Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,649 members, 7,813,194 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo (79425 Views)

Nickel Discovery In Nigeria: What, Where & Why Nickel Is Used / NASA Confirms Evidence That Liquid Water Flows On Today’s Mars / Another Earth Found By NASA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by Jdesilentkiller(m): 12:15am On Jul 25, 2015
My dear inhabitants of earth, God had replaced us ooo. He made another earth with more obedient people. I hope you are not thinking of going and spoil that one like you did this one.

1 Like

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by Jeromejnr(m): 12:17am On Jul 25, 2015
temmypotter:
Really? This is stale news! Tech and science fanatics like meself have been privy to this info say a year prior to now. I'm astounded to say the veryleast that kepler is coming as news to some people by this time.

I hope you know that "Kepler" is also the name of the spacecraft that found the planet?

Hope you're not mistaken the two.

And there's also another planet called Kepler-186f. This one named "Kepler-452b" was found recently.
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by Nobody: 12:18am On Jul 25, 2015
Dollyak:

Yes I do follow f1. Not a hardcore fan tho.

That's cool. Never met a Nigerian lady who follows F1. Bianchi was your favorite driver?
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by Jeromejnr(m): 12:18am On Jul 25, 2015
Jdesilentkiller:
My dear inhabitants of earth, God had replaced us ooo. He made another earth with more obedient people. I hope you are not thinking of going and spoil that one like you did this one.

Loool.
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by Jeromejnr(m): 12:20am On Jul 25, 2015
CountKeanu:

That's cool. Never met a Nigerian lady who follows F1. Bianchi was your favorite driver?

The girl dey bust your head abi?

She's smart and she follows F1. wink

1 Like

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by semitunde: 12:23am On Jul 25, 2015
jayriginal:

Thanks for responding.

Dont you think it possible that life can exist without being carbon based? I personally think that expecting life to be earth like is a serious limitation.

We can't find carbon based life forms in places where it is not conducive but perhaps there is life in some other form? Perhaps we may not even know it when we find it.

Ahh! I didn't see this before I responded to the post you quoted. I guess this is a art of my thoughts too. Though I don't even want to limit myself to carbon based fo of life.

1 Like

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by Nobody: 12:30am On Jul 25, 2015
django1:
Nothing new. undecided

Besides humans will never reach it, with the level of our current technology that is, if ever humans will get there, I doubt very much any of us will be alive to witness it.
I totally disagree. People were as skeptical about flying, but now flying is possible in more than several ways. I'd say to not rush into conclusions. A technology that is able to teleport humans will completely remove the need to travel at any speed, not even that of light. And if the mind can conceive of it, I don't see that much restriction in the farther future of achieving same.

2 Likes

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by Nobody: 12:32am On Jul 25, 2015
Jeromejnr:

The girl dey bust your head abi?

She's smart and she follows F1. wink
Yeah, I'm quite impressed. I've only met a handful of Nigerian guys who watch F1 and no girls yet. But Bianchi's recent death has generated a wave of attention though.
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by histemple: 12:37am On Jul 25, 2015
NASA is so mendacious and fake.
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by chris4gold(m): 12:38am On Jul 25, 2015
ope oo. make i quickly pack my load, hope i go see light change my phone dere?

1 Like

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by Jeromejnr(m): 12:39am On Jul 25, 2015
CountKeanu:

Yeah, I'm quite impressed. I've only met a handful of Nigerian guys who watch F1 and no girls yet. But Bianchi's recent death has generated a wave of attention though.

Yesterday, someone else (Perez) also had an accident in his F1 car. Fortunately he escaped unhurt.

Its a very dangerous sport actually.
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by tunex23: 12:41am On Jul 25, 2015
Once God wan destroy the earth, na to move go there o

1 Like

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by Jeromejnr(m): 12:43am On Jul 25, 2015
histemple:
NASA is so mendacious and fake.

But the same NASA also helps in putting up satellites for you in space, so you can have access to networks across the globe on your phone and also so you could watch satellite tv.

Irony isn't it.

5 Likes

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by Cutehector(m): 12:57am On Jul 25, 2015
So if God created the heavens and d earth in d beginnin, den wat abt this earth 2.0

1 Like

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by davien(m): 12:59am On Jul 25, 2015
I'm filled with joy anytime i read discoveries like this....i may not live to see the day we begin interstellar journeys but i i'm content knowing i lived in times where the passion began.

3 Likes

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by Nobody: 1:06am On Jul 25, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Yesterday, someone else (Perez) also had an accident in his F1 car. Fortunately he escaped unhurt.

Its a very dangerous sport actually.
Perez's accident at Friday practice is the kind you get every other race day. A couple of those on the grid have seen one or two such accidents.
Yes, F1 is incredibly dangerous, but isn't that what gives the thrill?
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by RaptorX: 1:30am On Jul 25, 2015
Cutehector:
So if God created the heavens and d earth in d beginnin, den wat abt this earth 2.0
There are no billions of planets out there, NASA is a satanic illuminati organization whose main purpose is to discredit the creator and planet earth as the center of creation. The pictures of planets put out by NASA are all computer generated models, God did not create billions of empty planets out there, he created heavens and earth (singular) this is all a pack of lies. No space craft can cross the van Allen belt or the solid firmament above.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by espn(m): 1:44am On Jul 25, 2015
Obiagelli:
Interesting, how much is six plots in the North American area of that planet.

on a serious note, what if there are humans 1 billion years ahead of us in evolution
then we are in trouble..
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by Nobody: 1:53am On Jul 25, 2015
A place for homosexuals to go and start a new rotten culture.
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by Dbrainiac1(m): 1:55am On Jul 25, 2015
barcanista:
And Jonathan promised to take us there grin
If we go there we done become aliens be dat... cool
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by eedriyz(m): 2:02am On Jul 25, 2015
6 billion years ago? Liars
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by socialmediaman: 2:08am On Jul 25, 2015
django1:

Or nothing exists out there.

Or they have also been studying our planet, getting excited at the "crude" planet people

1 Like

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by amparas(m): 2:24am On Jul 25, 2015
Imagine if creatures have been livin there for abt a million years before earth came into existence. If they are not primitive but as smart as humans, their tech will be advanced and extremely powerful. Might even b monitoring our dear planet earth an planning for a take over.
But its only an if cheesy cheesy
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by ratatis(m): 2:29am On Jul 25, 2015
Norajones:
Op pls put viewers discretion. Everything about space,planet in fact everything about outta dis planet earth scares me. Even the planet earth itself from afar makes my heart skips........................

What you're experiencing is Astrophobia - the fear of stars & celestial space.
You can learn how to overcome it & practice to get rid of it. Or you may go for therapy to vanquish it.
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by ebukaOtika(m): 2:36am On Jul 25, 2015
Abeg make e see ma head o
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by ratatis(m): 2:49am On Jul 25, 2015
Norajones:
Op pls put viewers discretion............................. Makes me wondering if our departed loved ones saw that while crossing over to the afterlife.

Many people have the erroneous notion that "heaven" is up there, somewhere in the far far distance of the sky.
It's not a physical place up there where one crosses over to when one dies. When one dies, he/she sheds the physical body & continue to operate on another wave-length, in accordance with what he/she believes & accepts to be true.
Some people who die sudden death while having strong attachment to something in the physical world, do not even realize they are dead, in spite of the fact that their physical body has been devastated.. They continue to hang around in their etheric body..........
One can help such a person to move on, if one knows how to. tongue

2 Likes

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by ratatis(m): 3:32am On Jul 25, 2015
semitunde:

I don't know why everyone is looking for all the ingredients of life as we know it on other planets.

Who says black is actually black? Because we named it so? Or that we agree that this will be its name?

Any planet can have any form of "life". Maybe not our type but it will exist, I'm sure of that. There can be other forms of life, human like sef, that can only exist and survive in another type of environment different from what humans can. Made up of amino compounds different from ours; breathing in different gas as available to them; or not even breathing at all!

There's a new theory on what's called ghost particles. Some say it may be made of neutrons. What this means is that, unlike electron in atoms that repel each other, thus making solid object not merge or morph into each other; ghost particles may be made of neutrons. Hence any matter composed of such particles can, say, walk through walls.

My point is, anything is possible. New evidences show that everyday. I won't be surprised if we are variants of another planet's specie, brought here to flourish, with our genome modified to simply suit earth's conditions.

We should not be looking for earth-like planets, we should simply be looking for "life" in all planets.

Chances are that we may not even be in a position to identify some "intelligences" due to our limited perceptions.
Here on earth, we have microorganisms that live in volcanic lava, in a carbon environment, i.e. Archae bacteria.
A silicon based life, for instance, should not come as a surprise.

1 Like

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by waldigit: 3:51am On Jul 25, 2015
django1:

Exactly! Reason why I don't get excited by these so-called discoveries.

This particular planet is 1400 light years away. shocked that's totally ridiculous.
Man will soon compress time and space via ICT. Beside some men still think in a sophisicated way like this while the only thing nigerian leader think of is primitive aquisition of wealth on soon to be outdated earth 1.0sad
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by drnoel: 4:09am On Jul 25, 2015
They have finally found what will wound them
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by waldigit: 4:12am On Jul 25, 2015
RaptorX:
There are no billions of planets out there, NASA is a satanic illuminati organization whose main purpose is to discredit the creator and planet earth as the center of creation. The pictures of planets put out by NASA are all computer generated models, God did not create billions of empty planets out there, he created heavens and earth (singular) this is all a pack of lies. No space craft can cross the van Allen belt or the solid firmament above.
you have a point there. There are many times we had reports that this same NASA supressed scientific evidences that supports the existence of God and Bible prophecies. Bunch of illuminatic cohorts;>
Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by saintfrank(m): 4:15am On Jul 25, 2015
If na politics free planet.... how much 4 airfare and visa to gho there......after all' i no sure say Isil,and boko haram dey there to give pple tension shocked grin cool tongue

1 Like

Re: NASA Confirms The Discovery Of Another Earth - Photo by ceejay80s(m): 4:26am On Jul 25, 2015
Scary

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Starving Lion At Gamji Gate Zoo In Kaduna (photos) / Adolf Hitler’s Alligator Preserved Forever At Berlin Zoo After Dying Aged 84(Pix / Meet Rare White Lion With Gorgeous Hairstyle (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.