Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,601 members, 7,827,263 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

How To Add A Pop-up On Your Wordpress Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Add A Pop-up On Your Wordpress Website (5323 Views)

BLOGGERS: Google Punishes Sites With Pop-up Adverts / Steps To Add A Widget Below First Post In Blogger / Easy Way To Add A Paypal Donate Button In Blogger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Add A Pop-up On Your Wordpress Website by sunnedee: 4:45pm On Jul 27, 2015
If you are to visit ten websites on the internet, about 1 out of the ten will show you a pop up where you can download a free gift or subscribe to the website in exchange for your email address. There have been different arguments on the pros and cons of using pop ups on your website. While some people swear that they have increased their subscribers base by numbers above 100% others don't usually use them because they tend to annoy their website visitors and even make them lose visitors. The truth remains that despite their down sides, pop ups are a great way of presenting a free offer like an eBook in exchange for an email to your website visitors.pop up

Okay, Sunday I am interested and want to try this but how do I start?

Now that I have convinced you to give this a spin, I will show you how to create cool, visually enticing pop ups on your wordpress website.

The great thing about wordpress is that you can extend its functionality with the use of plugins. There are two ways to go about this: the free option and the paid option. I have tried different plugins from the wordpress repository without being satisfied with the results until I finally discovered a free option called dislet pop. As at the time of writing this post, it is no longer being actively supported. If you are cash strapped and cannot afford to spend money on a premium plugin, you can use dislet pop for now.

Even though it is no longer being actively supported, this is a great plugin that will create different styles of pop ups and offer you the option of changing the colour, how many times to show the pop up and some other customizations.

Click here to download dislet pop.

After activating the plugin, you will need to go to your WordPress dashboard, and go to displet tools as shown in this image. Create pop up

By default, you will have some ready made pop ups which you can choose as a template and and generally configure the way you want the pop up to appear.

If you are to check the test mode, the pop up will appear each time you load any page or post on your website. This is to enable you tweak and adjust the pop up to your taste. For clarity purposes, I have included the screenshots of the settings page.

There is a little catch though. You will have to go to the widgets page to add a contact or subscription form. This , means you can use your already configured contact form plugin or other newsletter and email plugins.
Now check test mode and tweak until you are satisfied.

PS: I created a live working pop up using the above steps. Did you get my free gift? If not, clear your cookies and visit this post again and enter your Email address to download. I have configured the plugin to show once in 24 hours.
If you get stuck or want some clarification, do not hesitate to contact me through the blog.

SOURCE:
http://www.bloggingconcept.com/simple-cool-way-to-add-a-pop-up-on-wordpress-site/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Add A Pop-up On Your Wordpress Website by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 27, 2015
Pop ups can be annoying.
Re: How To Add A Pop-up On Your Wordpress Website by sunnedee: 5:44pm On Jul 27, 2015
Brandnew2:
Pop ups can be annoying.

I already said it in the first paragraph that some people dont use them coz they annoy some visitors.
Re: How To Add A Pop-up On Your Wordpress Website by allisonluvsu(m): 1:38pm On Jul 28, 2015
hmmm
Re: How To Add A Pop-up On Your Wordpress Website by tociano009(m): 1:38pm On Jul 28, 2015
Today Is my birthday, likes oya

4 Likes

Re: How To Add A Pop-up On Your Wordpress Website by ebuksy: 1:39pm On Jul 28, 2015
pop-ups...hmmm

I dont have anything to say about the topic. Just felt like securing a plot of land

1 Like

Re: How To Add A Pop-up On Your Wordpress Website by mytime24(f): 1:39pm On Jul 28, 2015
W

1 Like

Re: How To Add A Pop-up On Your Wordpress Website by thefakestan: 1:39pm On Jul 28, 2015
Wondering if Introvert will join me and Let's start a WordPress site?

[i][/i]
Re: How To Add A Pop-up On Your Wordpress Website by Revolva(m): 1:45pm On Jul 28, 2015
I want pop up off my facebook fanpage every time some one visit my site
Re: How To Add A Pop-up On Your Wordpress Website by searay(m): 1:51pm On Jul 28, 2015
Long time
Re: How To Add A Pop-up On Your Wordpress Website by olempe(m): 2:02pm On Jul 28, 2015
Popup on a site is good for business, but mist visitors hate it
Re: How To Add A Pop-up On Your Wordpress Website by dyabman(m): 2:14pm On Jul 28, 2015
sunnedee:

I already said it in the first paragraph that some people dont use them coz they annoy some visitors.

Especially me :>(
Re: How To Add A Pop-up On Your Wordpress Website by Hardheolar(m): 2:38pm On Jul 28, 2015
I blacklist any site with annoying pop ups
Re: How To Add A Pop-up On Your Wordpress Website by Warlord3000(m): 2:47pm On Jul 28, 2015
People will always hardly comment on webmaster thread on fp cheesy

Imagine at 3pm and the thing never reach second comment page.. wink
Re: How To Add A Pop-up On Your Wordpress Website by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 28, 2015
Pls, how do i customize the world press theme to my personalized site content?? Thanks
Re: How To Add A Pop-up On Your Wordpress Website by funmo(m): 3:04pm On Jul 28, 2015
cool
Re: How To Add A Pop-up On Your Wordpress Website by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 28, 2015
sunnedee:

Re: How To Add A Pop-up On Your Wordpress Website by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 28, 2015
Thanks op
Re: How To Add A Pop-up On Your Wordpress Website by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 28, 2015
OP Kindly check out this

www.samueliyanu. and send me a pm or mail, to discuss how we can work to improve the site, great contents but I'm not a web expert

I'll pay where necessary

Thanks
Re: How To Add A Pop-up On Your Wordpress Website by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 28, 2015
if you want to buy traffic, then stay away from pop-ups.
Re: How To Add A Pop-up On Your Wordpress Website by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 28, 2015
Hmmmmmmmmmm
Re: How To Add A Pop-up On Your Wordpress Website by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 28, 2015
Educative...
Re: How To Add A Pop-up On Your Wordpress Website by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 28, 2015
Nice post dude
Re: How To Add A Pop-up On Your Wordpress Website by sunnedee: 9:10pm On Jul 28, 2015
nicebuddy:

Pls how can one download d template for writing mark up language and java scripting with css?

I really don't understand this question. Can you please re-frame?
I understand you want to learn mark up and scripting languages? Right?
Re: How To Add A Pop-up On Your Wordpress Website by sunnedee: 9:12pm On Jul 28, 2015
First time I will land on FP.
Thanks to all that made it possible including the mod that pushed it.
One love.
Re: How To Add A Pop-up On Your Wordpress Website by sunnedee: 9:42pm On Jul 28, 2015
I received a mail that from Bola Ajayi that S/he was unable to download the plugin. Please drop a comment on the blog or contact me through email directly next time.
That being said, there is a download link on the page. Just close the pop up that tells you to register and you can download the .zip file.
(The irony of it is that even dropbox pushes a pop up at you to encourage registration) grin grin
Thanks.

Please find attached screenshot for clarity.

Re: How To Add A Pop-up On Your Wordpress Website by sunnedee: 9:55pm On Jul 28, 2015
Revolva:
I want pop up off my facebook fanpage every time some one visit my site
I am sorry, I cant help you with that. I dont have access to facebook backend and I doubt it is in line with their TOS. Just my thoughts tho. I may be wrong.

Ifowodooghenero:
Nice post dude

Thanks man.

Sogologobangose:
OP Kindly check out this
www.samueliyanu. and send me a pm or mail, to discuss how we can work to improve the site, great contents but I'm not a web expert
I'll pay where necessary
Thanks

You will need a self hosted WordPress website before you can do some customizations.
You are on the sub-domain which limits what you can do.
If you need more clarifications don't hesitate to contact me via the blog.
Thanks.

Warlord3000:
People will always hardly comment on webmaster thread on fp cheesy
Imagine at 3pm and the thing never reach second comment page.. wink
Lol. that shows a small percentage of Nigerians (or should I say nairalanders) are interested in web development/online marketing.

Thanks man.
Re: How To Add A Pop-up On Your Wordpress Website by GoodMuyis(m): 10:21pm On Jul 28, 2015
OrangeDream:
Pls, how do i customize the world press theme to my personalized site content?? Thanks

Child theme is your way in, contact me if you need help
Re: How To Add A Pop-up On Your Wordpress Website by derecho(m): 2:42am On Jul 29, 2015
Good write-up...but why go for a plugin that was last updated 2 years ago.Not compatible with the latest wordpress theme.For Those who love pop-ups,there's a free one that is compatible with the latest wp theme.Just check
https://wordpress.org/plugins/pop-up/
Re: How To Add A Pop-up On Your Wordpress Website by Nobody: 6:05am On Jul 29, 2015
Studying
Re: How To Add A Pop-up On Your Wordpress Website by igweamaka85(m): 10:26am On Jul 29, 2015
Na wa o! Affordable LANDS FOR SALE and APARTMENTS FOR RENT at "33" area of Onitsha Anambra state, interested persons should contact KEN on 08136517728

(1) (2) (Reply)

Good News.....you Can Now Withdraw Your Funds Directly To........ / Cheap .com Domain Name For N4,000/yr - Save Money On Your Domains / Social Networking Dilema Feat Drupal Vs Joomla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.