Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In (47061 Views)

10 Habits The Average Nigerian Should Let Go Of! / 10 ways an average Nigerian survives recession / Glo Indulges Subscribers With Best-in-class Data Rates. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nickymezor(f): 11:27am On Jul 22, 2015
So true Op. Good morning!
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 22, 2015
Nickymezor:
So true Op. Good morning!

Gmng dear.
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by BreezyRita(f): 10:09pm On Jul 22, 2015

Very true.
Most people won't agree with you because the truth is bitter.
Nice work!
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by hotgunz(m): 10:48pm On Jul 22, 2015
INTROVERT:
True true true..

Please ladies and gentle stop mentioning my moniker as I was just banned from commenting on threads for over 2 hours. Abeg.. even now I can't comment on some sections. cry cry cry cry cry cry
Am in pains now.
thank God

1 Like

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 22, 2015
Is this how we are going to move the nation forward! I cry everyday when I read news about Nigeria! What is going on? Why can't the people just do things along the line of civilized human beings and developed the economy for once? Is that too much to ask for? cry cry cry cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Gurgle(f): 10:49pm On Jul 22, 2015
lagmostkuit:
Op, I dnt agree with all ur points tho!

Had a friend back then in skul who was a cultist and he made 1st class in accountancy. The guy is brainy no be 4 mouth.
NOTE: i'm not advising anyone to join cult oh

Nice points..

why did he join the cult when he doesn't need help to pass

2 Likes

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Karleb(m): 10:49pm On Jul 22, 2015
3 et 7 = my problems. sad
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Thoby1(m): 10:51pm On Jul 22, 2015
booking
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by afuye(m): 10:51pm On Jul 22, 2015
I'm guilty of all these except cultism
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 22, 2015
Gurgle:

why did he join the cult when he doesn't need help to pass
The cult never helped him to pass!

2 Likes

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Raypawer(m): 10:54pm On Jul 22, 2015
social network is not involved
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by afuye(m): 10:55pm On Jul 22, 2015
U r known to be jobless and this tread applies to you . I wonder what kind of person are u? that u spend ur whole day try to FTC. WHAT KIND OF HOUSEHOLD FE U WILL MAKE ?
INTROVERT:
True true true..

Please ladies and gentle stop mentioning my moniker as I was just banned from commenting on threads for over 2 hours. Abeg.. even now I can't comment on some sections. cry cry cry cry cry cry
Am in pains now.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Gurgle(f): 10:57pm On Jul 22, 2015
lagmostkuit:

The cult never helped him to pass!

I know so why did he join

it sounds like he was doing fine on his own so why did he need a cult

2 Likes

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 22, 2015
Gurgle:

I know so why did he join

it sounds like he was doing fine on his own so why did he need a cult
That's a story to tell some other time
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Captainswag225(m): 11:00pm On Jul 22, 2015
RAPE, MURDER, FRAUD, DRUG SMUGGLING, ARMED ROBBERY, MONEY RITUAL, JUST NAME THEM AND THEY WILL DO IT. HABA!
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by BrainnewsNg(f): 11:00pm On Jul 22, 2015
lagmostkuit:
Op, I dnt agree with all ur points tho!

Had a friend back then in skul who was a cultist and he made 1st class in accountancy. The guy is brainy no be 4 mouth.
NOTE: i'm not advising anyone to join cult oh!

Nice points..

FTC on emusmith's thread grin grin

Ohk! THANK YOU
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Gurgle(f): 11:01pm On Jul 22, 2015
lagmostkuit:

That's a story to tell some other time

Ok o. Hope he's still ok?
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Gurgle(f): 11:02pm On Jul 22, 2015
Captainswag225:
RAPE, MURDER, FRAUD, DRUG SMUGGLING, ARMED ROBBERY, MONEY RITUAL, JUST NAME THEM AND THEY WILL DO IT. HABA!

Chai shocked is that racism I detect angry grin
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 22, 2015
Gurgle:

Ok o. Hope he's all right now?
Yeah.. smiley
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Cholls(m): 11:02pm On Jul 22, 2015
emusmith:
Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In.

Popularly quoted; "The future belongs to those who have, believe and pursue their dreams".
It's no doubt there are very many young folks today without a dream.
Some whose parents are well-to-do have decided to "enjoy" the lives till "Jesus comes".

The hazard that brings is usually colossal, enormous and prodigious.

The Average Nigerian boy or girl has no dream and I stand to be corrected.

The Justin Bieber (a Jew) they're celebrating and dying for, in his early teens, discovered his gift of singing and took deliberate and difficult steps in recording and updating them on YouTube. The rest is history...

The crux of this thread is; SOME NIGERIAN YOUTHS INDULGE IN ALL KINDS OF THINGS SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY'VE GOT NO DREAM.

Let me list some...

1. Cultism

Looking up the FP, I saw how 12 "angels" were arrested for lesbianism and cultist practices. Why? Religion is NOT the opium of the masses; Deception is. Any religion that deceives, kills or threatens is a cultist group! Why can't these cultist groups quit threatening these little ones already?
Am I speaking over someone's head? Cultism isn't a far-fetched word anymore o...it is beginning to gain popularity at all levels. From music stars to secondary school children. Na was sha o sad

2. Immorality

I can say this anywhere, "people whose lives and happiness depend on sex hardly make any reasonable AND lasting contribution to life". If you hear a guy or girl say, "I can't live a week without sex", just know that the problem isn't the sex; it's like a food chain. There is a primary problem- Lack of SELF DISCIPLINE. You know how irreplaceably indispensable and consequential discipline is to be successful in any endeavor. Sometimes, I say, "sex is a poor man's hobby". [Opinion mine]

3. Social Media

As vital as hooking up with friends is, it doesn't make any sense from a proper vantage point. I was with a lady one time and the way she was like, "wow, I am so excited! I chatted with most of my primary, secondary and university friends on FB". I almost asked, what were you guys discussing? How much time do you give to social media? What of your dreams? Your aspirations? There is no such thing as "spare time". Nick D' Aloiso, built an app for yahoo during his "spare" hours. You burn yours on FB, Instagram, 2go, Whatsapp, Snapchat and Twitter cheesy Only you? Chairman, Chairlady angry grin

4. Obsession for material things

The way some people spend sooo much time and money building their accessories empire, it's quite alarming. It's not evil to be fashionable at all. It is evil when it takes the place of other VITAL things. For example, you are working with hopes that you'll use a huge part of your salary to finance your own dream or company. She is so trendy and latest that all her hard-earned cash goes for shoes and necklaces; so people can what? At the expense and detriment of your dreams?

5. Unhealthy Comparison

This actually is a big problem especially for guys and ladies who are oblivious of the stuff they carry. You see, until you love yourself (not by saying it or updating it as a dp), you won't truly explore the Real You. You don't have Red Lips, and so what? Your legs are 'K' and not "straight" or "bow" and then? My lips aren't "structured" for kissing...stay there! You must truly accept yourself and be grateful. A psychologist once quoted, "what we think about and thank about, we bring about". Ladies, love yourselves! You're robust so because you want to feel "special", guys take advantage of you! You'll then come to NL and say, "all guys are the same" Ok na!

6. Bad Friends

I read a comment on NL from a guy who helplessly stated how tied he is to some things because his friends forced him or he wanted feel among. You reading this can also attest to the fact that some bad habits you picked up were from friends. This takes us to the last point:

7. Addictions

Addiction, they say is like a comfortable bed. You sleep on it and then find it difficult to get up.
I say it has a Snow ball effect on its prey: It takes you farther than you planned to go. It promises pleasure but offers pain.
Watch it: Call a spade a spade, not an implement of Agriculture. You've not done "it" for three days and your whole body is on fire, my bro and sis- you need God in this one! Read 1 Cor. 9:27. Go all out and free yourself. Why? They hinder the greatest of talented individuals from reaching their peaks.

Remember Eric Cantona (a drunk), MC Hammer (a waster), Ronaldinho (womanizer and party freak), Balotelli (Bad guyss)...

Addiction limit Potentials √

Conclusion: Nigeria is at the brink of a turn- around as you can see. She needs a fresh recruit of a group of young folks who 'know their onions' in various fields of life.

Are you going to be among the few of us who will rescue Nigeria from the onslaught of the 'corrupt many' and launch her to her predestined height?

It starts NOW through the decisions you're making: Follow your dreams and make your nation proud (Li Na pursued her passion for tennis and the nation of China sought her help even after she resigned)

Wake Up and Be Counted!
my brother me sef na was sha o.
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Truckpusher(m): 11:02pm On Jul 22, 2015
emusmith:

Popularly quoted; "The future belongs to those who have, believe and pursue their dreams".
Some whose parents are well-to-do have decided to "enjoy" the lives till "Jesus comes".

The Justin Bieber (a Jew) they're celebrating and dying for, in his early teens, discovered his gift of singing and took deliberate and difficult steps in recording and updating them on YouTube. The rest is history...

The crux of this thread is; SOME NIGERIAN YOUTHS INDULGE IN ALL KINDS OF THINGS SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY'VE GOT NO DREAM.

Let me list some...

1. Cultism

Looking up the FP, I saw how 12 "angels" were arrested for lesbianism and cultist practices. Why? Religion is NOT the opium of the masses; Deception is. Any religion that deceives, kills or threatens is a cultist group! Why can't these cultist groups quit threatening these little ones already?
Am I speaking over someone's head? Cultism isn't a far-fetched word anymore o...it is beginning to gain popularity at all levels. From music stars to secondary school children. Na was sha o sad

2. Immorality

I can say this anywhere, "people whose lives and happiness depend on sex hardly make any reasonable AND lasting contribution to life". If you hear a guy or girl say, "I can't live a week without sex", just know that the problem isn't the sex; it's like a food chain. There is a primary problem- Lack of SELF DISCIPLINE. You know how irreplaceably indispensable and consequential discipline is to be successful in any endeavor. Sometimes, I say, "sex is a poor man's hobby". [Opinion mine]

3. Social Media

As vital as hooking up with friends is, it doesn't make any sense from a proper vantage point. I was with a lady one time and the way she was like, "wow, I am so excited! I chatted with most of my primary, secondary and university friends on FB". I almost asked, what were you guys discussing? How much time do you give to social media? What of your dreams? Your aspirations? There is no such thing as "spare time". Nick D' Aloiso, built an app for yahoo during his "spare" hours. You burn yours on FB, Instagram, 2go, Whatsapp, Snapchat and Twitter cheesy Only you? Chairman, Chairlady angry grin

The way some people spend sooo much time and money building their accessories empire, it's quite alarming. It's not evil to be fashionable at all. It is evil when it takes the place of other VITAL things. For example, you are working with hopes that you'll use a huge part of your salary to finance your own dream or company. She is so trendy and latest that all her hard-earned cash goes for shoes and necklaces; so people can what? At the expense and detriment of your dreams?

5. Unhealthy Comparison

This actually is a big problem especially for guys and ladies who are oblivious of the stuff they carry. You see, until you love yourself (not by saying it or updating it as a dp), you won't truly explore the Real You. You don't have Red Lips, and so what? Your legs are 'K' and not "straight" or "bow" and then? My lips aren't "structured" for kissing...stay there! You must truly accept yourself and be grateful. A psychologist once quoted, "what we think about and thank about, we bring about". Ladies, love yourselves! You're robust so because you want to feel "special", guys take advantage of you! You'll then come to NL and say, "all guys are the same" Ok na!

6. Bad Friends

I read a comment on NL from a guy who helplessly stated how tied he is to some things because his friends forced him or he wanted feel among. You reading this can also attest to the fact that some bad habits you picked up were from friends. This takes us to the last point:

7. Addictions

Addiction, they say is like a comfortable bed. You sleep on it and then find it difficult to get up.
I say it has a Snow ball effect on its prey: It takes you farther than you planned to go. It promises pleasure but offers pain.
Watch it: Call a spade a spade, not an implement of Agriculture. You've not done "it" for three days and your whole body is on fire, my bro and sis- you need God in this one! Read 1 Cor. 9:27. Go all out and free yourself. Why? They hinder the greatest of talented individuals from reaching their peaks.

Remember Eric Cantona (a drunk), MC Hammer (a waster), Ronaldinho (womanizer and party freak), Balotelli (Bad guyss)...

Conclusion: Nigeria is at the brink of a turn- around as you can see. She needs a fresh recruit of a group of young folks who 'know their onions' in various fields of life.

Are you going to be among the few of us who will rescue Nigeria from the onslaught of the 'corrupt many' and launch her to her predestined height?

It starts NOW through the decisions you're making: Follow your dreams and make your nation proud (Li Na pursued her passion for tennis and the nation of China sought her help even after she resigned)

Wake Up and Be Counted!
Op all you've mentioned aren't peculiar to Nigerian societies alone , it's a global problem .

If you travel to the U.S. and see how many kids that wants to be like Bierber and worships other artists even when they can't sing their ordinary kindergarten rhymes you'll marvel too.
With this above statement I hereby declare your assertions wrong and void.
The world is spinning in the wrong direction and it's not only Nigerian youths that are only caught up in the crossfire of a lost struggling generation.

10 Likes

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by lekky2cute: 11:02pm On Jul 22, 2015
#watch chinkoekun nd olamide rap battle #casaa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCEHJahqQyE
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 22, 2015
BrainnewsNg:

Ohk! THANK YOU
undecided
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by bikkyorwell: 11:04pm On Jul 22, 2015
The one way dey pain me pass na cultism. Asin wetin e dey give dem. TUFiA

3 Likes

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by jaybee(f): 11:04pm On Jul 22, 2015
emusmith:

Let me list some...

1. Cultism

2. Immorality

3. Social Media

5. Unhealthy Comparison

6. Bad Friends

7. Addictions

Wake Up and Be Counted!

Thank you for this post. I've been thinking of this for long and the more they express themselves the more they confirm their lack of vision and direction. It's absolutely pathetic. That is why they remain mostly unemployable, even after graduating in colleges and universities with multiple certificates, diplomas and degrees; and without the capacity to key into the myriad of government employment intervention policies.

3 Likes

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by DeGenius3(m): 11:05pm On Jul 22, 2015
Here's The Most Important Report You Will
Ever Read AS An Average Nigerian...If You
Are Serious About Putting An End To Your
Financial Woes and Money Worries... Earn
Build A Successful Business on The Internet
And Earn Double of Your Current Income
using A Unique Online Business.

The Report is 39 Pages Long and Hey...

IT'S TOTALLY FREE.

Get It Here:

http://serialbusinessinfo.com/new/anb.html
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 22, 2015
Hahahahahah tongue
INTROVERT:
True true true..

Am in pains now.
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by initiate: 11:07pm On Jul 22, 2015
emusmith:

Let me list some...

1. Cultism

2. Immorality

3. Social Media

5. Unhealthy Comparison

6. Bad Friends

7. Addictions

Wake Up and Be Counted!

what about facebook and nairaland?

1 Like

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by akigbemaru: 11:07pm On Jul 22, 2015
seven addictions with Nigerians.
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Superman11(m): 11:07pm On Jul 22, 2015
emusmith:

Let me list some...

1. Cultism

2. Immorality

3. Social Media

5. Unhealthy Comparison

6. Bad Friends

7. Addictions

Wake Up and Be Counted!

When you stand somewhere and talk about the average Nigerian youth having no dreams! i will simply ask you a question!!
what is the head count you made ?
Which statistical data or survey did you carryout to ascertain this authority?
More So, If the youths in your village join cults and have a lot of sex and forget that they should make something of their lives , it doesn't correlate to the 150 Million Nigerians. That tiny population you might have seen in your village square or on TV does not represent hundreds of millions of people. Don't wake up in the morning and post Rubbish without proper authority.
Are you a researcher , teacher or journalist??
If you had said this is a list of activities that can lead a youth in Nigeria to distraction from his/her dreams that is different.
Watch your words right before you post them. When you wake up in your sleep and vote for someone, it cannot be counted in reality.

5 Likes

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by rudebouy: 11:08pm On Jul 22, 2015
emusmith:

Which isn't easy but relevant.

Bros I love sex so much. In fact broke up with an ex becos she always complained say I too day fvck. But she refused to go becos she believes in ma dream and plans. Am fvckaholic and also a go-getter and a workaholic, does dat make me a poor man in the making?cheesy

1 Like

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Kensharval(m): 11:08pm On Jul 22, 2015
Please keep it up, we need people like you, dont mind them, they would never listen because they do those things. remember the truth is always bitter, majority will stay away from it while the minority will stick to it. dont feel bad pls jusk keep it up, i was forced to believe most nairalanders head are empty.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community / Ugandan Man Watches Woman Drown Because No One To Help Him Hold His Phones / Fan, Woofer, Mounted Ipad In A Keke Napep In Surulere, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.