Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,215 members, 7,811,592 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

247frolic's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 247frolic's Profile / 247frolic's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 31 pages)

Politics / 2019: INEC Needs 2,600 Vehicles In Ebonyi- REC by 247frolic(m): 3:30pm On Aug 29, 2018
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) says it requires 2,652 vehicles of different types for movement of materials and officials for the 2019 general elections in Ebonyi.

The News Agency of Nigeria, NAN, Prof. Godswill Obioma, INEC Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) in Ebonyi made the disclosure at a meeting between the commission and state officials of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) in Abakaliki on Wednesday.
Obioma said that effective and timely movement of election officials and materials to designated poling units and voting points was critical for credible, smooth and successful conduct of election.
He explained that the vehicles would be deployed to the 2, 293 poling units and voting points across the 13 local government areas of the state and INEC state Headquarters.
According to him, the Transport Strategy Plan (TSP) is an innovation by the state Headquarters of the commission to achieve prompt and unhindered transport arrangement for the 2019 general elections in Ebonyi.
The REC said it would send the final draft of the transport strategy compiled by the two bodies to the INEC headquarters for approval.
“The draft strategy plan provides for the deployment of 2, 652 vehicles of different types for the elections in Ebonyi.
“1, 326 vehicles will be deployed for the Presidential and National Assembly elections in February 16, 2019 while another 1,326 vehicles will be required for governorship and state Houses of Assembly elections making a total of 2, 652 vehicles.
According to the arrangement, Abakaliki will be allocated 131 vehicles, Afikpo North, 92, Afikpo South, 76, Ebonyi 90, Ezza North 99, Ezza South 89 and Ikwo 135.
Others are Ishielu, Ivo, Izzi, Ohaozara, Ohaukwu and Onitcha local government areas will receive 105, 60, 142,78, 125, and 98 vehicles respectively while INEC state Headquarters will have six haulage vehicles.
“The transport strategy plan is a deliberate effort and knowledge driven initiative by INEC and NURTW in Ebonyi to strategize and produce a concrete transport arrangement for 2019 general elections.
“The initiative will forestall logistics failure in the state in the short run and develop a frame work for the smooth conduct of future elections in the long run.
“The place of transport logistics in the electoral process obviously is central and cardinal in spite of the inter play of other critical intervening variables.
“The relevant provisions of the strategy plan are the determination of total number of vehicles requirements local government by local government strictly based on actual needs assessment.
“It also provides for 10 per cent projected increase for the emergency responses alongside revised logistics of both men and materials required for the elections.
“The plan also prescribed criteria for admitting quality and sound vehicles to be used for 2019, a proposal for a cost free training of drivers on ethical standard and code of conduct among other key issues,” he said.
The chairman of the state chapter of NURTW, Chief Oko Ewah led officials of the transport union to the meeting.

http://www.metronaija.ng/2019-inec-needs-2600-vehicles-in-ebonyi-rec/

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
Politics / Amosun Commissions International Breweries Plc Bara Ogun, Largest In West Africa by 247frolic(m): 7:16am On Aug 29, 2018
Ogun state Governor Ibikunle Amosun at the commissioning of the largest brewery in West Africa, the International Breweries Plc, by President Buhari, represented by Boss Mustaphaon Tuesday, at the factory located at Bara community along Abeokuta-Sagamu interchange.

http://www.metronaija.ng/photos-amosun-commissions-largest-brewery-in-west-africa/

4 Likes 1 Share

Politics / VIDEO: ''only God Can Determine When Leah Sharibu Will Return'' -presidency by 247frolic(m): 12:20pm On Aug 28, 2018
The presidency as reacted to the audio released by Boko Haram to prove that Leah Sharibu, the only remaining Dapchi school girl in their capitivty, is still alive. Recall that in February, 119 Dapchi school girls were abducted. In March, 113 were returned by Boko Haram while Leah, a Christian who refused to convert to a Muslim, was held back.

Yesterday, a faction of the Boko Haram sect released a video as proof of life. Leah who has been held captive for 7 months now by a breakaway faction from Boko Haram called Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP), pleaded with the government of Nigeria to secure her release. She also pleaded with Nigerians to assist her family at their time of suffering. Read here.

Reacting to the video this morning on Channels TV, the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, said only God can determine when she would return home. When asked how much longer would she be in the captivity, Adesina said

''I think that question can only be answered by God but I believe that God is interested in that young girl and will ensure that she is preserved. By the time the video clip we have now is verified, One would be sure it is her actually and when that is determined, we should all be glad that she is alive. When will she return? By the grace of God, government is working on it, working at it and we believe she will be back.''

Adesina also stated that President Buhari had always maintained that his government would do everything possible, including paying money, to ensure that the abducted girls are released.

Watch a clip from the interview below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGUQhmKs-Nw

http://www.metronaija.ng/only-god-can-determine-when-leah-sharibu-will-return-presidency/

Politics / Re: PHOTOS: Ajimobi And Yinka Ayefele At 90th Birthday Of The Olubadan Of Ibadaland by 247frolic(m): 2:40pm On Aug 27, 2018

Politics / PHOTOS: Ajimobi And Yinka Ayefele At 90th Birthday Of The Olubadan Of Ibadaland by 247frolic(m): 2:40pm On Aug 27, 2018
Oyo state Governor Ajimobi and CEO Fresh FM, Yinka Ayefele attended the 90th birthday of The Olubadan of Ibadaland, Oba Saliu Adetunji.

http://www.metronaija.ng/photos-ajimobi-and-yinka-ayefele-at-90th-birthday-of-the-olubadan-of-ibadaland/

Politics / Buhari Interacting With Soldiers At Katsina Airport (Photos) by 247frolic(m): 1:37pm On Aug 25, 2018
Before departing Katsina for Abuja today, President Buhari met with military personnel deployed to curb the activities of bandits and criminals in Zamfara and neighbouring states under Operations Sharan Daji and Diran Mikiya, at the Katsina Airport.

http://www.metronaija.ng/photos-buhari-interacting-with-troops-in-zamfara/

6 Likes 4 Shares

Celebrities / Re: PHOTOS: Tonto Dikeh, Mercy Aigbe, Toyin Abraham At Bobrisky’s Birthday Dinner by 247frolic(m): 9:58am On Aug 25, 2018

Celebrities / PHOTOS: Tonto Dikeh, Mercy Aigbe, Toyin Abraham At Bobrisky’s Birthday Dinner by 247frolic(m): 9:58am On Aug 25, 2018
Last night, Nigerian crossdresser and male barbier, Bobrisky hosted a couple of his celebrity friends to a birthday dinner in Lagos before they all wrapped up the night at Escape Night club to turn up.

At the dinner attended by Tonto Dikeh, Mercy Aigbe, Totin Abraham, Anita Joseph and others, Bobrisky gave an emotional speech to appreciate them all for standing by him through all the social media criticisms he’s faced.

See the video and more photos below…

http://www.metronaija.ng/photos-tonto-dikeh-mercy-aigbe-toyin-abraham-others-at-bobriskys-birthday-dinner/

Properties / PHOTO: Dangote, Otedola, Sam Iwuajoku & Richie Shittu Pose With Table Water by 247frolic(m): 9:47am On Aug 25, 2018
Lol Twitter has gone gaga after a photo emerged showing four BILLIONAIRES. And you know what, there was nothing more than just water on their table. That got people talking and how others strive so hard to show off expensive drinks to prove they are living the life. Lol. See reactions below….

http://www.metronaija.ng/photo-dangote-otedola-sam-iwuajoku-richie-shittu-pose-with-table-water/

Education / ASUU Urges Osun, Oyo Govts To Bailout LAUTECH by 247frolic(m): 9:26am On Aug 25, 2018
The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), Sokoto Zone, has urged Osun and Oyo state governments to hasten measures that would bail out Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH), Ogbomosho from its deplorable condition.

The ASUU Zonal Coordinator, Mr Jamilu Shehu, who made the call on Friday at a news conference in Katsina, said the call became imperative because condition was affecting academic activities.

“’LAUTECH is an institution jointly owned by Osun and Oyo state governments.

“Since 2013, the university has been grossly underfunded due to non-release of funds by the two state governments.

“Consequently, staff of the university are owed 10 months salary arrears and are currently being paid net salary, while their promotion arrears from 2013 to 2017 have yet to be paid.

“The infrastructure in the university is also in a sorry state,’’ he said.

The coordinator said that the university’s Governing Council was left with no option than to rely on the Internally Generated Revenue to finance its expenditure.

Shehu also said that the underfunding by the two states had resulted in increase in tuition fees from N100,000 to N300,000.

The coordinator recalled that the union and two governments signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), which the governments failed to implement in spite of 10 months strike.

“For proper funding and management, we advised that the institution can be ceded to one of the states.

“The two states should without any delay, commence full implementation of the agreements already signed,’’ he said.

He urged traditional and religious leaders, elder statesmen, media, parents, student organisations and civil societies to intervene so as to salvage the institution.

http://www.metronaija.ng/ASUU-urges-osun-oyo-govts-to-bailout-lautech-2/

Politics / PHOTOS: Aisha Buhari Commissions Project By Daura Women Grassroots by 247frolic(m): 7:17am On Aug 24, 2018
As part of her continuous efforts to improve the lives of women, First Lady, Mrs Aisha Buhari commissioned a noble project by Daura Women Grassroots Initiative which seeks to empower women.

http://www.metronaija.ng/photos-aisha-buhari-commissions-project-by-daura-women-grassroots/

Career / 2 Airport Security Guards Get N500k For Returning Missing Bag Filled With Dollar by 247frolic(m): 10:03pm On Aug 23, 2018
Two security guards at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Ikeja, were on Thursday rewarded with N250,000 each after returning a passenger’s missing bag full of dollars and jewellery.

The security guards are Mr Achi Daniel and Mr Francis Emepueaku of Halogen Securities Ltd.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Daniel was with his colleague, Emepueaku, when he found the bag on Aug.18 at the airport.

Daniel said: “Inside the bag, we saw a mobile phone, jewellery and huge amount of money in dollars and several other documents.

“At that point, I went straight to the manager’s office who now put a call through to somebody in Atlanta Georgia, and the person happened to be daughter of the owner of the bag.

“If the money was in multi-millions of foreign currencies, I would still have returned it.

“I saw the bag on a trolley at the car park, and I said to myself that somebody must have forgot it there.

“It was not padlocked and without opening it, I went to the ground floor with the bag to meet my supervisor,” Daniel told newsmen at the event.”

The security guard said that it was not his first time of returning money in foreign currencies to their rightful owners.

“When they returned (passengers involved), they were jittery that some of the items in the bag might have vanished.

“But after crosschecking it, she (owner) discovered that everything was intact and the family attempted to give us some amount of money as a form of appreciation, which we rejected, telling them that we were doing our job.

“It never crossed my mind to steal the money; I wouldn’t have done that because it was not my first time of finding such and returning to the owners.

“No amount of money would make me to take what does not belong to me. I believe my own time will come and at the right time,” Daniel said.

Also, Mr Saleh Dunoma, the Managing Director, Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), said that several other related cases had been recorded at the nation’s airports.

Dunoma, who was represented at the event by Mr Salisu Daura, the FAAN Director of Engineering Services, said that the duo’s act gave confidence and credibility to the agency’s security profiling system.

He said that the duo would “forever be remembered in the annals of the industry as role models, reference points, shining lights and good ambassadors.

“Some others may look at you and tag you stupid, but I want to assure you that by virtue of this act, you have secured seats for yourselves in the comity of those with credibility and integrity.

“I want to advice other members of staff to emulate this great virtue and become role models, just like these two security guards,” he said.

http://www.metronaija.ng/2-security-guards-get-n500000-rewards-for-returning-missing-bag/

42 Likes 4 Shares

Politics / PHOTOS: Saraki At Ojude Oba Festival by 247frolic(m): 12:24pm On Aug 23, 2018
Senate President, Bukola Saraki join the Awujale of Ijebu Kingdom, Oba Sikiru Kayode Adetona, at this year’s edition of Ojude Oba festival.''

http://www.metronaija.ng/photos-saraki-at-ojude-oba-festival/

Politics / Re: Photos From Kano Durban 2018 by 247frolic(m): 10:47pm On Aug 22, 2018

1 Share

Politics / Re: Photos From Kano Durban 2018 by 247frolic(m): 10:46pm On Aug 22, 2018

Politics / Photos From Kano Durban 2018 by 247frolic(m): 10:45pm On Aug 22, 2018
Kano Durbar 2018 which is the biggest horse procession in the world, with a very rich cultural heritage and indeed one of the most spectacular display of tradition and culture in Nigeria.

http://www.metronaija.ng/photos-from-kano-durban-2018/

Celebrities / Demolition Notice Landed Me In Hospital For Five Days - Yinka Ayefele by 247frolic(m): 11:51am On Aug 22, 2018
Yinka Ayefele has disclosed that he was hospitalised for five days when he received the notice that his Music House building housing his Fresh FM in Ibadan would be demolished. According to the artiste, he was on hospital bed from August 14 till August 18

Ayefele said his wife was at the home of Governor Abiola Ajimobi around 11pm on August 18 till about 4am on August 19, pleading with him not to demolish the building. He said: “Immediately, I got this demolition notice last Monday, August 13, I started making moves on how we could overcome it.

All I can see is the demolition taking place, after we had gone to court. “They were served with the court processes on Thursday and the case was fixed for August 20 (yesterday). But before today, we saw that they had carried out what they said they were coming to do. “On Saturday, my wife was with the governor of Oyo State. She was on her knees for almost five hours with the governor – it was around 11 p.m till 4a.m – in the governor’s house.

I was on my hospital bed because I had been down since Tuesday that I got the demolition notice. “I would have followed them to the governor’s house, but I couldn’t go because I was on the hospital bed. So, I asked my wife to go there and solicit on my behalf. My wife was with the governor for almost five hours. “The governor said she should not worry, that everything would be resolved. As a matter of fact, the governor gave my wife $1,000 and two other people who followed her to the place. He told them everything was over. What we saw was the demolition on Sunday morning.

“I don’t know precisely what went wrong. What has been my offence to deserve this? I have close to 200 people who work with me here. All my labour, what I have laboured for, for over 20 years in pain, was just pulled down in minutes. “So, I don’t know if there has been any way that I have wronged the government, I would have gone to beg or pray for forgiveness.”

http://www.metronaija.ng/demolition-notice-landed-me-in-hospital-for-five-days-yinka-ayefele/

Crime / Hosea Akuchi Killed, His Wife Talatu Hosea Akuchi Kidnapped In Kaduna by 247frolic(m): 11:20am On Aug 22, 2018
Reverend Hosea Akuchi, a pastor of a Baptist Church, Guguwa, Nasira, Igabi local government area of Kaduna state, has been killed by gunmen while attempting to resist abduction.

It is understood that moments after killing the cleric, the suspected bandits abducted his wife, Mrs. Talatu Hosea Akuchi, and placed a N5 million ransom on her head.

A source in the troubled area had said the attackers invaded the church premises at about 1:00a.m. on Monday and forced their way into the apartment of the clergyman, shot him and took away his wife.

Yesterday, the source said:

“The abductors said we need to pay them N5 million before they can release her to us.”

“They call a family phone line to tell us that heartless talk after killing the reverend in cold blood.

“How can this injustice continue in a country like Nigeria without any serious measures in place to check the activities of these people.”

“You can imagine that they now have the gut to walk into people’s home, kill and abduct and also have an effrontery to demand for ransom. Where and how can we get that money?”

“How can we become prisoners in our own country as law abiding citizens?”

Confirming the incident, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Kaduna Police Command, DSP Yakubu Sabo said that the clergyman was shot while struggling with attackers whose intention may be to abduct him.

“In the early hours of this morning, information reaching us that some armed men storm the house of Reverend Hosea and attempted to kidnap him,” he said.

“But after struggling with them, they shot him and took away his wife. It is quite unfortunate that while we are keeping the peace we are enjoying in Kaduna, some criminals are doing this to sabotage our collective efforts.

“We have visited the scene of the unfortunate incident and we are trying our best to get to the root of this incident and as soon as we get more information, I will get back to you”

However, Sabo, who earlier confirmed the killing of the reverend, told newsmen that no ransom was placed on the abducted woman.

According to him “The assertion that a ransom is been placed on the women is not true. This rumour of N5 million has started going wild, even before establishing contact with them.”

“Investigation is still in progress and if there is any updates regarding the incident, it will be made known to the press,” the PPRO added.

http://www.metronaija.ng/pastor-murdered-as-gunmen-kidnap-his-wife-in-kaduna/

L
Politics / Irate Youths Set Imo Magistrates’ Court On Fire by 247frolic(m): 11:04am On Aug 22, 2018
There is pandemonium at the Magistrates’ Court in Olru, Imo State, as youths numbering above 15 set the court building on fire.

Our correspondent gathered that the fire destroyed all the documents in the court before it could be quenched.

The Magistrates’ Court is on the premises of Orlu High court.

The Police spokesperson in the state, Andrew Enwerem, who confirmed the incident to our correspondent in a telephone conversation, said that it was a case of suspected arson.

Enwerem said that the Commissioner of Police, Daduki Galadanchi, had mandated the Area Commander in charge of Orlu zone to commence full investigations into the matter.

http://www.metronaija.ng/irate-youths-set-imo-magistrates-court-on-fire/

Celebrities / NBC Condemns Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele's Fresh FM By Oyo Govt by 247frolic(m): 10:49am On Aug 22, 2018
The National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) has condemned the demolition of the structure housing the Fresh FM in Ibadan by the Oyo State Government.

The Director-General of NBC, Ishaq Midibbo-Kawu, who spoke to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Ilorin, said the demolition was a worrisome development and did not speak well of the state government.

The structure, “Music House, ” reportedly valued at N800 million and which had been in operation for 10 years, was demolished in the early hours of Sunday.

The property is owned by a popular musician, Yinka Ayefele.

Kawu said: “The development is worrisome because for all it is worth, the broadcast outfits are playing a big role in reducing unemployment, especially in this situation where many young Nigerians are idle.

“They also play social, informational, educational and entertaining roles in the society.

“Such development does not speak well of the government and has a negative effect on the nation, especially at a point when more broadcasting outfits are influencing the social space in the country.

“In this case particularly, there are so many issues that can be weaved up negatively by people.

“We hope that as we move forward, we will be able to find a solution to the situation,” Modibbo-Kawu said.

The director-general said when the NBC got hint of the demolition, he made some contacts with some people in the state.

Kawu said that he could, however, not stop it.

The NBC boss promised to set up a meeting with the state government on finding a way forward on the issue.

The NBC boss recalled a similar experience in Nasarawa State about a year ago when the property housing Breeze 99.9 FM was demolished.

“What we did was to meet our licensee to find out what the issues were because he was prepared to go to court.

“We also met with the state Commissioner for Information and the Governor.

“The issue also was that the building violated the usage of urban space.

“We were able to reach an agreement that the government should give the broadcaster a new plot of land and assist him to go back to building a new station.

“However, just last week, I got a letter that the side of the government in the agreement had not been fulfilled,” he said.

Modibbo-Kawu also clarified the recent media report that his commission banned some songs, saying Nigerians must understand the statutory mandate of the NBC.

“It is important to let Nigerians understand that NBC does not ban any song.

“I read on social media platforms all the time that NBC banned a song; the commission never bans any song.

“What NBC does all the time is to remind our licensees that there are certain categorisation of music that are important in broadcasting.

“If a song is categorised, “Not To Be Broadcast” (NTBB) because of the lyrics of the song, then, we will remind the broadcasters that they cannot be broadcast.

“This is what it is misinterpreted in the social media that we banned the song,” he said

The director general also refuted the allegation that NBC was “carrying out a Jihad on Nigerian songs” based on a petition by a faith-based human rights organisation, Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC).

He stressed that the NBC did not carry out any Jihad, but only responded to a song on a radio station because it had lyrics that were NTBB.

Kawu gave an assurance that the Federal Government, through the NBC, would not infringe on artistic liberty or licence.

He, however, reminded artistes and broadcast organisations of their responsibilities to Nigerians and the youths, in particular.

“Last week, I issued a press release to urge Nigerian artistes to have different versions of their songs.

“They should do a version that can be used for public broadcast space and another version for club usage which can carry all kinds of lyrics that they want.

“If they want their songs to be broadcast on radio and television in Nigeria, these songs must conform to rules and must be songs that young people can listen to,” he said.

He disclosed that the commission was planning a national dialogue with Nigeria leading artistes on the need to avoid vulgar lyrics and hate speeches in their songs.

“The truth of the matter is that 75 per cent of our population is under the age of 35 while 63 per cent is under the age of 25, so we have a younger population.

“If you go on Youtube, Olamide song, “Wo” has over 10 million hits.

“ That tells you the kind of influence these young artistes have on all our children in the country.

“They should help to orientate the young people on the right values.

“If their songs celebrate sex, violence, the use of drugs, alcohol and fraud, then they are not helping in the moulding of young people

“We believe that the young generation who listen to them can be guided through the use of their artistic works to play functional social purposes in the society,” he said.

He said the dialogue would focus on the need for the artistes to use their music to propagate positive messages about development.

http://www.metronaija.ng/nbc-condemns-demolition-of-fresh-fm-by-oyo-govt/

4 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Buhari Signs Instrument Of Accession To The International Cocoa Agreement, 2010 by 247frolic(m): 8:33pm On Aug 21, 2018
Sequel to the Federal Executive Council approval for Nigeria to accede to the International Cocoa Agreement, 2010, President Muhammadu Buhari Monday, at the State House, Abuja, signed the Instrument of Accession to the International Cocoa Agreement, 2010.

Following the execution of the instrument of accession, Nigeria undertakes “faithfully to abide by all the stipulations therein contained” in the Agreement.

Among other benefits, the Agreement is expected to strengthen cooperation between exporting and importing member countries; improve their cocoa economies through active and better focused project development and strategies for capacity-building.

The 2010 Agreement is also expected to build on the successes of the 2001 Agreement by “implementing measures leading to an increase in the income of cocoa farmers and by supporting cocoa producers in improving the functioning of their cocoa economies.”

It will also “deliver cocoa of better quality, take effective account of food-safety issues and help establish social, economic and environmental sustainability, so that farmers are rewarded for producing cocoa that meets ethical and environmental considerations.

http://www.metronaija.ng/buhari-signs-instrument-of-accession-to-the-international-cocoa-agreement-2010/

Politics / Re: Governor El-Rufai At Eid Praying Ground by 247frolic(m): 11:40am On Aug 21, 2018

Politics / Governor El-Rufai At Eid Praying Ground by 247frolic(m): 11:40am On Aug 21, 2018
Kaduna state Governor Nasir Ahmad observed the #EidAlAdha Prayer with the people of Kafanchan this morning.

http://www.metronaija.ng/photos-governor-el-rufai-at-eid-praying-ground/

1 Like

Celebrities / PHOTOS: Tayo Sobola Dazzles In BLACK by 247frolic(m): 1:00pm On Aug 20, 2018
Nice dress? You like?

http://www.metronaija.ng/photos-tayo-sobola-dazzles-in-black/

Politics / Re: PHOTOS: Osinbajo Presides Over NEC by 247frolic(m): 5:57pm On Aug 16, 2018

Politics / PHOTOS: Osinbajo Presides Over NEC by 247frolic(m): 5:57pm On Aug 16, 2018
Acting president, Prof. Osinbajo presides over NEC, State House, Presidential Villa, Abuja. 16th August, 2018.

http://www.metronaija.ng/photos-osinbajo-presides-over-nec/

Politics / Osinbajo Visits NYSC Camp In Bakura Town (Photos) by 247frolic(m): 3:30pm On Aug 15, 2018
Acting President, Prof. Osinbajo acknowledges cheers while he is being welcomed by NYSC members of Bakura town.

http://www.metronaija.ng/photos-osinbajo-visits-nysc-camp-in-bakura-town/

6 Likes 4 Shares

Politics / PHOTOS: Crowd Welcomes Osinbajo To Zamfara by 247frolic(m): 3:02pm On Aug 15, 2018
Acting President, Prof. Osinbajo waves to acknowledge cheers from crowd during his visit to Zamfara State.

http://www.metronaija.ng/osinbajo-in-zamfara-photos/

Politics / Buhari, Kachikwu At The Signing Of Bilateral Agreement Between Nigeria And Niger by 247frolic(m): 3:27pm On Jul 24, 2018
President Buhari at the signing of the Bilateral Agreement for the construction of Hydrocarbon Pipeline from the Republic of Niger to Nigeria & a new refinery.

http://newshelm.ng/photos-president-buhari-at-the-signing-bilateral-agreement-between-nigeria-and-niger/

8 Likes 3 Shares

Politics / Nigerians Blast Sowore For Criticizing Fg’s Rendition Of National Airline by 247frolic(m): 7:34am On Jul 19, 2018
The presidential aspirant of the ‘new generation’ and publisher, Sahara Reporters have incurred the wrath of some angry Nigerians following his criticisms of the artistic rendition of the National Airline as Nigeria Air

In his words;

The artistic rendition of a National Airline is not the same thing as “Nigeria Air”, the proposed airline for Nigeria. By the way, I totally support the initiative and I’ve spoken about it at Town Hall Meetings. The Nigerian government hasn’t ordered a single aircraft, not a single office building or hangar or ticket counter. Just another artistic rendition of “Nigeria Air” the same as GEJ did in 2014 commissioning a model of the 2nd Niger Bridge. Don’t let them fool ya! #TakeItBack

Here are angry reactions it drew from Nigerians:

http://newshelm.ng/nigerians-blast-sowore-for-criticizing-fgs-rendition-of-national-airline/

cc lalasticlala mynd44

Politics / Re: #prayfornigeria: Nigerians Recount Probably The Worst Week In Her History by 247frolic(m): 10:01pm On Jun 28, 2018

Politics / #prayfornigeria: Nigerians Recount Probably The Worst Week In Her History by 247frolic(m): 9:58pm On Jun 28, 2018

Whatever Nigeria is going through currently is so heartbreaking.

It's probably the worst we've experienced in the history. Plateau massacre,  Dbanj's son demise, World cup elimination, Bodija police-civilian clash, Otedola bridge inferno all in the space of 8 days.

http://newshelm.ng/prayfornigeria-nigerians-recount-probably-the-worst-week-in-her-history/

cc lalasticlala mynd44

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 31 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.