Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

When Is It Right To Discuss Marriage With A Girl. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Is It Right To Discuss Marriage With A Girl. (1525 Views)

Man Proposes Marriage With The Help Of Nigeria Police (Photos) / Sex And Marriage With Robots; Fiction Or New Reality? / Why Can't We Discuss Marriage On The First Date?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Is It Right To Discuss Marriage With A Girl. by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 25, 2015
You saw someone you like. You have found some likeable qualities in her. You approach her and after some time she said yes.
Your intention is to spend the rest of your life with her, though you plan to get married in the next 4 years.
Now, is it right to tell her right away that your intention is marriage?
Re: When Is It Right To Discuss Marriage With A Girl. by DoroMega: 8:32am On Jul 25, 2015
If you are ready now, why not. If you will be ready in 4 years, dont tell her now.
Re: When Is It Right To Discuss Marriage With A Girl. by saxwizard(m): 8:34am On Jul 25, 2015
where are the marriage counselors
Re: When Is It Right To Discuss Marriage With A Girl. by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 25, 2015
When u re sure u re both ready for it
Re: When Is It Right To Discuss Marriage With A Girl. by Brugo(m): 8:42am On Jul 25, 2015
Bro don't do it.

At least you are sure you want to marry her. Good. Don't bring up the idea of marriage. Let her decide. You'd know if she's interested when she begins to give you hints.
Re: When Is It Right To Discuss Marriage With A Girl. by jonaifame22(m): 8:45am On Jul 25, 2015
Before u tap out all the sweetness in her body,u knw many times food gotten from goin2 d pot illegally tastes very sweet.dnt waste time lest she fades!
Re: When Is It Right To Discuss Marriage With A Girl. by iamauxin(m): 9:13am On Jul 25, 2015
When you have money to take care of her and her family....especially your mother-in-law
Re: When Is It Right To Discuss Marriage With A Girl. by Nobody: 9:58am On Jul 25, 2015
Well, let me say it out
Met this babe in school. We both in our second year. Been dating for 4 months We sincerely love each other. And our aim has been marriage when we done with our school. I can authoritatively say that she is committed to getting married to me. She even told me to stop calling her my girlfriend. I should call her My fiancee. She is still a virgin.
But last night, she said something that got me thinking. That she can't promise me marriage. That we have a long way to go. We should concentrate on our education and keep loving each other till then. If we are destiné to be together, so be it. She suddenly have this belief that God will reveal her right man for her. To me, I don't belive that God decides who we get married to. I believe in setting an agenda in my relationship, instead of wasting my emotion on someone that I won't marry.
But truly, these words have changed my mindset about her. I have decided not to protect her virginity again. I don't know if I made a mistake discussing the marriage aspect earlier on.
If I made mistake, how do I correct it. Your candid advise pls
Re: When Is It Right To Discuss Marriage With A Girl. by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 25, 2015
Re: When Is It Right To Discuss Marriage With A Girl. by Oahray: 10:13am On Jul 25, 2015
Incorruptible:
Well, let me say it out
Met this babe in school. We both in our second year. Been dating for 4 months We sincerely love each other. And our aim has been marriage when we done with our school. I can authoritatively say that she is committed to getting married to me. She even told me to stop calling her my girlfriend. I should call her My fiancee. She is still a virgin.
But last night, she said something that got me thinking. That she can't promise me marriage. That we have a long way to go. We should concentrate on our education and keep loving each other till then. If we are destiné to be together, so be it. She suddenly have this belief that God will reveal her right man for her. To me, I don't belive that God decides who we get married to. I believe in setting an agenda in my relationship, instead of wasting my emotion on someone that I won't marry.
But truly, these words have changed my mindset about her. I have decided not to protect her virginity again. I don't know if I made a mistake discussing the marriage aspect earlier on.
congratulations! You now have an assistant. You know most girls like to have backup options, incase you disappoint, or for other reasons.

I think it's either she isn't very sure about you anymore (might be your fault or hers), or she's found someone more interesting. You should find this out discreetly, so you know where to go from there.

It's easier for people to get away with the most ridiculous stuff when they claim God is involved. Ask any pastor.

1 Like

Re: When Is It Right To Discuss Marriage With A Girl. by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 25, 2015
Oahray:
congratulations! You now have an assistant. You know most girls like to have backup options, incase you disappoint, or for other reasons.

I think it's either she isn't very sure about you anymore (might be your fault or hers), or she's found someone more interesting. You should find this out discreetly, so you know where to go from there.

It's easier for people to get away with the most ridiculous stuff when they claim God is involved. Ask any pastor.

Is hard to trust people. But this is one girl I have come to respect cos of the way she carried herself. I can swear that the last thing she can do is to double date.
Am thinking maybe she heard or read something which is working on her mind or maybe a fault of mine as you said. We just human. Sometimes we can commit errors without knowing
Re: When Is It Right To Discuss Marriage With A Girl. by wordbank(m): 10:50am On Jul 25, 2015
Omo c four years free knacking
Re: When Is It Right To Discuss Marriage With A Girl. by DaisyII: 11:06am On Jul 25, 2015
Incorruptible:
Well, let me say it out

You are both in your second year right?
You've got a long way to go in preparing for marriage.
Get your priorities right because you are male while she is female.You know,She might decide to get married in her third year if she think she has found 'the one'.

Now,how prepared are you Emotionally,Spiritually,Financially and other -cially faecets?.

About God choosing your spouse: God doesn't really choose a spouse for you,He only 'endorse' whomsoever He knows is right for you.

My 2cents? Wait till you are really ready.
Re: When Is It Right To Discuss Marriage With A Girl. by jmoore(m): 11:27am On Jul 25, 2015
Incorruptible:
I have decided not to protect her virginity again.

It is her choice and duty to protect her virginity and not you. Or are you planning to r@pe her?undecided undecided
Re: When Is It Right To Discuss Marriage With A Girl. by Jamean(f): 11:47am On Jul 25, 2015
You shouldn't see someone like you, rather someone who complements you.

4 years is too far a time to propose now. Anything can happen, each other's taste for a spouse now may change in a few years.

Abi you wan book wife down undecided
Re: When Is It Right To Discuss Marriage With A Girl. by dyabman(m): 11:52am On Jul 25, 2015
Jamean:
You shouldn't see someone like you, rather someone who complements you.

4 years is too far a time to propose now. Anything can happen, each other's taste for a spouse now may change in a few years.

Abi you wan book wife down undecided

Taste ? This world don turn something else.

I see , so even after marriage the taste could change still , get divorced and unto the next one, shey?
Re: When Is It Right To Discuss Marriage With A Girl. by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 25, 2015
tongue
Re: When Is It Right To Discuss Marriage With A Girl. by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 25, 2015
jmoore:

It is her choice and duty to protect her virginity and not you. Or are you planning to r@pe her?undecided undecided
Far beyond that. I can't think of that
I have decided not to pressurise her for sex ever since I found out that she is still a virgin. I believe with some pressure she can let go of it. But I kept it cool knowing fully well that my intention was to get married to her.
With what she said last nite, am thinking otherwise.
Re: When Is It Right To Discuss Marriage With A Girl. by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 25, 2015
DaisyII:

You are both in your second year right?
You've got a long way to go in preparing for marriage.
Get your priorities right because you are male while she is female.You know,She might decide to get married in her third year if she think she has found 'the one'.

Now,how prepared are you Emotionally,Spiritually,Financially and other -cially faecets?.

About God choosing your spouse: God doesn't really choose a spouse for you,He only 'endorse' whomsoever He knows is right for you.

My 2cents? Wait till you are really ready.

Well, am 27, She is 21. Am also working. I believed my financial status would have grown in the next four years. I know what I want before I went for her. There are many girls in school who sure wants my attention. But am glued to her cos am convince we can make it.
About my financial status, I believe that won't be a problem. Four years from now, my financial status will grow beyond what it is now.
I don't believe I should date for fun. I believe we should date so as to prepare ourselves for marriage. Can't waste my emotion on someone who obviously will end up with another man.
Re: When Is It Right To Discuss Marriage With A Girl. by Jamean(f): 1:07pm On Jul 25, 2015
dyabman:

Taste ? This world don turn something else.

I see , so even after marriage the taste could change still , get divorced and unto the next one, shey?

YES! tongue

Cry me a river
Re: When Is It Right To Discuss Marriage With A Girl. by mayorall(m): 3:26pm On Jul 25, 2015
Incorruptible:

Well, am 27, She is 21. Am also working. I believed my financial status would have grown in the next four years. I know what I want before I went for her. There are many girls in school who sure wants my attention. But am glued to her cos am convince we can make it.
About my financial status, I believe that won't be a problem. Four years from now, my financial status will grow beyond what it is now.
I don't believe I should date for fun. I believe we should date so as to prepare ourselves for marriage. Can't waste my emotion on someone who obviously will end up with another man.

You are good to go. please clear all doubts currently. She's just being childish.
Re: When Is It Right To Discuss Marriage With A Girl. by Mznaett: 6:51pm On Jul 25, 2015
Focus o
Re: When Is It Right To Discuss Marriage With A Girl. by chibwike(m): 7:09pm On Jul 25, 2015
This nite
Re: When Is It Right To Discuss Marriage With A Girl. by nltruer: 7:14pm On Jul 25, 2015
Why don't you just date her and see where the relationship is leading to?My guy focus on making money and leave marriage for now.
How old are you to start thinking about marriage?y'all should focus on the cash and leave marriage for later,if the girl is loyal until 4 years then your luck if not there are many fishes in the ocean.
Re: When Is It Right To Discuss Marriage With A Girl. by DaisyII: 7:37pm On Jul 25, 2015
Incorruptible:

if dats your decision.I wish u d very best.

(1) (Reply)

20 Things U Only Remember From Ur Childhood If You're Nigerian. / Heartbreaking Photos: Syrian Father Sells Pens While Carrying His Sleeping Child / How Gospel Minister Nathaniel Bassey Toasted His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.