Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

How To Dress When Attending A Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Dress When Attending A Job Interview (21986 Views)

How To Dress For A Job Interview / My Job Interview Experience Today / How To Dress When Attending A Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Dress When Attending A Job Interview by free2ryhme: 11:28am On Jul 24, 2015
grin grin
Re: How To Dress When Attending A Job Interview by wonda26(m): 11:33am On Jul 24, 2015
wunmi590:
And most importantly, your shirt should always be white when going for interview. Even if it's bakery interview or a canteen interview, black suit and white shirt
Who said?

And what happened to bright blue shirts? undecided

1 Like

Re: How To Dress When Attending A Job Interview by LaRoyalHighness(f): 11:34am On Jul 24, 2015
Story for the gods.
Re: How To Dress When Attending A Job Interview by madgoat(m): 11:42am On Jul 24, 2015
Taylor86:
are my good to go?

angry angry angry you just murdered the English language shocked

3 Likes

Re: How To Dress When Attending A Job Interview by hadizasaf: 11:51am On Jul 24, 2015
Whatsapp/call 08037600752

Or visit our online shop to order now

Konga.com/ks

Outstanding features:
*fully waterproof
*makes call(uses micro sim)
*compatible with iOs and andriod phones
*camera
*uses TF(memory) card
*voice and video recorder
*pedometer,automatically checks your heartrate,monitors your sleep and exercise patterns

More details at konga.com/ks
PS: there are other colours,but we sell only the Gold exclusively for now !!!

Re: How To Dress When Attending A Job Interview by westlius(m): 11:54am On Jul 24, 2015
[color=#550000][/color]
Always wear a smiling look and when asked a question never you rush to answer it. Be calm think probably and answer the question
Re: How To Dress When Attending A Job Interview by oyin3322(f): 11:54am On Jul 24, 2015
[quote author=Taylor86 post=36219991] are my good to go?[/quote.
You are good to 3go undecided[quote author=Taylor86 post=36219991] are my good to go?[/quote.
You are good to 3go
Re: How To Dress When Attending A Job Interview by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 24, 2015
Ojestas:
undecided Some girls wey like pink nkor ??

How can you wear pink to an interview. Its too bright to be official.
Re: How To Dress When Attending A Job Interview by EazyMoh(m): 11:55am On Jul 24, 2015
Scrypt:
Lol. A guy came in for an engineering trainee interview somewhere in the North Central in a native attire. No jokes. Interesting enough, the guy got the job ahead of guys fully suited up. grin grin.

But please don't try this at home, that was a case of one in 10,000. If you do, you are on your own.
yeah, I agree. but it depends on where you are looking for the job. for example you can't even be allowed to enter Kano state scholarship interview without a CAP, not to talk of kaftan! this is similar trend across Hausa land. you attend state government interviews with your Kaftan and cap, that's the most respected dressing in this part of the world. Unless of course the OP does not count state/local government interviews as job interviews.

2 Likes

Re: How To Dress When Attending A Job Interview by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 24, 2015
EazyMoh:

yeah, I agree. but it depends on where you are looking for the job. for example you can't even be allowed to enter Kano state scholarship interview without a CAP, not to talk of kaftan! this is similar trend across Hausa land. you attend state government interviews with your Kaftan and cap, that's the most respected dressing in this part of the world. Unless of course the OP does not count state/local government interviews as job interviews.

Exactly my point. Nice work.
Re: How To Dress When Attending A Job Interview by wunmi590(m): 11:58am On Jul 24, 2015
wonda26:

Who said?

And what happened to bright blue shirts? undecided

An interviewer when I went for an interview.
Re: How To Dress When Attending A Job Interview by beyoncausme: 11:59am On Jul 24, 2015
nice one...

Re: How To Dress When Attending A Job Interview by ignis: 12:00pm On Jul 24, 2015
Black suit on a white shirt is preferable.
Re: How To Dress When Attending A Job Interview by wonda26(m): 12:01pm On Jul 24, 2015
wunmi590:

An interviewer when I went for an interview.

Well... Not 100% correct if you ask me.
Re: How To Dress When Attending A Job Interview by wunmi590(m): 12:06pm On Jul 24, 2015
wonda26:

Well... Not 100% correct if you ask me.

Your opinion
Re: How To Dress When Attending A Job Interview by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 24, 2015
niggereyez:
seriously? ?

I disagree with the... ''YOU MUST BE ON SUIT" part shaa.

tongue

Forget the old school dress codes, it doesnt get you d job, (might work for the guys but not ladies)
Behold the new school dress codes that get the jobs, dress like this and you will stand before kings.! cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Dress When Attending A Job Interview by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 24, 2015
black undies grin
Psuedy:
If u like wear black frm head to toe(even black undies) ; if u no get connection ur On ur own...
Re: How To Dress When Attending A Job Interview by daxon001(m): 12:21pm On Jul 24, 2015
Taylor86:
are my good to go?
absolutely!u re good 2 go der and be thrown in2 d gabbagegrin
Re: How To Dress When Attending A Job Interview by wellmax(m): 12:21pm On Jul 24, 2015
Taylor86:
are my good to go?
Bad English. It should be ''Am I good to go?
Re: How To Dress When Attending A Job Interview by deltateam: 1:17pm On Jul 24, 2015
During my interview with an oil company in Abuja I wore blue jeans and white T-shirt. The British guy who later turned out to be my Boss told me plainly that he liked the self confidence and the manner I was answering questions. I picked my appointment letter 2 weeks later. Currently earning 6 figures salary with an apartment and car.

#Godwin
Re: How To Dress When Attending A Job Interview by deltateam: 1:21pm On Jul 24, 2015
wellmax:

Bad English. It should be ''Am I good to go?

No wronger English.
It should be, Are I good to go? wink
Re: How To Dress When Attending A Job Interview by adeyemi91(m): 1:22pm On Jul 24, 2015
ROYGBIV nko
Re: How To Dress When Attending A Job Interview by bezimo(m): 1:44pm On Jul 24, 2015
I think dressing is important to succeed in an interview. The most important thing is being able to address each question to the recruiter expectation and even above it. It is the Art of telling them what they want to hear.
Besides devine favour is No 1 virtue for me. Because it promotes kingdom likeability which leads to human acceptability.When this is in Place. Interviews are always a walk over irrespective of who is inteviewing you.
Re: How To Dress When Attending A Job Interview by Askubur(m): 4:45pm On Jul 24, 2015
k
Re: How To Dress When Attending A Job Interview by Kisses4rmDxtanx: 5:44pm On Jul 24, 2015
Re: How To Dress When Attending A Job Interview by BY1434(m): 6:15pm On Jul 24, 2015
Well. It depend on the type of job,attending interview for matchine Operator or driving doesn't need all those efizzy dressing,its what's on your head that matter

I gotmy first job in 2005 with just my shirt and trouser,I even correect the interviewer when she made mistake while asking me question
Re: How To Dress When Attending A Job Interview by Mrkachi(m): 7:51pm On Jul 24, 2015
Must be on suit? Na lie!
Re: How To Dress When Attending A Job Interview by Stoja: 8:02pm On Jul 24, 2015
MEN Read this thread for type of shirt and tie to wear for your interview

https://www.nairaland.com/2474951/these-only-6-types-shirt.
Re: How To Dress When Attending A Job Interview by AndyMolarAllwel(m): 8:31pm On Jul 24, 2015
williams368:
Na connection sure pass.. Who dey reason dressing 4 naija?.. When u ar connected , dressing is optional. Next post abeg-

lol, I remember my first job dat a Rev Fr recommended me. I was going to see my friend house in d morning of dat when I saw d M.D. He told me dey are conducting interview dat day, dat in fact d interview has started at d moment. I bud bike and moved immediately with my normal jeans+polo+sleepon. I was d first person dey contacted to start work...
what is dressing....abeg leave dat story!!!

1 Like

Re: How To Dress When Attending A Job Interview by osifred(m): 3:03pm On Jul 25, 2015
I have stopped attending job interview, I look forward to presenting a business proposal.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Look At What This Engineer Did After We Finished The Contract / How I Ignorantly Lost A Job Opportunity / N5k Salary Increase After 6 Years. Should I Continue?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.