Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,426 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo (79383 Views)

Nickel Discovery In Nigeria: What, Where & Why Nickel Is Used / NASA Confirms Evidence That Liquid Water Flows On Today’s Mars / Another Earth Found By NASA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by Dollyak(f): 8:39pm On Jul 24, 2015
django1:
Nothing new. undecided

Besides humans will never reach it, with the level of our current technology that is, if ever humans will get there, I doubt very much any of us will be alive to witness it.
It's almost technologically impossible. Not only do you have to travel at a speed of light you also need to compress the fabric of space to get their within liveable years.

1 Like

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 24, 2015
How much be ticket or shop for spare parts for Earth 2.0 shocked

3 Likes

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by morbeta(m): 8:39pm On Jul 24, 2015
Make i find way enter earth 0.2 abi 2.0 go buy land before Tinubu go enter there with greed.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 24, 2015
ZKOSOSO:
This should be the home for all jihadist.
Can we get rid of all Killslam and transfer them to where there would be no infidels to kill and hate?
Hahaha Jihadist ko... Terrorists ni
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 24, 2015
morbeta:
Make i find way enter earth 0.2 abi 2.0 go buy land before Tinubu go enter there with greed.
Pray make Abubakar shekau no first you reach grin

5 Likes

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by oluwalfa: 8:45pm On Jul 24, 2015
dancing shina peters
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by herald9: 8:46pm On Jul 24, 2015
No need to be over excited. Africans ain't going nowhere.

4 Likes

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 24, 2015
Dollyak:
This is nothing new. There wasn't much information about it until now.not Anyways, it's a much more dangerous territory to live in compared to the solar region. Due to many hyper giant stars like Uy scuti located in the same belt region.
Hmmm....
NASA finds 'earth-like' planets all the time. But for a planet to support life, it has to have water, and water cannot exist without the presence of a main sequence star like our sun. So it's mostly about the star(s): too young = unstable; too old = unstable, and waiting to burst in a supernova at any moment; too old also = Red Giant, and intelligent life forms cannot exist next to a Red Giant .Let's see what further investigations reveal about the star(s) around said planet.

6 Likes

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by IGBOSON1: 8:51pm On Jul 24, 2015
django1:

If they(supposed aliens who I don't believe in) were so superior why are we the ones discovering their planet?

^^^Could be luck-of-the-draw!.....Maybe they weren't looking in the right place! The vastness of the universe is something the human mind can't grasp.....it goes on for ever and ever!

Given the infinite time and space we're dealing with, i'm almost certain there must be another planet out there that's the right distance from its sun and is stable enough (our moon stabilizes the earth and keep it from wobbling on its axis) for it to have a stable weather (seasons) and hence have human life; now whether that life is intelligent is another thing altogether! So i'm sure there are aliens out there! smiley

PS- Of course there has to be a presence of water like the poster above me posits!

2 Likes

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 24, 2015
Dollyak:

It's almost technologically impossible. Not only do you have to travel at a speed of light you also need to compress the fabric of space to get their within liveable years.
Remember that speed of light is not a measure of time; but a measure of distance. How about using blackholes? Any chance of coming out without getting crushed to dust?

1 Like

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 24, 2015
Dollyak:

Exactly! Reason why I don't get excited by these so-called discoveries.

This particular planet is 1400 light years away. shocked that's totally ridiculous.

5 Likes

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by morbeta(m): 9:00pm On Jul 24, 2015
[quote author=barcanista post=36237652]Pray make Abubakar shekau no first you reach grin[/quote

No difference between Tinubu and shekua
Just thst one is financially greedy and the other virgin greedy.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 24, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Could be luck-of-the-draw!.....Maybe they weren't looking in the right place! The vastness of the universe is something the human mind can't grasp.....it goes on for ever and ever!

Given the infinite time and space we're dealing with, i'm almost certain there must be another planet out there that's the right distance from its sun and is stable enough (our moon stabilizes the earth and keep it from wobbling on its axis) for it to have a stable weather (seasons) and hence have human life; now whether that life is intelligent is another thing altogether! So i'm sure there are aliens out there! smiley

PS- Of course there has to be a presence of water like the poster above me posits!

I don't know what to make of those millions of planets in our galaxy and more millions of galaxies with probably more millions of planets in each of those really, I'm religious so I often wonder why God created so many of them especially since we cant even reach them.

3 Likes

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by Sandydayz(f): 9:14pm On Jul 24, 2015
emmatony:
packing my bags and other things to move to earth 2.0
Abeg wait for me.... Me tired of Earth 1 grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by jamace(m): 9:24pm On Jul 24, 2015
Are there human beings, animals and plants on that earth? Pix please.
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by ikbnice(m): 9:33pm On Jul 24, 2015
cross-breeding with aliens will be so interesting. Those packing bags should wait for my old bicycle...It wil surely take us there.

4 Likes

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by lunaticfringe: 9:35pm On Jul 24, 2015
Obiagelli:

Interesting, how much is six plots in the North American area of that planet.

on a serious note, what if there are humans 1 billion years ahead of us in evolution

You have a good hypothesis there miss...
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by Sanuzi(m): 9:35pm On Jul 24, 2015
Haaaaa for where?
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by Jeromejnr(m): 9:37pm On Jul 24, 2015
Dollyak:
This is nothing new. There wasn't much information about it until now.not Anyways, it's a much more dangerous territory to live in compared to the solar region. Due to many hyper giant stars like Uy scuti located in the same belt region.

I have been seeing some of your comments. You seem smart.

All I can say is...

There are ladies and there are ladies. cool

11 Likes

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by hilli666(m): 9:38pm On Jul 24, 2015
Okay Im packing my bags and leaving to Kepler. I just can't stand this anymore.

5 Likes

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by DTOBS(m): 9:38pm On Jul 24, 2015
Na so we go dey invite aliens ooo dem avatars...
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by kenedy175(m): 9:38pm On Jul 24, 2015
This i love reading

There are others out there. We are not the only ones

1 Like

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by omonnakoda: 9:39pm On Jul 24, 2015
Dollyak:
quiet
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by Richie0974: 9:39pm On Jul 24, 2015
Seriously...
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by Dollyak(f): 9:40pm On Jul 24, 2015
Jeromejnr:

I have been seeing some of your comments. You seem smart.

All I can say is...

There are ladies and there are ladies. cool
smart... Depending on who you ask. Thanks grin
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by Ozid(m): 9:40pm On Jul 24, 2015
waoh this is interestin
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by mayor2984(m): 9:42pm On Jul 24, 2015
NASA with discoveries! Waiting for when we are going to move in
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by elopee3000(m): 9:42pm On Jul 24, 2015
valmunich:
Why do I have a feeling that this is cooked?
u dont believe it black man with black sense oyibo said to black man lets build aroplane black man was laughing that it will not be poossible today what happend ?

1 Like

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by bionictino(m): 9:42pm On Jul 24, 2015
As long as Ibo men norva reach there, and occupy that land......idonbelivit !!!

1 Like

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by jayriginal: 9:43pm On Jul 24, 2015
Dollyak:
This is nothing new. There wasn't much information about it until now. Anyways, it's a much more dangerous territory to live in compared to the solar region. Due to many hyper giant stars like Uy scuti located in the same belt region.

1) What do you think of the possibility of life on that planet

2) What do you think of the possibility of life on other planets

3) Who's Jules? (out of curiosity).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Starving Lion At Gamji Gate Zoo In Kaduna (photos) / Adolf Hitler’s Alligator Preserved Forever At Berlin Zoo After Dying Aged 84(Pix / Meet Rare White Lion With Gorgeous Hairstyle (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.