Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,074 members, 7,842,069 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 (933158 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by samhay: 3:08am On Aug 24, 2015
Anybody taking the safety course online or u av some knowledge abt it should plz signify I gat some questions
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by nattybanta(m): 7:30am On Aug 24, 2015
wink smileymissed you guys!!!!! Been a while.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Nobody: 7:48am On Aug 24, 2015
samhay:
Anybody taking the safety course online or u av some knowledge abt it should plz signify I gat some questions
am tryin to run dat online course even bt dnt knw hw to go abt it.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 24, 2015
truelovecom:

If its hotel booking you need , go to www.booking.com
They will send you a confirmed hotel booking to your email ( You dont have to pay , its book now and pay later)
Print out the confirmation letter from your email, and submit to dvpc

Tell me if it went through( I wish u success)

Am currently procuring the visa through a reliable agent. As much as they preach DIY here it's virtually almost impossible for a job seeker here to get a 3 months Dubai Visa on your own especially if you are below 41 years. The requirements through the channels advised on the first page are too stringent

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by diggy4real: 9:02am On Aug 24, 2015
diggy4real:
Please someone should help me.
I booked etihad airways tru travelstart to Dubai.
I even subscribed to some of dia products....like "cancellation and refund" policy( u guys should knw if u v booked with em b4)

The agent DAT I used for visa processing delayed my process....cudnt get visa in time before departure date. So I called on d eve of departure date to tell dem to cancel my journey.
To cut the story short....I just ask them( travel start) for refund...they said d airline( etihad) charges 112k for cancellation that after d deduction I will b getting 15k out of 165k(flight ticket fee)......imagine! .....I opted to use the ticket January 2016....they(travelstart ) said my ticket expires 16 October...,. Imagine..... I asked them about d "cancellation and refund product" I subscribed to.....they said I can only get refund if I cancelled flight due to illness or death of passenger ( if I die) imagine!......please travel gurus.......help me out o....I can't afford to lose 165k just like DAT.......please I need advice asap.

Someone shud help me oooo
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by worry359(m): 9:09am On Aug 24, 2015
diggy4real:

Someone shud help me oooo

Sorry but those are typical conditions on tickets to prevent people messing them about.
The money is gone and there is no point crying over it.

Also you used an agent which is always a risk.
Why did you book a ticket before the visa was out?

2 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by diggy4real: 9:56am On Aug 24, 2015
worry359:

Sorry but those are typical conditions on tickets to prevent people messing them about.
The money is gone and there is no point crying over it.

Also you used an agent which is always a risk.
Why did you book a ticket before the visa was out?

Huh! Gone? Nothing can be done? Am finished oooooo.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by truelovecom: 11:17am On Aug 24, 2015
Toby77:

Am currently procuring the visa through a reliable agent. As much as they preach DIY here it's virtually almost impossible for a job seeker here to get a 3 months Dubai Visa on your own especially if you are below 41 years. The requirements through the channels advised on the first page are too stringent

There no age restriction for 90days visa, except if your a female( below 25 years) you need to be accompained.

As for DIY, its not difficult. Though it seems a bit hard for first time travellers to Uae . Most visa agency in uae require security deposit before they process your visa , same as Emirates airline , Ethihad or Qatar airways. This requirement is for visa applicants that dont have a uae entry/exit stamp or who havent travelled to Uk, Schengen area etc.

If you use a visa agent for the 90days visa , you might pay close to 200k just for the visa or you may even pay more.
Why the cost? cos the agent will charge you a repatriation fee or security deposit.

The danger of using a visa agency. I believe all visa agency in uae have a yearly visa quota, and once they reach that quota they cant sponsor anymore. But the sad thing is that they wont inform you they have reached there quota , they will collect your money and later inform you that your visa application has been rejected by the immigration.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 24, 2015
truelovecom:

There no age restriction for 90days visa, except if your a female( below 25 years) you need to be accompained.

As for DIY, its not difficult. Though it seems a bit hard for first time travellers to Uae . Most visa agency in uae require security deposit before they process your visa , same as Emirates airline , Ethihad or Qatar airways. This requirement is for visa applicants that dont have a uae entry/exit stamp or who havent travelled to Uk, Schengen area etc.

If you use a visa agent for the 90days visa , you might pay close to 200k just for the visa or you may even pay more.
Why the cost? cos the agent will charge you a repatriation fee or security deposit.

The danger of using a visa agency. I believe all visa agency in uae have a yearly visa quota, and once they reach that quota they cant sponsor anymore. But the sad thing is that they wont inform you they have reached there quota , they will collect your money and later inform you that your visa application has been rejected by the immigration.

With emirates, I qualified with there previous travel history criteria, as I have have a UK visa stamp in the last 2 years. My fear is that I heard that emirates, even though they say they do 3 months visa, I don't know if I would get the visa because am just 27 years and they expect a confirmed hotel booking for the full 3 months. The airfare alone is about $1000 plus $188 processing fee. Agent is charging me $900 for visa fee to do the 3 months visa plus cheapst airfare ethiopian is about $450. The thing am afraid off is to buy a confirmed emirates tickets and for some reason be denied the visa, otherwise emirates is pretty straightforward.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by truelovecom: 11:50am On Aug 24, 2015
Toby77:

With emirates, I qualified with there previous travel history criteria, as I have have a UK visa stamp in the last 2 years. My fear is that I heard that emirates, even though they say they do 3 months visa, I don't know if I would get the visa because am just 27 years and they expect a confirmed hotel booking for the full 3 months. The airfare alone is about $1000 plus $188 processing fee. Agent is charging me $900 for visa fee to do the 3 months visa plus cheapst airfare ethiopian is about $450. The thing am afraid off is to buy a confirmed emirates tickets and for some reason be denied the visa, otherwise emirates is pretty straightforward.

For hotel booking , go to www.booking.com ( Its book now and pay later)

As long as your using Emirates as your visa sponsor, if your visa application is denied , your money for flight ticket will be refunded

There is no age restriction for 90days visa, except your a female below 25years(you need to be accompained). Or a student student ( you need to be accompained or you need approval from parents)

What if you apply through the agent and your visa is rejected , will the agent refund your 900$
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 24, 2015
truelovecom:

For hotel booking , go to www.booking.com ( Its book now and pay later)

As long as your using Emirates as your visa sponsor, if your visa application is denied , your money for flight ticket will be refunded

There is no age restriction for 90days visa, except your a female below 25years(you need to be accompained). Or a student student ( you need to be accompained or you need approval from parents)

What if you apply through the agent and your visa is rejected , will the agent refund your 900$

Hmmm you make good point about the refund, although with the agent they make it sound like it's impossible I get rejected. I would give emirate a trial and give the feedback here. Thanks you have been very helpful
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by worry359(m): 12:10pm On Aug 24, 2015
truelovecom:

Only the agent can answer that.
I would want the agent to put any refund details in writing before parting with a penny.
Even then can you be sure?
Can you afford to loose the money if it goes wrong?
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 24, 2015
worry359:

I would want the agent to put any refund details in writing before parting with a penny.

Yeah, usually with authorized agents I guess before they even collect your money they would have been sure it can be done once they evaluate the individual cirucumstances. The real issue is dealing with reputable agents and avoiding the Ogakpatakpatas of this world grin grin grin
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by truelovecom: 1:14pm On Aug 24, 2015
worry359:

Thats why i recommend Emirates, cos you only have 188$ to loose , if been rejected.

But its rare for your visa to be rejected, if your using Emirates as sponsor. Though the visa application is not 100% guaranteed. But i think with Emirates you can be rest assured your visa wont be denied, once you meet their eligibility criteria
And besides Emirates is owned by the government of Dubai
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by truelovecom: 1:20pm On Aug 24, 2015
Toby77:

Hmmm you make good point about the refund, although with the agent they make it sound like it's impossible I get rejected. I would give emirate a trial and give the feedback here. Thanks you have been very helpful

Your welcome

Dont forget to write your feedback here, as it would boost the moral of intending visa applicants who wants the DIY way
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 24, 2015
truelovecom:

Thats why i recommend Emirates, cos you only have 188$ to loose , if been rejected.

But its rare for your visa to be rejected, if your using Emirates as sponsor. Though the visa application is not 100% guaranteed. But i think with Emirates you can be rest assured your visa wont be denied, once you meet their eligibility criteria
And besides Emirates is owned by the government of Dubai

One more thing while booking with booking.com..., how long does it take for it to cancel itself? Would you advise I make the booking exactly the same day I intend to hand in my application at the DVPC..... also would they call the hotel to verify
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by truelovecom: 1:38pm On Aug 24, 2015
Toby77:

One more thing while booking with booking.com..., how long does it take for it to cancel itself? Would you advise I make the booking exactly the same day I intend to hand in my application at the DVPC..... also would they call the hotel to verify

Yep, make it the same day you intend to hand in your application at the DVPC

I dont think they would call the hotel. They just need a proof that you have some where to stay.
Besides its not required by uae immigration
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Teeboy22(m): 1:42pm On Aug 24, 2015
[quote author=diggy4real post=37275835]

Someone shud help me oooo[/quoIn the first place

why did u book your ticket when the visa isnt out

well..somtin like dat also happened to cmoney22222 they told im dey wud refund 14k outta 130k till today

dem neva refund 1naira

well...my advise for u is that
try and get de visa and use the ticket
cos u cant sell it out..
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Teeboy22(m): 1:45pm On Aug 24, 2015
diggy4real:

Huh! Gone? Nothing can be done? Am finished oooooo.

yeah bro...

Either you get the visa and use the ticket before OCT

or Get de 15k refund...which is not even sure they wud refund ....

Cheers
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by hustla(m): 4:39pm On Aug 24, 2015
DrDre1:

I'm not saying it's directly related to HSE. Primavera opens the door to a whole lot of other possibilities. It's almost like developing a new career path. Depending on which background a person is coming from, the person can relate with it in one way or the other. From the biggest construction project you can think of physically to something as abstract, vague or intangible as a new software idea to be developed, Primavera covers them all. You can monitor everything in the process. From costs, manpower and resource management to risks and monitoring, the software can be used to design the template from start to finish. Let me stop...seems I''m getting carried away lol grin . I believe Mr. Success can enlighten us more on this smiley

Honestly, if you have the opportunity and means to do so, don't miss it. There are a whole lot of opportunities out their but the problem with Nigeria is we don't have access to good information. It will be unfortunate if someone then leaves Nigeria, discover these things and don't make good use of them.

Can Primavera be used in IT?

Been following this thread for some time and I am enroute a career path in IT with a deviation from Mass Communication, so i can take up IT jobs as well as customer service related jobs (was with Airtel Customer Care before leaving to take up courses in IT in India)
That being said , I i think you did mention the ease of getting jobs in IT and or Customer service (although I think having a good knowledge of Arabic would be an advantage); kindly expatiate on that

Kindly expatiate
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by tyslimmie: 4:42pm On Aug 24, 2015
grin you people will not even kee somborry on this thread, who pays for ticket when visa is not ready? Bruuh your money is gone, I pray you get the 14k sha o.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by hustla(m): 4:45pm On Aug 24, 2015
Curiouscat:
Hello house. I have been reader of this thread for a while now,for the fact that i really yearning for this UAE route sometimes soon(still trying to save up). I have to commend you guys for a job well done. But then,the mentioning of this Primaver 6 course by DrDre1 caught my attention and i check google for where the course is being offered in Nigeria with price tag of #165k which i think is quite on the high side. My question is, is it possible to do self learning for the course and be able to get it well enough? Secondly, i am having an average knowledge of SAGE Pastel software as a warehouse man. Is there prospect for this around UAE?

Moo na no vex with my question sir/ma'.......this cat is really curious no be small.

shocked shocked shocked

It is about 40k naira here

Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by cmoney22222: 5:43pm On Aug 24, 2015
Oga digg4real, our money don go oo, me sef tell travelstart cs make she use the refund go buy ice cream for herself when dem want refund am. Na so nigeria things dey be

Teeboy22:

yeah bro...

Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by samhay: 5:59pm On Aug 24, 2015
smithsydny:
am tryin to run dat online course even bt dnt knw hw to go abt it.

Make somebody come out and help us on dis na
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by diggy4real: 6:13pm On Aug 24, 2015
Teeboy22:

yeah bro...

Cheers

Gotten the Visa oooo.....buh my coy can't grant me anoda excuse.....I rlly took an excuse to travel to Dubai buh my visa was delayed.... D agent cudnt get d visa in time.....visa came out after departure date.....can I lay my complaint to the principal( etihad)? How much can they help?
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by ken1982: 6:38pm On Aug 24, 2015
Please who knows the very large Carrefour at Abu Dhabi Airport road...can any one advise me on how to get there
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 24, 2015
samhay:

Make somebody come out and help us on dis na
u no see how dem shun us continu with other matter.. ogaooo
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Teeboy22(m): 9:52pm On Aug 24, 2015
cmoney22222:
Oga digg4real, our money don go oo, me sef tell travelstart cs make her use the refund go buy ticket and ice cream when dem want refund am. Na so nigeria things dey be

naso bro...
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Curiouscat: 10:44pm On Aug 24, 2015
Where is this tutor located. Furnish me with detail info bro. Thanks
hustla:

shocked shocked shocked

It is about 40k naira here
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by hustla(m): 3:03am On Aug 25, 2015
Curiouscat:
Where is this tutor located. Furnish me with detail info bro. Thanks

India mate
Saw another one for about 160k but its very detailed, will check for more info today sha
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by diggy4real: 8:21am On Aug 25, 2015
Teeboy22:
naso bro...

We need to expose them.....I don't think Wakanow does things like dis.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by diggy4real: 8:23am On Aug 25, 2015
cmoney22222:
Oga digg4real, our money don go oo, me sef tell travelstart cs make she use the refund go buy ice cream for herself when dem want refund am. Na so nigeria things dey be

We need to expose them....them be scammers......wakanow is better.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.