Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,488 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

President Says Ministers Won't Award Contracts Again - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Says Ministers Won't Award Contracts Again (48909 Views)

Afenifere, Ohanaeze Disagree As President Says Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable / Gej: I Know Nothing About NSA Money And I Don't Award Contracts. Metuh: Gej Gave / I Am Being Prosecuted Because I Am Senate President, Says Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Says Ministers Won't Award Contracts Again by jonesee: 2:39pm On Jul 26, 2015
Okay... So who will be responsible for awarding of contracts? Ministry of contracts?
This responsibility will only be shifted to another desk and if not properly checked it would be bedeviled with same rot or even worse. Why not Institute a maker checker system to curb the excesses of the ministers?!
My 2 kobo anyway.

2 Likes

Re: President Says Ministers Won't Award Contracts Again by taofeektaiwo(m): 2:54pm On Jul 26, 2015
Hmmmm
lolaxavier:
Wailing wailers/The mumu above me/Tanoids be like 'Buhari wants to profit from awarding contract by doing it himself'. If you are one of those with thoughts like that, always remember that thunder will continue to fire you left, right and centre.
Re: President Says Ministers Won't Award Contracts Again by Reference(m): 2:54pm On Jul 26, 2015
lolaxavier:
Wailing wailers/The mumu above me/Tanoids be like 'Buhari wants to profit from awarding contract by doing it himself'. If you are one of those with thoughts like that, always remember that thunder will continue to fire you left, right and centre.

So who or what will award the contracts to clean the streets, supply stores to the military and build infrastructure, a super computer, an angel of God or the United Nations. Is it not a man heading one institution or the other that will take charge and will such a person or group of persons not be subject to corruptive pressures.

If Buhari does not trust anyone around him he is bound to fail in governance either through inactivity (which we are seeing) or gang up (which is slowly manifesting within his ranks). He cannot have it both ways. The economy will not prosper by blocking holes alone. It has to be filled with water as well.

5 Likes

Re: President Says Ministers Won't Award Contracts Again by aydgov: 3:01pm On Jul 26, 2015
Let's support Buhari's leadership with our support I believe he ll make a remarkable impact.it seems God has begining 2 listen 2 d voice of our prayers in dis country
Re: President Says Ministers Won't Award Contracts Again by Cwai: 3:02pm On Jul 26, 2015
If the ministers wont issue contracts who will? If the President plans to do it him self how long will that take and does that mean he ll put that into his long list of duties? He should be mindful of his age and health and not to make his health and the health of this country meet a brick wall. If the president decides to assign the contract issue to a new set of people would that be their only duty? And what is the guarantee the wont do same thing he was trying to stop the ministers from doing. He will be appointing ministers he can work with but does this mean he wont trust them? Why not have a body or some way of monitoring this issue and still let the ministers do it? This move might have another cost implication on the country's economy... Just tinking sah. May God give Baba Buhari the wisdom to carry this country forward. Amen

1 Like

Re: President Says Ministers Won't Award Contracts Again by Reference(m): 3:07pm On Jul 26, 2015
Fourwinds:
and so when did Buhari took over power.? if such are there and it is brought to d notice of EFCC under his reign, I believe it will not be swept under d carpet

Oga. It is happening right now as we speak. Look, corruption is hard-wired in our DNA. I cannot tell you what I hear every other day. Though I commend Buhari's effort and proposals but I'm afraid at this rate very little will be accomplished by the end of his tenure. No contractors are working at present, infrastructure is decaying left, right, centre. These are the tangible indices by which the administration will be judged.

1 Like

Re: President Says Ministers Won't Award Contracts Again by akanbiaa(m): 3:10pm On Jul 26, 2015
Kasiem2:
Appoint ministers first let's see whether they will award contracts. Busy masturbating with unnecessary talks while boko haram is masturbating with our lives. Too much talk talk
it seems you are addicted to masturbating.
Re: President Says Ministers Won't Award Contracts Again by maestroz: 3:11pm On Jul 26, 2015
Atlantian:

Buhari is NOT making progress. Progress will start when Nigeria is restructured. Tell the stupid man to restructure the country so states can compete with each other. It starts with Autonomy of States. State Police. Resources Control. Nationalized Medicare. Economic Blueprint. National Agenda. Employment Generation Plan and Economic Team in place.

All that the idi0t we call President does is, looking for how to repartriate funds. My question is, what plan has he got in place on how to utilize the funds ? To embezzle it and buy more expensive watches for his wives ?

Under GEJ, there was massive road construction projects, Air Port Maintenance services. Trains were revitalized. Privatation of energy sector. Universities were built, Almajiri schools while fighting Boko Haram. But what has Buhari done since he became President ? Nothing. The idi0t cant even speak fluently. He disgraces us all.

Its a fat shame.

you enumerated clearly Jonathan achievements. you expect buhari to achieve all that in 2months, commom!..governance is never like that. the rot in the system has to be cleared first. where is Jonathan in all of these? he has not said anything, he led us into this. Nigerians voted for change. sit back and watch how the change unfolds...
Re: President Says Ministers Won't Award Contracts Again by forkadict(m): 3:11pm On Jul 26, 2015
huthority01:

Everything has it disadvantage...........let be sure of this move. God bless Nigeria and Nigerians.

It may slow down the contract awarding aspect of governance due to bottlenecks that will be introduced therefrom. But you may rest assured that projects will only be approved on their merits, and kick backs, and other corrupt practices which have hitherto been an inherent part of the contract awarding process, almost be eliminated in one fell swoop. You may ask Deziani Madueke, the former grand commander of thieves in Nigeria.

Sai Baba.

As for the wailing wailers, may your wailing never end insha Allah.

I wonder how any SANE individual will prefer GEJ and his demonic cohorts to this breath of real fresh air.
Re: President Says Ministers Won't Award Contracts Again by Atlantian: 3:13pm On Jul 26, 2015
maestroz:

you enumerated clearly Jonathan achievements. you expect buhari to achieve all that in 2months, commom!..governance is never like that. the rot in the system has to be cleared first. where is Jonathan in all of these? he has not said anything, he led us into this. Nigerians voted for change. sit back and watch how the change unfolds...

Story story story. You can keep repeating the same tired lines. Very soon, you will be ashamed to repeat the overused tired lines. What does it take to have issue a Blueprint of Economy Agenda ? You see ? APC has failed. Right now its all about NASS fights.
Re: President Says Ministers Won't Award Contracts Again by mikolo80: 3:14pm On Jul 26, 2015
Reference:

So who or what will award the contracts to clean the streets, supply stores to the military and build infrastructure, a super computer, an angel of God or the United Nations. Is it not a man heading one institution or the other that will take charge and will such a person or group of persons not be subject to corruptive pressures.

If Buhari does not trust anyone around him he is bound to fail in governance either through inactivity (which we are seeing) or gang up (which is slowly manifesting within his ranks). He cannot have it both ways. The economy will not prosper by blocking holes alone. It has to be filled with water as well.
ministers should not awardcontract. that's up to national assembly
Re: President Says Ministers Won't Award Contracts Again by PenSniper: 3:17pm On Jul 26, 2015
lolaxavier:

AMEN !
Re: President Says Ministers Won't Award Contracts Again by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 26, 2015
Atlantian:
You dont even need Ministers, just control everything by yourself, Mr. Democratic Dictator.
Many people would agree with the dullard here for taking the wrong and dictatorial path. There is no hope for the Nigerian youths after seeing what they are capable of in this forum.It's a big shame though.
Re: President Says Ministers Won't Award Contracts Again by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 26, 2015
Sweetguy25:
If ministers don't award contracts, who does? Does Buhari intend to sign all federal contracts by himself or what? Is he this stupid?
That dullard is more than silly! He still thinks he is a military leader and hijack the future of the youths. A dictator in democratic society! angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: President Says Ministers Won't Award Contracts Again by Reference(m): 3:24pm On Jul 26, 2015
londoner:
Good move, but what will the process be and who WlLL award contracts?

'Good move but what will the process be...'

'Good move but what wiill...'

'Good....but....'

This is the summary of the government at hand and its supporters/promoters, high on rhetoric, short on ideas. They dismantle this and that but rebuild none. If it is such a good and fantastic policy move, why the 'ifs' and 'buts'. Buhari is fast becoming paranoid of all those around him. If he cannot trust anyone to form government, cannot find the tomatoes to make tomato paste he might as well go hungry. This thing is not working.

1 Like

Re: President Says Ministers Won't Award Contracts Again by Reference(m): 3:34pm On Jul 26, 2015
trukoments:

U can't point any form of corruption on this man like your master and role model Gej, but u really want to see the crop of ministers he's going to appoint so u can cry out loud that he's corrupt, huh? May God run your life the way Gej managed this country, shout amen! I dare u

So he can't appoint ministers because of the potential dirt the PDP will dig up, ha. This is serious. Can you guys see how you have roped yourself in by setting a standard you cannot possibly live by. Get set for turbulence ahead. Your fears are coming.
Re: President Says Ministers Won't Award Contracts Again by RealEstate38: 3:36pm On Jul 26, 2015
Affordable LANDS FOR SALE and APARTMENTS FOR RENT at "33" area of Onitsha Anambra state, interested persons should contact KEN on 08136517728
Re: President Says Ministers Won't Award Contracts Again by Reference(m): 3:45pm On Jul 26, 2015
mikolo80:
ministers should not awardcontract. that's up to national assembly

How will I respond to this....I just don't know. Haba.
Re: President Says Ministers Won't Award Contracts Again by Olaolohun(m): 3:47pm On Jul 26, 2015
Atlantian:
Yes, abbreviation like APC; All Progressive Confidence and All Nigeria People's Congress. Are you and Buhari cousins ?
Watever
Re: President Says Ministers Won't Award Contracts Again by mikolo80: 3:53pm On Jul 26, 2015
Reference:

How will I respond to this....I just don't know. Haba.
keep calm and read more or watch documentaries if you can find 'em
Re: President Says Ministers Won't Award Contracts Again by redcliff: 4:07pm On Jul 26, 2015
owobokiri:
Everything is going to be controlled from buharis kitchen! There, we have Tinubu, Danjuma and Amechi, his anti-corruption czars holding sway! Interesting! This is what you get when a highly opionated mercenery press intentionally introduces a very haughty-angry character as a stoic-serious minded/textbook administrator. . A blundering bimbo who will travel to another country for bilateral engagements that includes business deals without his countrys businessmen. Treating business as a crime in the process. . You can only act thus when your ultimate acheivement in business is to own 150 malnourished cows. This Daurra Disaster!

bist du schon fertig?
Re: President Says Ministers Won't Award Contracts Again by Reference(m): 4:08pm On Jul 26, 2015
To be a good president Buhari must strive to build the institutions to handle his policy directions, institutions that will last when he is gone. He should let them work and be totally distanced from them. To build institutions you must first build trust, something I don't think this President has. Nigeria doesn't need strong men, but strong institutions. If Nigeria is a corrupt society people will just wait for him to leave power and return to the status quo or worse. Those who cannot wait will battle to undermine him and woe to a man if he stands alone. I want to see and hear more about the law, law enforcement and the Judiciary than of Buhari playing the parts.

1 Like

Re: President Says Ministers Won't Award Contracts Again by Reference(m): 4:11pm On Jul 26, 2015
mikolo80:
keep calm and read more or watch documentaries if you can find 'em

Where the Legislature awards contracts. Which drama is that, 'Aso Rock Down'?
Re: President Says Ministers Won't Award Contracts Again by 989900: 4:23pm On Jul 26, 2015
Obviously, some people are allergic to progress and accountability.
Re: President Says Ministers Won't Award Contracts Again by Duru1(m): 4:37pm On Jul 26, 2015
I guess the punks from certain section of the zoo called Nigeria are happy with "true federalism" thus the change APC and Buhari promised. Everything in the jungle has to come through the committee of Islamic Caliphate of northern Nigeria.
Re: President Says Ministers Won't Award Contracts Again by mikolo80: 4:37pm On Jul 26, 2015
[quote author=Reference post=36294922]

Where the Legislature awards contracts. Which drama is that, 'Aso why you should stop watching nollywood.you obviously never read the constitution.it is national assembly that builds budget, ministers are Just glorified supervisors.they cannot implement anything without Nass ratification.it is due to impunity and kickbacks that the Nass does not insist on open bidding process for contract award.why we think they are the all in all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Says Ministers Won't Award Contracts Again by akigbemaru: 5:10pm On Jul 26, 2015
President buhari no give minister power.
Re: President Says Ministers Won't Award Contracts Again by ohzee(f): 5:30pm On Jul 26, 2015
azimibraun:
Agencies like the Due Process abi na Due diligence office will be duely empowered under PMB am sure. Even contractors and those awarding contracts will be jittery of the new way of doing things. Dubious contractors are reconsidering staying or leaving Nigeria right now am sure.

Due process had always existed. They were always empowered. All they ever did was slow down the whole process and at the end of the year, money for projects remain unspent and returned to the ministry for chopping.
If only you knew the chain of corruption that trails each contract starting from NASS committees to minister to perm sec to budget office to board of parastatal to the contractor, you will know that ministers not awarding contracts is a cosmetic solution at best.
Re: President Says Ministers Won't Award Contracts Again by yakubuadeiza(m): 5:31pm On Jul 26, 2015
kennylawal:
Another move.
Slow and steady indeed.

Success to OAUTHC medical students in the 500lvl sessional exams!!
it wins d race...
Instead of doing it d usual way and getting quik result that will still take us back to the same spot in a short while, let's take it slow and get a long lasting result....
Sai Baba. Enjoy d swift ride Nigerians
Re: President Says Ministers Won't Award Contracts Again by Ezeonwa(m): 5:41pm On Jul 26, 2015
lolaxavier:
As part of the ongoing reform of several strata of the Nigeria, President Muhammadu Buhari has disclosed that ministers won’t be having the luxury of awarding contracts or getting corrupt in how contracts are awarded.

Speaking with journalists in Washington DC during his four-day visit to the United States, Buhari said ministers would no longer have power to award contracts.

In his words, ‘I have already acted to remove political control over awarding of contracts away from ministers, who use them to get political favours and kickbacks,’

In furtherance, the president disclosed that the introduction of a new system of plea bargaining to encourage looters of the government money and oil thieves to return the people’s stolen commonwealth. »

‘I will introduce a new system of plea bargain, that will allow those who have stolen assets and funds to return them – but if they do not take that opportunity we will pursue them through the courts.’

Noting that corruption is one of the top issues facing Nigeria, Buhari disclosed further that his government is taking several steps to end the menace.

‘Corruption is one of the top three issues facing Nigeria, along with insecurity and unemployment. We must act to kill corruption or corruption will kill Nigeria. I am determined to lead that fight.

‘My government is already taking several steps to cut out the cancer of corruption that has been eating away at the state for so long.

‘We are reorganizing the existing plethora of anti-corruption bodies into single powerful agency that will have the focus, power and budget to clamp down on corruption at the federal and state levels,’ the president told journalists.

http://pulse.ng/politics/buhari-president-says-ministers-wont-award-contracts-again-id4010267.html
THIS is PMB most greatest policy if implemented long live Nigeria
Re: President Says Ministers Won't Award Contracts Again by AlPeter: 6:06pm On Jul 26, 2015
helpee:
to be honest, this is the first time I will quote anybody shouting wailing wailers. It is irritating. It makes you appear clueless. Please be creative. You can defend buhari but not by shouting wailing wailers in every thread. No single man can be perfect. If buhari can't trust the ministers he is yet to appoint then it means he has personality problem. He can't curb excesses by stopping ministers from awarding contracts. Who will eventually monitor the contract? You make more money monitoring contract execution than awarding it. Contract money are paid in instalments based on recommendations of the monitors. The monitors can make life difficult for the contractor if they don't settle them cos without their recommendations no further money will be paid. All these talk talk from this administration is at best primitive. And to worsen the situation, the supporters keep shouting wailing wailers instead of constructive criticism. Very irritating
for heaven sake do you expect him to solve everything at once jeered. The election is over i thought the hate would have ended with it. Do you know how much this ministers make over contract awarding? Do you know that these so called monitors would be afraid of been reported to their bosses? Buhari just came out with a splendid idea on curbing corruption in the ministries the least you can do is commend the effort, not try to be smart by half.
Let him list out the terms and conditions first so anyone that wants to be a minister will know what they are getting into. #wailingwailers sounds nice

1 Like

Re: President Says Ministers Won't Award Contracts Again by AlPeter: 6:14pm On Jul 26, 2015
Atlantian:
A stark illiterate that went to America without Economic Team. No Economic Blueprint. No Ministers, but with a bunch of misfits. Look at the apron that Amechi wore, looks like something straight from Harry Potter. I am not even talking about Pregnant Okorocha who was busy flirting with ugly Oshomole's imported wife. By the way, Buhari allowed Oshomole's wife in the entourage and denied our billionaires employers access to discuss with investors.

With our eyes opened, we have allowed our hate for Jonathan land us in the most backward Presidency of any known country in the history of planet earth.
oga all the ones YOUR BILLIONAIRE EMPLOYERS have gone to which one have you or anyone else benefited from...... Stop being used.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu, Abdullahi Sule And Sanwo-Olu Visit Collapse Bulding Site (Photos) / Northern Groups Back Amotekun, Demand ‘Operation Shege Ka Fasa’ / EZUGWU MRAP: Nigerian-Made Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle By Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.