Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. (3136 Views)

I Want To Quit My Job / Help: I Just Quit My Job / My Job Interview Experience Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by ConfessionsNgr: 11:24pm On Jul 21, 2015
Hello everyone, please I need your urgent advice on this trivial issue
because I don't want it to break my home. I'm a married woman with three kids. My husband is a Civil Engineer while I work in a bank. I was working as a cashier before my transfer to the marketing department of the bank. When I told my husband about it he kicked against it vehemently and said if I can't be posted to other departments, I should resign from the job. I pleaded with him and assured him that I will be loyal to him and I will never cheat on him. Of course am not a baby and I know why he is never in support of this. But all my pleas fell on deaf ears. Take it or leave it, my salary plays its part in family finance, we are not that financially bouyant and besides I hate being idle. To get another job is not an easy task. The issue of my job is already turning my home into a battle ground. Please help!!

Posted anonymously on www.confessionsnigeria.com
http://confessionsnigeria.com/post/147/my-husband-wants-me-to-quit-my-job

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jul 21, 2015
undecided
Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by sben2308(m): 12:35am On Jul 22, 2015
To be sincere ask urself .Money or happy home .All lot better than you in banks had to resign cuz they know that happy home isn't wat U pik on d way..
Choose wisely cuz family is about compromising .

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by Adesiji77: 12:39am On Jul 22, 2015
i will be back to comment
Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by ZandaBright: 12:40am On Jul 22, 2015
Don"t allow that to cause problem for you and your husband.I am a man and understand the position of your husband in this matter.However,If after exploring every means to explain to him that you will be faithful to him in the Marketing job as you said and he insist that you must resign...Kindly do so but let him assure you that he would either get you another job or open a shop for you..so that you will not be idle as you said.Your family is more important than that job...MOST IMPORTANTLY Pray and ask GOD to guide you.Peace Must remain in that your family in Jesus Name.These are little little things the devil use to mess up a peaceful home but do not give him that chance...You can only do that with fasting and prayer...Goodluck Madam

8 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by Nobody: 6:17am On Jul 22, 2015
I doubt you can do marketing job in nigeria without using your body. Listen to him,he is right. God will give you another job. Bank marketing iss just not it

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by Iaz93: 6:19am On Jul 22, 2015
Seems your husband doesn't trust you.

For the sake of your children and a happy home, try to work your way into another department. If it doesn't work out, quit the job to save your home from further crisis. Your kids shouldn't grow up in an unhappy home.

Since he told you to quit, then maybe he has other plans for you.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 22, 2015
Both of you should just find a balance... . Isn't it possible to work yourself to another department? I really don't think you should quit like that since your money plays a part in the family finance cos if hardship sets in una no go like am.....
Also, you shouldn't quit without trying. . Give the marketing job a trial, see how it goes then decide. ...
Be on the lookout for other jobs too...

However, you and your husband have the final say in this matter. ....

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by Jamean(f): 7:19am On Jul 22, 2015
Hmmm. Lemme read
Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by debris: 8:03am On Jul 22, 2015
Me I just hate anything marketing for females even if you be sister maria you go comply or get sack letter.
Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 22, 2015
My woman I go fit give you everything cheesy

Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by thorpido(m): 9:32am On Jul 22, 2015
It's a tough decision to make because finance is a big deal in marriage.If you can convince your husband to give you a probationary period,you could use that time to see how it works and also try to source for other jobs.Quit if ther pressure is on.
A happy home is important but let your hubby know,you have to work together.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by Ayameze2015(m): 9:48am On Jul 22, 2015
A happy home is better..nairalander's help me. A new construction company that is based in digging and selling of all it take to construct a goad road, offered me a job instantly after i lose my job. On conditions that 1. I'll not complain of my salary since its a new company the are paying their employee anytime the are financially stable i.e after 3-4months. 2. The are yet to bring computer and other machines e.t.c so i need your advise if am to accept it.
Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by Godfullsam(m): 10:04am On Jul 22, 2015
Ask your husband to tell you why he doesn't want you to work in the marketing department.

May be he doesn't trust you undecided.

If his reason is TRUST, i will advice you quit the job and save your marriage because the relationship is already dead if there is no trust.

God will provide another job for you.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by onoerime: 11:23am On Jul 22, 2015
OUIT!
Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by jennex05(m): 11:35am On Jul 22, 2015
It's easier to get a job than a husband
Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by adorable29(f): 11:42am On Jul 22, 2015
Hmmm, quite dicey!

If as you said, you would not indulge in all those stories we hear about marketers, then keep trying to explain to your hubby why you must keep your job! See if you can get one or two elderly people he respects to talk to him on your behalf..... In all of this, try and be gentle and don't over blow issues..... You need to place yourself in his shoes and understand his insecurities!

But, NEVER quit your job! Jobs are very very very very difficult to come by this days. You will just find yourself at home, depressed, unfulfilled, and this can also shatter your home too!

Forget all this "set up a business" for you talk... Few businesses, nowadays are beneficial unless you have really really huge sums of money to invest in it... Outta 100, only 20 comes out successful in this country with all the economic meltdown and poor infrastructure...

Keep your job!

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by blank(f): 12:07pm On Jul 22, 2015
All these low esteem men. Why should you resign when he is not as rich as Dangote? Can his salary pay for you to travel the world and just lounge? Even Dj Cuppy whose father is a billionaire is still hustling to make a career. When his BP starts to to rise when he cannot keep up with the bills, guess who will be at the receiving end of punches?

I won't even listen to such crap. My husband knows better than to bring such near me. Ask your husband to work on himself and stop sleeping with all those marketers that throng his side. Maybe that is why he is having money issues.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by ignis: 12:34pm On Jul 22, 2015
Personally. ... I don't like marketing jobs... Especially for married lady .

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by Eddygourdo(m): 12:56pm On Jul 22, 2015
blank:
All these low esteem men. Why should you resign when he is not as rich as Dangote? Can his salary pay for you to travel the world and just lounge? Even Dj Cuppy whose father is a billionaire is still hustling to make a career. When his BP starts to to rise when he cannot keep up with the bills, guess who will be at the receiving end of punches?

I won't even listen to such crap. My husband knows better than to bring such near me. He needs to work on himself and stop sleeping with all those marketers that throng his side. Maybe that is why he is having money issues.
you really must be single and if mistakenly married, will soon be single soonest. Women and playing the victim card ur the type if caught pants down u will tell us it's ur husband's fault, blah blah blah. smh for some half bred ladies

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by blank(f): 1:15pm On Jul 22, 2015
Eddygourdo:
you really must be single and if mistakenly married, will soon be single soonest. Women and playing the victim card ur the type if caught pants down u will tell us it's ur husband's fault, blah blah blah. smh for some half bred ladies

More low esteem guys coming out.
Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by deflover(m): 1:48pm On Jul 22, 2015
dont give up your job for anything.....it seems he is so blinded by jealousy and wont see reasons why you both need this income.....there are no jobs any where.....hold on to what you have and go to God in prayer

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by Eddygourdo(m): 1:58pm On Jul 22, 2015
blank:

More low esteem guys coming out.
yes oh we coming out. My text to u is food for thought
Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by ogbonnajude507: 1:58pm On Jul 22, 2015
WELL,THE TRUTH IS I WORK IN A BANK AND I UNDERSTAND HOW IT GOES HERE,I CANT EVEN ALLOW MY DEAR WIFE TO WORK IN A BANK NOT TO TALK OF TAKEN A MARKETING JAB,I SERIOUSLY UNDERSTAND YOUR HUBBY AND HIS FEARS.THERE IS NOTHING SO PRECIOUS AS HAVING A HAPPY HOME,u cant afford to have a broken home and deny your children that opportunity of good upbringing.life is too short for all those hullabaloo.if your husbands final decision is for u to quit the job after citeing various reason to remain on-the-job,i will humbly suggest you quit the job because the peanut is not worth the fight by his grace u can still find something better.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by blank(f): 2:14pm On Jul 22, 2015
Eddygourdo:
yes oh we coming out. My text to u is food for thought

Take your food for thought and feed it to yourself.

Thanks for admitting you have low esteem for yourself.
Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by Qualer: 2:37pm On Jul 22, 2015
blank:

I won't even listen to such crap. My husband knows better than to bring such near me. Ask your husband to work on himself and stop sleeping with all those marketers that throng his side. Maybe that is why he is having money issues.

Did you even read before spewing half-baked, unintelligible crap?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by akosh005: 4:53pm On Jul 22, 2015
Ur husband have hidden agenda
Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by Kelklein(m): 5:57pm On Jul 22, 2015
Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by OmniSparrow: 6:23pm On Jul 22, 2015
akosh005:
Ur husband have hiding agenda
Hidden agenda.
Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by akosh005: 6:28pm On Jul 22, 2015
OmniSparrow:

Hidden agenda.
Thanks for d correction
Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by Mobebi(m): 7:13pm On Jul 22, 2015
In this hard times, you want to resign from your job cos your Husband wants it so. How much is his monthly pay? even if he is being paid millions, don't make that mistake and resign. I know some people will come and start preaching about love and happy home, my sister, abeg no resign o. nothing like your own personal income. everyday I read on blogs where women who resigned their jobs at the orders of their husbands are cryin and asking for help...

if you like resign, Na your toro. when reality dawn on you later, don't come and be asking people for advice. If your husband divorces you tomorrow, how do u cope?

Wetin u go spend four or five years for in the university? is it for you to become a house wife? if yes, then why did u go to the university?
Is there a course in the university that is called HOUSE WIFE? or certificate known as B.Sc in House wife?

Even if heaven go fall, WOMAN, DONT RESIGN FROM YOUR WORK O.

I am a man and I know what I am saying. Wise people listen to counsels .

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Me To Quit My Job. by Olabestonic001(m): 8:09pm On Jul 22, 2015
Hmmm, some people are going about with bombs that can destroy their future judging from some ill comments here. What do these people even know marriage to be? It may be shocking to know such people might be products of broken homes or sad ones: of such people be wary!
Ask your hubby the 'mind' behind his insistence. Ask for the Terms and Conditions with which he wants you to exit with (he should have one), a good woman builds her own home, a foolish one brings it down. I love your marriage, don't let those who knows next to nothing about it and who are 'divorce-driven' affect or infect your mind.
GOD bless you ma'am.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please How Do I Get To 'ogbunike Street, Lekki Estate Phase 1, Eti Osa, Lagos' / Sterling Bank Sales Officer (workforce) / Top 10 High Salary Paying Countries In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.