Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,168 members, 7,811,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In (47069 Views)

10 Habits The Average Nigerian Should Let Go Of! / 10 ways an average Nigerian survives recession / Glo Indulges Subscribers With Best-in-class Data Rates. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 23, 2015
jamex93:

Yes I did

And I have my reasons

I have it when u generalize tinz u haven't make research on

Op did not make research on cultist b4 saying most nigerian guys goes into it, cultist is not every in nigeria. And I can tell u dat most nigerian guys are not into cult

The Op said "most" he does not mean every individual in nigeria.

My opinion: defend yourself alon, nigeria is full of cultist, they are like MTN (everywhere you go)
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by jamex93(m): 10:24am On Jul 23, 2015
HeartRobber:

The Op said "most" he does not mean every individual in nigeria.

My opinion: defend yourself alon, nigeria is full of cultist, they are like MTN (everywhere you go)

Lolx
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by tonte(m): 10:26am On Jul 23, 2015
I hope you are a very rich person since I assume you don't engage in any of these things

emusmith:
Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In.

Popularly quoted; "The future belongs to those who have, believe and pursue their dreams".
It's no doubt there are very many young folks today without a dream.
Some whose parents are well-to-do have decided to "enjoy" the lives till "Jesus comes".

The hazard that brings is usually colossal, enormous and prodigious.

The Average Nigerian boy or girl has no dream and I stand to be corrected.

The Justin Bieber (a Jew) they're celebrating and dying for, in his early teens, discovered his gift of singing and took deliberate and difficult steps in recording and updating them on YouTube. The rest is history...

The crux of this thread is; SOME NIGERIAN YOUTHS INDULGE IN ALL KINDS OF THINGS SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY'VE GOT NO DREAM.

Let me list some...

1. Cultism

Looking up the FP, I saw how 12 "angels" were arrested for lesbianism and cultist practices. Why? Religion is NOT the opium of the masses; Deception is. Any religion that deceives, kills or threatens is a cultist group! Why can't these cultist groups quit threatening these little ones already?
Am I speaking over someone's head? Cultism isn't a far-fetched word anymore o...it is beginning to gain popularity at all levels. From music stars to secondary school children. Na was sha o sad

2. Immorality

I can say this anywhere, "people whose lives and happiness depend on sex hardly make any reasonable AND lasting contribution to life". If you hear a guy or girl say, "I can't live a week without sex", just know that the problem isn't the sex; it's like a food chain. There is a primary problem- Lack of SELF DISCIPLINE. You know how irreplaceably indispensable and consequential discipline is to be successful in any endeavor. Sometimes, I say, "sex is a poor man's hobby". [Opinion mine]

3. Social Media

As vital as hooking up with friends is, it doesn't make any sense from a proper vantage point. I was with a lady one time and the way she was like, "wow, I am so excited! I chatted with most of my primary, secondary and university friends on FB". I almost asked, what were you guys discussing? How much time do you give to social media? What of your dreams? Your aspirations? There is no such thing as "spare time". Nick D' Aloiso, built an app for yahoo during his "spare" hours. You burn yours on FB, Instagram, 2go, Whatsapp, Snapchat and Twitter cheesy Only you? Chairman, Chairlady angry grin

4. Obsession for material things

The way some people spend sooo much time and money building their accessories empire, it's quite alarming. It's not evil to be fashionable at all. It is evil when it takes the place of other VITAL things. For example, you are working with hopes that you'll use a huge part of your salary to finance your own dream or company. She is so trendy and latest that all her hard-earned cash goes for shoes and necklaces; so people can what? At the expense and detriment of your dreams?

5. Unhealthy Comparison

This actually is a big problem especially for guys and ladies who are oblivious of the stuff they carry. You see, until you love yourself (not by saying it or updating it as a dp), you won't truly explore the Real You. You don't have Red Lips, and so what? Your legs are 'K' and not "straight" or "bow" and then? My lips aren't "structured" for kissing...stay there! You must truly accept yourself and be grateful. A psychologist once quoted, "what we think about and thank about, we bring about". Ladies, love yourselves! You're robust so because you want to feel "special", guys take advantage of you! You'll then come to NL and say, "all guys are the same" Ok na!

6. Bad Friends

I read a comment on NL from a guy who helplessly stated how tied he is to some things because his friends forced him or he wanted feel among. You reading this can also attest to the fact that some bad habits you picked up were from friends. This takes us to the last point:

7. Addictions

Addiction, they say is like a comfortable bed. You sleep on it and then find it difficult to get up.
I say it has a Snow ball effect on its prey: It takes you farther than you planned to go. It promises pleasure but offers pain.
Watch it: Call a spade a spade, not an implement of Agriculture. You've not done "it" for three days and your whole body is on fire, my bro and sis- you need God in this one! Read 1 Cor. 9:27. Go all out and free yourself. Why? They hinder the greatest of talented individuals from reaching their peaks.

Remember Eric Cantona (a drunk), MC Hammer (a waster), Ronaldinho (womanizer and party freak), Balotelli (Bad guyss)...

Addiction limit Potentials √

Conclusion: Nigeria is at the brink of a turn- around as you can see. She needs a fresh recruit of a group of young folks who 'know their onions' in various fields of life.

Are you going to be among the few of us who will rescue Nigeria from the onslaught of the 'corrupt many' and launch her to her predestined height?

It starts NOW through the decisions you're making: Follow your dreams and make your nation proud (Li Na pursued her passion for tennis and the nation of China sought her help even after she resigned)

Wake Up and Be Counted!
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by modified(m): 10:27am On Jul 23, 2015
I concor to some extent and mostly disagree. It depends, psychologically nature noture attitude has a great role to play but its all depends on ones mind-set.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 23, 2015
jamex93:

Lolx

Nice day, bro
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by dorox10: 10:39am On Jul 23, 2015
Y posteth thou spoil. All ur point na robish guy. Try make ur research again, doooo
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 23, 2015
jamex93:
Op u made dat list out of ur own point of view using ur own part of the wold, u making mention of cultist is a very big mistake
how? Explain! U belong?cos what I've seen, cultism is a distraction and a medium to end ur life's purpose.
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by posiworld(m): 10:50am On Jul 23, 2015
TRUE... hope i can reblog on dpositiveworld.com & posiworld1.
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by jamex93(m): 10:52am On Jul 23, 2015
shadowgwalker:
how? Explain! U belong?cos what I've seen, cultism is a distraction and a medium to end ur life's purpose.

U lack understanding
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 23, 2015
jamex93:
.... So because u r in ph and according to u al youths in ph belong to one cult or d orda makes al nigerian youths cultist? ..... Now i see who lacks knowledge here, if i may ask how many nigerian states have u visited and u notice dat cultist is wat d youths go into? .....how many western states have u visited? How many northern states have u visited? How many eastern states have u visited? U have not been out of ph since u were born, and u come here to tell us trash . . . I pity u for ur lack of knowledge
is that ur general understanding after reading the post?
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 23, 2015
jamex93:

I lack understanding
I know u do, must u tell me.
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Ephemmm: 11:08am On Jul 23, 2015
lagmostkuit:
Op, I dnt agree with all ur points tho!

Had a friend back then in skul who was a cultist and he made 1st class in accountancy. The guy is brainy no be 4 mouth.
NOTE: i'm not advising anyone to join cult oh!

And who told you he didn't manoveur his ways either through connections with lecturers who are also cultists or by victimizing others who were not cultist to give him good mark or risk their lives? tongue tongue tongue

Nice points..

FTC on emusmith's thread grin grin
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by jamex93(m): 11:08am On Jul 23, 2015
shadowgwalker:
I know I do, must u tell me.

Just telling u I knw
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by khalebzy(m): 11:11am On Jul 23, 2015
INTROVERT:
True true true..

Please ladies and gentle stop mentioning my moniker as I was just banned from commenting on threads for over 2 hours. Abeg.. even now I can't comment on some sections. cry cry cry cry cry cry
Am in pains now.
cool
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by MozB: 12:12pm On Jul 23, 2015
lagmostkuit:
Op, I dnt agree with all ur points tho!

Had a friend back then in skul who was a cultist and he made 1st class in accountancy. The guy is brainy no be 4 mouth.
NOTE: i'm not advising anyone to join cult oh!

Nice points..

FTC on emusmith's thread grin grin

lol... U are nt making any point at all. Are u saying he got first class becos he was a cultist?
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by darqly(m): 12:26pm On Jul 23, 2015
You forgot to mention the more obvious ones that occur daily, especially on social media.

1. Rolling on the floor squealing with glee because you were the first to comment on a topic angry Most times, the comment adds no value to the ongoing debate. Very disgusting and childish.

2. Hurling insults and name-calling at the slightest opportunity because we do not agree on an issue, instead of sharing ideas and learning from each other.
This one takes the cake, because we do not seem to realise we reflect our true personas to the entire world even if we do it anonymously online. The consensus by now would be that we're a shallow minded bunch at best, or religiously blinded, hate-filled ethnic bigots mostly.
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by sparkleRed(f): 12:59pm On Jul 23, 2015
MozB:

lol... U are nt making any point at all. Are u saying he got first class becos he was a cultist?
No u re nt understanding ha post ni
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 23, 2015
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by IBBG(m): 2:17pm On Jul 23, 2015
Superman11:

When you stand somewhere and talk about the average Nigerian youth having no dreams! i will simply ask you a question!!
what is the head count you made ?
Which statistical data or survey did you carryout to ascertain this authority?
More So, If the youths in your village join cults and have a lot of sex and forget that they should make something of their lives , it doesn't correlate to the 150 Million Nigerians. That tiny population you might have seen in your village square or on TV does not represent hundreds of millions of people. Don't wake up in the morning and post Rubbish without proper authority.
Are you a researcher , teacher or journalist??
If you had said this is a list of activities that can lead a youth in Nigeria to distraction from his/her dreams that is different.
Watch your words right before you post them. When you wake up in your sleep and vote for someone, it cannot be counted in reality.
SMH. whats ur beef with the op. He has stated the obvious which i concur that it is true based on the trend of things in our society today. he is simply sounding a clarion call to challenge the present crop of youths to wake up from their slumber and push for their dreams whose multiplier effects will generally improve the country as a whole. and all you can do is condem him for that. seriously, i mean no disrepect but i think u've just unwittingly confirm what the op has complained about what is wrong with this nation. my advice to you is always defend the truth no matter who is speaking it as long as it is the truth. Don't condem the truth simply because you don't like who speaking it.

1 Like

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by ModiKen(m): 4:50pm On Jul 23, 2015
INTROVERT:
True true true..

Please ladies and gentle stop mentioning my moniker as I was just banned from commenting on threads for over 2 hours. Abeg.. even now I can't comment on some sections. cry cry cry cry cry cry
Am in pains now.

Oh Lord! Just two hours?!!

Why didn't they ban you for two days?!

We are tired of seeing you rushing to be the first to comment in every post that makes front page.

Babe, you no get work or boyfriend/husband?!

Nothing else to take your mind off nairaland?

Oya.....

1 Like

Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by abokikhalifa: 5:30pm On Jul 23, 2015
op all this things are normal things that an average youth should engage his/her self in. or mo na 21st century be this o. if am not mistaking.
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by MozB: 7:44pm On Jul 23, 2015
sparkleRed:

No u re nt understanding ha post ni

i totally understand. All the person is saying is that cultism doesnt pay. Ur friend that got first class, wat if the person paid his way there?
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by sparkleRed(f): 8:29pm On Jul 23, 2015
MozB:

i totally understand. All the person is saying is that cultism doesnt pay. Ur friend that got first class, wat if the person paid his way there?

U re sayn a diff thing, she wouldn't knw and first class is neva gotten by money, u cn get 2nd class upper buh nt first class with money or kind
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by Superman11(m): 9:23pm On Jul 23, 2015
IBBG:
SMH. whats ur beef with the op. He has stated the obvious which i concur that it is true based on the trend of things in our society today. he is simply sounding a clarion call to challenge the present crop of youths to wake up from their slumber and push for their dreams whose multiplier effects will generally improve the country as a whole. and all you can do is condem him for that. seriously, i mean no disrepect but i think u've just unwittingly confirm what the op has complained about what is wrong with this nation. my advice to you is always defend the truth no matter who is speaking it as long as it is the truth. Don't condem the truth simply because you don't like who speaking it.

I am being very factual.. if you don't have dreams like the original poster said, then you can speak for yourself also. Nigerian youths have Dreams and goals and so much more. He has just stated mere words which are baseless, no backing and no research was made to come up with these findings. You could be said to be deeply flawed if you adhere to such belief.
The truth or any truth must have been proven. Take your advice and give yourself dreams if you don't ave any.
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by haryomikun(m): 10:29pm On Jul 23, 2015
emusmith:

Nice one!

I watched a movie once and just when he "settled down" to start reaping the harvest, he was shot dead...leaving behind a wife and two kids.

sad

O boy, OP u be real jewman ohh. Who told u dey always chase cultists to kill them after dey are done with skul. Stop believing 'stories' u hear mahn. If stories were true, then all nigerians would have been scammers
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by MozB: 11:44pm On Jul 23, 2015
sparkleRed:

U re sayn a diff thing, she wouldn't knw and first class is neva gotten by money, u cn get 2nd class upper buh nt first class with money or kind

lol... Na naija we de o
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by sparkleRed(f): 6:04am On Jul 24, 2015
MozB:

lol... Na naija we de o

There is still a limitation, even lecturers knw na, first class no be beans oo
Re: Seven Irrelevant Things An Average Nigerian Youth Indulges In by MozB: 9:24am On Jul 24, 2015
sparkleRed:

There is still a limitation, even lecturers knw na, first class no be beans oo

ohr d there na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Residents Flee As Monkeys Invade Lagos Community / Ugandan Man Watches Woman Drown Because No One To Help Him Hold His Phones / Fan, Woofer, Mounted Ipad In A Keke Napep In Surulere, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.