Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

247TechBlog's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 247TechBlog's Profile / 247TechBlog's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (of 4 pages)

Phones / These 9 Secret USSD Codes Unlock Hidden Features On Your Phone by 247TechBlog(m): 5:38am On Jan 14, 2018
Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD)—sometimes known as “quick codes” or “feature codes allow you to access hidden features or to directly communicate with your service provider’s computers and/or access back-end features in their device.

They are accessed by inputing them into the phone’s dialer or keypad as the case may be. USSD codes usually begin and end with the * or # keys with a sequence of numbers in between. For example, checking your airtime balance on MTN Nigeria can be invoked by pressing *556#

General Test Mode: *#0*#
Typing *3001#12345#* into your phone’s dialer and pressing the call button reveals a library of different phone operations, which could be operated with a single push (e.g. :LED, Vibration, Touch, Receiver, Sleep, Front Cam etc).

Identify Your Imei: *#06#
IMEI is short form for International Mobile Equipment Identity.

The IMEI number is used by a GSM network to identify valid devices and therefore can be used for stopping a stolen phone from accessing that network. For example, if a mobile phone is stolen, the owner can call their network provider and instruct them to blacklist the phone using its IMEI number.

To access it, type*#06# in your phone’s dialer, and then the green call button to prompt your IMEI number

Check Active Call Forwarding: *#67#
This code is useful for checking if your calls are currently being forwarded to another number/voicemail, which number it is being forwarded to and deactivation options.

Sometimes Call forwarding may have been activated mistakenly by you or by your network provider. On an iPhone, you can change this number by going to Settings > Phone > Call Forwarding. On Android (varies from system to system), tap the Phone app > 3 dot hamburger icon > Settings > Call Settings> More Settings > Call forwarding

Additional Call Forwarding Options: *#61#
If you thought the forwarding options above were cool, this is even better. Dialing *#61# shows even more complete info on forwarding options. It lists your Voice, Data, Fax, SMS among other options and shows if forwarding is active for any of them.

Hide Your Phone Number/Caller Id In Outgoing Calls: #31#
By entering #31# a prompt came up in a pop-up stating that my Caller ID had been disabled. In order to re-instate Caller ID, enter *31# and your number will be displayed in outgoing calls.

Alternatively, if you do not want your caller ID to be displayed for a specific number in an outgoing call, you can simply add #31# before the number and dial. Caller ID will be hidden for only that number

Check Phone Firmware Version: *#1234#
Need an easy straightforward way to know the firmaware version your phone is currently running? Dial *#1234#

Additionally it also displays your Common Short code version (CSC) and the model of your phone among other things.

Quick Test Menu: *#7353#
Similar to the General Test mode mentioned earlier, dialing *#7353# brings up a menu with a number of one-tap test prompts.

Pressing ‘Speaker’ in the listed Menu plays a song which you can use to test the quality of your speakers while Camera quickly opens your Camera App in Auto HDR for a quick test.

Activate Call Waiting: *43#
This code when dialed will activate call waiting; you can deactivate it by entering #43#. The call waiting feature is essentially useful if you want other calls to still show up on your screen even if you are on another call.

SMS Message Center: *5005*7672#
This code will tell you your SMS message center number. The SMS center number is essential to know in cases where you are experiencing messages not being delivered.A call to your customer service will almost always ends up with you being asked if your SMS Message Center number is correct.

Please NOTE that the USSD codes were tested on a Samsung S7 Edge running Android Nougat.

The same should be applicable to other phone users too.

3 Likes

Phones / Re: Samsung Set To Announce Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus In February by 247TechBlog(m): 5:30am On Jan 14, 2018
Phones / Samsung Set To Announce Galaxy S9 And Galaxy S9 Plus In February by 247TechBlog(m): 5:29am On Jan 14, 2018
Samsung’s Chief of Mobile, DJ Koh has confirmed during a Press conference at the ongoing Consumer Electronics show that its much awaited flagship phone, the Galaxy S9 and S9+ will be announced at the Mobile World Congress.

The Mobile World Congress (MWC) is the world’s largest exhibition for the mobile industry and it features prominent executives representing mobile operators, device manufacturers etc. representing different brands all over the world.

There were initial reports which suggested that the new Galaxy series could be showcased at the 2018 edition of the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) but it is now confirmed that the flagship series will be announced at the MWC 2018 which will take place in February in Barcelona.

Samsung Galaxy S9 Box
As expected, several leaks and even actual pictures of the Galaxy S9’s retails box have surfaces showing design, specifications and variations based on memory capacity.

The Samsung Galaxy S9 will spot 4GB RAM and will be available in two variants based on the internal storage — 64GB and 128GB. On the other hand, the Galaxy S9 Plus will come with 6GB RAM and will have four storage variants — 64GB, 128GB, 256GB and 512GB. The 512GB variant will however be available only in select regions and in small quantities

Under the hood, Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 845 processor will power the series in the United States and China while the International version is expected to be powered by the equally powerful Exynos 9810 chip which comes enhanced with better CPU performance and advanced artificial intelligence; both areas Samsung has been working on double time

Both the Galaxy S9 and S9+ are expected to follow in the S8 and S8+’s footsteps in display sizes; 5.5 inches and 6.2 inches respectively. While the S9 will come with a single real or primary camera, the S9+ will come with a dual rear camera setup for added Bokeh effect and better stabilization.

Celebrities / Re: Throwback Photo Of Nabila Fash, Oritsefemi's Wife by 247TechBlog(m): 12:43pm On Jan 12, 2018
The makeup is really one kain, I wont lie

But if he loves her like that, nothing to say here. Happy marriage to both of them. I hope they stay scandal free

Check www.247techblog.com for your Tech news, Tips & How To Guides

You will love it wink
Celebrities / Re: Adeniyi Johnson Acquires A New Car by 247TechBlog(m): 12:42pm On Jan 12, 2018
Congrats to him
You go no jam o!

Btw, how is this news?

You will love it wink
Politics / Re: The Dankwambo Alternative And The Choice Before Nigeria In 2019 by 247TechBlog(m): 12:33pm On Jan 12, 2018
They are about to sell us dreams again for the 2019 elections

We really need to take power from the North, they havent produced any tangible leader in recent times. I suggest we look at people like pat utomi, he seems like someone with something upstairs

You will love it wink

1 Like

Celebrities / Re: Davido's Aide, Kayode, Beats Airport & Customs Officials, Davido Runs, Hides by 247TechBlog(m): 12:33pm On Jan 12, 2018
I dont understand

Is he supposed to join in the fight too or what? Did well, avoid confrontation and settle amicably.

His aide needs to spend some time behind bars though, cant be unruly cos u are with a celeb

You will love it wink
Career / Re: Two Senior Nigerian Lawyers Punished, SAN Title Removed by 247TechBlog(m): 12:33pm On Jan 12, 2018
How about those Judges who have been corrupt since time immemorial?

They need to cut off corruption from the top , not these small fries

You will love it wink
Education / Re: Finished Secondary School At 16, And Got Back To Ss2, Enter Uni@26. (Testimony) by 247TechBlog(m): 12:24pm On Jan 12, 2018
Congrats!

Keep working hand, the sky is your starting point

No forget us for Nairaland when money dey come o wink wink

You will love it wink
Romance / Re: 10 Signs Your Girlfriend Just Sleptwith Someone Else by 247TechBlog(m): 12:24pm On Jan 12, 2018
Not always true though

Forming FBI isnt always the best option for you, if you suspect things like that, kuku leave the relationship or something

You will love it wink
Celebrities / Re: "This Boobs Shine Like Diamond" Fan To Maheeda As She Posts A Stunning Photo by 247TechBlog(m): 12:24pm On Jan 12, 2018
Nigerians, religious but not holy
I am sure some Pastors follow Maheeda and drool over her

grin grin

You will love it wink
Romance / Re: Be Careful Who You Call Ugly. Compare Picture Of 6 Years Ago To The Present Pix. by 247TechBlog(m): 12:23pm On Jan 12, 2018
Nothing spectacular about her again

Its probably a phone with good camera, nothing much

You will love it wink
Education / Re: A Delta State Poly Student Got Everyone Confused With Her Use Of English by 247TechBlog(m): 12:22pm On Jan 12, 2018
If they say most Nigerian graduates are unemployable , theyll start to get angry

I met quite a lot of graduates like this in Camp, Shameful stuff if you ask me

If the foundation is bad, there is no way the English will be good

undecided

You will love it wink
Phones / Re: I Saw This Message On Whatsapp And My Phone Hanged. Please What Could It Mean by 247TechBlog(m): 12:22pm On Jan 12, 2018
Reinstalling your whatsapp should do the trick

Something got corrupted on your phone most likely

You will love it wink
Family / Re: Couple Recreate Throwback Maternity Shoot Of 3yrs Ago by 247TechBlog(m): 12:11pm On Jan 12, 2018
Not bad wink

People usually recreate for older memories though..To each, his own

You will love it wink
Celebrities / Re: DJ Paky: "AY Refused To Pay Me After AY Live Owerri Show" by 247TechBlog(m): 12:11pm On Jan 12, 2018
Why not seek redress in court? Social Media wont help you and you'll look like a non professional

You will love it wink
Crime / Re: Men Who Killed SARS Officer And Took His Head To A Shrine Arrested. Photo by 247TechBlog(m): 12:11pm On Jan 12, 2018
E don be for these ones!

Long holiday in SARS cell awaiting them

You will love it wink
Celebrities / Re: Jide Kosoko Celebrates His 64th Birthday Today (Photos) by 247TechBlog(m): 12:10pm On Jan 12, 2018
Legend! Forever Legend! Since the days of Alade Aromire (RIP)
HBD!!

LLNP

You will love it wink
Religion / Re: Letter Of Covenant Written By Prophet Mohammed(pbuh) To All Christians by 247TechBlog(m): 12:09pm On Jan 12, 2018
To what end though?

You will love it wink
Politics / Re: Fashola Inspects National Meter Test Station In Lagos (Photos) by 247TechBlog(m): 12:08pm On Jan 12, 2018
We do not want pictures, we want better roads and good electricity etc
We want to see everything working perfect!

Like this post if you agree with me

You will love it wink

1 Like

Career / Re: Dauda Musa Umar ‘Major Dagger’, The Strict Instructor At Army Depot by 247TechBlog(m): 12:07pm On Jan 12, 2018
All I see is unrealistic sufferhead. They need to see Navy Seal trainings in hell week and the likes

It is designed to keep the body, mind and soul fit..not all these useless beatings and punishments.. Makes no sense at all at the end of the day

You will love it wink

4 Likes

Celebrities / Re: Throwback Photo Of Dwayne Johnson And His Father At Tender Age by 247TechBlog(m): 12:05pm On Jan 12, 2018
As he revealed on Twitter, the moana movie was inspired by his great Grandfather or something

The Rock rocks!! from movies to WWE, he has been awesome..Barely gets into any scandal

You will love it wink

1 Like

Politics / Re: Amosun Tours Abeokuta City Center In Oke - Ilewo (Photos) by 247TechBlog(m): 12:04pm On Jan 12, 2018
chupcake:

Forgive me if i am wrong but is the Adatan/Isale Ake road to Camp/Osiele road not a federal road? I am not sure but i have always heard it is a federal road.

Yes, it is
I just wish we would stop the Federal/ State road nonsense, its very stupid. That is the reason why Federalism is the way forward

As i heard, other Govs have collected money for that road many times without fixing it. If the state govs really care, they will find a way to do it

You will love it wink
Phones / Re: Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning by 247TechBlog(m): 12:03pm On Jan 12, 2018
Ebuka2016:

it doesnt even look like you just started, you already have lots of posts. Keep it up bro. I will contact you once am ready

Okay, I will be waiting

You will love it wink
Phones / Re: The Newly Launched Tecno Camon CM Full Specs And Price..worth It? by 247TechBlog(m): 10:35am On Jan 11, 2018
Tecno need to do better
If Xiaomi and One Plus come to Nigeria, that is the end of their sojourn!

You will love it wink

1 Like

Celebrities / Re: Actress Adunni Ade Shares Stunning Photo Of Herself On A Yatcht by 247TechBlog(m): 10:34am On Jan 11, 2018
Clean and fresh!
Not bad at all!

You will love it wink
Politics / Re: Soyinka Says IPOB Wasn’t Nearly As Violent As Herdsmen Yet Tagged Terrorist by 247TechBlog(m): 10:34am On Jan 11, 2018
This is true though
Sth needs to be done asap! the killings need to stop!!

You will love it wink
Politics / Re: "Why General Buhari Failed" Guardian Newspaper September 1985 - Reno Omokri by 247TechBlog(m): 10:33am On Jan 11, 2018
There really isnt a reason to say ' I told you so' though. Na all of us dey suffer am together
We should do better in the next elections

You will love it wink
Politics / Re: Photo Of Ahmed Rufai Abubakar, The Newly Appointed DG Of NIA by 247TechBlog(m): 10:28am On Jan 11, 2018
Nice one!

I hope he does right with the position though

You will love it wink
Celebrities / Re: Beautiful New Photos Of 2face And His First Son, Nino by 247TechBlog(m): 10:27am On Jan 11, 2018
Nice one!

Looks a lot like 2 baba!

You will love it wink
Education / Re: To Make First Class Is Easy( I Got 4.51(CGPA)L100) by 247TechBlog(m): 10:27am On Jan 11, 2018
What works fo A may not work for B though
Nice one!

You will love it wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (of 4 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.