Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

Corruption Of Justice System In Ikorodu By Omo Onile - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption Of Justice System In Ikorodu By Omo Onile (14911 Views)

Symbol Of Justice In Nigeria Leans On Stick For Support / Lagos Tackles Omo-onile With Task Force / The Corruption Of Econet In Nigeria,The Bombshell! By ECONET Ceo-Strive Masiyiwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corruption Of Justice System In Ikorodu By Omo Onile by samflex(m): 11:02am On Jul 26, 2015
omonnakoda:

The word Omo-onile roughly translates to autochthon or aborigine. I do not see that as a badge of shame. I expressed myself to the forum without addressing your specific circumstances and did not abuse you or anyone so please what gives you the right to be rude,that we are on the internet? Would you speak to a stranger that way face to face because they have a different perspective? Learn to be courteous so as to avoid unnecessary abuse or personal conflict

Sorry if I was rude, the thought of someone lending support to this touts irritates me.
What they're trying to do is totally wrong, conniving with corrupt lawyers to extort from an already purchased land is a breach of contract...I pray they meet the match soon.
Re: Corruption Of Justice System In Ikorodu By Omo Onile by omonnakoda: 11:11am On Jul 26, 2015
samflex:

Sorry if I was rude, the thought of someone lending support to this touts irritates me.
What they're trying to do is totally wrong, conniving with corrupt lawyers to extort from an already purchased land is a breach of contract...I pray they meet the match soon.
Whether it irritates you or not is your problem which you should deal with internally. I do not know what you mean by touts and it is important that my words are properly comprehended and words I have not uttered are not attributed to me.
The point I made which I stand by is that family land cannot be bought .It is a CAVEAT EMPTOR situation and it is important to understand the law and be properly advised about what one is paying for which is a form of tenancy. I did not make any comments about whether or not the landlord has the right to "extort" as you call it but the fact remains that the Omo-onile OWN THE LAND IN PERPETUITY

1 Like

Re: Corruption Of Justice System In Ikorodu By Omo Onile by olas24u(f): 12:17pm On Jul 26, 2015
Do you have a copy of the judgement ?
Re: Corruption Of Justice System In Ikorodu By Omo Onile by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 26, 2015
hahn

Okay, you win by half. grin But, I think the guy is solving the problem with this open letter and hopefully he would get help.
Re: Corruption Of Justice System In Ikorodu By Omo Onile by lawyer(m): 1:26pm On Jul 26, 2015
All they had to do was appeal the obnoxious judgment if truly they bought the land from the right owners. Shikena!!!
Re: Corruption Of Justice System In Ikorodu By Omo Onile by olas24u(f): 1:32pm On Jul 26, 2015
lawyer:
All they had to do was appeal the obnoxious judgment if truly they bought the land from the right owners. Shikena!!!

But is that common sense in the first place? ,The judge is corrupt and the land grabbers are lazy rent seekers
Re: Corruption Of Justice System In Ikorodu By Omo Onile by carbon1224(m): 1:39pm On Jul 26, 2015
Lawyer you need to clearly understand what ikorodu familes normally do to get judge ment. One or two person in the same family will go to court telling the court that the rest of the family members knew he wasn't aware when they where sharing the property which the family members will testify to be true.

So what do you expect from our judiciary.

lawyer:
Re: Corruption Of Justice System In Ikorodu By Omo Onile by nwadiuko1(m): 1:43pm On Jul 26, 2015
Lazy folks
Re: Corruption Of Justice System In Ikorodu By Omo Onile by jblow99: 1:44pm On Jul 26, 2015
olas24u:
Do you have a copy of the judgement ?

Its available with the Association of Landlords but this has spread so much since it got online and Nairaland.This week people will answer questions i believe.
Re: Corruption Of Justice System In Ikorodu By Omo Onile by jblow99: 1:46pm On Jul 26, 2015
carbon1224:
Lawyer you need to clearly understand what ikorodu familes normally do to get judge ment. One or two person in the same family will go to court telling the court that the rest of the family members knew he wasn't aware when they where sharing the property which the family members will testify to be true.

So what do you expect from our judiciary.

God will bless you suddenly!Most people who are not aware of that zone comment as if people there are not literates.
Re: Corruption Of Justice System In Ikorodu By Omo Onile by olas24u(f): 1:54pm On Jul 26, 2015
jblow99:

Its available with the Association of Landlords but this has spread so much since it got online and Nairaland.This week people will answer questions i believe.
have
Okay thanks, its a lawless place with hungry and occultic judges.They must have met in the midnight
Re: Corruption Of Justice System In Ikorodu By Omo Onile by Femoooo(m): 2:02pm On Jul 26, 2015
Nigeria, institutions, citizens even the climate around is all a mistake.

Stupid setup.

1 Like

Re: Corruption Of Justice System In Ikorodu By Omo Onile by Femoooo(m): 2:19pm On Jul 26, 2015
omonnakoda:

The word Omo-onile roughly translates to autochthon or aborigine. I do not see that as a badge of shame. I expressed myself to the forum without addressing your specific circumstances and did not abuse you or anyone so please what gives you the right to be rude,that we are on the internet? Would you speak to a stranger that way face to face because they have a different perspective? Learn to be courteous so as to avoid unnecessary abuse or personal conflict

I admire the fact that the other guy was able to reply with all respect and as much as I would equally wish to respectfully reply this few posts, I am finding it difficult to understand the way u reason. I do not see or sense anything rude in the reply. I do not know anyone here but he has expressed himself carefully and the choice of his words were not bad either. What I cannot understand about your own weird reply is where u asked if he could speak to a stranger face to face like that. Now if u were the stranger, what would u have done? Beat him,hit him or kill him which is probably possible like the touts u are defending. Your defence might be meaningful in anyway I am not aware of but ur mentality is stupid if I understand u.
Re: Corruption Of Justice System In Ikorodu By Omo Onile by omonnakoda: 2:37pm On Jul 26, 2015
Femoooo:

I admire the fact that the other guy was able to reply with all respect and as much as I would equally wish to respectfully reply this few posts, I am finding it difficult to understand the way u reason. I do not see or sense anything rude in the reply. I do not know anyone here but he has expressed himself carefully and the choice of his words were not bad either. What I cannot understand about your own weird reply is where u asked if he could speak to a stranger face to face like that. Now if u were the stranger, what would u have done? Beat him,hit him or kill him which is probably possible like the touts u are defending. Your defence might be meaningful in anyway I am not aware of but ur mentality is stupid if I understand u.
Blindness will strike your mother and she will die suddenly
Re: Corruption Of Justice System In Ikorodu By Omo Onile by samflex(m): 2:59pm On Jul 26, 2015
Femoooo:

Thanks bro, at last someone that can read and comprehend. I think he's part of the semi literate Omo onile judging from the way he's trying hard to defend them.
Re: Corruption Of Justice System In Ikorodu By Omo Onile by samflex(m): 3:00pm On Jul 26, 2015
omonnakoda:
Blindness will strike your mother and she will die suddenly

Wow! E don reach like this?
Re: Corruption Of Justice System In Ikorodu By Omo Onile by OPCNAIRALAND: 3:03pm On Jul 26, 2015
I believe i wrote on this somewhere before, perharps not on Nairaland. It is worth repeating here....before buying land in Yorubaland study the Yoruba customary law on land ownership, simple as that!
Re: Corruption Of Justice System In Ikorodu By Omo Onile by omonnakoda: 3:05pm On Jul 26, 2015
samflex:

Wow! E don reach like this?
Na Sango go kill your father join. Bastard
Re: Corruption Of Justice System In Ikorodu By Omo Onile by olas24u(f): 3:06pm On Jul 26, 2015
omonnakoda:

dont defend lawlessness
Re: Corruption Of Justice System In Ikorodu By Omo Onile by omonnakoda: 3:07pm On Jul 26, 2015
olas24u:

dont defend lawlessness
And where or how did I do that?
Re: Corruption Of Justice System In Ikorodu By Omo Onile by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 26, 2015
dotcomnamename:
[size=15pt]Family land? I will advice any land buyer to buy it from INDIVIDUAL through your lawyer...

These land-grabbers are taking us back to the stone age of violence, barbarism and ridiculous way of doing things.

They call themselves omo onile? I beggyyyyyyy they should change their name to Omo Ale... (Basta.rds)

Jobless cunts...[/size]

Omo onile grin grin grin grin

Re: Corruption Of Justice System In Ikorodu By Omo Onile by samflex(m): 3:10pm On Jul 26, 2015
omonnakoda:
Na Sango go kill your father join. Bastard

Call your boys to order, I know because you're a bit educated that's why you're conniving with fake lawyers to force those gullible landlords to Re purchasing land they've already bought....but remember karma, one day you and your people will meet your waterloo and you'll have to cough out all you've taken from those innocent people through force and threat. A word is enough for the wise...peace!
Re: Corruption Of Justice System In Ikorodu By Omo Onile by olas24u(f): 3:10pm On Jul 26, 2015
omonnakoda:
And where or how did I do that?

Defining omo onile for us from a dictionary as if we do not know what that meant in the Lagos context.
Re: Corruption Of Justice System In Ikorodu By Omo Onile by hahn(m): 3:22pm On Jul 26, 2015
theAtheist101:
hahn

Okay, you win by half. grin But, I think the guy is solving the problem with this open letter and hopefully he would get help.

Wait for the other half smiley

1 Like

Re: Corruption Of Justice System In Ikorodu By Omo Onile by omonnakoda: 3:37pm On Jul 26, 2015
olas24u:

Defining omo onile for us from a dictionary as if we do not know what that meant in the Lagos context.
Clearly you do not know but think you do. Many of those claiming to be omo onile are often thugs and touts and often not from the area or have no relation ship to the land.
Anyhow I do not think providing a definition equates to condoning lawlessness. What I did advocate is anyone "buying" land should be mindful of their rights and legal position.
Every community has an Oba or Baale and those are the primary omo-onile. Omo -onile in Yorubaland is a thing of pride as any Yoruba person knows,in England they are called landowners and are a ery select small number of folk.
I advise anyone buying land to get a good lawyer and to perform due diligence. Failing to do so is a form of lawlessness too

1 Like

Re: Corruption Of Justice System In Ikorodu By Omo Onile by RealEstate38: 3:48pm On Jul 26, 2015
Affordable LANDS FOR SALE and APARTMENTS FOR RENT at "33" area of Onitsha Anambra state, interested persons should contact KEN on 08136517728
Re: Corruption Of Justice System In Ikorodu By Omo Onile by KELVIN086: 4:01pm On Jul 26, 2015
grin
Re: Corruption Of Justice System In Ikorodu By Omo Onile by olas24u(f): 4:02pm On Jul 26, 2015
omonnakoda:
Clearly you do not know but think you do. Many of those claiming to be omo onile are often thugs and touts and often not from the area or have no relation ship to the land.
Anyhow I do not think providing a definition equates to condoning lawlessness. What I did advocate is anyone "buying" land should be mindful of their rights and legal position.
Every community has an Oba or Baale and those are the primary omo-onile. Omo -onile in Yorubaland is a thing of pride as any Yoruba person knows,in England they are called landowners and are a ery select small number of folk.
I advise anyone buying land to get a good lawyer and to perform due diligence. Failing to do so is a form of lawlessness too
o

Intimidating and getting kangaroo judgements on issues of common sense such has telling people to pay again for what they have already paid for in the past is lawlessness.It should tell you the kinds of people they are talking about ,what do you call does people ?what is the difference between a tout , thug or a criminal ?Oba ,s baale seek for developments in their areas .Who is proud of criminals.

1 Like

Re: Corruption Of Justice System In Ikorodu By Omo Onile by omonnakoda: 4:07pm On Jul 26, 2015
cry
olas24u:

o

Intimidating and getting kangaroo judgements on issues of common sense such has telling people to pay again for what they have already paid for in the past is lawlessness.It should tell you the kinds of people they are talking about ,what do you call does people ?what is the difference between a tout , thug or a criminal ?Oba ,s baale seek for developments in their areas .Who is proud of criminals.
Well I don't know the particulars of what you are talking about . I spoke generally. Surely it would be wrong to accuse anyone of wrongdoing because they are Nigerian or belong to any other group. So please do not project issues from your situation on to me.
If a person buys land from a member of a family who has no authority to sell then he has been duped and is trespassing. The family have the right to seek redress. People have a responsibility to perform due diligence to avoid fraud.
The fact that you paid for it does not entitle you to keep a stolen car does it?

1 Like

Re: Corruption Of Justice System In Ikorodu By Omo Onile by omonnakoda: 4:08pm On Jul 26, 2015
KELVIN086:

bro its like your father or family member is an omonile
Your mother is a dead body about to fulfill her destiny
Re: Corruption Of Justice System In Ikorodu By Omo Onile by KELVIN086: 4:12pm On Jul 26, 2015
omonnakoda:
Your mother is a dead body about to fulfill her destiny
what do you stand to gain from cursing an anonymous user on an anonymous forum, i was just asking a question because u are trying so hard to defend the omoniles as if ur future depends on the outcome.
Re: Corruption Of Justice System In Ikorodu By Omo Onile by olas24u(f): 4:14pm On Jul 26, 2015
omonnakoda:
Well I don't know the particulars of what you are talking about . I spoke generally. Surely it would be wrong to accuse anyone of wrongdoing because they are Nigerian or belong to any other group. So please do not project issues from your situation on to me.
If a person buys land from a member of a family who has no authority to sell then he has been duped and is trespassing. The family have the right to seek redress. People have a responsibility to perform due diligence to avoid fraud

The issues being discussed is a location that is fully built up.Their fathers are long dead and the children called omo onile like you wants landlords to pay them all over again .we all know about land transactions in lagos ,so people are careful when buying ,but the behaviour is criminal and `makes lagos a jungle city.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Raids Justice Ofili-ajumogobia’s Home / June 12 1993 And The Lessons Of History By Joe Igbokwe / Court Nullifies Okorocha's Slash Of Payments Accrued To Imo Pensioners (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.