: Why Is The South West Not Clamoring For Secession? by oladele97: 7:13am On Jul 21, 2015
God bless you brother I think I still need to write to them

1 Like

Re: REPLY: Why Is The South West Not Clamoring For Secession? by disumusa: 7:13am On Jul 21, 2015
donwalexy4148:
my bro, ibo have occupied all the sensitive position in nigeria, the intrest now is to take presidency so that they can exercise and fufill their greed biafra dream, by going with ss people and hijack part of north central and midle west as plan b/4
Re: REPLY: Why Is The South West Not Clamoring For Secession? by sammyj: 7:13am On Jul 21, 2015
Because we are more civil and still believe in the project called Nigeria! !!!

2 Likes

Re: REPLY: Why Is The South West Not Clamoring For Secession? by disumusa: 7:14am On Jul 21, 2015
donwalexy4148:
my bro, ibo have occupied all the sensitive position in nigeria, the intrest now is to take presidency so that they can exercise and fufill their greed biafra dream, by going with ss people and hijack part of north central and midle west as plan b/4. I.e more of oil.
Re: REPLY: Why Is The South West Not Clamoring For Secession? by Iykopee(m): 7:22am On Jul 21, 2015
gists:
I usually feel unconcerned by the secession proponent because I strongly believe any group of people have the right to determine what is best for them. AND THAT INCLUDE THE CALL FOR BIAFRA.

Thank God their is life outside the internet. I have met and worked with many Igbos in real life and they are very reasonable people and far from the wailing babies on Nairaland.

^^^^ The clamour for biafra started way back 1967 and not ur foolish rants. Now lemme remind u why the hoerubas are not clamouring for cessation? The answer is, PARASITISM.

1 Like

Re: REPLY: Why Is The South West Not Clamoring For Secession? by ProfessorPeter(m): 7:23am On Jul 21, 2015
gists:

make una no blame this guy. He's from Kwara state where Yoruba sell their birthright give Fulani. Na when you mention Igbo. You ever hear yoruba open mouth, criticize or talk against Fulani?
As for me am done with one Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: REPLY: Why Is The South West Not Clamoring For Secession? by gists: 7:43am On Jul 21, 2015
meccuno:
rubbish as usual.......but when the elders of the south west sold the same abiola for a pot of porridge this grown man didn't remember that......for the 8 years of obasanjo he refused to immortalise june 12 as democracy day.....he didn't even recognise abiola.......how is that an igbo mans problem? When the same abiola made sure that awo never became president,how is that the igbo mans problem? I think its best this yoruba op should desist from this hypocritical advice to the igbos and face your people...... Do not support the way this biafra thing is going on and I will definately not support foo.lish rants like these.....

Shame on you!!
Is this all you can say? Is the topic about June 12? Did you not read where I said "and the rest is history"? Is June 12 the only point I raised?
Confab was constituted last year and the SW was clamoring for regional autonomy; state police etc. If you online Biafra warriors had mounted pressures and gathered support for your representatives to also ask for similar reform, Biafra would have been much easier. Guess what your reps asked for - an extra state in NIGERA! Why should your reps agigate for an extra state/stake in country you now desperately want to leave. Hypocrites!
A really big shame on you

1 Like

Re: REPLY: Why Is The South West Not Clamoring For Secession? by crispberry(f): 7:46am On Jul 21, 2015
We too much for south- west abeg kiss kiss kiss
Re: REPLY: Why Is The South West Not Clamoring For Secession? by Adindupeter: 7:51am On Jul 21, 2015
Coz they're cowards. They don't wanna upset their Masters up North
Re: REPLY: Why Is The South West Not Clamoring For Secession? by gists: 7:55am On Jul 21, 2015
Adindupeter:
Coz they're cowards. They don't wanna upset their Masters up North
So who is the real slave here? The one that perpetually setup organisation for the elongation of the northern regime's tenure or the one that asked for regional autonomy at the last confab.
Use your head dude. I bet by 2018 as we have seen in recent history, we will see another igbo man asking buhari to continue for another term.

1 Like

Re: REPLY: Why Is The South West Not Clamoring For Secession? by gists: 8:03am On Jul 21, 2015
Iykopee:

^^^^ The clamour for biafra started way back 1967 and not ur foolish rants. Now lemme remind u why the hoerubas are not clamouring for cessation? The answer is, PARASITISM.

I have just one question for you: Did you vote for Ojukwu when he contested? grin grin grin
Re: REPLY: Why Is The South West Not Clamoring For Secession? by omoelesa(m): 8:26am On Jul 21, 2015
meccuno:
Why border u self with Mko ,AWO etc,all these people are yorubas.why not border urself with ur biafra and try to actualise it.I have come to realiase that greatest coward in nigeria are the ibos.why need the approval of the yoruba before seeking ur biafra.nonsense
Re: REPLY: Why Is The South West Not Clamoring For Secession? by zanga420: 5:19pm On Nov 03, 2015
Iykopee:

I guess this guy said 80% of the truth
Re: REPLY: Why Is The South West Not Clamoring For Secession? by zanga420: 5:31pm On Nov 03, 2015
gists:

So who is the real slave here? The one that perpetually setup organisation for the elongation of the northern regime's tenure or the one that asked for regional autonomy at the last confab.
Use your head dude. I bet by 2018 as we have seen in recent history, we will see another igbo man asking buhari to continue for another term.
ur writeup's good, though u started being insultive in ur replies. Back to ur point above, individuals have right of association n choice, so that doesnt define majority of a set of ppl. Majority of s/w were against gej regime, yet folks like ffk, fayose, afenifere, abati etc pitched tent with him. Does that generalize d s/wners were clamouring 4gej come back? Its evident that u're focusing on person than issue.

(1) (Reply)

TOP 20 AFRICAN Presidents That Died In Office(UPDATED) / Former Governor Escapes Death In Mecca Crane Crash / EL-RUFAI IS RIGHT:Billions Spent On Nigeria's 50th Independence Anniversary.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.