Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,940 members, 7,841,608 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 (933112 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by cutieme(m): 6:20pm On Aug 19, 2015
Gooci:
finally got emirate id nd other documents today... am off to Al Ahli driving skool tomao to register.
1. make unna help me pray make dem accept 1000aed as deposit

2. Make i pass ontime oo

thanks at all
bro how do one go about the driving school enrolment,thanks
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Gooci(m): 7:33pm On Aug 19, 2015
cutieme:
bro how do one go about the driving school enrolment,thanks
chaii... where do i start sef.... e jst be like say i wan go second degree course.

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 19, 2015
I have decided I want to take the plunge and try out job hunting in Dubai as I haven't be lucky here in Nigeria. After returning from the UK with an Msc in May, 2014, it's almost a year and a half now and nothing to show for it here. Bsc was in Geology, Msc in Purchasing and Supply chain Management. I have a 3 year work experience as a Logistics Officer. Since this thread is strictly a DIY process, I have read the beginning of the Part 2 and have some questions...Please forgive me if they have been incessantly repeated, am just beginning this Journey here.

I want to go for the 3 months single entry visa, my travel agent here says it's not possible for me as I have up to be 40years old before I can get it. The whole thing got me confused. I tried out dubaivisa.net using emirates, apart from the fact that it is doable and I meet their eligibility criteria, it's a bit expensive and I would definitely prefer an alternative way if there are reputable travel agents that can get the visa for me. it's almost $1000 airfare return ticket, when I can easily get there for $500 using Ethiopian airlines. Apart from that, they also require a confirmed hotel booking for duration of stay. If I intend to job hunt for 3 months, most definitely I won't be in a hotel for all the 90 days, Just about 2 or 3 and then opt for shared accommodation as was suggested by Justi.... These are my first challenges, does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about this?
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by ken1982: 9:11pm On Aug 19, 2015
there r boundless companies here who may need u (only say indians ehn...they can like to control all d jobs here)

airlink, emirates sky cargo,...etc...plenty...so many

getting the 3 months visa to me is not easy unless u hv someone in here that will ru n it for u

but try n com...u hv good chances

Toby77:
I have decided I want to take the plunge and try out job hunting in Dubai as I haven't be lucky here in Nigeria. After returning from the UK with an Msc in May, 2014, it's almost a year and a half now and nothing to show for it here. Bsc was in Geology, Msc in Purchasing and Supply chain Management. I have a 3 year work experience as a Logistics Officer. Since this thread is strictly a DIY process, I have read the beginning of the Part 2 and have some questions...Please forgive me if they have been incessantly repeated, am just beginning this Journey here.

I want to go for the 3 months single entry visa, my travel agent here says it's not possible for me as I have up to be 40years old before I can get it. The whole thing got me confused. I tried out dubaivisa.net using emirates, apart from the fact that it is doable and I meet their eligibility criteria, it's a bit expensive and I would definitely prefer an alternative way if there are reputable travel agents that can get the visa for me. it's almost $1000 airfare return ticket, when I can easily get there for $500 using Ethiopian airlines. Apart from that, they also require a confirmed hotel booking for duration of stay. If I intend to job hunt for 3 months, most definitely I won't be in a hotel for all the 90 days, Just about 2 or 3 and then opt for shared accommodation as was suggested by Justi.... These are my first challenges, does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about this?

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 19, 2015
ken1982:
there r boundless companies here who may need u (only say indians ehn...they can like to control all d jobs here)

airlink, emirates sky cargo,...etc...plenty...so many

getting the 3 months visa to me is not easy unless u hv someone in here that will ru n it for u

but try n com...u hv good chances

If am booking with emirates, how does one do the confirm hotel booking thing? Does it mean I have to book for 3 months in an hotel? Abeg someone should please help me here. the visa costs just $188 through emirates
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by ken1982: 10:02pm On Aug 19, 2015
dunno that one o

Toby77:

If am booking with emirates, how does one do the confirm hotel booking thing? Does it mean I have to book for 3 months in an hotel? Abeg someone should please help me here. the visa costs just $188 through emirates
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by lasisima: 12:32pm On Aug 20, 2015
please I want to apply for undergraduate admission for my sister in Dubai. I hereby need your help and advice may be you can help me with good university that pay low tuition fees. Our family can afford 1m for her annually. And if less the better it is. Please the whole house I need your advice and help.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by worry359(m): 1:00pm On Aug 20, 2015
lasisima:
please I want to apply for undergraduate admission for my sister in Dubai. I hereby need your help and advice may be you can help me with good university that pay low tuition fees. Our family can afford 1m for her annually. And if less the better it is. Please the whole house I need your advice and help.

You have not given much information to allow people to reply.
What subject does she want to study?
What school grades has she got?
Is your 1mil just to pay tuition? What about paying housing, food and all the other things?
Is there extra money for that?

Dubai is not a cheap place either to study or live.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by FADEO: 8:37pm On Aug 20, 2015
Please i need current information on how to obtain vacation visa to UAE including the cost and the procedure to obtain the visa. please anyone with useful information should please respond as i am planing a vacation sometimes in the 4th quarter. Thank you for your response.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Teeboy22(m): 10:08pm On Aug 20, 2015
lasisima:
www.uowdubai.ac.ae/international-students/student-visa
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Teeboy22(m): 10:10pm On Aug 20, 2015
FADEO:
Please i need current information on how to obtain vacation visa to UAE including the cost and the procedure to obtain the visa. please anyone with useful information should please respond as i am planing a vacation sometimes in the 4th quarter. Thank you for your response.
go back to the first page

all you need is there...

www.nairaland.com/2471964/qatar-uae-general-visa-enquiries

Tunde Euro
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by ugsams(m): 4:05am On Aug 21, 2015
samhay:

@Ugsams, oya answer dis too

I'm sorry bro but Al Ain is one of the cities i'm yet to visit. I will try to visit there when next i'm on a break
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Taiwotasungo: 4:43am On Aug 21, 2015
ugsams:

I'm sorry bro but Al Ain is one of the cities i'm yet to visit. I will try to visit there when next i'm on a break

Hello bro are you saying the heat there high pass Kano? shocked
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by ugsams(m): 9:46am On Aug 21, 2015
Taiwotasungo:

Hello bro are you saying the heat there high pass Kano? shocked

I haven't been to Kano but i know it is hotter here... In Nigeria we say it's very hot when we have above 30 degrees but here we say it is hot when it's above 40 degrees and it gets to 50 degrees at times. However, you will certainly be able to cope.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Holayemi12: 12:36pm On Aug 21, 2015
Please I'm travelling to dubai for tourists visit for 3 month and I'm going on one way visa is it advisable?
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by worry359(m): 1:14pm On Aug 21, 2015
Holayemi12:
Please I'm travelling to dubai for tourists visit for 3 month and I'm going on one way visa is it advisable?

Do you mead one way TICKET.
If Nigerian airport even allow you board the aircraft then you will probably be refused at point of entry.
If you are on a tourist visa they expect you to have a return ticket.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by samhay: 4:20pm On Aug 21, 2015
ugsams:

I haven't been to Kano but i know it is hotter here... In Nigeria we say it's very hot when we have above 30 degrees but here we say it is hot when it's above 40 degrees and it gets to 50 degrees at times. However, you will certainly be able to cope.

Last week on our way to Al Ain we branched so wia in Abu Dhabi, I met a guy and I was complaining about d weather and he told me his oda roommate' a Nigerian left a day b4 becos of the weather. I was like SHUUUU!!!!!

But here in AL Ain, I can av my bathe with water running out of d tap immediately, but at Dubai wia i was b4,its either I fetch my water at night so dat it can cool off and I use it to bathe in the morning or I get my water and place it close to the AC. It's damn too hot. Yet Dem say am lucky I came towards the end
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by samhay: 4:21pm On Aug 21, 2015
Holayemi12:

Dose wey get return ticket sef, dem still disturb dem for Muri not to talk of 1way.

Bro na return ticket you need ooo and evidence of a booked hotel
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 21, 2015
Hihi, I hope to be an active member onb this thread soon.
Want to come to dubai to study cooking and get a job afterwards ina hotel or restaurant.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by justi4jesu(f): 6:29am On Aug 22, 2015
qbd2:
Hihi, I hope to be an active member onb this thread soon.
Want to come to dubai to study cooking and get a job afterwards ina hotel or restaurant.

You mean catering I guess. So check on google and you can get some schools offering it.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by justi4jesu(f): 6:35am On Aug 22, 2015
samhay:

Last week on our way to Al Ain we branched so wia in Abu Dhabi, I met a guy and I was complaining about d weather and he told me his oda roommate' a Nigerian left a day b4 becos of the weather. I was like SHUUUU!!!!!

But here in AL Ain, I can av my bathe with water running out of d tap immediately, but at Dubai wia i was b4,its either I fetch my water at night so dat it can cool off and I use it to bathe in the morning or I get my water and place it close to the AC. It's damn too hot. Yet Dem say am lucky I came towards the end

Are you kidding me, how can you bath with cold water when everywhere is cold with AC except outside your house. Malls,shops,offices,schools,Metro etc even the local Deira market shops are cold. Except you spend most of your time outside else you can hardly feel the hotness.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 22, 2015
justi4jesu:

You mean catering I guess. So check on google and you can get some schools offering it.
Not catering, culinary arts actually. Yeah I ady applied to mcqueens at dubai. Still waiting for d reply.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by justi4jesu(f): 8:48am On Aug 22, 2015
qbd2:

Not catering, culinary arts actually. Yeah I ady applied to mcqueens at dubai. Still waiting for d reply.

Okay there are schools in Dubai that offer such courses so check on google and send to more than one school.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 22, 2015
justi4jesu:

Okay there are schools in Dubai that offer such courses so check on google and send to more than one school.
Yeah, but its still d one dat seems more feasible. Cheaper and also cos it says free work placement upon completion of thje program. I just need to know if one wud be able to get a job if one takes this kind of course. What's d job prospects for chefs in dubai and. Nigerians being employed in dis field?
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by ugsams(m): 11:12am On Aug 22, 2015
samhay:

I dont feel the heat now as before, probably i'm used to it or
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by damijah(m): 4:02pm On Aug 22, 2015
It's hot ooo. Sweat sticking on shirt mehn,
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by ken1982: 5:55pm On Aug 22, 2015
if u spend time outside u tend to want to bathe with cold water

last year i was craving cold water bath o but this year was better
justi4jesu:

Are you kidding me, how can you bath with cold water when everywhere is cold with AC except outside your house. Malls,shops,offices,schools,Metro etc even the local Deira market shops are cold. Except you spend most of your time outside else you can hardly feel the hotness.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by samhay: 8:08pm On Aug 22, 2015
justi4jesu:

Na because u r used to it. I always try to wake up early so dat i can use d water kept outside before odas wake and use it to bath. Water wey dey comot vapour. I no fit use am o.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by samhay: 8:14pm On Aug 22, 2015
ugsams:

I dont feel the heat now as before, probably i'm used to it or

Yes u r. Wrkin up inside AC, yet I no fit use d water. @justi, do somtin abt my earlier question on description to Deira side from AL Ain.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by kanzjude: 2:20pm On Aug 23, 2015
I am 27 years old. Have worked in a private petroleum depot in Nigeria for over five years and have worked in different departments of the same company as a maintenance officer, safety officer and currently as an operations officer. I have over these years obtained great experiences, knowledge and exposure on the above departments as well as professional certification including NEBOSH, OSHA, PMP and other technical certificates.
My pay here is nothing to write about and ii want to move to UAE for better opportunities. I have been applying online via thee UAE job sites but have not been contacted by any.
Please I need help on how to secure job over there before moving. I don't want to go there first. I heard it's possible to secure while in Nigeria. Any assistance from anyone will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by truelovecom: 6:24pm On Aug 23, 2015
Toby77:

If its hotel booking you need , go to www.booking.com
They will send you a confirmed hotel booking to your email ( You dont have to pay , its book now and pay later)
Print out the confirmation letter from your email, and submit to dvpc

Tell me if it went through( I wish u success)

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by diggy4real: 11:13pm On Aug 23, 2015
Please someone should help me.
I booked etihad airways tru travelstart to Dubai.
I even subscribed to some of dia products....like "cancellation and refund" policy( u guys should knw if u v booked with em b4)

The agent DAT I used for visa processing delayed my process....cudnt get visa in time before departure date. So I called on d eve of departure date to tell dem to cancel my journey.
To cut the story short....I just ask them( travel start) for refund...they said d airline( etihad) charges 112k for cancellation that after d deduction I will b getting 15k out of 165k(flight ticket fee)......imagine! .....I opted to use the ticket January 2016....they(travelstart ) said my ticket expires 16 October...,. Imagine..... I asked them about d "cancellation and refund product" I subscribed to.....they said I can only get refund if I cancelled flight due to illness or death of passenger ( if I die) imagine!......please travel gurus.......help me out o....I can't afford to lose 165k just like DAT.......please I need advice asap.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.