Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,837 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

247TechBlog's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 247TechBlog's Profile / 247TechBlog's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (of 4 pages)

Politics / Re: VIDEO: Kano Commissioner Asks Supporters To Stone ‘political Satan’ Kwankwaso by 247TechBlog(m): 10:26am On Jan 11, 2018
One day, Nigerians will understand tht these politicians are only interested in enriching themselves, and they will vote with sense

They will still give off their children in marriage to each other smh

Check www.247techblog.com for your Tech news, Tips & How To Guides

You will love it wink
Celebrities / Re: “I Want To Be Like Bobrisky” - 26-year-old Guy From Ghana (PHOTOS) by 247TechBlog(m): 10:25am On Jan 11, 2018
By the time skin cancer comes for this one, it'd be too late
SMH!

You will love it wink
Politics / Re: Military Arrest Benue Youths Protecting Their Communities - Pics by 247TechBlog(m): 10:24am On Jan 11, 2018
I dont believe this though!
SMH!

You will love it wink
Celebrities / Re: See The Real Reason Behind The Tension In Mercy Johnson's Marriage by 247TechBlog(m): 10:23am On Jan 11, 2018
People want her marriage to have issues like Tonto Dike's so bad

E no go work!

You will love it wink
Romance / Re: Guess What My Male Best Friends Got For Me Has My Birthday Gift!!!!! by 247TechBlog(m): 10:23am On Jan 11, 2018
No matter how u love a chicken as a pet, one day you will eat it

Only the elders will know wink grin

You will love it wink

1 Like

Romance / Re: Check Out What I Saw In My Village During This Holidays by 247TechBlog(m): 10:22am On Jan 11, 2018
Why dont i believe this?
What is the name of your village? Who used a professional camera to snap the pictures?

You will love it wink
Politics / Re: BREAKING: Benue Killings: Troops Arrest Nine Gang Members [PHOTOS] by 247TechBlog(m): 10:18am On Jan 11, 2018
Why dont i believe this? undecided

You will love it wink
Celebrities / Re: Rihanna In Tears At Her Cousin’s Funeral Service (see Photos) by 247TechBlog(m): 10:16am On Jan 11, 2018
Is she not human?
Besides man can barely see her eyes, where are the tears? I dab for OP o

You will love it wink
Celebrities / Re: Regina Daniel's Boyfriend Gift Her N500k Iphonex,after Losing Phone To Robbers by 247TechBlog(m): 10:13am On Jan 11, 2018
Nigerian girls and material things. Another iPhone will soon be out and then the next cycle of hustling for a new one begins

You will be fine at the end of the day sha

You will love it wink
Religion / Re: Catholic Church Otukpo Built By David Mark (Photos) by 247TechBlog(m): 10:13am On Jan 11, 2018
A country that has more churches than schools can not move forward. It is not a curse or rocket science

You will love it wink

10 Likes

Romance / Re: Lady Taking Selfie Mistakingly Captures Unclad Guy Defecating (photo) by 247TechBlog(m): 10:12am On Jan 11, 2018
Makes no sense actually. LOL
Always check well before posting pictures online.. the same thing happened to Banky W some weeks ago, got roasted online for it

You will love it wink
Politics / Re: Amosun Tours Abeokuta City Center In Oke - Ilewo (Photos) by 247TechBlog(m): 10:09am On Jan 11, 2018
Saintsquare:
He can't touch Camp cos Na federal road from that Egba high school junction.

I think previous Governors collected money and didnt fix that road

Check http://www.247techblog.com for your Tech news, Tips & How To Guides

You will love it wink
Phones / Re: How To Turn Any Laptop Screen To Touch Screen Using This Simple Gadget by 247TechBlog(m): 10:04am On Jan 11, 2018
Romance / Re: See This Female Copper With Massive Butt, Why Is She Not With Her Colleagues? by 247TechBlog(m): 10:04am On Jan 11, 2018
The Vaseline crew should be here anytime soon

Btwn who snapped that picture and put it online? grin

You will love it wink
Politics / Re: Stop Weeping, Arm Benue People To Defend Themselves, Sagay Tells Ortom by 247TechBlog(m): 10:03am On Jan 11, 2018
Arm everyone and start a full fledged civil war? I wonder how these people think sometimes smh

The best thing is for the President to speak up and get to work

You will love it wink
Crime / Re: Hungry Armed Robbers Arrested In Kogi, They Were Caught Eating In Victim's House by 247TechBlog(m): 9:52am On Jan 11, 2018
These ones are just hungry and will probably do better if given sufficient rehabilitation

Fancy cooking sweet amala and ewedu in your victims house smh

Hunger plenty for the land

Meanwhile check my Blog 247techblog.com for your Tech news, Tips & How To Guides
Politics / Re: Amosun Tours Abeokuta City Center In Oke - Ilewo (Photos) by 247TechBlog(m): 9:47am On Jan 11, 2018
What exactly is he touring?

That place has been stagnant for almost 2 year, nothing has been done in a long while asides from the demolition about a year ago.

Why are they deliberately slowing down everything?

That road from Isale Ake to Camp/Osiele needs to be fixed, the one from Oke Lantoro to Olorunsogo roundabout too

Meanwhile check my Blog 247techblog.com for your Tech news, tips and tricks jare

2 Likes

Sports / Re: England To Play Nigeria And Costa Rica Ahead Of World Cup by 247TechBlog(m): 9:47am On Jan 11, 2018
I hope we win

Them Ademola Lookman and Jordan Ibe and co are sure not to get starting spots. If only they received some sense and decided to play for Nigeria
Celebrities / Re: "Buhari Is The Worst President In The World" - Skales Says. by 247TechBlog(m): 9:46am On Jan 11, 2018
In other news, water is wet

1 Like

Phones / Re: Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning by 247TechBlog(m): 9:44am On Jan 11, 2018
eezeribe:

Is it God that gives phone to people...
Maybe it's God who also manufactured the on-screen fingerprint scanning technology...
That's why we only know how to consume and review in Nigeria...

cheesy cheesy cheesy

God gave them the brain though. I am sure Nigerians can do better if given the chance and an enabling environment
Phones / Re: Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning by 247TechBlog(m): 9:43am On Jan 11, 2018
Ebuka2016:

i love your website and i love what you are doing bro. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to partnering with you.

Wow!

Thank you for the feedback bro. I just started and it would be nice to partner with someone

Many thanks smiley
Celebrities / Re: Davido Shares 2018 Vacation Pictures by 247TechBlog(m): 4:57pm On Jan 10, 2018
grin grin grin
Phones / Re: Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning by 247TechBlog(m): 4:51pm On Jan 10, 2018
YoungRichRuler:
Good

Now I can buy note 4 UK used grin

grin grin

Please check out my blog and comment .

The note 4 is coming for sure, maybe a Note 8 wink

Ask God and it shall be given unto you

3 Likes

Phones / Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 & S9+: Here Is What We Know So Far by 247TechBlog(m): 4:04pm On Jan 10, 2018
Phones / Samsung Galaxy S9 & S9+: Here Is What We Know So Far by 247TechBlog(m): 4:04pm On Jan 10, 2018
Are you still yet to fully explore the Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+? Or did you get the highly rated Note 8 and news about the S9 and its bigger cousin; the S9+ is already making you salivate? Yes, of course, we feel the same way! A dynasty or in this case a Flagship device lasts for only a little while as we gradually usher out the Galaxy S9/S8+ in preparation for the new King; the S9/S9+

It is hard not to salivate in anticipation of one of the best Flagship phone makers on the planet and given their track record bar the Note 7 debacle, there is everything to be delighted about.

Without much ado, here is what we know so far;

DESIGN:

Old Wine; Same Bottle

Not much will be changed with the Galaxy S9/S9+ design and it is fair to say pretty much of the old Galaxy S8/S8+ design has been retained. This is great given how much of the old Galaxy S7/S7 Edge design was radically changed to make way for the Galaxy S8/S8+. The Galaxy S8/S8+.

Using a combination of Glass and Aluminum to make for a premium, solid device, the Galaxy S9/S9+ will definitely utilize the curved, now Samsung signature curved glass on the front. The rear is by no means different as the glass will also remain curved towards the aluminum frame of the handset making for a premium, exquisite and handy device.

Following the introduction of the stunning Xiaomi Mi Mix, 2017 was resplendent with handset makers trying to usurp each other in bezel-less wars and the Galaxy S9/S9+ looks set to continue where the war stopped. Samsung being one of the early adopters of the trend will look to further slightly improve on the screen-to-body ration with a further reduction in the edge bezels.

Indeed a screen without limits!

EAR PHONE JACK, WATER/DUST RESISTANCE, BIXBY ASSISTANT

Bar the overall design, the Galaxy S9 is also expected to retain a couple of other features in its predecessors; features which have come to be standard on flagship Samsung devices. It is expected to come with IP68 certified for water and dust resistance, the Bixby button (which many did not like by the way) which takes on Google assistant/Siri and the beloved 3.5mm audio jack (did I hear someone heave a sigh of relief? LOL!). Apple, Google and other Chinese phone makers have since ditched the audio jack in favor of wireless earphones.

Toeing the same line as the Note 7 & the Galaxy S8/S8+, the iris scanner also is marked as present in this device. Rumors have said a top nudge in pixels up to 3MP, a slight bump up in the 2MP sensor present in the S8 for improved accuracy in facial detection.

FINGERPRINT SCANNER

There are doubts that the fingerprint scanner will come embedded under the S9 screen as initially thought. Vivo seems set to be the pioneer of this feature with the X Play 7 in the coming weeks.

The S9 is likely to follow in the steps of the recently released Galaxy A8 and A8+, two midrange devices which spot the fingerprint reader just below the camera, making for a better placed, more convenient to reach fingerprint sensor

Long overdue Samsung!

DISPLAY

We expect the Edge to Edge displays to still be continued with no radical changes to the Pixel resolutions to that on the S8; 5.8-inch Super AMOLED display with 1440 by 2960 pixel resolution on the smaller S9 with the larger 6.2 inch device spotting same. The tall 18:5:9 ratios are also expected to stay the same.

The Galaxy S9 is also expected to be protected from scratches and screen cracks by the Corning Gorilla Glass 5
[img][/img]

CAMERA

With the introduction of the Google Pixel 2 and its superb camera, Samsung will be looking to up its ante with the Galaxy S9/S9+.

The Note 8 came a few months ago with dual cameras spiced with Dual Optical Image Stabilization and same is supposed to be in the S9 family. It is not clear if both devices will spot dual cameras but initial rumors have suggested Samsung will toe Apple’s line; Introducing dual cameras in the S9+. As was obtainable on the Note 8 , regular and telephoto lenses are expected/ This enables the camera to do solid ‘Bokeh effects’ feature, which effectively blurs the background while focusing on the subject thus making for a nice DSLR-type effect

Two brand new ISOCELL camera sensors; the 12MP Dual Pixel ISOCELL Fast 2L9 and the ISOCELL Slim 2X7 were announced by Samsung in the past weeks, a hint that either may show up on the Galaxy S9 and S9+ with the latter being used for field of depth effect and fast autofocusing as is obtainable on the Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL

4K video recording is also expected on the Galaxy S9/S9+ with video recording pegged at 60fps

(Any chance we could get 4K displays, Samsung? No?)

HARDWARE

Trust Samsung to be the first to utilize brand new Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processors like it did with the now relatively old Snapdragon 835. International markets will get Samsung’s Exynos chipset which is built on Samsung’s 8nm Low Power Plus technology while the US and Chinese markets are in line for the Snapdragon 845 which is built on a 10nm manufacturing process

The new Snapdragon 845 is specially designed in such a way that it churns out performance in line with power consumption side by side with an Adreno 630 graphics unit

BATTERY

A Slight difference in the S9 and S9+ batteries is expected, with the smaller S9 hosting a 3,200mAh battery while its bigger cousin is set for a slightly improved 3,700mAh bump.

With wireless charging and fast charging now on almost all flagship devices and Samsung being among the pioneers of the feature, it is almost certain to come with the galaxy S9 and S9+. A rival to the rumored Apple AirPower charging pad, designed to charge multiple Samsung devices at once is also expected

Enough battery juice for you on the road!

RAM & STORAGE

Like the Galaxy Note 8, both the S9 and S9+ are expected to come with 6Gb of RAM packing enough performance juice for your day to day uses and heavy multitasking. For the Gamers, this should be more than sufficient to handle the heaviest games available on Android.

As regards storage, early predictions have pegged storage size at a more likely 64gb in the Galaxy S9 and S9+ while additional whispers have also touted a 128gb base storage. Micro SD slots have also be retained for the multimedia guzzlers who need every inch of space they can get for their favorite movies and 4K edits.

http://247techblog.com/tech-news/samsung-galaxy-s9-s9-plus-what-we-know-so-far/

Phones / Re: Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning by 247TechBlog(m): 3:53pm On Jan 10, 2018

1 Like

Phones / Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning by 247TechBlog(m): 3:51pm On Jan 10, 2018
As have previously been touted in rumors spanning as far back as November, Vivo, a young smartphone brand based out of Dongguan in China, has come up with the world’s first in-display fingerprint scanning smartphone.

Introduced at the Consumer Electronic Show (CES) 2018 in Las Vegas, Nevada, Vivo set the standards and defines a new era in mobile interaction with its futuristic in-display fingerprint smartphone

The in-display fingerprint technology supported by Synaptics supports multiple interfaces which are activated only when needed. In its workings, a GUI will show up on the screen when needed while it looks like a regular display when not called up to function. An indicator asks you to place a finger on it to unlock your or while using got mobile payment purposes.

This technology is heralded as better and more convenient than other authentication options currently available to smartphones without sacrificing design or simplicity.

In a press release which went out today, Alex Song, Senior Vice President of Vivo said;

“With our efforts in extensive consumer research and long-term R&grin investment, Vivo is well positioned to pioneer the development of fingerprint scanning technology. We first presented a prototype of our fingerprint scanning solution at MWC Shanghai 2017 based on an ultrasonic sensor, and have remained committed to realizing our vision for future smartphones"
Today’s showcase of a ready-to-produce in-display fingerprint scanning smartphone featuring an optical fingerprint sensor is a big leap forward in bringing consumers this long-awaited, futuristic mobile experience. We are very excited to make it available to consumers soon”

The availability of Vivo’s first in-display fingerprint scanning smartphone will be announced in early 2018.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (of 4 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.