Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 - Travel (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 (931771 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by johneb414: 10:20am On Oct 15, 2015
Pls, I want the house to correct me where am wrong so that others will learn from it.

I have gotten visa and is strictly for job hunt.

1. I know I will attest my waec and degree. Min of Edu-Min of foreign Aff-Uae embassy in Nigeria -Uae embassy in uae.

Question: how do I do the one of Uae embassy in Uae, is it immediately as I arrive?

Also, do I need to attests my NIM cert, proficiency in computer operations and engineering, NYSC etc.

2. I know I need BTA of $1000 and above.

Question: is it better to carry the cash or have it in account. 

Also, which bank ATM card is better to use in UAE, I don't mind opening account with them.

3. I know I have to pay for return flight ticket,

Also, book a hotel reservation which I will cancel latter in the Uae because I intened to stay with someone. 

4. Which network is preferable or better means of communication.

5. How do I deal with OTB, as I will be booking my flight ticket online from Enugu. Also, Considering that i don't know anybody in  Lagos, I will be going straight to airport.

Airlines in my mind are Rwandair, Kenyan, Ethiopian or Etihad. 

6. Pls, help me with every other info I need to arrive uae.

Also, any info I need to pass immigration in Nigeria and Uae.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by olafash(f): 11:43am On Oct 15, 2015
[quote author=johneb414 post=39003017]Pls, I want the house to correct me where am wrong so that others will learn from it.

I have gotten visa and is strictly for job hunt.

1. I know I will attest my waec and degree. Min of Edu-Min of foreign Aff-Uae embassy in Nigeria -Uae embassy in uae.

Question: how do I do the one of Uae embassy in Uae, is it immediately as I arrive?

Also, do I need to attests my NIM cert, proficiency in computer operations and engineering, NYSC etc.

2. I know I need BTA of $1000 and above.

Question: is it better to carry the cash or have it in account. 

Also, which bank ATM card is better to use in UAE, I don't mind opening account with them.

3. I know I have to pay for return flight ticket,

Also, book a hotel reservation which I will cancel latter in the Uae because I intened to stay with someone. 

4. Which network is preferable or better means of communication.

5. How do I deal with OTB, as I will be booking my flight ticket online from Enugu. Also, Considering that i don't know anybody in  Lagos, I will be going straight to airport.

Airlines in my mind are Rwandair, Kenyan, Ethiopian or Etihad. 

6. Pls, help me with every other info I need to arrive uae.

Also, any info I need to pass immigration in Nigeria and Uae
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by olafash(f): 11:45am On Oct 15, 2015
Please John, how much did u get ur 3 months visa? Tanx.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 15, 2015
hello house,

This BTA of $1000 of a thing, is it only for virgin passport holders and first time travelers they try to extort or do these criminal immigration cabals also harass frequent travellers? I heard an horrifying tale from a first time traveller yesterday to Dubai, she had to cough up 21k just to rent BTA. This thing is really getting out of hand. They almost made her miss her flight just cause she didn't hold up to a $1000. They didn't accept the ATM Card argument. Is this the experience of everybody travelling to Dubai or do they choose there victims? Do they do this also to foreigners?
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by johneb414: 2:05pm On Oct 15, 2015
olafash:
Please John, how much did u get ur 3 months visa? Tanx.

everything both refundable deposit and visa fee is #200k.

Also, later I will suggest how nairaland owners will intervein to help people who are stranded because they can't use agents because of scammers, they don't have people or relative in Uae to do visa for them and can't easily get visa from Emirates and Etihad because of different rigorous requirements.

i believe their is a way nairaland owners can help.

if am wrong I stand to be corrected.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 15, 2015
johneb414:

everything both refundable deposit and visa fee is #200k.

Also, later I will suggest how nairaland owners will intervein to help people who are stranded because they can't use agents because of scammers, they don't have people or relative in Uae to do visa for them and can't easily get visa from Emirates and Etihad because of different rigorous requirements.

i believe their is a way nairaland owners can help.

if am wrong I stand to be corrected.
the info is highly needed bro
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by ken1982: 4:34pm On Oct 15, 2015
500 dolls n confidence is ok
Toby77:
hello house,

This BTA of $1000 of a thing, is it only for virgin passport holders and first time travelers they try to extort or do these criminal immigration cabals also harass frequent travellers? I heard an horrifying tale from a first time traveller yesterday to Dubai, she had to cough up 21k just to rent BTA. This thing is really getting out of hand. They almost made her miss her flight just cause she didn't hold up to a $1000. They didn't accept the ATM Card argument. Is this the experience of everybody travelling to Dubai or do they choose there victims? Do they do this also to foreigners?
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 15, 2015
ken1982:
500 dolls n confidence is ok

Thanks
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by lloydbanj: 5:17am On Oct 16, 2015
Good day house, it's been a while, really appericiate u guys.am about completing a year nw in uae.ve seen d good n bad side.e no easy but I thank God. @ justi n co I would like to knw d cost of shipping to frm port zayed or jebel ali port to nigeria per kg
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by lloydbanj: 5:19am On Oct 16, 2015
Any nairalander in Abu dhabi?
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by royalsweetness(f): 3:25pm On Oct 16, 2015
Please what is the maximum amount in dollars that I can take with me to dubai without having to declare it. Secondly, I want to go on a one or two weeks shopping trip, and from what I have read so far, I think I should go and speak with emirates airline about securing a visa, can someone please confirm that this is the right way to go? Thanks
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by justi4jesu(f): 3:29pm On Oct 16, 2015
royalsweetness:
Please what is the maximum amount in dollars that I can take with me to dubai without having to declare it. Secondly, I want to go on a one or two weeks shopping trip, and from what I have read so far, I think I should go and speak with emirates airline about securing a visa, can someone please confirm that this is the right way to go? Thanks

You can carry $1000 cash and leave the rest in your account, then go with your ATM. You can withdraw your cash in UAE using your Naija ATM card.

Secondly contact any travel Agency around your state or you can as well call Emirates and make our inquiries.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 16, 2015
lloydbanj:

Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by smart2325: 6:26pm On Oct 16, 2015
pls sir I need ur help, I reader frm some were that starting from January 2015 that one month visit or tourist visa is no longer extendable.pls ..help ur follow naija, cus i wn't to secure 1month visa
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by samhay: 6:32pm On Oct 16, 2015
smart2325:
pls sir I need ur help, I reader frm some were that starting from January 2015 that one month visit or tourist visa is no longer extendable.pls ..help ur follow naija, cus i wn't to secure 1month visa

In what way?
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by LEOSIRSIR(m): 6:52pm On Oct 16, 2015
Yeah I stay in in abu dhabi
lloydbanj:
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by royalsweetness(f): 8:51pm On Oct 16, 2015
justi4jesu:

You can carry $1000 cash and leave the rest in your account, then go with your ATM. You can withdraw your cash in UAE using your Naija ATM card.

Secondly contact any travel Agency around your state or you can as well call Emirates and make our inquiries.
Hi, thank you so much for your response. The money is in dollars and I don't want to change it in Nigeria unless there's no other option. Secondly, I have a gtbank Mastercard, would that work OK in Dubai?
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by justi4jesu(f): 3:55am On Oct 17, 2015
royalsweetness:

Hi, thank you so much for your response. The money is in dollars and I don't want to change it in Nigeria unless there's no other option. Secondly, I have a gtbank Mastercard, would that work OK in Dubai?

You can carry but not more than $10000 or you have to declare it at the airport.

Yes your GTB MasterCard will work
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by johneb414: 7:16am On Oct 17, 2015
Funny, I went 2 market 2 buy d book containing d info you people share here free of charge, can you imagine that they said that they don't have it but have the one that look like it and the last price is #95,000 wow, I left them and quickly ran back to hold tight my nairaland.

Thanks, and God bless you all that make out time to assist others.

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by nattybanta(m): 7:26am On Oct 17, 2015
Funny dude grin grin
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 17, 2015
u get luck

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by ken1982: 8:24am On Oct 17, 2015
what book?

johneb414:
Funny, I went 2 market 2 buy d book containing d info you people share here free of charge, can you imagine that they said that they don't have it but have the one that look like it and the last price is #95,000 wow, I left them and quickly ran back to hold tight my nairaland.

Thanks, and God bless you all that make out time to assist others.

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Kingspin(m): 11:31am On Oct 17, 2015
Do U.A.E has any office in Lagos?
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by justi4jesu(f): 11:38am On Oct 17, 2015
Kingspin:

Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Teeboy22(m): 11:47am On Oct 17, 2015
Kingspin:

Office or embassy

well, if na embassy

No, they don't have...
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Kingspin(m): 11:50am On Oct 17, 2015
Teeboy22:

Office or embassy

well, if na embassy

No, they don't have...
But do they have any form of office not necessary Embassy? Thank you.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by henrimoto(m): 12:16pm On Oct 17, 2015
Kingspin:
But do they have any form of office not necessary Embassy? Thank you.
office and Embassy are the same. no office! no embassy! I greet all the head men and women in this house. unu weldone o! @nantybanta.... I greet thee. how hustle that end.... oga ken, I throwey salute.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Kingspin(m): 12:34pm On Oct 17, 2015
I saw this online, thats why i asked. Lagos(Reservations) Address Churchgate Building, 4th Floor
Plot PC 30, Afribank Street
Victoria Island, Lagos – Nigeria
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by royalsweetness(f): 2:19pm On Oct 17, 2015
justi4jesu:

You can carry but not more than $10000 or you have to declare it at the airport.

Yes your GTB MasterCard will work
Ok, Thanks a lot.
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Tkulthenoble1: 3:52pm On Oct 17, 2015
Guys I want to ask a question, my brother have helped me attested my neco certificate at Ministry of foreign affairs and ministry of education and it's Uae embassy that is next, I want to ask, are they gonna collect the 30$ to 35$ fees stated here in Usd or in equivalent to Naira. Thanks
Re: QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 by Teeboy22(m): 7:03pm On Oct 17, 2015
Kingspin:
I saw this online, thats why i asked. Lagos(Reservations) Address Churchgate Building, 4th Floor
Plot PC 30, Afribank Street
Victoria Island, Lagos – Nigeria

bro

This is Emirates Airlines office , not their embassy . Okay

strictly for booking of flight & hotel reservations

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (502)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.