Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,996 members, 7,810,773 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami (2136 Views)

Maryam Abacha Pictured At Family Event / Boko Haram Returns To Chibok, Kills 4, Houses Razed / Bomb Blast In Kaduna Kills 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by Sagamite(m): 7:45pm On Apr 18, 2009
bawomolo:

what US state allows you to own war assault weapons. been watching too much movies lately

I watched CBS news two nights ago and they were showing guns that were bought in the US and being smuggled into Mexico by drug smugglers for the drug wars. Believe me, they were war assault weapons not hand pistols.
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by Sagamite(m): 8:00pm On Apr 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

Taking a man's freedom for 15 years is enough punishment. . . . . .Don't you think??

No. Not when you take someone's life (15 years in jail is a possibility for such crime in the UK).

Especially not when you put them in a 1 star hotel with access to playstation and call it prison. I always tell people here that there jail is more luxurious than my boarding school in Nigeria.

~Sauron~:

How has Capital Punishment help curb the ferocious criminals in America??
They are bunch of savages down there. . . . . . .

If you don't pursue the case, the Queen would.
I agree the UK is too soft on criminals but it has helped this island compared to what i have seen/heard in the States.
Capital Punishment + Gun Ownership + Jobless black men = U know what the answer is.

You can't compare the UK to the US. It is a different system. One is complete capitalist and the other is socio-capitalist to a degree.

They have different gun ownership numbers, different historical culture/mentality, different population volumes which can lead to diassociation, different landscape that influences social cohesion, different attitude to social welfare, different policies on healthcare etc. These influence the way people behave as one requires you to cater for yourself at all cost and the other takes care of you like a big nanny.

Hence, because death penalty does not eliminate/reduce crime in US does not mean it will not in the UK.

~Sauron~:

So what do you think should happen to murderers on this coast?? Castrate em or what?? cheesy cheesy

Depending on the circumstances and type of murder and proof level of guilt, I believe the ultimate is to sniff them out. I am a strong advocate for death penalty.

The planet is getting over populated anyway, so lets try and reduce the population by getting rid of the waste in human flesh.  grin

~Sauron~:

Murderers get LIFE. I believe that is sufficient enough.

In the UK, they give life and then release you after 20 years. Yet your victim is dead and gone. Why can't they make you dead and gone too?

~Sauron~:

How is the State different from the criminals they lynch if they snuff their lives with lethal injection/electric chair??

The State is different from the criminal because it is applying justice, not executing a crime like the criminal. There is a difference in the two. This is one of those yeye oyinbo arguments.  grin

~Sauron~:

I don't believe in Capital Punishment. Take it out of America and you would see a massive reduction in violent crimes.

They have death penalty in Iran and Saudi Arabia and violent crime is very low there. So I no chop this one.

Also Japan and China have death penalty and it works fantastically for them as their crime rate is very low. I no chop this one.
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by biina: 8:10pm On Apr 18, 2009
bawomolo:

its illegal.
and what does that do? isn't it illegal to kill? The point was that, for anyone that wanted to modify a semi-automatic, it takes little effort to modify the gun.

you can't carry a gun in cook county i believe. 
Unless there have been recent legislation, your believe is wrong. The ordinance in cook county banned 'most' common firearms and assault weapons. It affects residents of cook county, and does not restrict transportation by non-residents, as long as the gun is 'unloaded' and not 'immediately' accessible. Even if they banned non-residents as well, does the police check every car that drives into cook country?

and what's wrong with this, why stop a gun lover from having guns
What is wrong with it is that the gun lover may not love you or value your life.

Do you think some Chicago gangbanger gives a shit about a license.
Do you work/school/live/hangout with gangbangers? It is cos of career criminals that we have law enforcement agencies. The real question is what do you do when Bob, the guy in the next cubicle who got laid off yesterday (due to his incompetence or just global downturn) comes to the office with a gun and opens fire on all? Would you see it coming when you go in for a lecture in college, and a fellow student gets in front and opens fire on the whole auditorium? Would you have the foresight that your spouse, being pissed at your lack of attention to him/her, is about to make 'till death us part' a reality? It will be unfair to expect the police to protect you from such, rather it best you minimize the plausibility.

Most of the gun collectors are usually veterans, hunters, or people who just love to keep guns around. 
That is a far cry from people that own guns. There are people that just genuinely like guns and mean no harms by them. In fact I would guess that most people that legally own guns are not your career criminals, but that fact does not protect their victim(s) from their one moment of madness.

guns don't kill , people kill people
The age old argument! Nobody said you should ban guns, rather that it needs tighter control. The constitution that gave them the right to bear arms 'AND DEFEND THEMSELVES' didn't have the purpose of domestic homicide in mind.
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by bawomolo(m): 8:21pm On Apr 18, 2009
The real question is what do you do when Bob, the guy in the next cubicle who got laid off yesterday (due to his incompetence or just global downturn) comes to the office with a gun and opens fire on all? Would you see it coming when you go in for a lecture in college, and a fellow student gets in front and opens fire on the whole auditorium? Would you have the foresight that your spouse, being pissed at your lack of attention to him/her, is about to make 'till death us part' a reality? It will be unfair to expect the police to protect you from such, rather it best you minimize the plausibility.

who says a person with one moment of madness won't go out of his way to get a gun by any means? does it matter to that person if guns are outlawed or not. should we ban knives in the UK?

gun collectors shouldn't be punished for the actions of a select amount of people. 

Nobody said you should ban guns, rather that it needs tighter control

there is enough control in my opinion
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by Sauron1: 8:24pm On Apr 18, 2009
Sagamite:

No. Not when you take someone's life (15 years in jail is a possibility for such crime in the UK).

So what do you think would be adequate punishment for first degree murder offences?

Especially not when you put them in a 1 star hotel with access to playstation and call it prison. I always tell people here that there jail is more luxurious than my boarding school in Nigeria.

It's the EU that is forcing the UK to make these Prisons look like Hotels.
Go and read about the Prison system in Netherlands or France. In those countries, Prisoners are caged in single cells with TV, Playstation, etc.

You can't compare the UK to the US. It is a different system. One is complete capitalist and the other is socio-capitalist to a degree.

They have different gun ownership numbers, different historical culture/mentality, different landscape that influences social cohesion, different attitude to social welfare, different policies on healthcare etc. These influence the way people behave as one requires you to cater for yourself at all cost and the other takes care of you like a big nanny.

Let them adopt a new system. Capital Punishment is NOT working.
It is so obvious.

Hence, because death penalty does not eliminate/reduce crime in US does not mean it will not in the UK.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. grin

Depending on the circumstances and type of murder and proof level of guilt, I believe the ultimate is to sniff them out. I am a strong advocate for death penalty.
The planet is getting over populated anyway, so lets try and reduce the population by getting rid of the waste in human flesh.  ;[/b]D

I am petrified. Are you Hitler in disguise??

In the UK, they give life and then release you after 20 years. Yet your victim is dead and gone. Why can't they make you dead and gone too?

Taking 20 years of one's life is worse than killing him.
Many of these lags come out emotionally damaged. How does one recover 20 years??

The State is different from the criminal because it is applying justice, not executing a crime like the criminal. [b]There is a difference in the two. This is one of those yeye oyinbo arguments.
  grin

But it's a credible argument. I cannot stop murderers by murdering them. grin grin grin grin
The State killing serial killers year after year are what exactly?? cheesy

They have death penalty in Iran and Saudi Arabia and violent crime is very low there. So I no chop this one.

Those places are Holy lands.
if you examine their culture and way of life. . . . . .It is so different to what we have in the western world.
Violent crime will always be low in em places. . . . .Capital Punishment or not.
They are still following the Mosaic law of an eye for an eye. . . . . .Meanwhile, they breed terrorists in the name of idealism.
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by Kobojunkie: 8:25pm On Apr 18, 2009
Gun collectors usually have licenses for their guns. Knife owners do not.
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by Sagamite(m): 8:42pm On Apr 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

So what do you think would be adequate punishment for first degree murder offences?

Premediated, unwarranted, gruesome and proven beyond reasonable doubt: DEATH PENALTY.

~Sauron~:

It's the EU that is forcing the UK to make these Prisons look like Hotels.
Go and read about the Prison system in Netherlands or France. In those countries, Prisoners are caged in single cells with TV, Playstation, etc.

I normally call the European Court of Human Rights, the European Court of Bollock Rights.

It is total bollocks.

~Sauron~:

Let them adopt a new system. Capital Punishment is NOT working.
It is so obvious.

It will only get worse if they abolish death penalty based on their social structure.

Mexico and South Africa are begging to bring it back now.

~Sauron~:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. grin

You have a point. But they need more harsh punishments. Lack of this is the reason most people in the UK will not help anyone being attacked out because if they lose their life, the criminal will only get a slap on the back of the hand.

~Sauron~:

I am petrified. Are you Hitler in disguise??

Omo, I no go lie, I am the good Hilter.  grin

~Sauron~:

Taking 20 years of one's life is worse than killing him.
Many of these lags come out emotionally damaged. How does one recover 20 years??

It is still more favourable than their victims. Virtually all their victims will gladly take 20 years than be killed. So they still get a better deal than the wronged.

Moreover, most of the ones in the UK end up coming out being defiant.

~Sauron~:

But it's a credible argument. I cannot stop murderers by murdering them. grin grin grin grin
The State killing serial killers year after year are what exactly?? cheesy

Justice executors.  cheesy

~Sauron~:

Those places are Holy lands.
if you examine their culture and way of life. . . . . .It is so different to what we have in the western world.
Violent crime will always be low in em places. . . . .Capital Punishment or not.
They are still following the Mosaic law of an eye for an eye. . . . . .Meanwhile, they breed terrorists in the name of idealism.

Japan and China are note holy lands, they have death penalty and crime is low. Hence, death penalty does work for some countries.
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by Horus(m): 8:51pm On Apr 18, 2009
When America was allegedly discovered and colonized by England, England did not populate her American colonies with people who were refined and cultured. All the convicts were sent in America. The prisons in England were emptied of prostitutes, thieves, murderers, whores and many different kinds of freaks. They were sent  to populate this country. When these thieves and liars arrived in America, they created one of the most criminal societies that have ever existed on the Earth since time began.
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by Sagamite(m): 8:54pm On Apr 18, 2009
bawomolo:

what US state allows you to own war assault weapons. been watching too much movies lately

Bawomolo, please see the "blockbuster movies" I have have been watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1buAcAZAuM&feature=PlayList&p=A8F391F67F60A15C&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=39

Please tell me how the hell the weapon showed at 1.36min and 1.46min the link above can be sold to an ordinary citizen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VunwvKYluPg
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by Sagamite(m): 9:00pm On Apr 18, 2009
Horus:

When America was allegedly discovered and colonized by England, England did not populate her American colonies with people who were refined and cultured. All the convicts were sent in America. The prisons in England were emptied of prostitutes, thieves, murderers, whores and many different kinds of freaks. They were sent to populate this country. When these thieves and liars arrived in America, they created one of the most criminal societies that have ever existed on the Earth since time began.

I want you to do two things:

1) First shut your mouth
2) Then whooze yourself a huge slap.

Many of the first people that landed in US were devout christians and later it was people looking for opportunities. Stop mixing up Australia with US.

Moreover what relevance has that got to do with 500 years later?

People are having intelligent conversations then you just jumped in to open up your mouth yakata to talk crap.
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by bawomolo(m): 9:03pm On Apr 18, 2009
Mexican drug lords are known to have mortars and rocket propelled grenades. to say 90% of their weapons come from US gun runners is exaggeration.  Most of these weapons are acquired illegally and not from mom and pop gun stores.

what you guys don't get is that tighter gun controls would fuel a racket just like with cigarettes and alcohol
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by Sagamite(m): 9:11pm On Apr 18, 2009
bawomolo:

Mexican drug lords are known to have mortars and rocket propelled grenades. to say 90% of their weapons come from US gun runners is exaggeration. Most of these weapons are acquired illegally and not from mom and pop gun stores.

what you guys don't get is that tighter gun controls would fuel a racket just like with cigarettes and alcohol

I hope you watched what was on the links and you listened carefully?
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by Horus(m): 9:18pm On Apr 18, 2009
Sagamite:

I want you to do two things:

1) First shut your mouth
2) Then whooze yourself a huge slap.

Many of the first people that landed in US were devout christians and later it was people looking for opportunities. Stop mixing up Australia with US.

Moreover what relevance has that got to do with 500 years later?

People are having intelligent conversations then you just jumped in to open up your mouth yakata to talk crap.

How are you going to shut my mouth?.If you cannot ,then F**k Off.
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by oybv101: 9:47pm On Apr 18, 2009
Horus:

When America was allegedly discovered and colonized by England, England did not populate her American colonies with people who were refined and cultured. All the convicts were sent in America. The prisons in England were emptied of prostitutes, thieves, murderers, whores and many different kinds of freaks. They were sent  to populate this country. When these thieves and liars arrived in America, they created one of the most criminal societies that have ever existed on the Earth since time began.

actually, you're confusing the us with Australia - which actually was a penal colony
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by Horus(m): 9:51pm On Apr 18, 2009
oyb v1.01:

actually, you're confusing the us with Australia - which actually was a penal colony

It hapened in Both australia and america,I know what I am talking about. But because the topic is america i mentioned it only but i know for austalia i am not confusing.
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by biina: 9:54pm On Apr 18, 2009
bawomolo:

who says a person with one moment of madness won't go out of his way to get a gun by any means? does it matter to that person if guns are outlawed or not. should we ban knives in the UK?
Like I said earlier, never compare a knife to a gun, as they are not  in the same league.At least you must have heard the saying 'you don't bring a knife to a gunfight'. Your average bob wouldn't know who to ask about where to get a gun illegally. Even if he did, the fact that  he has to think about it will make it a premeditated crime, which excludes the moment of insanity that is possibly when Bob has a gun permit.

gun collectors shouldn't be punished for the actions of a select amount of people. 
and what is the punishment they would have to bear.  I repeat, it is not about banning guns, but rather control and policing so as to reduce repeat occurrences of someone shooting up kids at school, killing of spouses and children, or just random shooting of humans.

there is enough control in my opinion
Ok so what is your recipe for stemming gun violence in homes and schools? we should arrest the dead perpetrator?

People like you are all pro gun talk, until it hits close to home, then you start shouting blue murder. If you had ever lost a loved one to a domestic homicide, or to a school shooting (which is has happened at all levels from kindergarten to Colleges), you will not be online arguing about gun control.

Everything has a primary purpose: As a pen is to writing, so is a gun to killing
Re: Only In America They Behave Like Mental-man Kills 4 At Family Gathering In Miami by biina: 10:05pm On Apr 18, 2009
Capital punishment should always be on the table, but should  be applied with the utmost of caution.

Some crimes are just too heinous, that the idea of keeping the felon alive on the basis of the  futile hope of his rehabilitation (which puts at risk future victims if he does not), while he lives off the taxes of his victims, is just not fair. Even if he does rehabilitate, where is the justice for the victims? I say hang him and let the world move on.

We can all argue about the pros, and cons, of capital punishment, the only incontrovertible fact is that, after execution, same felon shall sin no more (which I believe is what everybody desires)!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Three Federal University Of Technology Akure Students To Represent Nigeria. / Gej On The Importance Of The Sovereign Wealth Fund (swf) / Breaking News!!Bakassi Prepares For War As It Declares Independence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.