Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,054 members, 7,810,939 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In (47057 Views)

10 Habits The Average Nigerian Should Let Go Of! / 10 ways an average Nigerian survives recession / Glo Indulges Subscribers With Best-in-class Data Rates. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by jasonjude(m): 11:09pm On Jul 22, 2015
its really good for me to know what you guys ,,, me I nodey do anyone of them
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Captainswag225(m): 11:09pm On Jul 22, 2015
Gurgle:

Chai shocked is that racism I detect angry grin
racism from who? Lol i didnt say anything.
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by optimism91(m): 11:11pm On Jul 22, 2015
emusmith:
Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In.

Popularly quoted; "The future belongs to those who have, believe and pursue their dreams".
It's no doubt there are very many young folks today without a dream.
Some whose parents are well-to-do have decided to "enjoy" the lives till "Jesus comes".

The hazard that brings is usually colossal, enormous and prodigious.

The Average Nigerian boy or girl has no dream and I stand to be corrected.

The Justin Bieber (a Jew) they're celebrating and dying for, in his early teens, discovered his gift of singing and took deliberate and difficult steps in recording and updating them on YouTube. The rest is history...

The crux of this thread is; SOME NIGERIAN YOUTHS INDULGE IN ALL KINDS OF THINGS SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY'VE GOT NO DREAM.

Let me list some...

1. Cultism

Looking up the FP, I saw how 12 "angels" were arrested for lesbianism and cultist practices. Why? Religion is NOT the opium of the masses; Deception is. Any religion that deceives, kills or threatens is a cultist group! Why can't these cultist groups quit threatening these little ones already?
Am I speaking over someone's head? Cultism isn't a far-fetched word anymore o...it is beginning to gain popularity at all levels. From music stars to secondary school children. Na was sha o sad

2. Immorality

I can say this anywhere, "people whose lives and happiness depend on sex hardly make any reasonable AND lasting contribution to life". If you hear a guy or girl say, "I can't live a week without sex", just know that the problem isn't the sex; it's like a food chain. There is a primary problem- Lack of SELF DISCIPLINE. You know how irreplaceably indispensable and consequential discipline is to be successful in any endeavor. Sometimes, I say, "sex is a poor man's hobby". [Opinion mine]

3. Social Media

As vital as hooking up with friends is, it doesn't make any sense from a proper vantage point. I was with a lady one time and the way she was like, "wow, I am so excited! I chatted with most of my primary, secondary and university friends on FB". I almost asked, what were you guys discussing? How much time do you give to social media? What of your dreams? Your aspirations? There is no such thing as "spare time". Nick D' Aloiso, built an app for yahoo during his "spare" hours. You burn yours on FB, Instagram, 2go, Whatsapp, Snapchat and Twitter cheesy Only you? Chairman, Chairlady angry grin

4. Obsession for material things

The way some people spend sooo much time and money building their accessories empire, it's quite alarming. It's not evil to be fashionable at all. It is evil when it takes the place of other VITAL things. For example, you are working with hopes that you'll use a huge part of your salary to finance your own dream or company. She is so trendy and latest that all her hard-earned cash goes for shoes and necklaces; so people can what? At the expense and detriment of your dreams?

5. Unhealthy Comparison

This actually is a big problem especially for guys and ladies who are oblivious of the stuff they carry. You see, until you love yourself (not by saying it or updating it as a dp), you won't truly explore the Real You. You don't have Red Lips, and so what? Your legs are 'K' and not "straight" or "bow" and then? My lips aren't "structured" for kissing...stay there! You must truly accept yourself and be grateful. A psychologist once quoted, "what we think about and thank about, we bring about". Ladies, love yourselves! You're robust so because you want to feel "special", guys take advantage of you! You'll then come to NL and say, "all guys are the same" Ok na!

6. Bad Friends

I read a comment on NL from a guy who helplessly stated how tied he is to some things because his friends forced him or he wanted feel among. You reading this can also attest to the fact that some bad habits you picked up were from friends. This takes us to the last point:

7. Addictions

Addiction, they say is like a comfortable bed. You sleep on it and then find it difficult to get up.
I say it has a Snow ball effect on its prey: It takes you farther than you planned to go. It promises pleasure but offers pain.
Watch it: Call a spade a spade, not an implement of Agriculture. You've not done "it" for three days and your whole body is on fire, my bro and sis- you need God in this one! Read 1 Cor. 9:27. Go all out and free yourself. Why? They hinder the greatest of talented individuals from reaching their peaks.

Remember Eric Cantona (a drunk), MC Hammer (a waster), Ronaldinho (womanizer and party freak), Balotelli (Bad guyss)...

Addiction limit Potentials √

Conclusion: Nigeria is at the brink of a turn- around as you can see. She needs a fresh recruit of a group of young folks who 'know their onions' in various fields of life.

Are you going to be among the few of us who will rescue Nigeria from the onslaught of the 'corrupt many' and launch her to her predestined height?

It starts NOW through the decisions you're making: Follow your dreams and make your nation proud (Li Na pursued her passion for tennis and the nation of China sought her help even after she resigned)

Wake Up and Be Counted!
Your opinion. Don't generalize
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jul 22, 2015
INTROVERT:
True true true..

Please ladies and gentle stop mentioning my moniker as I was just banned from commenting on threads for over 2 hours. Abeg.. even now I can't comment on some sections. cry cry cry cry cry cry
Am in pains now.

grin grin grin grin tongue
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by yomi007k(m): 11:11pm On Jul 22, 2015
Thank God.

Aint guilty of any.

#back to my Coffee grin
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Gurgle(f): 11:11pm On Jul 22, 2015
Captainswag225:
racism from who? Lol i didnt say anything.

by their comments we shall know them

"i can marry from anywhere" my foot

That means I can say anything I like about the big Gh and you cant do lipsrsealed
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by iliyande(m): 11:12pm On Jul 22, 2015
Correct
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by oluwaahmed: 11:13pm On Jul 22, 2015
I read 4rm number 1 to 7 I still no see IGBOO!!!

1 Like

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 22, 2015
Insightful and beautiful, elegantly and intricately written....I must say it's encouraging and motivating for those who have dreams and instinct to pursue it.

Anyway My time Expires on Nairaland.com August 8,2015

Nice one Emusmith

1 Like

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 22, 2015
lagmostkuit:
Op, I dnt agree with all ur points tho!

Had a friend back then in skul who was a cultist and he made 1st class in accountancy. The guy is brainy no be 4 mouth.
NOTE: i'm not advising anyone to join cult oh!

Nice points..

FTC on emusmith's thread grin grin
angry LIFE IS FULL OF SHITTE!!!
YOU MAY BE RIGHT AND WRONG THE SAME TIME.....

EVERYBODY WITH HIS CUP OF TEA
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Captainswag225(m): 11:17pm On Jul 22, 2015
Gurgle:

by their comments we shall know them

"i can marry from anywhere" my foot

That means I can say anything I like about the big Gh and you cant do lipsrsealed
ouch! That was below the belt, the fact that i say something abt nigerians that is negative doesnt mean i hate nigerians, i have alot of nigerian friends in ghana, thats how we debate, we diss eachother alot but we dont fyt, after every debate we go back to being gud friends..... If u dont believe me with all i said to u. Its okay. U can go ahead and insult ghana and i.
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 22, 2015
sonofananimal1:
angry LIFE IS FULL OF SHITTE!!!
YOU MAY BE RIGHT AND WRONG THE SAME TIME.....

EVERYBODY WITH HIS CUP OF TEA
Yeah..
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 22, 2015
thanks op for this wonderful thread may GOD bless you.
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Gurgle(f): 11:21pm On Jul 22, 2015
Captainswag225:
ouch! That was below the belt, the fact that i say something abt nigerians that is negative doesnt mean i hate nigerians, i have alot of nigerian friends in ghana, thats how we debate, we diss eachother alot but we dont fyt, after every debate we go back to being gud friends..... If u dont believe me with all i said to u. Its okay. U can go ahead and insult ghana and i.

yeah im joking I understand

will still be insulting Ghana though. just wait and see grin

1 Like

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by cold(m): 11:23pm On Jul 22, 2015
..An unhealthy obssession with prayers. Anyone who spends three-quarters of his/her time in supposed supplication can't achieve much. Two hands working together are more productive than a million hands clasped in prayers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jul 22, 2015
This is what i preach about on this forum everyday. Young lazy youth who will do nothing and when they do, want to live fake lives like their riches can compare to a Dangote, who still lives moderately despite all he has.

[b]Meanwhile Read this...........

143 millions lines are connected today in Nigeria, more than half of that are making use of the internet service on their Smartphones, PC's and Tablets. Almost all of that average use more than 1 gigabyte worth of data monthly. That is, the normal Johnny on the street probably spends an average of #2000 surfing the web every month and #24,000 yearly. The amount goes higher when you move up a level higher to you and me. What are we doing with the data? Just scrolling through pages, viewing pictures and videos or actually doing something that could boost our financial status.

While some people may argue that people just want to buy data to do these, i have no problem with that. But i am aware there is no man on the planet who is comfortable with where he is. Human wants are insatiable, thus the hunger for improvement in every sphere of human nature. If you are one of such persons who has gotten to that point where you just don't feel right being on a Trillion Dollar per month platform which is the internet and not even able to make a single dollar off it, then this is for you.

Join fiverr today with your valuable mobile data and start making money working from your living room. Fiverr is the world's foremost website for freelancers selling their skills starting from $5. That is $5 is the basic amount you can start selling a gig but you can have gig extras of upto $100, $200 and you can be making more than $1000, $2000 selling your skill on fiverr every month! For some people this may be too good to be true but it is true and hundreds of thousands are making money off it every day. However, those who make money on fiverr are not unskilled individuals who jump in because of the benefits it offers. Those who make money on fiverr are those who have taken time and effort to develop hot, in-demand skills and that is what we want to show you to develop this skills. You will receive professional training to teach you how to create an account and Gigs specific to each of these 5 hot service you would like to learn, which are:

Article Writing
- Learn how to write Unique, SEO optimized articles for businesses from all over the world.
- Learn how to deliver your articles professionally with positive feedbacks and high ratings.
- Receive training on getting repeat orders and promoting your gigs.
- Learn How to offer additional related services like Press Release writing, Reviews and Proofreading $ Editing.

Graphics Design
- Learn how to use Adobe Photoshop to design 2D, Kindle, 3D ebook covers, Logos, Banners, Business cards, Header Graphic, Landing Page, Facebook and twitter cover images and so many other graphics designs.
- Learn how to offer your basic graphics design gigs as well as your Gig extras that can rake you more than $500 to $1000 every month on one account alone.
- Learn how to design Professional Portfolio with samples of your work to attract big buyers.

Web Designing
- Learn how to become a professional Wordpress Website Designer and Developer.
- Learn how you can get proper domain names and get cheap quality hosting.
- Discover how to customize plugins, install widgets, Design web graphics, generate contents, add Ecommerce store and so many other functions.
- Designing Landing Pages and Squeeze pages.
- Find out how you can sell your different web design service options listed above for more than $100 gig extras each!

Video and Animation
- Learn how to create commercial videos for businesses
- Learn how to use Video Scribe software in creating Whiteboard videos(the type of video used by Nigerian banks) and Using Video Maker FX in creating explainer videos.
- Learn how to add Voiceovers, special effects to these videos and what kind of Gig extras can sell in this service.

Social Media Management Service
- Learn the intricacies of the highly profitable Social Media Management business.
- Learn how to create various social Pages and managing them.
- Develop professional interaction skills to help you turn fans, followers and friends into customers for your clients business.

If you wish to know more about each service please visit our training page @ Brilliantlights Media Training Page All of the services training have been produced as hours of videos and tools which have been packaged in DVD's so participants can all enjoy the lessons from the comfort of their homes. What are you waiting for? Get on board this money raking train by getting your own package now @ Brilliantlights Media Training Packages Shop[/b]

1 Like

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Captainswag225(m): 11:25pm On Jul 22, 2015
Gurgle:

yeah im joking I understand

will still be insulting Ghana though. just wait and see grin
lmao, u deserve to be spanked for being a lil naughty. Anyways be free to go against team gh. I know u've got a few jokes against us.
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by kingguu(m): 11:30pm On Jul 22, 2015
lagmostkuit:

Had a friend back then in skul who was a cultist and he made 1st class in accountancy. The guy is brainy no be 4 mouth.

Nice points..

Na mushroom skuls na....tell am make e come get first class 4 uniben. dat 1 na if dey neva mud am.... wink
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by badinfluence: 11:30pm On Jul 22, 2015
jamex93:

u r free to

and u r also free to back up ur clueless post but do DAT with facts
See how the guy ignored you sha.. sorry oo

2 Likes

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by chuchutech(m): 11:31pm On Jul 22, 2015
lagmostkuit:

Nice points..

And what value did cultism add to his life and society if not having blood of people in his hands, the first class wasn't of his making if really he is a cultist or else backyard uni for that matter

1 Like

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 11:32pm On Jul 22, 2015
Nice write up bro, I think nigerian youths can be successful if they drop tribalism and hate.

No nation move forward when 45 percent of youths are hate-filled, foul-mouthed, unpatriotic wench. As for me, I must make my country Nigeria proud one day,come rain come shine because i'm above religious and tribal sentiments. Though some useless hate filled nairalanders can piss someone off from time to time with their odious comments.

God bless our dear country Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 22, 2015
chuchutech:

And what value did cultism add to his life and society if not having blood of people in his hands, the first class wasn't of his making if really he is a cultist or else backyard uni for that matter

kingguu:

Na mushroom skuls na....tell am make e come get first class 4 uniben. dat 1 na if dey neva mud am.... wink
Make una swallow chill pills abeg
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by jamex93(m): 11:34pm On Jul 22, 2015
badinfluence:
See how the guy ignored you sha.. sorry oo

He has no fact to show
If u tink u wanna help him out, u r free to

1 Like

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by badinfluence: 11:36pm On Jul 22, 2015
jamex93:

He has no fact to show

If u tink u wanna help him out, u r free to
Ok
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jul 22, 2015
How did I get here was it through the Front page

Hmmmm wherefore is the way out nigga

Dreaming of More BiigTInzs cool
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by donbabade: 11:39pm On Jul 22, 2015
Good to know some moderators re doing their job unlike some.
INTROVERT:
True true true..

Please ladies and gentle stop mentioning my moniker as I was just banned from commenting on threads for over 2 hours. Abeg.. even now I can't comment on some sections. cry cry cry cry cry cry
Am in pains now.
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Temmytea70(m): 11:39pm On Jul 22, 2015
emusmith:

Nice one!

I watched a movie once and just when he "settled down" to start reaping the harvest, he was shot dead...leaving behind a wife and two kids.

sad

Twas actually 3kids,u dint mention d daughter who is outside the country

1 Like

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 22, 2015
ALL TRUE
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by babyfaceafrica: 11:42pm On Jul 22, 2015
chuchutech:

look people re intelligent and brainy...forget backyrd university...if you are good ,you are good,that guy is good and also a cult..why do u people feel cultist don't make good grades?....the guys is a punk for joining cult and will regret his action..but if indeed he made first class..nice one
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by ChappyChase: 11:45pm On Jul 22, 2015
INTROVERT:
True true true..

Am in pains now.
You sEe your life! Na people like you dey no:3 you can't do with out social media!!!! Every single thread I entered this night you be first to comment!! Ntor person don first you comment for this one!!! Abeg fellow Nairalanders make una dey help me dey mention her moniker so that MOD go dey barn her the more make she fit help her mama for house!!
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by politicalpastor: 11:50pm On Jul 22, 2015
I stop commenting for 1 year . But this one na true talk.

author=emusmith post=36136872]Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In.

Popularly quoted; "The future belongs to those who have, believe and pursue their dreams".
It's no doubt there are very many young folks today without a dream.
Some whose parents are well-to-do have decided to "enjoy" the lives till "Jesus comes".

The hazard that brings is usually colossal, enormous and prodigious.

The Average Nigerian boy or girl has no dream and I stand to be corrected.

The Justin Bieber (a Jew) they're celebrating and dying for, in his early teens, discovered his gift of singing and took deliberate and difficult steps in recording and updating them on YouTube. The rest is history...

The crux of this thread is; SOME NIGERIAN YOUTHS INDULGE IN ALL KINDS OF THINGS SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY'VE GOT NO DREAM.

Let me list some...

1. Cultism

Looking up the FP, I saw how 12 "angels" were arrested for lesbianism and cultist practices. Why? Religion is NOT the opium of the masses; Deception is. Any religion that deceives, kills or threatens is a cultist group! Why can't these cultist groups quit threatening these little ones already?
Am I speaking over someone's head? Cultism isn't a far-fetched word anymore o...it is beginning to gain popularity at all levels. From music stars to secondary school children. Na was sha o sad

2. Immorality

I can say this anywhere, "people whose lives and happiness depend on sex hardly make any reasonable AND lasting contribution to life". If you hear a guy or girl say, "I can't live a week without sex", just know that the problem isn't the sex; it's like a food chain. There is a primary problem- Lack of SELF DISCIPLINE. You know how irreplaceably indispensable and consequential discipline is to be successful in any endeavor. Sometimes, I say, "sex is a poor man's hobby". [Opinion mine]

3. Social Media

As vital as hooking up with friends is, it doesn't make any sense from a proper vantage point. I was with a lady one time and the way she was like, "wow, I am so excited! I chatted with most of my primary, secondary and university friends on FB". I almost asked, what were you guys discussing? How much time do you give to social media? What of your dreams? Your aspirations? There is no such thing as "spare time". Nick D' Aloiso, built an app for yahoo during his "spare" hours. You burn yours on FB, Instagram, 2go, Whatsapp, Snapchat and Twitter cheesy Only you? Chairman, Chairlady angry grin

4. Obsession for material things

The way some people spend sooo much time and money building their accessories empire, it's quite alarming. It's not evil to be fashionable at all. It is evil when it takes the place of other VITAL things. For example, you are working with hopes that you'll use a huge part of your salary to finance your own dream or company. She is so trendy and latest that all her hard-earned cash goes for shoes and necklaces; so people can what? At the expense and detriment of your dreams?

5. Unhealthy Comparison

This actually is a big problem especially for guys and ladies who are oblivious of the stuff they carry. You see, until you love yourself (not by saying it or updating it as a dp), you won't truly explore the Real You. You don't have Red Lips, and so what? Your legs are 'K' and not "straight" or "bow" and then? My lips aren't "structured" for kissing...stay there! You must truly accept yourself and be grateful. A psychologist once quoted, "what we think about and thank about, we bring about". Ladies, love yourselves! You're robust so because you want to feel "special", guys take advantage of you! You'll then come to NL and say, "all guys are the same" Ok na!

6. Bad Friends

I read a comment on NL from a guy who helplessly stated how tied he is to some things because his friends forced him or he wanted feel among. You reading this can also attest to the fact that some bad habits you picked up were from friends. This takes us to the last point:

7. Addictions

Addiction, they say is like a comfortable bed. You sleep on it and then find it difficult to get up.
I say it has a Snow ball effect on its prey: It takes you farther than you planned to go. It promises pleasure but offers pain.
Watch it: Call a spade a spade, not an implement of Agriculture. You've not done "it" for three days and your whole body is on fire, my bro and sis- you need God in this one! Read 1 Cor. 9:27. Go all out and free yourself. Why? They hinder the greatest of talented individuals from reaching their peaks.

Remember Eric Cantona (a drunk), MC Hammer (a waster), Ronaldinho (womanizer and party freak), Balotelli (Bad guyss)...

Addiction limit Potentials √

Conclusion: Nigeria is at the brink of a turn- around as you can see. She needs a fresh recruit of a group of young folks who 'know their onions' in various fields of life.

Are you going to be among the few of us who will rescue Nigeria from the onslaught of the 'corrupt many' and launch her to her predestined height?

It starts NOW through the decisions you're making: Follow your dreams and make your nation proud (Li Na pursued her passion for tennis and the nation of China sought her help even after she resigned)

Wake Up and Be Counted![/quote]
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jul 22, 2015
lagmostkuit:

Nice points..

Of what relevance was the cultism to him ? did it help him get the first class ?. Membership of the cult is , still in my opinion , irrelevant.

Now you know the meaning of relevance

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community / Ugandan Man Watches Woman Drown Because No One To Help Him Hold His Phones / Fan, Woofer, Mounted Ipad In A Keke Napep In Surulere, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.