Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,440 members, 7,850,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:32 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (65858 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by presido1: 2:40pm On May 06, 2009
chidichris:

in their first leg encounter in old traford in the ucl, the blamed sylvester hence he was replaced by gibss.
Are u sure u watched the game shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 2:43pm On May 06, 2009
follypimpi:

It's enough now SAURON and co. angry angry

Enough?? I have not even started yet.

Where is Brash and that Allboyz?
Allboyz seems to have diarrhoea of the mouth in anything that concerns Arsenal.
We shall win this. . . . .We shall win that.
Gimme allboyz head and i will leave the thread otherwise. . . . . .

DJOUROU'S FACE here sums up everything last night. . . . grin grin grin grin
His lips and Mukina's lips are identical. wink

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by presido1: 2:47pm On May 06, 2009
@Gayners,

Do you guys think this Djoruo will win a first team shirt in Wigan, B/burn, Stoke. Why is he an Arsenal player.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 2:50pm On May 06, 2009
^^^^Ask Debosky. Djorou is a joke. In Arsenal, they have wastepipes masquerading as defenders. Even their best CB Kolo Toure is rubbish to me.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by No2Atheism(m): 2:52pm On May 06, 2009
presido1:

Fab4 played the whole football of his career last two seasons. Don't be suprise he won't improve any further.

Arses are blaming the poor boy for the defeat. Why kan't he slip? the pressure/tension is too much for him owing to the fact he did well last week.

There is no way in this world a sane coach will let a 19 yr old boy start such game.
That's what you get when you don't have reasonable back up. Instead of buying a player we went and bought a retired spy tongue tongue tongue.

@Presido1, i am an arsenal fan but a realistic one at that.

- I completely agree with your assessment of fabregas.

- I believe fabregas is an early developer, hence he has really reached the peak of his footballing skills, hence the horrible season he's having now that he does not have experienced players around to lean on.

- I believe Christiano Ronaldo is also an early developer and has likewise reached his peak, hence the stop start season is already starting to have.

- I actually think that Ramsey would be a far more better and complete player than Fabregas would ever be, hence going to Real Madrid or Barcelona would be the worst mistake of Fabregas life. Iniesta and Xavi are far far better players than fabregas, hence fabregas would always be on the bench if he goes to barcelona.

- Hleb was a far far better player than fabregas, hence i would gladly take him back to arsenal.

- Flamini is a one season wonder, hence i don't really think i want to take him back.

- Diaby, Denilson, Walcott, Djourou, Almunia, Adebayor are average players meant for average teams like Newcastle or Everton, but not Arsenal. They are squad players competing to make the bench at best. There are already too many average and below average squad players, hence the useless and old ones have to removed as fast as possible.

- Almunia is merely a second choice goal keeper at best, 4 costly mistakes in important matches has already made that obvious. (2 in CL Final, 1 in CL Semifinal, 1 against Spurs)

- Fabregas should be sold if he wants to make the mistake of leaving arsenal to sit on the bench at Real Madrid and Barcelona.

- Lampard, Gerrard are better midfielders compared to Fabregas.

- Adebayor should be sold immediately, he is simply not good enough.

- Silvestre is shit and would always be shit

Arsenals first team should consist of only the following players.

- Rosicky (if he ever gets to play again)
- Eduardo (if he ever gets to play again)
- Arshavin (Best player in the team already)
- Nasri
- Gallas
- Toure
- Clichy
- Sagna
- Eboue (he's good as a backup to Sagna during attacking situations)
- Fabregas (as a central midfielder and nothing more cus he does not have the skills to be more than that)

Positions that need to be filled on the first team and bench are

- 1 World Class  experienced Goal Keeper
- 1 World Class experienced Defender
- 1 World Class experienced Defensive midfielder
- 1 World Class experienced Striker
- 1 World Class experienced Dribbler that would never pass the ball to create chances, but instead would choose to take on players to create chances.

Possible players that can fill the necessary roles highlighted above.

- Gareth Barry (Defensive midfielder)
- Cana (Defensive midfielder)
- David Villa (Striker)
- Alonso (Defensive midfielder)
- Benzema (Striker)
- Buffon (Goal Keeper)
- Hangeland (Defender)
- Giorgio Chiellini (Defender)
- Hleb (Dribbler)
- David Silva (Dribbler)

Young players that should still be given 2 more years chances to improve, fight for places on the bench or risk being sold are:
- Bendtner
- Vela
- Ramsey
- Fabianski
- Walcott
- Song

Young players that still need to improve and train hard to even make it into the first team squad talkless of bench are:
- Wilshire
- Gibbs

Players that need to be sold as soon as possible:
- Adebayor
- Diaby
- Denilson
- Silvestre

If Wenger refuses to make this changes and improvements, then i really think he needs to be sacked before he turns Arsenal into what he turned Monaco into.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by presido1: 2:54pm On May 06, 2009
Ibime,

Toure's case is understandable in the sense that he was once a piller in arsenal defence but seeing Djoruo in Arsenal line is just what i can't explain.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 2:58pm On May 06, 2009
Ibime:

^^^^Ask Debosky. Djorou is a joke. In Arsenal, they have wastepipes masquerading as defenders. Even their best CB Kolo Toure is rubbish to me.

They had injury problems.
To be frank, Gallas and Clichy woulda made things harder for United but then. . . .Wenger knew a club needs a large squad to cope with the demands of the EPL and the UCL. What was he thinking??

Sack Wenger sell Djourou. cheesy-

I believe Christiano Ronaldo is also an early developer and has likewise reached his peak, hence the stop start season is already starting to have.

What stop-start season are you talking about? He had an operation that kept him out of football for 3 MONTHS.
No pre-season, he had to be rushed back into action and he needed time to get his form back.
Ronaldo has been majestic this season. . . . . .The reason why many fans feel he hasn't been magnificent had to do with comparing him to last season.

So far, he has scored 25 goals this season(he has played more on the wing this season to accomodate Berbatov).
How many wingers in the world have scored 25 goals this season?
Hate him or love him, he is the BPITW.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by No2Atheism(m): 3:01pm On May 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

They had injury problems.
To be frank, Gallas and Clichy woulda made things harder for United but then. . . .Wenger knew a club needs a large squad to cope with the demands of the EPL and the UCL. What was he thinking??

Sack Wenger sell Djourou. cheesy-

What stop-start season are you talking about? He had an operation that kept him out of football for 3 MONTHS.
No pre-season, he had to be rushed back into action and he needed time to get his form back.
Ronaldo has been majestic this season. . . . . .The reason why many fans feel he hasn't been magnificent had to do with comparing him to last season.

So far, he has scored 25 goals this season(he has played more on the wing this season to accomodate Berbatov).
How many wingers in the world have scored 25 goals this season?
Hate him or love him, he is the BPITW.

Same thing happened to Fabregas, nevertheless, it still does not mean those are enough reasons not to give a frank assessment of the two players. Its one thing to support a player, its another thing to support a player blindly.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Tmoni(m): 3:01pm On May 06, 2009
@No2Atheism,

Arse-anal would have to Re-mortgage Emirates again to even "peep" into that shopping list of yours!!!
O'ld boy, dats a lot of guts there oooo to buy those players
Y'all probably have to sell the whole team including Arse-in Whine-gay to foot that bill

And, I dnt knw of your Players i.e Fabregas et al, but there is more to come from CR7
He was injured at the beginning of the season hence the "Start and Stop thingy" plus all the "Madrid Tales" earlier on, !!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 3:03pm On May 06, 2009
We will be back next season,In Wenger we trust.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by tayoccu(m): 3:07pm On May 06, 2009
presido1:

@Gayners,

Do you guys think this Djoruo will win a first team shirt in Wigan, B/burn, Stoke. Why is he an Arsenal player.

the dude will play first team football in any team in england.
besides he's a world cup vet,something vidic ain't.

follypimpi:

We will be back next season,In Wenger we trust.

yes o!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 3:09pm On May 06, 2009
Ohh no not these niggaz again

@Chamotex,Cristalz,Eastbay,Ibime,Presido
I see y'all had and are still having a fiesta.No problemo ride on

Jeez WTF is wrong with these bunch of screw-ups i almost got my ass mobbed in school today  angry  people that have not spoken with me for months  shocked shocked all wanted to blow up ma digits last night because of these bloodclots what else do these players want from us fans? we support the team through thick and thin despite their obvious flaws and they go ahead and go down like punks against their bitter rivals just like they did about 2 weeks back.This team has definitely come to its crossroads and we the fans are sick of coming 4th every season if Wenger was in any doubt about that then the empty chairs after the 3rd goal is enough reason for conviction he should own up and admit his ludicrous experiment has failed and build a real team but not before facing an Oputa panel and explaining to Arsenal fans the reasons for the heartbreak we have endured for the past 4 seasons
Arsene must buy big in the summer and if the God-forsaken board is not willing to give Arsene money let them sell to Kroenke,Usmanov,Carlos Slim heck even RA's ex-wife

Yup had to get that off ma chest  grin grin  tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 3:11pm On May 06, 2009
No2Atheism:

Same thing happened to Fabregas, nevertheless, it still does not mean those are enough reasons not to give a frank assessment of the two players. Its one thing to support a player, its another thing to support a player blindly.

Same thing happened to Fabregas? When? How?
Was Cesc out for 3 months without kicking a ball? There's a difference between copping injuries that keeps you out for few weeks AND going for an ankle operation that took 3 months to recover from. . . . . .Forget kicking the ball. . . .After such operation, one will learn how to walk again like a toddler.

Ronaldo came through all this and still leads the scorer's chart of the toughest league in Europe.
His form in away ties especially in the K.O. stages of the Champions League has been outstanding.
He was unlucky not to have scored against Inter Milan. . . . .He scored a belter at Porto and now another brace at the Emirates.
Hate him or love him. . . . . .He is the most dangerous player in the world bar none.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 3:16pm On May 06, 2009
@No2Atheism
  Sell Walcott? Nah.  .  .the lad is a really good player. Problem is, Arsene has no idea how to manage him, how to make good use of his pace. The boi is almost as fast as Ronaldo.
  Unfortunately, whether it's due to the other players' dullness or Arsene's, they just can't use his skills properly. Same way Arsene forgets how to use Cesc properly.  .  .that's Fergie's specialty. He understands his players' strengths and blends 'em all together in beautiful harmony.
Our players were so in sync last night, it was AWESOME!

Fergie should buy him sef. grin

Heyyyy, A-40 my fwend grin How're your wounds? I've got tissues. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by No2Atheism(m): 3:17pm On May 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

Same thing happened to Fabregas? When? How?
Was Cesc out for 3 months without kicking a ball? There's a difference between copping injuries that keeps you out for few weeks AND going for an ankle operation that took 3 months to recover from. . . . . .Forget kicking the ball. . . .After such operation, one will learn how to walk again like a toddler.

Ronaldo came through all this and still leads the scorer's chart of the toughest league in Europe.
His form in away ties especially in the K.O. stages of the Champions League has been outstanding.
He was unlucky not to have scored against Inter Milan. . . . .He scored a belter at Porto and now another brace at the Emirates.
Hate him or love him. . . . . .He is the most dangerous player in the world bar none.
There is no need for exagerration, truth is that everyone knows, sees and understands that Ronaldo has peaked, hence the best he can do is to maintain the same level. Likewise everyone knows the same applies to Fabregas.

About the surgeries that you are talking about, I have also had at least 2 Knee Arthroscopy surgeries to left knee myself (one in england and one in germany) hence there is no need for you to claim one injury is worse than another, as you are not really in a position to know. Just as no one is in a position to know how serious my knee injury is.

Considering that you are a ManUTd fan, its understandable that you'll do or say anything to prop up Ronaldo, however the facts of European competition, EPL, Champions league, FA Cup and so on shows that Ronaldo and Fabregas have both reached their peaks, how long they both last up there is now what is up for debate.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by No2Atheism(m): 3:19pm On May 06, 2009
Cristalz:

@No2Atheism
Sell Walcott? Nah. . .the lad is a really good player. Problem is, Arsene has no idea how to manage him, how to make good use of his pace. The boi is almost as fast as Ronaldo.
Unfortunately, whether it's due to the other players' dullness or Arsene's, they just can't use use him properly.

I never said Walcott should be sold, I just said that in current situation Walcott is a squad player at best, cus he is simply not good enough. Infact in my opinion Aaron Lennon is way better than Walcott.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Tmoni(m): 3:20pm On May 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

Ronaldo scored the second goal at OT against Intermilan,
Rooney crossed the ball in and Ronaldo nodded it in d net in the second half

I just watched that third goal again on facebook in High Definition,
It was World Class,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 3:23pm On May 06, 2009
Tmoni:

Ronaldo scored the second goal at OT against Intermilan,
Rooney crossed the ball in and Ronaldo nodded it in d net in the second half

I was talking about the AWAY leg when he had about 4 shots on goal in the first half without scoring.

No2Atheism:

There is no need for exagerration, truth is that everyone knows, sees and understands that Ronaldo has peaked, hence the best he can do is to maintain the same level. Likewise everyone knows the same applies to Fabregas.

Ronaldo has peaked at 24?? U must be having a laugh.
He has not even started yet. . . . . .This time last season, he wasn't scoring from 41 yards like he did last night.
His decision making is getting better and better. . . . .

About the surgeries that you are talking about, I have also had at least 2 Knee Arthroscopy surgeries to left knee myself (one in england and one in germany) hence there is no need for you to claim one injury is worse than another, as you are not really in a position to know. Just as know one is in a position to know how serious my knee injury is.

And what makes you think i have not had knee injuries before that required hydrotherapy and physiotherapy?
Don't even get me started. . . . .I know what injuries to the limbs are like.
U have to start learning how to walk again after the cast has been removed. It takes a man of a strong character to come through that.
How has Eduardo fared after his horrific injury?

Considering that you are a ManUTd fan, its understandable that you'll do or say anything to prop up Ronaldo, however the facts of European competition, EPL, Champions league, FA Cup and so on shows that Ronaldo and Fabregas have both reached their peaks, how long they both last up there is now what is up for debate.

Saying either Ronaldo or Fabregas has peaked is a bit premature. . . . .
That a player is out of form does not mean he has peaked. . . . . .Fabregas is still 22. . . . .He won't peak until 26/27.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 3:25pm On May 06, 2009
@No2 (this your moniker take style long o,lol grin )

That's what I'm saying.  .  .Walcott is good, it's Arsene making him look bad. Just like playing Cesc in the hole made the poor boi look like it was his first official outing with the team.

That's why I like Roman.  .  .he woulda shot Arsene right there on the pitch! grin Wenger's time is up. He should go.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 3:27pm On May 06, 2009
debosky:

What is wrong with these retarded scumtwats?

I am here and still going STRONG. We lost yes, but anyone can lose to mistakes in a semi-finals.

Y'all can scream out with Wenger all you want - Wenger says what he has to say. Did he truly refuse to buy 'experience' or did he have genuine constraints from within the club? WE WILL NEVER KNOW. Wenger has a deal with the management and he takes the heat on their behalf. With a new owner and a new CEO we will see if Wenger's time has truly come to an end or if his renaissance is beginning.

He has made great errors no doubt, but is it over for him? Not by a long shot.

Regardless of the defeat - Arsenal 1965  cool tongue

At last someone is making some sense here without clouding thought with sentiment

Cristalz:

@
That's why I like Roman. . .he woulda shot Arsene right there on the pitch! grin Wenger's time is up. He should go.

Coming from you, I'm not surprised.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 3:28pm On May 06, 2009
Cesc is far from his peak.  .  .he only turned 22 this month! Wenger has no idea how to recognize and merge skills properly for best results is all. If anybody has peaked, it's Arsene Wenger!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 3:30pm On May 06, 2009
@ahonohai
Hey, I'm not as terrible as you think,lol. . .was only doing my job. grin Relax,k?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Tmoni(m): 3:34pm On May 06, 2009
I just watched the second goal again,
even if Aluminium had parried it, JS Park was the first to react and he might have had a second goal
but am glad it was from CR7
he will score 30 goals this season
another 2 against Gaynners when u guys come to the torture chamber

E ma je gba, as usual!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 3:35pm On May 06, 2009
No2Atheism:

I never said Walcott should be sold, I just said that in current situation Walcott is a squad player at best, cus he is simply not good enough. Infact in my opinion Aaron Lennon is way better than Walcott.
Walcott is a good player and he did his best abeg our rag-tag defence conceded a goal with Utd's first attack yesterday!! last season Walcott almost single-handedly won us the tie against Liverpool only for Kolo Toure to gift Liverpool a penalty thirty seconds later a few weeks back at Wembley this same Walcott gave us the lead against Chelsea and supplied a killer ball that RVP refused to finish only for another defensive blunder to cost us that match one man can only do so much offense wins you games defence wins you Championships!!

The team didn't even play like boys yesterday they played like mice besides Nasri,Almunia and Walcott the rest of the team was just gar-barge Vela couldn't do much he came in late
Cristalz:

@No2Atheism
  Sell Walcott? Nah.  .  .the lad is a really good player. Problem is, Arsene has no idea how to manage him, how to make good use of his pace. The boi is almost as fast as Ronaldo.
  Unfortunately, whether it's due to the other players' dullness or Arsene's, they just can't use his skills properly. Same way Arsene forgets how to use Cesc properly.  .  .that's Fergie's specialty. He understands his players' strengths and blends 'em all together in beautiful harmony.
Our players were so in sync last night, it was AWESOME!

No wounds on this man chica  smiley I'm cooler than a polar bear colony  cool cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by No2Atheism(m): 3:36pm On May 06, 2009
Cristalz:

Cesc is far from his peak.  .  .he only turned 22 this month! Wenger has no idea how to recognize and merge skills properly for best results is all. If anybody has peaked, it's Arsene Wenger!
ahonohai:

At last someone is making some sense here without clouding thought with sentiment

Coming from you, I'm not surprised.
~Sauron~:

I was talking about the AWAY leg when he had about 4 shots on goal in the first half without scoring.

Ronaldo has peaked at 24?? U must be having a laugh.
He has not even started yet. . . . . .This time last season, he wasn't scoring from 41 yards like he did last night.
His decision making is getting better and better. . . . .

And what makes you think i have not had knee injuries before that required hydrotherapy and physiotherapy?
Don't even get me started. . . . .I know what injuries to the limbs are like.
U have to start learning how to walk again after the cast has been removed. It takes a man of a strong character to come through that.
How has Eduardo fared after his horrific injury?

Saying either Ronaldo or Fabregas has peaked is a bit premature. . . . .
That a player is out of form does not mean he has peaked. . . . . .Fabregas is still 22. . . . .He won't peak until 26/27.
@sauron,
Exactly am telling you that you as a person and those around you are the only ones who can really judge and make categorical statements about the severity of an injury, i cannot judge cus i don't know. likewise you cannot judge cus you don't know.
Only Fabregas or Ronaldo can judge the severity of their injuries, amount of time spent out its not always an indicator of the injury.

About different players peaking at different ages, truth is that there there is no hard and fast rule as to the age when players peak, hence you saying 26/27 is the age is just mere speculation:

Saviola -
Ronaldinho -
Owen -
Reyes -
Roger Milla -

Are examples of players that peaked at different ages and started declining from then onwards,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 3:37pm On May 06, 2009
Crizzle, I feel you. . . . . AW has passed his peak. Marseille President used to call him 'the eternal bridesmaid' cos he always came second in Ligue1, never first. . . . . . . now that the strongmen of Arsenal such as Vieira are no longer at Arsenal, he has resorted to this nonsense tippy-tappy football. . . .

Fabregas is a don and will always remain one. Any coach can see that Fab is lacking a bit of physicality. But one thing I trust Fab4 for is his runs off the ball and his passing game. Therefore he needs to be at the point of a three-man central midfield. Theres no difference between him Lamps and Gerrard if played in the right position. 11 goals in 13 games in that position last season should attest to that. There's no point playing weaklings like Nasri in central midfield and shifting the burden to Fabregas to cover him. CR7 is also still at the top of his game. The only man who can play left-wing, right-wing or striker and make it look natural. He is a physical phenomenom. Height, strength, pace, skill. . . . and the most accurate shot in World football. . . . Messi may be more skillful and probably better. . . . . but Ronaldo is the most complete footballer alround.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by No2Atheism(m): 3:38pm On May 06, 2009
A-40:

Walcott is a good player and he did his best abeg our rag-tag defence conceded a goal with Utd's first attack yesterday!! last season Walcott almost single-handedly won us the tie against Liverpool only for Kolo Toure to gift Liverpool a penalty thirty seconds later a few weeks back at Wembley this same Walcott gave us the lead against Chelsea and supplied a killer ball that RVP refused to finish only for another defensive blunder to cost us that match one man can only do so much offense wins you games defence wins you Championships!!

The team didn't even play like boys yesterday they played like mice besides Nasri,Almunia and Walcott the rest of the team was just gar-barge Vela couldn't do much he came in late No wounds on this man chica  smiley I'm cooler than a polar bear colony  cool cool

A good player is sporadic, and hence called a squad player.

A World Class player is consistent, hence called a first 11 player.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 3:40pm On May 06, 2009
Tmoni:

I just watched the second goal again,
even if Aluminium had parried it, JS Park was the first to react and he might have had a second goal
but am glad it was from CR7
he will score 30 goals this season
another 2 against Gaynners when u guys come to the torture chamber

Almunia didn't see the ball. . . . . .He closed his eyes in the last minute.
Ronaldo is a beast. . . . .I was thinking(Please don't blast it from there, it's too far out).
I was WRONG!!!!

Ibime:

CR7 is also still at the top of his game. The only man who can play left-wing, right-wing or striker and make it look natural. He is a physical phenomenom. Height, strength, pace, skill. . . . and the most accurate shot in World football. . . . Messi may be more skillful and probably better. . . . . but Ronaldo is the most complete footballer alround.

Ronaldo is more dangerous. . . . .
He can score all kinda goals. Set-pieces, headers, counter-attacks, dribble and score, long range shots.
Ronaldo has got it all. . . . . .He can score any kinda goal Messi has scored but Messi cannot score from 41 yards(open play or dead ball).
I will have Ronaldo before i consider Messi. Cristiano is more versatile.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by No2Atheism(m): 3:44pm On May 06, 2009
Cristalz:

Madam, he is there already at his peak, the question is not if he gets there. But rather the question is how long can he stay there.

Age has nothing to do with football brains, a player can be young and already have matured football brains, hence the reason why it might seem like such a player is no longer improving with age again. This is simply because the players football brains is already matured and his age is just trying to catch up, hence why no more improvements is seen with age.
e.g. Messi is hopelessly young, yet his football brains is older than that of Ryan Giggs,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 3:47pm On May 06, 2009
No2Atheism:

A good player is sporadic, and hence called a squad player.

A World Class player is consistent, hence called a first 11 player.
Now you are talking oya now ask yourself how many consistent players do we have in our first 11?Walcott might be a right footer but there is nothing wrong with the coach having him switch wings since Evra and Rooney where making life difficult for him on the wings.Don't forget this dude is only 20 and besides Arshavin i want you to name me 3 players in that Arsenal squad that have been as good as Walcott since he came back from his shoulder injury

But come ohh does Eduardo have cancer? from ankle injury to thigh strain and now a groin injury  undecided undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 3:49pm On May 06, 2009
L'arse are out! its no news . . .i have been busy since morning and hey,Sauron is calling for my head tongue no shakes . . he's high of cheap CR7 goals grin grin . . .but for my club . . a steady progression i must say . . .we were 1/4 finalist last year . . .and today one of the EUROPE BEST 4 Teams beating L'pool,Madrid,AC Milan and host of other clubs to it with a very young side (i am not giving any excuses) but in all fairness,we are a formidable team . .Man Utd deserved the victory but one thing remain firm and that is : I STILL REMAIN A LOYAL AND HUMBLE GUNNER FAN.

Gunners 1800 tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by No2Atheism(m): 3:55pm On May 06, 2009
A-40:

Now you are talking oya now ask yourself how many consistent players do we have in our first 11?Walcott might be a right footer but there is nothing wrong with the coach having him switch wings since Evra and Rooney where making life difficult for him on the wings.Don't forget this dude is only 20 and besides Arshavin i want you to name me 3 players in that Arsenal squad that have been as good as Walcott since he came back from his shoulder injury

But come ohh does Eduardo have cancer? from ankle injury to thigh strain and now a groin injury  undecided undecided

chk this link,

1. Nasri is one
2. Song is one
3. Gallas is one (before the injury)

Check the following quotes for better info from cus i don't like repeating myself:

No2Atheism:

@Presido1, i am an arsenal fan but a realistic one at that.

- I completely agree with your assessment of fabregas.

- I believe fabregas is an early developer, hence he has really reached the peak of his footballing skills, hence the horrible season he's having now that he does not have experienced players around to lean on.

- I believe Christiano Ronaldo is also an early developer and has likewise reached his peak, hence the stop start season is already starting to have.

- I actually think that Ramsey would be a far more better and complete player than Fabregas would ever be, hence going to Real Madrid or Barcelona would be the worst mistake of Fabregas life. Iniesta and Xavi are far far better players than fabregas, hence fabregas would always be on the bench if he goes to barcelona.

- Hleb was a far far better player than fabregas, hence i would gladly take him back to arsenal.

- Flamini is a one season wonder, hence i don't really think i want to take him back.

- Diaby, Denilson, Walcott, Djourou, Almunia, Adebayor are average players meant for average teams like Newcastle or Everton, but not Arsenal. They are squad players competing to make the bench at best. There are already too many average and below average squad players, hence the useless and old ones have to removed as fast as possible.

- Almunia is merely a second choice goal keeper at best, 4 costly mistakes in important matches has already made that obvious. (2 in CL Final, 1 in CL Semifinal, 1 against Spurs)

- Fabregas should be sold if he wants to make the mistake of leaving arsenal to sit on the bench at Real Madrid and Barcelona.

- Lampard, Gerrard are better midfielders compared to Fabregas.

- Adebayor should be sold immediately, he is simply not good enough.

- Silvestre is shit and would always be shit

Arsenals first team should consist of only the following players.

- Rosicky (if he ever gets to play again)
- Eduardo (if he ever gets to play again)
- Arshavin (Best player in the team already)
- Nasri
- Gallas
- Toure
- Clichy
- Sagna
- Eboue (he's good as a backup to Sagna during attacking situations)
- Fabregas (as a central midfielder and nothing more cus he does not have the skills to be more than that)

Positions that need to be filled on the first team and bench are

- 1 World Class  experienced Goal Keeper
- 1 World Class experienced Defender
- 1 World Class experienced Defensive midfielder
- 1 World Class experienced Striker
- 1 World Class experienced Dribbler that would never pass the ball to create chances, but instead would choose to take on players to create chances.

Possible players that can fill the necessary roles highlighted above.

- Gareth Barry (Defensive midfielder)
- Cana (Defensive midfielder)
- David Villa (Striker)
- Alonso (Defensive midfielder)
- Benzema (Striker)
- Buffon (Goal Keeper)
- Hangeland (Defender)
- Giorgio Chiellini (Defender)
- Hleb (Dribbler)
- David Silva (Dribbler)

Young players that should still be given 2 more years chances to improve, fight for places on the bench or risk being sold are:
- Bendtner
- Vela
- Ramsey
- Fabianski
- Walcott
- Song

Young players that still need to improve and train hard to even make it into the first team squad talkless of bench are:
- Wilshire
- Gibbs

Players that need to be sold as soon as possible:
- Adebayor
- Diaby
- Denilson
- Silvestre

If Wenger refuses to make this changes and improvements, then i really think he needs to be sacked before he turns Arsenal into what he turned Monaco into.

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (102)

Chelsea Vs Arsenal (2 - 0) On 19th September 2015 / Manchester City Vs Arsenal (5 - 0) On 28th August 2021 / Manchester United Vs Newcastle United - (4 - 1) On September 11 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.