Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,656 members, 7,851,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:42 PM

My Fiancee Lied To Me; She Is A Single Mum... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee Lied To Me; She Is A Single Mum... (1570 Views)

I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) / My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help / She Lied To Me About Her Virginity.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fiancee Lied To Me; She Is A Single Mum... by ConfessionsNgr: 12:34pm On Jul 23, 2015
I thought I know everything about my wife-to-be but the latest event that unfolded proved me wrong. We've been in a relationship for six years. We've been dating since our third year in the university and we've scheduled our introduction for November this year with the wedding to follow early next year. She got a call from her mother in June that her "nephew" was seriously sick and is on admission in the hospital. She became so worried to the extent that I had to ask about the whereabout of the boy's parents but she couldn't give me a concrete reply. I decided to go with her and we went straight to the hospital and we met her mum and her mum's friend there. Not that I was eavesdropping but from the conversation between her and her mum, I got to know that her so-called "nephew" is actually her son! After his discharge from the hospital, I confronted her with the issue, she tried to deny it and I told her everything I heard from her conversation with her mum. It was then she opened up that she got pregnant after her secondary school and decided to keep it secret because she doesn't want to lose me. I told her that with what she did she has lost me already. She has been begging me since then and her mum has also pleaded on her behalf but they both lied to me. I find it very difficult to trust her again.

Posted anonymously on www.confessionsnigeria.com
http://confessionsnigeria.com/post/148/my-fiancee-lied-to-me-she-is-a-single-mum
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me; She Is A Single Mum... by boboLIL(m): 12:39pm On Jul 23, 2015
www.move-on.com...!!!!! No two ways abt dat.... I no de chop leftover food.....

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me; She Is A Single Mum... by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 23, 2015
she dint do well atall... but if you really love her, forgive her!

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me; She Is A Single Mum... by Sanguine77(m): 12:41pm On Jul 23, 2015
Too bad. Lies breed mistrust in relationships. If you are ready to marry, try and tell the truth cos you may be bursted one day.
@op, opt out of the marriage cos you can never trust her again but if you handle her and her son, then go ahead but whatever happens, OYO.
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me; She Is A Single Mum... by ArchEnemy(m): 12:42pm On Jul 23, 2015
Midehi:
she dint do well atall...
but if you really love her, forgive her!
Good
But make sure she has turned a new leaf if you ever decide to move on
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me; She Is A Single Mum... by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 23, 2015
ArchEnemy:
Good But make sure she has turned a new leaf if you ever decide to move on
yes! and if she is a good woman, she will hold you in high esteem forever.
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me; She Is A Single Mum... by itsMrIke(m): 12:55pm On Jul 23, 2015
So what does this man want us to do now?? You have alreaDy decided you won't forgive, so why share your story??

People are just so heartless in this world. Yes, the man should ask himself why a lady who loves you is afraid to tell you she is a single mom. That must mean you are not a very good person.

She didn't lie to you young man. It is not like you ever asked her, during your courtship, if she has a child. And if we are going by your logic I will hope there is absolutely nothing in your life you are hiding from her too.

Listen everybody, when your partner hold such grave information from you after a long time of being together, then the fault is definitely from you and not your partner. It simply means you have not shown them that they can trust you enough with their Life.

So before we get all high and mighty, let us ask ourselves certain questions about our personality as perceived by our partners, before judging them...Na wa o

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me; She Is A Single Mum... by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 23, 2015
WWW.
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me; She Is A Single Mum... by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 23, 2015
Well if we're telling them now, they won't listen.........ladies don't let the little pleasure of present affect your future.
She didn't deserve u abeg let go of her.
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me; She Is A Single Mum... by emperorchedda(m): 1:09pm On Jul 23, 2015
If I were in your shoes I wouldn't be flabbergasted. I don't expect a girl to tell me the whole truth about her life because their lives are filled with disgusting acts which they always hide.

Never trust a lady if you don't wanna have heart attack
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me; She Is A Single Mum... by babyfaceafrica: 1:12pm On Jul 23, 2015
itsMrIke:
So what does this man want us to do now?? You have alreaDy decided you won't forgive, so why share your story??

People are just so heartless in this world. Yes, the man should ask himself why a lady who loves you is afraid to tell you she is a single mom. That must mean you are not a very good person.

She didn't lie to you young man. It is not like you ever asked her, during your courtship, if she has a child. And if we are going by your logic I will hope there is absolutely nothing in your life you are hiding from her too.

Listen everybody, when your partner hold such grave information from you after a long time of being together, then the fault is definitely from you and not your partner. It simply means you have not shown them that they can trust you enough with their Life.

So before we get all high and mighty, let us ask ourselves certain questions about our personality as perceived by our partners, before judging them...Na wa o
are u serious?...you must be joking!!!!.....we have chronic liars..irrespective of watever you do for them...they are secretive..if you want to live your life with those kind of people fine,but don't criticize dose who can't!!!!..to each his own!!!
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me; She Is A Single Mum... by emperorchedda(m): 1:21pm On Jul 23, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
are u serious?...you must be joking!!!!.....we have chronic liars..irrespective of watever you do for them...they are secretive..if you want to live your life with those kind of people fine,but don't criticize dose who can't!!!!..to each his own!!!
I'd have preferred that nigga ignored because he is deluded and haven't met Nigerian ladies
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me; She Is A Single Mum... by babyfaceafrica: 1:25pm On Jul 23, 2015
emperorchedda:
I'd have preferred that nigga ignored because he is deluded and haven't met Nigerian ladies
my bad..never knew we have this type of sick fellows around...thanks man

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me; She Is A Single Mum... by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 23, 2015
Just in case
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me; She Is A Single Mum... by itsMrIke(m): 3:20pm On Jul 23, 2015
babyfaceafrica:

With the hypocrisy of people flying left, right and centre, it shouldn't be a surprise people are afraid of telling the complete truth about themselves.

Now he saiD he was ready to marry the lady. I, for one, would have been more angry at the fact that she didn't feel comfortable enough to tell me, than the fact that she didn't.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me; She Is A Single Mum... by itsMrIke(m): 3:24pm On Jul 23, 2015
emperorchedda:

Oh, please shut up young man. So a 'Nigerian' babe has a child outside wedlock, so what I hope you get to throw shades at the 'Nigerian' men who get them pregnant.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me; She Is A Single Mum... by babyfaceafrica: 3:25pm On Jul 23, 2015
itsMrIke:

With the hypocrisy of people flying left, right and centre, it shouldn't be a surprise people are afraid of telling the complete truth about themselves.

Now he saiD he was ready to marry the lady. I, for one, would have been more angry at the fact that she didn't feel comfortable enough to tell me, than the fact that she didn't.
means she didn't trust the guy!!!! And they were suppose to get married soon...hmmmm....only God knows the dept of human heart!
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me; She Is A Single Mum... by itsMrIke(m): 3:47pm On Jul 23, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
means she didn't trust the guy!!!! And they were suppose to get married soon...hmmmm....only God knows the dept of human heart!

Yes, she didn't trust the guy to handle the situation well. I am sure she wouldn't have allowed the guy to accompany her to the hospital, no matter how much he had insisted, if she wasn't planning on telling him eventually

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me; She Is A Single Mum... by babyfaceafrica: 3:51pm On Jul 23, 2015
itsMrIke:

Yes, she didn't trust the guy to handle the situation well. I am sure she wouldn't have allowed the guy to accompany her to the hospital, no matter how much he had insisted, if she wasn't planning on telling him eventually
maybe she believed they will eventually get married naw..so no use in keeping the secret again...
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me; She Is A Single Mum... by drkay(m): 3:59pm On Jul 23, 2015
That sin is unforgivable as far as am concerned.
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me; She Is A Single Mum... by octopusfreaky(f): 4:03pm On Jul 23, 2015
na D's Kain topic dey vex me ..I blame her for not telling you initially... if she's for you please marry her...
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me; She Is A Single Mum... by adedayourt(m): 4:05pm On Jul 23, 2015
twas a mistake, skipped her mind.

pls 4giv her
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me; She Is A Single Mum... by octopusfreaky(f): 4:18pm On Jul 23, 2015
drkay:
which of them,,the lies or the act of having a baby..

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me; She Is A Single Mum... by Chidonc(m): 4:26pm On Jul 23, 2015
Then dumb her single ass
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me; She Is A Single Mum... by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 23, 2015
itsMrIke:

Na wa o
are u the owner of this forum? what are you doing here if i may ask. i detest ur likes
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me; She Is A Single Mum... by itsMrIke(m): 4:45pm On Jul 23, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
maybe she believed they will eventually get married naw..so no use in keeping the secret again...

Well, now she has confessed the secret, which I believe is nothing but her private matter, and the man has overreacted and called off the wedding... Am sure, the man would have run away from the beginning if she had told him, without getting to know that he could actually marry this young lady.

The way I see it, single mothers are better...at least you know her 'oven' works...lol
No be to go marry woman wey don dagabru her own finish, una go come dey waka from church to church to find solution.
The only time I will have a problem with a single mother is when she actually has 2 or more kids - from the same or different parents, I no gree unless better story dey behind am.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me; She Is A Single Mum... by flowjoe: 4:47pm On Jul 23, 2015
What's the name of this story again? I can't seem to remember
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me; She Is A Single Mum... by itsMrIke(m): 4:49pm On Jul 23, 2015
Jenams:
are u the owner of this forum? what are you doing here if i may ask. i detest ur likes

This is a public forum young man. It is okay for you to detest people like me. It is also okay for me to think you are 'mor0n'...You see, we all have our perceptions. Now you have learnt something, so scurry off

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me; She Is A Single Mum... by babyfaceafrica: 4:50pm On Jul 23, 2015
itsMrIke:

Well, now she has confessed the secret, which I believe is nothing but her private matter, and the man has overreacted and called off the wedding... Am sure, the man would have run away from the beginning if she had told him, without getting to know that he could actually marry this young lady.

The way I see it, single mothers are better...at least you know her 'oven' works...lol
No be to go marry woman wey don dagabru her own finish, una go come dey waka from church to church to find solution.
The only time I will have a problem with a single mother is when she actually has 2 or more kids - from the same or different parents, I no gree unless better story dey behind am.
we all take issues differently,...I won't say he overacted.he was shocked.I believe honesty and faithfulness is important in any relationship..the lady has to work on the man if she truly loves him and wants to marry him
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me; She Is A Single Mum... by Came: 4:52pm On Jul 23, 2015
Would you have married her, if she had told you the truth initially? Ask yourself,and see if you can forgive her, if you can't , let her go , marriage no be small journey.
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me; She Is A Single Mum... by itsMrIke(m): 4:54pm On Jul 23, 2015
drkay:

Please what is the sin here Is it the child she had Or is it the fact she didn't tell him
Is it just me or has the base for sin been changed since I last checked the Holy Books Hian!!!

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me; She Is A Single Mum... by Kings109: 7:24pm On Jul 23, 2015
You have d right to be angry bt then, if she's a wife material & u truely love her pls find it in ur heart to forgive her. A friend of mine believed in bed undefiled hence his fiancee told him she was a virgin bt later he confirmed she was nt, he felt disappointed & wanted to give up... Later they reconciled & today they're d best couple ever. That could strengthen ur relationship/marriage.

(1) (Reply)

My Wife Saved My Mom's Number With Old Witch / True Love Is Also Meant For The Beast / While I Try So Hard To Resist Her, She Toast Me And I Agreed. Any Mistakes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.