Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,307 members, 7,867,808 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 02:07 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (66418 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 11:40pm On Apr 21, 2009
Ifedisky:

How this oblong-headed spy from Manure ever played for France is a wonder! Come on Djorou, glory beckons.

hahahahahahaha LOL i don die grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 11:46pm On Apr 21, 2009
Poor little Fabianski.
Played THRICE as well as he did on saturday but let in twice as many goals.
His defence let him down.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 11:52pm On Apr 21, 2009
But torres bleeped Toure in the ass with no vassline,damn the dude was gasping for air after each dribblin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 11:55pm On Apr 21, 2009
follypimpi:

But torres bleeped Toure in the ass with no vassline,damn the dude was gasping for air after each dribblin

very vulgar and uncalled for.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by evergreen6: 11:56pm On Apr 21, 2009
follypimpi:

LMAO cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 11:57pm On Apr 21, 2009
mukina2:

very vulgar and uncalled for.

Ban the Arrow.
How can he talk to Uncle Kolo like that??
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chazy4real(m): 11:58pm On Apr 21, 2009
Personally, i dont see the gunners wining a two legged tie against manu with this type of defence. one thing is to score, another thing is to defend those goals. BTW, congrats on ya show against liverpool,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 11:58pm On Apr 21, 2009
@Sauron

Watch ur fingers grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 12:07am On Apr 22, 2009
@chazy

Of course we will tighten up now b4 we play u louts now,i doubt us losing both ties,Say hello to my Lil Friend(King Nasri)
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 12:34am On Apr 22, 2009
Rafa's Russian Roulette should not be played with Russians!! If anyone was still in doubt of the impact Arshavin Assassin would have made on Saturday we saw it today now i know why we waited for 33 days to sign him he was the reason why we didn't lose 4-zip today

As for our defence i suggest shock therapy or something we need a massive clearance come Summer if we can not hold on to a lead for 2 minutes then how on earth do we hope to win titles? i mean this was a game we played poorly but still had the chance to steal heck i can't remember when last Arsenal went an entire game without a corner

I think Wenger should critically assess this team by the end of the season some players are simply not fit and may never be fit to wear the red and white and i think i can help him with a few names

Thank you Arshavin if only we had a few more players of your class in that team we would not be in the sorry state we are in now
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 12:40am On Apr 22, 2009
A-40:

Rafa's Russian Roulette should not be played with Russians!! If anyone was still in doubt of the impact Arshavin Assassin would have made on Saturday we saw it today now i know why we waited for 33 days to sign him he was the reason why we didn't lose 4-zip today

If he had played on saturday, he woulda been jaded tonight.
I doff me hats for Wenger.

Thank you Arshavin if only we had a few more players of your class in that team we would not be in the sorry state we are in now

I thunk Baptista also scored 4 goals at Anfield, no??
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 1:03am On Apr 22, 2009
~Sauron~:

If he had played on saturday, he woulda been jaded tonight.
I doff me hats for Wenger.
You are being sarcastic jare i can remember jumping after the 4th goal and then suddenly feeling empty looking back now Saturday was far more important than today so i would rather he scored or setup the winning goal then than score 50 goals tonight

~Sauron~:

I thunk Baptista also scored 4 goals at Anfield, no??
Yeah i think you are right he did score 4

Lemme help Wenger with that list of Arsenal no-hopers

Silvestre - Arsene WTF where you thinking? when you bought this bloodclot

Denilson - I have no clue what this dude brings to the team

Bendtner - Besides jumping up and down for every cross and long ball what else?

I would bring up more names as the season winds down
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 1:32am On Apr 22, 2009
What kind of useless game is this 4-4?

Debo tell us about Bendtner the future Ronaldo
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by FBS: 6:49am On Apr 22, 2009
why y'all hating on bendtner? the lad wants to start all games and thinks he is better than Ade and Arshie.
Debo obviously supports this. Pathetic. tongue
I'd advised that he relocates to N'ham forest. He should be a top scorer there. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Vieira(m): 7:17am On Apr 22, 2009
A40 my list of liabilities is different from yours:
Silvestre - Simply past it, bags of experince but that alone cannot help agianst top strikers.
Diaby - He only plays well for one game out of three and holds the ball too long and hence loses it too often. He also slows down any fast break Arsenal make.
Adebayor - I hate this guy right now, full of potential but right now is a wastrel, strolling around the pitch giving it the big one. I fit slap am and he talks to much in the press but when on the pitch is a lazy mofo.
For me that is it, all the rest denilson, eboue, bendnter are good enough as backup and carling cup games. You do not want your first eleven playing all games.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Myself2(m): 8:58am On Apr 22, 2009
A-40:

Bendtner - Besides jumping up and down for every cross and long ball what else?

grin grin grin grin

Vieira:

Adebayor - I hate this guy right now,,,,,he talks to much in the press

So you noticed too angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 10:49am On Apr 22, 2009
On yesterday's game

I think we did well, couldav been a lot better if we had nicked all three points!

We showed again yesterday, that we relish facing bigger and better sides, and we stood up tall to everything thrown at us!

We conceded in the last few seconds, which is not really impressive but having said that a point at Anfield is not bad!

We left Walccy and Eduardo on the bench, if we had both of them on, we couldav posed more threat to Liverpool's defence in the earlier stages

We had four shots on target and managed to score from all

Arshavin was brilliant, we needed someone who can score goals like that and he showed us why he was bought!

Fabianski wasnt too bad, some quality saves in the first half

Silvestre is past it now to be honest, he looks jaded, dis-interested and generally weak, i think his legs have gone!

Song did well, and Sagna was a delight to watch

Bendtner battled well upfront and Nasri was creative

If only we have managed a consistent season all the way, we couldav been right up there with the title

There are loads of positives to take from the game, and our form recently

To ya'all Gunners, keep ya head up, we have a bright future and that will start yielding fruits soon

We need to be consistent and Arsene Wenger needs to be astute with his signings as well as selection policies and priorities!

Gunner '83 ( Avenell Rd Set!) cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 10:50am On Apr 22, 2009
I didn't watch the match but was updated by text messages intermittently.
At a time, I thought they were just playing games with me.
I could understand 1-1,2-2, but by the time it got to 3-3, I switched off my phone.
Only for the phone to come up and say 4-3,arsenal leading, then 4-4,scousers equalize.
The Scummie's texts were too funny.
Messages like
'God bless Arshavin'
'Arshavin the great'
'Arshavin, please come to man utd'
Anyway, I watched the highlights later and  really 'Arshavin was the man'
But really, what kind of defending was that by Arsenal
Anyway, that done, its Boro again on Sunday.
Does anyone know if Aliaderre is coming to town on Sunday? Dude scores two goals every season and it's always against Arsenal, one at riverside, one at emirates grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by olodo(m): 11:17am On Apr 22, 2009
@sauron
am short of word on how precise and accurate your analysis was on this particular game.
i have to check your previous post and i realised that there are days you choose to trade word on the  thread.

for all you have said about this game you are spot on maybe you should do more of proper game analysis than join the group of rapist on the arsenal thread with bad belle  for arsenal. you just reminds me of the great arsenal lady  (for whatever  reason, she has been away for  a while}cant remember her name now (not muki) we use to have two of them then and when they post you will   not but agree with them with their analysis.

as  for AA23 you can all agree that le prof Bleep us up on Saturday he should come and do an open apology instead of that lame rotating excuse
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 11:23am On Apr 22, 2009
I loved this blogger ratings, my best part is  Silvestre's grin grin

Fabianski: His cock up in the semi final could have ruined his confidence but thankfully he is mentally stronger than that… he was mostly immense today and he deserves a lot of credit. His second half wasn’t the best, but the defence was shambolic. 8.5

Gibbs: I thought he played ok. Considering his age, I thought he shamed Sagna… 6.5

Sagna: Woeful game for a top professional. I’d say he was at fault for 2 of the goals… but anyone is better than Eboue. 4

Toure: Tweedle Dee did not have a great game… He was nervous, sloppy and lost. Not good. 5

Silvestre: Tweedle Dum was even more disappointing… I’d expect more of a seasoned pro. I can’t really be bothered to elaborate, most of you saw. Lets just say if Silvestre was a word, he’d be ‘poo’. 5

Song: Superb performance from our Cameroonian. He was all over the park, jockeying players wide, winning balls in the air and passing very well. He even set up Nik’s ruled out goal. 9

Denilson: You’ve heard about his stats right? They were invited to premiere of Star Trek two nights ago, but refused… claiming to be so famous, they were above that sort of nonsense. Jokes aside, he was awful tonight… an unnecessary pick for me. Song was more than capable of doing the holding role on his own. 5

Cesc: Played in his least favourite position in the first half… and it showed. He really isn’t suited to that role and I can’t fathom why he is put there? Anyway, when we reverted back to 4-4-2, he really started to play, sitting deeper, picking out passes, keeping our football flowing nicely. 7

Nasri: I think that was one of his best away performances for the club. He linked in well with the attack, mucked in with the defence and started the move for two goals. I’ve been harsh on him recently, but only because I know he can do better. Tonight was a step in the right direction. 7.5

Arshavin: kiss kiss kiss kiss

Presenter: Andre have you ever scored 4 goals in a match before?

Andre: No never, only twice in Russia.

Ok, so he rectified his mistake, but it was still funny. The Russian was hardly involved in the first half until he scored his goal, then the second half he came alive when the 4-4-2 began. His finishing was exceptional, his technique was amazing and his goals were beauties. A superstar has landed, worship at will. 10

Bendtner: Atrocious performance from my special friend. I think it’s unfair that he only seems to get a run out on his own up front, it can’t be good for his development can it? However, that doesn’t excuse the sloppy passing and the poor positional play. A bad day for the big Dane… 5

Subs:

Theo: Another player I’ve been giving a rough ride lately. He came on and opened the game up. His attacking presence brought width and space to the game and caused Liverpool alsorts of problems. His run for the Arshavin goal was a bit disappointing… he did that last year… get a new move Theo, please, that one is getting tedious. 8

Diaby: Brought onto protect the lead, sadly there was nothing he could do to prevent the inept defence from leaking another goal. 6

So in conclusion, I’ll take that. This is the point I was trying to make over the weekend… I don’t mind dropping points or losing, providing we give it our best shot. Song was immense today, Arshavin was sublime when given the ball and Nasri was effective and troublesome… why couldn’t they have played against the Chav’s?

Lets hope the coach has learned from this and takes the game to the Mancs… we have the quality to play 4-4-2 Arsene, trust in the team you’ve been telling us to have faith in all year!
angry wenger grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 1:57pm On Apr 22, 2009
Mukina2,

Sawrry come to daddy. Leave that Wengay alone. He dislikes young pwetty women
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 2:36pm On Apr 22, 2009
good game faithfuls . . .

AA was superb . . .Middlebrough comes next . . . wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 2:36pm On Apr 22, 2009
It's baffling.  .  .aren't gaffers supposed to position players where their strengths lie? Unless there's an emergency shortage, there's no excuse for not doing that. It's just asking for trouble.

It has happened a number of times with Arsenal yet Wenger refuses to learn. Said it before, he was a good manager grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 2:47pm On Apr 22, 2009
Cristalz:

It's baffling. . .aren't gaffers supposed to position players where their strengths lie? Unless there's an emergency shortage, there's no excuse for not doing that. It's just asking for trouble.

It has happened a number of times with Arsenal yet Wenger refuses to learn. Said it before, he was a good manager grin

What is baffling
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 2:54pm On Apr 22, 2009
Crizzle,

What line of argument or statement led to:

Cristalz:

It's baffling. . .aren't gaffers supposed to position players where their strengths lie? Unless there's an emergency shortage, there's no excuse for not doing that. It's just asking for trouble.

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 3:39pm On Apr 22, 2009
@HNIC/ kay_pumpin
  Why does AW sometimes play Cesc in his least comfortable role when it's not necessary to do that?

Why did he constantly do same with Eboue some time ago?

Why does he play formations that even ardent 15-year old supporters know won't produce the best results?

Why doesn't he know when to sub, and the right person to sub most of the time?

Why does he have so many wrinkles on his forehead? grin

These and more are baffling. Help, please? Good answers, else I'll have to conclude the man has already peaked, and instead of staying on that level, is on a decline as a manager.

P.S. . .It's Muki's post that brought this up. The one where someone rated your players.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 4:04pm On Apr 22, 2009
Cristalz:

@HNIC/ kay_pumpin
Why does AW sometimes play Cesc in his least comfortable role when it's not necessary to do that?

Why did he constantly do same with Eboue some time ago?

Why does he play formations that even ardent 15-year old supporters know won't produce the best results?

Why doesn't he know when to sub, and the right person to sub most of the time?

Why does he have so many wrinkles on his forehead? grin

These and more are baffling. Help, please? Good answers, else I'll have to conclude the man has already peaked, and instead of staying on that level, is on a decline as a manager.

@ Cris
Lol, do u think AW sets out to lose matches?
Or you think he's hell bent on Ridiculing some players
It's only the little mistakes you are 'harping' on.
What of the genius discoveries he has made.??
Kolo came to arsenal as a midfielder, played DM, also played RB
AW turned him to one of the best defenders to ever grace the EPL.
how about Henry?
Henry's career was almost over at Juventus as he was out of the first 11 and played wide
he joined arsenal and AW turned him to arguably, the best player ever to grace the EPL and arsenal's record goalscorer!
Moved him from RW to CF
He has the same plan for Theo Walcott also
There are many more examples of players who were moved from their original positions to new positions where they have excelled.
No manager would set out to humiliate a player or to ask him to play in an uncomfortable position
Such things would have been tried before in training and they must have worked out.

He doesn't know who to sub and when to sub??
must be kidding
Some examples
he brought on Ade against West Ham at upton park at 0-0
Ade came on, changed the game and scored two goals.
brought in Bendtner against Bolton, he scored the lone goal.
Against Hull City in the q-finals of the FA cup,with scores at 0-1 and Hull parking the bus at goal, he brought in Bendtner and nasri and the game changed.
So many examples
Or are u judging him now based on the rubbish that happened over the weekend.
The gaffer has tacitly apologised for his gamble.he has his eyes on the CL and a strong finish in the EPL
It's just like saying Fergie lost his damn mind by changing 8 players from the previous game for an FA cup semi.
He lost the tie
Spare AW pppplllllleeeeaaasssse!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 4:23pm On Apr 22, 2009
Okay, HNIC, I hear you. Naturally you will defend your gaffer, leaving out the times when he made some serious gaffes grin

Anywayz, no wahala. I'll just have to keep calling your attention to his slip-ups as they happen so you'll see just how large the pile is. Deal?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ifedisky(m): 4:30pm On Apr 22, 2009
Would anyone notice that Nasri started playing the Denilson box to box role when Walcott came in? And he really did well tracking back superbly and also being the fulcrum of attack. Well, in the nearest future thatz where he'll be playing for L'arse. Wenger granted an interview last week extolling Nasri's virtue and why he could flourish in that role. Wenger is bent on really exploring the 4-2-3-1 formation to accommodate Arshavin and Nasri but pray, what happens to RVP? This really calls to question if Wenger knows his best 11. Our man seems to be really carried away by one off performances. Arsenal played Roma off the park at the Emirates with 4-5-1 with RVP as the arrow head. Now Wenger thought that was the Amen of all formation and went to Roma with same. Surfice to say it imploded spectacularly as Van persie was clearly nullified by a Roma that has been given a working script by wenger. Should there not be a variation in home and away formation one wonders. Fast forward to the Man-city game with Fab back on the keel and to accommodate him Prof goes for 4-2-3-1 with Fab playing off Adebayor and Denilson+Song anchoring. It was goodish on the day and pronto Wenger unveiled same in Villareal. The story of the first half need not be repeated. Now, Fab is being held up as an attacking midfielder in the mode of Gerrard or even Dennis Bergkamp instead of the central midfield position that he has done so very well in. Against Liverpool yesterday, he played behind bendtner while a more skilfull and mobile Arshavin was shunted to the left. Does Wenger know his best role? And why play Fab there when Arshavin has spent almost all his life and excelled in the role? Does he even know arshavin's best role? Is playing Fab upfront not removing him from a midfield where we are disadvantaged to a forward line where there is a glut of talents, what purpose will this sreve? With this latest soon- to-be- implemented-experiment with Nasri, one is constrained to say that this Gunners team and it's formation is being picked on Wenger's flimsy whim and not a deep conviction of it's workability. No?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 4:37pm On Apr 22, 2009
@HNIC
 Just realized you avoided some of my questions grin
 The FA game against Chelsea.  .  .he was clueless. Apologies only emphasize the fact.

The time when playing Eboue in that position over and over again resulted in boos for the poor dude.  .  .who's fault?

If you're talking about his past good deeds, I'm not denying them either. But presently, he is making too many errors a good manager shouldn't be making, and he is making them regularly. Even Fergie is yet to do that.
  Oh, and remember some of his famous past mistakes too that are still haunting the club.  .  .selling Hleb and Flamini without replacements. Letting Henry and co go without effective replacements.
Buying neonates that lack experience, and training them in games against already established soccer gurus that whoop their little butts. They get better eventually, sure, but in the meantime, the club suffers.
 Declaring Arsenal ''a selling club''.
What are those, moments of genius?

Your gaffer just keeps doing questionable stuff on a kinda regular basis, is all.

@Ifedisky
  Thank you for that grin

Trust me, HNIC, for every 2 questions United fans have got for Fergie, Arsenal fans have got 6 for Wenger!! Fact.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 4:59pm On Apr 22, 2009
We gast woop Boro's ass come weekend.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 5:04pm On Apr 22, 2009
@ Cris
see, it's good to sit on an arm chair and analyse
afterall, we are the fans and they are the gaffers. wink
I don't know why pips keep mentioning Hleb, i don't miss him and in Nasri and Arshavin who needs a  Hleb?
Flamster, well, we miss him but like i always say, that was his first good season and we dont know if he would have replicated it this season.
afterall, had Ade gone and we had finished trophyless this season, Ade too would have been added to the long list of players AW should have kept. grin
Really, I know AW makes some mistakes(which manager doesn't)
But to crucify him based on that Chelsea match isn't the best.
take your mind back to that match.
Drogba did nothing in the match, except the header towards goal that Gibbs cleared and the 85th minute winner  he scored
prior to then, RVP had a chance to make it 2-1.
Had he scored from that right wing cross by TW and we had won,
AW would have been hailed as a genius!Beating Chelsea with a 2nd choice defence and a 3rd choice CB,Silvestre grin
It's not easy losing 4 defenders and a goalie in a space of 1 week!
Picture manure losing Ferdinand,vidic,Evra, Rafael and VDS in one week OR
the chavs losing Terry,Alex,Cashley,Bosingwa  and Cech .
The gaffer panicked and played to stop Chelsea (very unarsenal)
instead of his normal 4-4-2.
He thought more of protecting the fragile back 4, than going all out to attack the chavs!
It was a gamble by him and unfortunately, it didn't pay off!

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (102)

Arsenal Vs Manchester United (1 - 3) On 2nd December 2017 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.