Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,766 members, 7,813,544 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

Buhari's Gaffe VS Obama's "mistake" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Gaffe VS Obama's "mistake" (53915 Views)

Buhari Vs Obama Serving Food: Who Did It Better? / Buhari Slights Senate President Saraki,Dogara In Protocol Gaffe At Budget / Criticizing Buhari Over "President Michelle Of West Germany" Gaffe Is Ignorant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Gaffe VS Obama's "mistake" by poiZon: 1:52pm On Jul 21, 2015
sauceny:
CNN makes mistake on territories a times.

That makes cnn world acclaimed clueless media outfit. Any world class outfit that makes sillly n commonest mistake is not fit to be tagged world class.
Re: Buhari's Gaffe VS Obama's "mistake" by UncleJudax(m): 1:52pm On Jul 21, 2015
BIGERBOY1:
Did anybody here see where Obama (mistakenly) referred to Nigeria bringing peace and stability to the eastern part of Africa? Instead of Western Africa.

The point is we are all humans and are fallible. So those that in the name of opposition discuss people instead of issues should seize and desist.
It's actually cease, and not seize. I guess you blundered whilst defending a partner in blunder. tongue shocked

Birds of a feather! grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Gaffe VS Obama's "mistake" by ogb5(m): 1:54pm On Jul 21, 2015
Obama did not make any mistake neither was it a slip. The average American does not know where Nigeria is on the world map and they don't care to know.

Obama may actually not know which part of the continent Nigeria is, honestly, why should Obama know.

But for Buhari not to know the name of his own party, that is worrying. The honest truth is that nature has a way of pointing out flaws to us, it is left for us to recognise the signs and act on them. If a president does not know the name of his party, certainly there are other important things in life he will also forget, e.g the current exchange rate or the unemployment rate or the stock market depreciation rate.

The average nigerian might be blinded by sentiments and refuse to aknowledge the flaws of their president, but the world notice such things. Institutional investors take such things into account and we are seeing them pulling their money from the stock market already.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Gaffe VS Obama's "mistake" by korexdodo(m): 1:54pm On Jul 21, 2015
The difference between Obamas mistake and Buharis mistake ,is that one is educated and has a certificate to show for it while one doesn't have .

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Gaffe VS Obama's "mistake" by Orikinla(m): 1:54pm On Jul 21, 2015
[size=28pt]HMM.
MISTAKE OR PROPHECY?[/size]

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Gaffe VS Obama's "mistake" by onatisi(m): 1:55pm On Jul 21, 2015
okiezman:

You want to compare Obama with dullard.... that like comparing messi to aiyegbeni...
comparing obama with buhari is like comparing r kelly with lord of ajasa .I mean it is more or less like a sin .

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Gaffe VS Obama's "mistake" by killercute16(m): 1:59pm On Jul 21, 2015
firstEVA:
No objective person will make a mountain out of 'west germany', that has been the handiwork of pained Jonathan supporters, everyone is prone to mistakes, when an accidental slip is made like our dear president makes sometimes, and people take it like his administration is failed, it is quite laughable and unfortunate.

PMB, true Nigerians are behind you and believe you will succeed, if you like call America, North London grin
But during JONATHAN'S regime,it was term "cluelessness",nw objectivity....smh

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Gaffe VS Obama's "mistake" by KingKuntaVart: 2:00pm On Jul 21, 2015
friends4ever:

You know what? I just read your friking posts. You're just an ass quoting people around negatively.
feel free to be a fan
Re: Buhari's Gaffe VS Obama's "mistake" by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 21, 2015
Saifullah01:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdXDJrzLgP4

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tdXDJrzLgP4

This is the video. The Obama "mistake" is from 6'05" to 6'20"

Ahh!
It surprises me how far many will go to point out someone else's flaw.
As in,I don't get you nor the purpose of this thread.
To what end

At least I got Obama's msg but what about you
What's your message undecided
Re: Buhari's Gaffe VS Obama's "mistake" by Lionsclaw: 2:02pm On Jul 21, 2015
Kai Buhari so I go dey fear for your blunders anytime you travel out? So ALL PROGRESSIVES CONGRESS is now ALL NIGERIA PEOPLES CONGRESS grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Gaffe VS Obama's "mistake" by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 21, 2015
BIGERBOY1:
Did anybody here see where Obama (mistakenly) referred to Nigeria bringing peace and stability to the eastern part of Africa? Instead of Western Africa.

The point is we are all humans and are fallible. So those that in the name of opposition discuss people instead of issues should seize and desist.

From 6.05 to 6.20

Cc: lalasticlala
RIP Johnny English. Like PMB Like the OP
Re: Buhari's Gaffe VS Obama's "mistake" by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 21, 2015
ogb5:
Obama did not make any mistake neither was it a slip. The average American does not know where Nigeria is on the world map and they don't care to know.

Obama may actually not know which part of the continent Nigeria is, honestly, why should Obama know.

But for Buhari not to know the name of his own party, that is worrying. The honest truth is that nature has a way of pointing out flaws to us, it is left for us to recognise the signs and act on them. If a president does not know the name of his party, certainly there are other important things in life he will also forget, e.g the current exchange rate or the unemployment rate or the stock market depreciation rate.

The average nigerian might be blinded by sentiments and refuse to aknowledge the flaws of their president, but the world notice such things. Institutional investors take such things into account and we are seeing them pulling their money from the stock market already.

Very deluded and myopic comment.
I can smell your low self-esteem from far.
Keep it up
Re: Buhari's Gaffe VS Obama's "mistake" by onatisi(m): 2:04pm On Jul 21, 2015
korexdodo:
The difference between Obamas mistake and Buharis mistake ,is that one is educated and has a certificate to show for it while one doesn't have .
obama can still twist his own to mean something sensible, we all know that al shabab is in league with boko haram and they are collaborating ,so it is still excusable and secondly obama isn't a nigerian but if obama had referred to buhari as the president of west nigeria or northern nigeria that is not excusable ,but why will buhari make a mistake about the name of his political party that he registered with and won an election with He did the same thing too when he pronounced the name of osinbajo wrongly,same thing he did with inec ,he even forgot that there is no more west germany , he forgot his certificate with his school,the guy has even forgotten to appoint his ministers !!!!! He simply keeps forgetting things

6 Likes

Re: Buhari's Gaffe VS Obama's "mistake" by MAYOWAAK: 2:04pm On Jul 21, 2015
BIGERBOY1:

From 6.05 to 6.20

Cc: lalasticlala

Cease and not seize.Another proof of man's imperfection.The best men are still men at their very best.
Re: Buhari's Gaffe VS Obama's "mistake" by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 21, 2015
onatisi:
comparing obama with buhari is like comparing r kelly with lord of ajasa .I mean it is more or less like a sin .
1million likes to you

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Gaffe VS Obama's "mistake" by okiezman(m): 2:05pm On Jul 21, 2015
onatisi:

LOL

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Gaffe VS Obama's "mistake" by Chigold101(m): 2:16pm On Jul 21, 2015
SPG4U:
Most of u av make more silly mistakes dan dat
you are right but if you know the level of rehasal that goes into this type of meting you won't expect any of them to make mistakes.

Another thing is making mistake in calling the name of a party that you lead is like making mistake in calling ones own name... Am sure you don't do that.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Gaffe VS Obama's "mistake" by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 21, 2015
bamosagie:

OBJECTIVITY: when it was Jonathan, people qoute him out of context and twist his words, spot his mistakes and called him clueless but now we have a man that dont know the name of his party, that cant remember the name of his deputy, that make mistake at every diplomatic mission he has embarked on; people want to be objective....
I think it is hipocrisy and not objectivity.

Jonathan was given more than two fvking years, TWO FVCKING YEARS before people started calling him out

As for me, I have been screaming that shi.t a few months after he was made interim preside, I told whoever cared to listen that Jonathan was not a leader and it would be our greatest mistake if he was voted in.

Deal with it....he was all wrong for Nigeria. undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Gaffe VS Obama's "mistake" by chukkystar(m): 2:22pm On Jul 21, 2015
The difference is that Obama's own was a mistake cos he actually knows Naija is in West Africa, While Buhari no know say West Germany no dey again, em own na olodo
Re: Buhari's Gaffe VS Obama's "mistake" by ogb5(m): 2:23pm On Jul 21, 2015
Kizmarty:

Very deluded and myopic comment.
I can smell your low self-esteem from far.
Keep it up

One of the 150 cows of Buhari, keep it up.

Don't relent, the man promised you 5000 naira per month.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Gaffe VS Obama's "mistake" by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 21, 2015
firstEVA:
No objective person will make a mountain out of 'west germany', that has been the handiwork of pained Jonathan supporters, everyone is prone to mistakes, when an accidental slip is made like our dear president makes sometimes, and people take it like his administration is failed, it is quite laughable and unfortunate.

PMB, true Nigerians are behind you and believe you will succeed, if you like call America, North London grin

You are logically handicapped.... Yes there is a place called east africa this is a mix-up, there is no place called west Germany this is pure Ignorant

5 Likes

Re: Buhari's Gaffe VS Obama's "mistake" by onatisi(m): 2:25pm On Jul 21, 2015
The best solution is for buhari to get an interpreter so that buhari can be speaking in hausa and the interpreter translating it to english . Because at the rate buhari is going he may likely make a serious blunder on one of these trips grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Gaffe VS Obama's "mistake" by UncleJudax(m): 2:26pm On Jul 21, 2015
helemama:
as far as am concerned no one is perfect at all, so its okay to make mistakes
Wrong! Nobody is perfect, but it is not ok to make mistakes.

See it as half full, and not half empty.
Re: Buhari's Gaffe VS Obama's "mistake" by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 21, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

You are logically handicapped.... Yes there is a place called east africa this is a mix-up, there is no place called west Germany this is pure Ignorant
there is no difference, its not like there has never been a place called West Germany, just that the name changed, so u are logically paralyzed undecided
Re: Buhari's Gaffe VS Obama's "mistake" by agabaI23(m): 2:30pm On Jul 21, 2015
bamosagie:

OBJECTIVITY: when it was Jonathan, people qoute him out of context and twist his words, spot his mistakes and called him clueless but now we have a man that don't know the name of his party, that cant remember the name of his deputy, that make mistake at every diplomatic mission he has embarked on; people want to be objective....
I think it is hypocrisy and not objectivity.
Thank you very much. Thank you very very much. Thank you very very much.

If somebody thinks West Germany is a mere slip, then I think that's the height of hypocrisy

It was All Progressive Confidence and now it is All National people's Congress. From 3 to 4 letters. It is still a slip.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Gaffe VS Obama's "mistake" by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 21, 2015
ogb5:

One of the 150 cows of Buhari, keep it up.

Don't relent, the man promised you 5000 naira per month.

Your ignorance stinks, go get a wash
Aurevoir
Re: Buhari's Gaffe VS Obama's "mistake" by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 21, 2015
ziccoit:
We all make mistake almost every minutes either covertly or overtly.

West germany ain't no mistake.
Re: Buhari's Gaffe VS Obama's "mistake" by anidan(m): 2:41pm On Jul 21, 2015
Buhari all d way
Re: Buhari's Gaffe VS Obama's "mistake" by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 21, 2015
hahaweron:
I will always respect my president, so no bad talk

But wen it comes to GEJ, u will keep insulting him.

Buhari na pure dauranian President Buhari.
Re: Buhari's Gaffe VS Obama's "mistake" by aviazuva: 2:48pm On Jul 21, 2015
Sai Baba.
Dont mind them,
just cajole Mrs Mugabe into helping Nigeria
out of this security and corruptrion issues.
AVIANAZU

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fleeing Boko Haram Terrorists Gunned Down By Troops In Sambisa Forest. Photos / Lawrence Ngozi Akpomiemie Killed By Gunmen In Delta (Graphic Photos) / Princess Pako Talks About Chibok Girls On Twitter, Reveals What She Found Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.