Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

When Should A Guy Start Searching For A Lady? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Should A Guy Start Searching For A Lady? (1922 Views)

Covenant University Graduate Searching For A Husband Lists Specifications / Why Would A Guy Start Treating You Like A Queen All Of A Sudden? / At What Stage In A Relationship Should A Guy Start Giving To His Girl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Should A Guy Start Searching For A Lady? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 24, 2015
I just want to know when a guy should start the real search for that lady that would be his wife.

is it during the undergraduate days

or after being a graduate

or after securing a job?
Re: When Should A Guy Start Searching For A Lady? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 24, 2015
When he has made enough money to take care of himself first, and then, a lady.

1 Like

Re: When Should A Guy Start Searching For A Lady? by XKZ(m): 6:42pm On Jul 24, 2015
Blackett:

Perfect answer.
And if I may add, when he is also ready to be responsible for another person's happiness (aka relationship wahala).
Re: When Should A Guy Start Searching For A Lady? by jinha(m): 6:42pm On Jul 24, 2015
after you've registered for ultimate search. ....

2 Likes

Re: When Should A Guy Start Searching For A Lady? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 24, 2015
Blackett:

XKZ, really?

what happened to humble beginnings btw spouses?
Re: When Should A Guy Start Searching For A Lady? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 24, 2015
jinha:
after you've registered for ultimate search. ....

where's the form? angry

1 Like

Re: When Should A Guy Start Searching For A Lady? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 24, 2015
Mattkent:

XKZ, really?

He can make humble money that is enough to humbly take care of himself first, before he thinks of humbly taking care of his humble lady, humbly.

Capisce?

1 Like

Re: When Should A Guy Start Searching For A Lady? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 24, 2015
Blackett:
He can make humble money that is enough to humbly take care of himself first, before he thinks of humbly taking care of his humble lady, humbly.

Capisce?

wow! interesting.... so r u suggesting a guy should wait for probably 5 or more years to save up before now searching for miss right?

I'm trying to imagine that u don't actually mean it that way.
Re: When Should A Guy Start Searching For A Lady? by XKZ(m): 6:58pm On Jul 24, 2015
Mattkent:

XKZ, really?

Why is this question meant for me and not Blackett who made the comment. I merely agreed with his point.

But to answer your question, it's because that's the way the world works.
Despite the fact the ladies (and if I may be more specific, Nigerian ladies) claim they want gender equality, they still expect the man to be the 'provider'.
So if you are not ready for the additional responsibility why put yourself through the stress?
Re: When Should A Guy Start Searching For A Lady? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 24, 2015
Mattkent:

wow! interesting.... so r u suggesting a guy should wait for probably 5 or more years to save up before now searching for miss right?

I'm trying to imagine that u don't actually mean it that way.
10 years, if possible.

I've witnessed the effects of marrying and raising children in abject poverty, all in the name of "humble beginning".

Aint got time for that _shit.

6 Likes

Re: When Should A Guy Start Searching For A Lady? by chibwike(m): 7:18pm On Jul 24, 2015
When he is ready
Re: When Should A Guy Start Searching For A Lady? by therealdeal10: 7:37pm On Jul 24, 2015
Who fvcking cares, as long as he has his joystick under him nd it's working effectively he can search anytym. Afterall dats wat most gals lyk.
Re: When Should A Guy Start Searching For A Lady? by MRpii(m): 7:40pm On Jul 24, 2015
When irugbon don come out
Re: When Should A Guy Start Searching For A Lady? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 24, 2015
You make it sound like a serious Gulder ultimate search. Lol. I think it depends more on when you find her rather than when you start searching for her. For example you might plan to enter into a committed relationship only during NYSC but then you meet and fall in love with a girl whom you know you can't afford to lose during your first or second year in the university. I have classmates who started dating in our first year in the university and they are about getting married now.

I have never been a fan of dedicating a particular time or period to start searching. You can meet 'The One' at any time. It's now up to you to manage the relationship till it leads to marriage.

3 Likes

Re: When Should A Guy Start Searching For A Lady? by adedayourt(m): 7:48pm On Jul 24, 2015
Mattkent:
I just want to know when a guy should start the real search for that lady that would be his wife.

is it during the undergraduate days

or after being a graduate

or after securing a job?

ders no definrd age to it, as soon as hes mentally, financially, stable nd emotionally matured to manage a lady

davido claims 22 nd hes a father, ders are some nl guys in der early 30s who are nt ngaged talk less of seeing a ladys .... nt to talk of bcomin a fada

if u 18 nd u got wat it takes go 4it
Re: When Should A Guy Start Searching For A Lady? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 24, 2015
Blackett:
10 years, if possible.

I've witnessed the effects of marrying and raising children in abject poverty, all in the name of "humble beginning".

Aint got time for that _shit.

u have a point there....abt poverty and the kids.
Re: When Should A Guy Start Searching For A Lady? by adedayourt(m): 7:50pm On Jul 24, 2015
Blackett:

i do nt concur wit ur opinion.
a guy might be rich but poor wen it comes to handling aa woman
Re: When Should A Guy Start Searching For A Lady? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 24, 2015
XKZ:

Why is this question meant for me and not Blackett who made the comment. I merely agreed with his point.

But to answer your question, it's because that's the way the world works.
Despite the fact the ladies (and if I may be more specific, Nigerian ladies) claim they want gender equality, they still expect the man to be the 'provider'.
So if you are not ready for the additional responsibility why put yourself through the stress?

I know..u r right.
Re: When Should A Guy Start Searching For A Lady? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jul 24, 2015
therealdeal10:
Who fvcking cares, as long as he has his joystick under him nd it's working effectively he can search anytym. Afterall dats wat most gals lyk.

hahahha...see this guy. I don't think so.
Re: When Should A Guy Start Searching For A Lady? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 24, 2015
adeaks:
You make it sound like a serious Gulder ultimate search. Lol. I think it depends more on when you find her rather than when you start searching for her. For example you might plan to enter into a committed relationship only during NYSC but then you meet and fall in love with a girl whom you know you can't afford to lose during your first or second year in the university. I have classmates who started dating in our first year in the university and they are about getting married now.

I have never been a fan of dedicating a particular time or period to start searching. You can meet 'The One' at any time. It's now up to you to manage the relationship till it leads to marriage.

I really like your point tho.

I'd like to imagine that one will meet with the right person by chance, somewhere one least expected and not by searching.

I think this is the answer I need!
Re: When Should A Guy Start Searching For A Lady? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 24, 2015
adedayourt:

ders no definrd age to it, as soon as hes mentally, financially, stable nd emotionally matured to manage a lady

davido claims 22 nd hes a father, ders are some nl guys in der early 30s who are nt ngaged talk less of seeing a ladys .... nt to talk of bcomin a fada

if u 18 nd u got wat it takes go 4it

solid point too. makes sense!

1 Like

Re: When Should A Guy Start Searching For A Lady? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 24, 2015
Mattkent:

u have a point there....abt poverty and the kids.
I always have a point, because I refuse to be sentimental. People think it's all about love, and that love is all that is needed. I say that's bullshit in it's most natural form. In silly romance books, movies and senseless sentiments, love is enough. Guy meets girl when he has nothing. Girl stays drinking garri, they get married drinking garri, and then guy receives a mysterious call informing him of a job in an oil company. . . In reality, all that _shit doesn't pay bills. There are a lot of bills to pay. Who will have time for romance and sex when they haven't eaten, or when they don't know where the next meal is coming from? shocked

Why should people rush into what they aren't ready for, all in a bid to gratify their senselessness with "she was there for me when I had nothing"? What's the rush for? Even the bible says that a man that cannot provide for his family should be shot in the brain is worse than a man without faith.

Hustle hard and make money. Woman no dey finish.

6 Likes

Re: When Should A Guy Start Searching For A Lady? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 24, 2015
adedayourt:

i do nt concur wit ur opinion.
a guy might be rich but poor wen it comes to handling aa woman
So because you wanna prove to the world you can handle a woman, you marry and bring a kid into this world in poverty?
Re: When Should A Guy Start Searching For A Lady? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 24, 2015
Blackett:
I always have a point, because I refuse to be sentimental. People think it's all about love, and that love is all that is needed. I say that's bullshit in it's most natural form. In silly romance books, movies and senseless sentiments, love is enough. Guy meets girl when he has nothing. Girl stays drinking garri, they get married drinking garri, and then guy receives a mysterious call informing him of a job in an oil company. . . In reality, all that _shit doesn't pay bills. There are a lot of bills to pay. Who will have time for romance and sex when they haven't eaten, or when they don't know where the next meal is coming from? shocked

Why should people rush into what they aren't ready for, all in a bid to gratify their senselessness with "she was there for me when I had nothing"? What's the rush for? Even the bible says that a man that cannot provide for his family should be shot in the brain is worse than a man without faith.

Hustle hard and make money. Woman no dey finish.

True true..very nice point.

but I must disagree with the 'mysterious call about a job thing"

I know someone, who this actually happened to for real! thats another story. the thing is u can't always know if these things happen unless it's reported.

just like you I don't believe in love too, I rather believe in trust, and if I have a trusted partner, who trust me then I think we r ready to sail away.

and I must mention that its not compulsory to start having kids straight away, u know, there is something called family planning.
Re: When Should A Guy Start Searching For A Lady? by ksbusari(m): 8:13pm On Jul 24, 2015
When a guy has found himself.
Re: When Should A Guy Start Searching For A Lady? by Sparkles003(f): 8:18pm On Jul 24, 2015
Blackett:

Capisce?

you just made excess sense
Re: When Should A Guy Start Searching For A Lady? by lilmax(m): 8:18pm On Jul 24, 2015
When you can take care of her and ready for marriage
Re: When Should A Guy Start Searching For A Lady? by adedayourt(m): 9:02pm On Jul 24, 2015
Blackett:
So because you wanna prove to the world you can handle a woman, you marry and bring a kid into this world in poverty?

its obvious u do nt yet understand my pov. wat am drivin at is financial comfort does nt mean man sud strt jumping at a woman. it might take riches to get a woman but it takes wsy beyond monry to keep her. series of cele marriage break up wud prov dat to u

2 Likes

Re: When Should A Guy Start Searching For A Lady? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 24, 2015
adedayourt:

its obvious u do nt yet understand my pov. wat am drivin at is financial comfort does nt mean man sud strt jumping at a woman. it might take riches to get a woman but it takes wsy beyond monry to keep her. series of cele marriage break up wud prov dat to u
I understand your pov, even more than you do. Whether he can keep a woman or not is none of your business. Let him have his money first, then worry about keeping her.

One fact we've both established is it's a prime act of stupidity to jump at a woman simply because you think you can keep her. . . You CANNOT keep a woman without money. . . Go figure.
Re: When Should A Guy Start Searching For A Lady? by adedayourt(m): 9:19pm On Jul 24, 2015
Blackett:
I understand your pov, even more than you do. Whether he can keep a woman or not is none of your business. Let him have his money first, then worry about keeping her.

One fact we've both established is it's a prime act of stupidity to jump at a woman simply because you think you can keep her. . . You CANNOT keep a woman without money. . . Go figure.

Correction Alert!!!
u nd i dint establish any act of stupidity of jumping at a eoman simply bcus u tjink u can kip her. dat was ur sole idea.

d part am tryin to make u understnd is money is as important as money is its also d least of thing needed to kip a woman
Re: When Should A Guy Start Searching For A Lady? by 2dice(m): 11:16pm On Jul 24, 2015
MONEY ACTUALLY STOPS NONSENSE ... If u know water-mean
Re: When Should A Guy Start Searching For A Lady? by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 26, 2015
Blackett:

This is exactly what I was talking about ; www.nairaland.com/2477188/two-final-year-students-uniabuja

so what do u have to say abt this

(1) (2) (Reply)

Advice: I Love Her But Her Voice Is Not Appealing / Who/what Is Responsible For The NYSC Sex Service? / I Like Her A Lot But I Am Fed Up With Our Relationship (please Advice)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.