Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,487 members, 7,819,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Nigerian Scammers - A Contrary View - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Scammers - A Contrary View (2755 Views)

Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary / Ghana: A Contrary View / Nigerian Scammers Caught On Tape On ABC's 20/20 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Nigerian Scammers - A Contrary View by muda1: 12:23am On Mar 18, 2009
na wa.
Re: Nigerian Scammers - A Contrary View by Kobojunkie: 1:02am On Mar 18, 2009
@Ifeleke, I think at this point there is no need for me to continue responding as I used to as it seems you still fail to understand what I am saying here.
According to the dictionary,
solution definition
so•lu•tion (sə lo̵̅o̅′s̸hən)
noun
a. the act, method, or process of solving a problem
b. the answer to a problem
c. an explanation, clarification, etc. the solution of a mystery
a. the act or process of dispersing one or more liquid, gaseous, or solid substances in another, usually a liquid, so as to form a homogeneous mixture; a dissolving
b. the state or fact of being dissolved
c. a homogeneous molecular mixture, usually a liquid, so produced
3. a breaking up or coming to an end; dissolution; break; breach
4. MED.
a. the termination of a disease
b. the crisis of a disease
c. a drug in solution; liquid medicine

Now, when person A has a headache, he/she likely knows that taking aspirin or some other headache medicine would be the solution to his headache problem. Now, it is however the case with us Nigerians that even with this knowledge, we continue to look for solutions to the same problem when the aspirin is likely right there on the table in front of us, ready to be taken.
Some persons might come up with claims that standing on your head will make the headache go away because person B did it one time and it supposedly work, even though there is no proof that was the reason why person B’s headache went away.
Some will, as the article above tries to do, come up with elaborate ideas of how to solve the problem without considering the fact that these ideas where never applied as solutions but just applied in particular cases such as the ones listed as examples by him.
So you see, we have known the solution to our problem from before the british, we have never worked at implementing that solution ( actually taking the aspiring to cure the headache), but we have instead continued to PROFFER other non-proven solutions, maybe out of fear that if we actually take the aspirin, we might actually see change. Who knows! If you still do not understand my explanation at this point, then I say you are free to take what you will from this as I believe I have made myself clear up to this point about what I see.
Re: Nigerian Scammers - A Contrary View by IFELEKE(m): 11:02am On Mar 18, 2009
Kobojunkie:

@Ifeleke, I think at this point there is no need for me to continue responding as I used to as it seems you still fail to understand what I am saying here.
According to the dictionary,
solution definition
so•lu•tion (sə lo̵̅o̅′s̸hən)
noun
a. the act, method, or process of solving a problem
b. the answer to a problem
c. an explanation, clarification, etc. the solution of a mystery
a. the act or process of dispersing one or more liquid, gaseous, or solid substances in another, usually a liquid, so as to form a homogeneous mixture; a dissolving
b. the state or fact of being dissolved
c. a homogeneous molecular mixture, usually a liquid, so produced
3. a breaking up or coming to an end; dissolution; break; breach
4. MED.
a. the termination of a disease
b. the crisis of a disease
c. a drug in solution; liquid medicine

I want to believe that you are not implying that I don't know the dictionary meaning of solution?
We can continue to argue this back and forth and we will still remain on our stand on the subject matter.
What solution are you talking about that has not been used,abused and bastardised?
At this point I think we should just respect our divergent views on the subject matter, I respect and admire your assertive tendencies as displayed by your brilliantly composed write ups on the subject matter,They have influenced(NOT Changed) my views on this and other issues as pertaining to our Dear Nation.

Kobojunkie:

Now, when person A has a headache, he/she likely knows that taking aspirin or some other headache medicine would be the solution to his headache problem. Now, it is however the case with us Nigerians that even with this knowledge, we continue to look for solutions to the same problem when the aspirin is likely right there on the table in front of us, ready to be taken.
Some persons might come up with claims that standing on your head will make the headache go away because person B did it one time and it supposedly work, even though there is no proof that was the reason why person B’s headache went away.
Some will, as the article above tries to do, come up with elaborate ideas of how to solve the problem without considering the fact that these ideas where never applied as solutions but just applied in particular cases such as the ones listed as examples by him.
So you see, we have known the solution to our problem from before the british, we have never worked at implementing that solution ( actually taking the aspiring to cure the headache), but we have instead continued to PROFFER other non-proven solutions, maybe out of fear that if we actually take the aspirin, we might actually see change. Who knows! If you still do not understand my explanation at this point, then I say you are free to take what you will from this as I believe I have made myself clear up to this point about what I see.

I asked a question in my preceeding post I said[i] ''Would We Be Needing this kind of views(refering to the subject matter) If Our Nation is What It Should Be?''[/i]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

400 Nigerians Languishing In Chinese Prisons, 1 Executed Last month - Ambassador / They Want Nigeria To Split. Split Into What Exactly? / Dagogo-jack Takes Over From Nnaji As Head Of Presidential Task Force On Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.